Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Stories, Secrets, Half-Truths, And Lies

• Start Topic

Airing May 19, 2021:

Crockett worries he made a surgical error when a recent transplant patient comes in with complications. Carol is once again in distress. Will and Natalie must take action to right their wrong.

Will always falls on his sword for Nat and this time he shouldn’t have

I thought Charles’s patient had seemed to recover too quickly; I guess she was just putting on a front. He was way too patient with her given her nuttiness and clingy behavior, but at least she’s getting proper help now

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Will always falls on his sword for Nat and this time he shouldn’t have

I thought Charles’s patient had seemed to recover too quickly; I guess she was just putting on a front. He was way too patient with her given her nuttiness and clingy behavior, but at least she’s getting proper help now

8 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Natalie should have been pushed off the roof. Will is an idiot for jumping under the bus for her. He deserves to be fired for sheer stupidity.
St. April saves the day once more! 🙄 I really liked Archer tonight. 

And this is why this show is getting beyond tired. Even in her final 2 episodes, she is STILL protected from facing any consequences. Her character has never faced any repercussions. One way or the other, rather by sheer luck, or being benefitted by people protecting her, she continues to skate without any consequences for her actions. It's sickening.

• Love 10

What is the mindset of writers who put such garbage storylines on paper?  Do they just despise the viewers? Do they hate these actors?  Are they deranged?  They should be let go.  It’s beyond crazy to do this to a show. It’s now like a joke.  So, I guess Natalie will never suffer for any of the terrible things she’s done.  Good grief...

• Love 8
(edited)

The way I see it, Natalie's mother dies, Natalie is arrested (by a P.D. cop), Will gets fired, and somehow April weasels her way into the interview she missed. End of season.

Hopefully, next season there will be new blood (no pun intended), with better writing and story-lines.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, preeya said:

The way I see it, Natalie's mother dies, Natalie is arrested (by a P.D. cop), Will gets fired, and somehow April weasels her way into the interview she missed. End of season.

Hopefully, next season there will be new blood (no pun intended), with better writing and story-lines.

We can only hope. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Why do you think that Crockett was so insistent that April NOT check the donator tissue for covid?  It seemed like an easy thing to do, as she illustrated.  I suppose just a contrived odd decision to give April another opportunity to act like a doctor.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why do you that Crockett was so insistent that April NOT check the donator tissue for covid?  It seemed like an easy thing to do, as she illustrated.  I suppose just a contrived odd decision to give April another opportunity to act like a doctor.  

And be right and be a saint and save the day! 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

And be right and be a saint and save the day! 🙄

DING DING DING :-) Littleiggy for the win.

This show just creates idiotic situations instead of doing harder creative work by having the characters' organically have situations.

Such a poorly written show - even the Will thing made no sense. By shouldering the blame, Will has created a situation in which the entire study could be thrown out since he as a doctor actually responsible for the study has now made anything he did in the study suspect. 

If Natalie took the blame the results of the entire study would not automatically be suspect since all she did was steal medication and give it to one patient versus Will who would be considered to have potentially compromised in multiple ways. 

And by "all" I don't mean that Natalie didn't do an incredibly stupid and illegal thing but only that it could be walled off from the other results since the doctor overseeing the entire trial wasn't involved except for the coverup.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, preeya said:

I think Will will originally take the fall for the compromised study, get fired, realize it’s not worth getting fired for Natalie, and tell Goodwin the truth, which sends Natalie packing (with or without charges). Will keeps his job because Goodwin is a pushover. 

I can’t believe I got sucked into this show. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, amarante said:

And by "all" I don't mean that Natalie didn't do an incredibly stupid and illegal thing but only that it could be walled off from the other results since the doctor overseeing the entire trial wasn't involved except for the coverup.

