Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: The Quarter Finals - Five Fan Favorites

• Start Topic

(edited)

Final 3 should have been Yeti, Russian Dolls and Piglet. 

I see Hanson released a single today and announced a new album so that explains that. Gah, this show. 

Edited by Lilac2000
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Lilac2000 said:

Final 3 should have been Yeti, Russian Dolls and Piglet. 

I see Hanson released a single today and announced a new album so that explains that. Gah, this show. 

Yep. Came to say that their single dropped the day they got eliminated. 

I want the final three to be Swan, Yeti, Piglet. But before tonight, it was Russian dolls in Piglet's place.

Now to my grassy knoll question, had the same question during Masked Dancer. HOW ARE THEY FILMING THIS? Nicole's latex outfit was worn with that little Betty Boop hairstyle in week 3, they showed it when saying Chameleon was a hit in week 3. 

Is everyone singing every night? Sometimes they reference things they have said in previous episodes. The guest judges change, but the clothes don't. How did they reference week 5 guesses today in the quarter finals if this was filmed in week 3!?!

Make it make sense!!! Are they time traveling? Nick wasn't even hosting in week 3. So how did that work!?! I'm so confused!

So happy to see my 5th grade crush (Zac Hanson) still looks as handsome as ever. Full disclosure: I liked him in the 90s because he was essentially a male Olsen twin. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

Now to my grassy knoll question, had the same question during Masked Dancer. HOW ARE THEY FILMING THIS? Nicole's latex outfit was worn with that little Betty Boop hairstyle in week 3, they showed it when saying Chameleon was a hit in week 3. 

Is everyone singing every night? Sometimes they reference things they have said in previous episodes. The guest judges change, but the clothes don't. How did they reference week 5 guesses today in the quarter finals if this was filmed in week 3!?!

I can only conclude it's completely scripted until maybe the finale and then they choose a winner? Like a movie or TV show they film out of sequence. But...how much effort would it be to change clothes and hair for each round? They swap out guest judges so they clearly take breaks. And Niecy and Nick both hosting while the judges are wearing the same outfits is super sketchy. Oh well...it lets me turn my brain off for an hour each week.

• Love 1

It would be interesting to know how quickly they film the show, i.e., how many segments are done in a day.  When the show started tonight, I was a bit confused when I saw that the judges were wearing the same outfits as in earlier shows.  Is the wardrobe budget that tight?  Show is really losing its appeal to me.  So many of the guesses are people I'm not familiary with, i.e., Dua Lipa?  Guess I'm showing my age and all.

I was pretty sure Chameleon would go, off chance of Piglet. But hearing there's a new Hanson single the day they get eliminated, well... I mean, this isn't the Olympics, and I'm still entertained, so whatever. If the contestants need to or choose to only go so far because of other commitments they have to be available for, or to boost other parts of their careers, it's fine, as long as it's their choice. And the show doesn't do anything stupid like have a Gronk get way too far.

• Love 1

I was convinced that Piglet was going to go home and was slightly surprised that it was Russian Dolls.  I had Piglet going home this week and Dolls next, to give the show the diverse finale it clearly wants.  I guess Piglet will go next week.

Chameleon is by far the worst, I get that he's a rapper but it's not even entertaining.  The Frog could only rap as well, but at least he danced and was entertaining.  Chameleon just mostly stands there and yet Jenny and Ken think he exudes coolness or something and that's why he deserves to stay?

I wasn't that impressed by Black Swan tonight either.  I think Seashell was better than her.

I don't care for Yeti's voice at all... there's something about the tone, it has that very froggy and nasal quality.  Like a young 15 year old Justin Timberlake during the early N*STINK years.

Yeti or Chameleon will win.  Black Swan will get second.  And the other guy will be third.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

4 hours ago, pnina said:

It would be interesting to know how quickly they film the show, i.e., how many segments are done in a day.  When the show started tonight, I was a bit confused when I saw that the judges were wearing the same outfits as in earlier shows.  Is the wardrobe budget that tight?  Show is really losing its appeal to me.  So many of the guesses are people I'm not familiary with, i.e., Dua Lipa?  Guess I'm showing my age and all.

I was wondering the same thing.  Same exact outfits.  Nicole as Dominatrix Spiderwoman.  Jenny in that black outfit.  Even the hair was done exactly the same way.  I agree that they could wear the same clothes and have their hair done the same way.  It's especially odd if the prior episode in these outfits and this episode were filmed back to back.  Meaning the shows are taped out of order, and the whole thing is indeed scripted.

Sadly, I agree with you that the show is losing its appeal to me as well.  I find myself fast forwarding through a lot of the show now... I listen to some of every performance, if I like it I will keep watching, otherwise fast forward.  I fast forward through a lot of the comments and the jokes.

If there is going to be a Season 6 I hope they will delay it until they can get good quality participants.  If they keep scraping the F list barrel to get trash like Catelyn Jenner and Logan Paul, then the future doesn't bode well.  I hope they can delay until they can get a real audience back into the auditorium.  If movie theaters can re-open with people wearing masks (which still get removed to eat popcorn) then why can't they have a real audience again?

I hope they explain the voting too.  The show is losing its shine on me because of suspicions that it is indeed fake and scripted.

Is it sad that I found myself much more interested in the promos for this new show "Crime Scene Kitchen" and the next season of "Beat Shazam" than the show itself?

• Love 3

I thought Chameleon should have left weeks ago but Hanson dropping a single makes sense. 

I have the same questions about filming since the judges were wearing the same outfits.  Plus wondering if Nick was really sick or they needed a wild card so that was their plan?  Otherwise, how could they film an older episode on the same day as last night's episode?  Too much conspiracy but I'll just sit back and enjoy the show for now.

I do think overall, this season had good singers.  Caitlyn and Danny were the worst ones.  Except for when Kermit left before Danny, those two were the next ones to go.  I'm thinking it was planned for Kermit to leave on the first show.  So I'm glad they have for the most part let the better singers stay.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

I thought Chameleon should have left weeks ago but Hanson dropping a single makes sense. bI have the same questions about filming since the judges were wearing the same outfits.  Plus wondering if Nick was really sick or they needed a wild card so that was their plan?  Otherwise, how could they film an older episode on the same day as last night's episode?  Too much conspiracy but I'll just sit back and enjoy the show for now.

I do think overall, this season had good singers.  Caitlyn and Danny were the worst ones.  Except for when Kermit left before Danny, those two were the next ones to go.  I'm thinking it was planned for Kermit to leave on the first show.  So I'm glad they have for the most part let the better singers stay.

I agree with you... I'm starting to think that Nick wasn't sick at all.  That they needed him as a Wild Card to fill up a slot and then they get the added bonus of bringing in Niecy.  Was there ever anything official from the show that said he had Covid, or was it just speculation and then people just assumed it and it kept getting repeated? 

I would hope that they just re-wore the outfits... but otherwise, if these two shows were taped on the same day or back to back, it seems suspicious that the comments reference things that were guessed just last week.  Unless it is all scripted.

I agree that overall, the singers have been very good this season with the exception of Catelyn Jenner, Danny Trejo, Logan Paul.  Kermit should have outlasted all of them.

• Love 2

I'm guessing that the Chameleon is an athlete.  He said he likes to bring "the rumble" like Jackie Chan so maybe Floyd Mayweather?  I honestly know zip about sports these days so that's my best guess.  Pretty sure the Yeti is Ne-Yo as he was in the Step-Up tv series.  I keep on thinking that the Black Swan is a member of Fifth Harmony but I don't know enough about them to guess which one (I'm going to go with one of the ones that hasn't had a successful post-Harmony career.  So not Camila Cabello or Normani).  

With everyone else that they either filmed this entire season over the course of a few days or reused the heck out of outfits.  I could see how all the guesses are scripted, that way no one guesses correctly too early.  They probably tell each panelists what name to say and give them free reign over how they defend their "guess".

I loved this show but the past few seasons have really annoyed me on who gets kicked off.  I'm pretty sure I know who each contestant is and I have been right on most this season.  That is what keeps me watching. But the dolls should have made the finals. Directly after the last performance last night votes were immediately in?? Scripted, biased results makes me not want to watch the show. IMO Chameleon should have been out the past few weeks! If he is who I think he is, I like a bunch of his stuff. But his talent isn't on par with people getting voted off.

(edited)
17 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

Pretty sure the Yeti is Ne-Yo as he was in the Step-Up tv series.

The only thing that makes me doubt this is he did the UK version late last year, and would he really have done two versions of the show so close to each other? Especially, you know, right now?

In other news, it's hard to feel TOO sorry for Hanson getting booted now given all the self-inflicted wounds to their reputation over the last year, buuuut mostly I'm just amused they've somehow changed which brother is the one that looks like he got fashion advice from 1990s Ellen DeGeneres.

Edited by SnideAsides
5 hours ago, SnideAsides said:

In other news, it's hard to feel TOO sorry for Hanson getting booted now given all the self-inflicted wounds to their reputation over the last year, buuuut mostly I'm just amused they've somehow changed which brother is the one that looks like he got fashion advice from 1990s Ellen DeGeneres.

What did they do?  The only thing I know about Hanson these days is that they still make music and they have a ton of kids. 

• Love 1

I was so confused by Chameleon beating out The Russian Dolls, they are so clearly better than him, but them dropping a new single from a new album explains it. I figured out it was them awhile ago and the Weird Al hint clinched it, I remember him showing up in one of their music videos and I think have done a few songs together. Why the judges love Chameleon so much is beyond me, he's fine but not even close to the talent of the other performers. He is just a decent rapper, not a singer, and isn't particularly fun as a performer, I am guessing he is someone pretty big to justify keeping him around, or at least someone the show thinks is cool. 

The strings are really starting to show with the "competition" aspect of the show, especially if everything is being shot at the same time and the line up of who is winning and losing is all scripted. It doesn't kill the show for me, this has always been more of an over the top celebrity karaoke more than a real competition for prizes with any stakes, but I wish they wouldn't make it so obvious so that we can more easily go along with the ride. 

Ken is like the member of your college improv troupe who refused to share the spotlight with anyone else and was just always going on with these over the top bits while their scenes partners are standing there just to get him to do a scene instead of terrible stand up.  

I normally think Black Swan is great, but she didn't sound as good as she usually does, I think the song was a poor choice. I definitely think that a Fifth Harmony member sounds right, her singing has a bit of a R&B sound, and they have been on a break for awhile and are probably looking for some press for their solo stuff. Highly doubt its Camila Cabello though, she's busy being the break out star. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

What did they do?  The only thing I know about Hanson these days is that they still make music and they have a ton of kids. 

Zac got busted with a Pinterest account full of bigoted gun memes, Isaac is a Covid conspiracy theorist (and given the setup of the Russian Dolls costume, presumably so are the other two), and all three of them took a while to respond to the BLM protests and when they did they appeared to go out of their way to avoid saying that black lives matter.

On 5/13/2021 at 1:13 PM, Snapdragon said:

I'm guessing that the Chameleon is an athlete.  He said he likes to bring "the rumble" like Jackie Chan so maybe Floyd Mayweather?  I honestly know zip about sports these days so that's my best guess.  Pretty sure the Yeti is Ne-Yo as he was in the Step-Up tv series.  I keep on thinking that the Black Swan is a member of Fifth Harmony but I don't know enough about them to guess which one (I'm going to go with one of the ones that hasn't had a successful post-Harmony career.  So not Camila Cabello or Normani).  

With everyone else that they either filmed this entire season over the course of a few days or reused the heck out of outfits.  I could see how all the guesses are scripted, that way no one guesses correctly too early.  They probably tell each panelists what name to say and give them free reign over how they defend their "guess".

I've got absolutely nothing to base this on, but I've been thinking Chameleon is an athlete too the whole season, Dennis Rodman to be specific. Ohhh.... I wonder if Black Swan is Ally Brooke. I just heard she gave in interview saying being in Fifth Harmony wan't exactly an awesome experience. 

I've always found the filming of this show to be suspect, but this season is just off the rails. The random order of obviously filmed together episodes is just comical at this point. It would have made sense at the very beginning if say there was still 2 or 3 groups and they did all the filming in one day. Sure, repeat outfits would have made sense then, but now it's just pointing out how messed up the production is. 

• Love 1

I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, so part of why I enjoy this show is seeing (hearing) how multi-talented some of these people are, especially athletes. And to revisit talented singers you don’t normally get to hear singing others’ hits, and hearing newer stars I didn’t know. 

Yes, considering the wardrobes, the taping order is bizarre.