Good point, BUT this show has NO SENSE OF LOGIC in the writing of these episodes. Natalie should be arrested and charged with any and all drug charges that could be attached to this case. Additionally, she should lose her license to practice medicine, and if the mother dies, murder/manslaughter.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, preeya said:

Good point, BUT this show has NO SENSE OF LOGIC in the writing of these episodes. Natalie should be arrested and charged with any and all drug charges that could be attached to this case. Additionally, she should lose her license to practice medicine, and if the mother dies, murder/manslaughter.

True, but it’s likely she’ll get a promotion and a raise.  It’s disgusting and for the writers to paint a doctor like her to be on the top with no  repercussions is irresponsible.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

Do they actually have female writers on this show?

One female went nuts and cut her own throat because she couldn't 'have' her boyfriend. Natalie is a drug stealing selfish asshole who has violated just about every law & ethic in the medical world & April is just an awful whiny hypocrite. All 3 leave in disgrace. Who writes this shit & how does Dick Wolf allow it?

Over on PD they just beat the living shit out of Burgess every season & Fire has a woman who needs the men in her life to beg, borrow and steal promotions for her. 

Gah...misogyny is alive and well in Chicago land.

• Love 7

Will should have ensured the medication was secure.  There are procedures for that.  Still Natalie is the worst.  They are trying to justify her conduct on the basis that she lives her mother and anything is allowed if you love someone enough.  If that was the case, doctors and their families would get first pick to receive organ transplants.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Will should have ensured the medication was secure.  There are procedures for that.  Still Natalie is the worst.  They are trying to justify her conduct on the basis that she lives her mother and anything is allowed if you love someone enough.  If that was the case, doctors and their families would get first pick to receive organ transplants.  

Well in this hospital they would.

• LOL 2
On 5/20/2021 at 9:43 AM, preeya said:

I see all of it BUT Will gets to keep his Job cause Natalie FINALLY doesn't let him throw himself under the bus for her 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Granted, her mother didn't know what she was taking, but in this situation I don't think that would normally stop her from being held partially accountable.

But how could she be held even partially accountable if she didn't know?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Though even Will wouldn't have expected a fellow doctor to steal the leftover trial medication and then have her mother use it with no monitoring. He packed up the the trial user's existing meds and and left it available for pick-up by the mail courier.

5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

But how could she be held even partially accountable if she didn't know?

I'm wondering if the mom is over 65, would Natalie be charged with elder abuse?  AS WELL as manslaughter, negligence..?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

As Natalie is seen telling the truth to Goodwin, presumably that means Will will be reinstated. And presumably he will agree, because he's a main character on the show and that's where he needs to be to continue. But realistically, if I were him, I would seriously hesitate at returning, simply because it seemed pretty plain that Goodwin - the top dog - REALLY doesn't like him. 

It first came out when Will was cranky about Ethan getting the job he wanted; but now it was top-level disdain/downright abhorrence. It felt like Goodwin didn't even want to look at him, let alone hear or consider any explanations about what happened. It was clear that her mind had been made up about him long ago, and this last thing was just icing on the cake. So with that all right out there, who would want to remain employed at Med? Will's going to be the scapegoat for everything, whether he deserves it or not.

5 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

As Natalie is seen telling the truth to Goodwin, presumably that means Will will be reinstated. And presumably he will agree, because he's a main character on the show and that's where he needs to be to continue. But realistically, if I were him, I would seriously hesitate at returning, simply because it seemed pretty plain that Goodwin - the top dog - REALLY doesn't like him. 

It first came out when Will was cranky about Ethan getting the job he wanted; but now it was top-level disdain/downright abhorrence. It felt like Goodwin didn't even want to look at him, let alone hear or consider any explanations about what happened. It was clear that her mind had been made up about him long ago, and this last thing was just icing on the cake. So with that all right out there, who would want to remain employed at Med? Will's going to be the scapegoat for everything, whether he deserves it or not.

It’s been a while since I watched it, but I thought she gave him an opportunity to explain.  But, imo, to volunteer to take the fall for Natalie, as he did, reveals his poor judgment, even if he didn’t start out knowing.  He wasn’t just protecting a friend, he was helping a dangerous person flourish in a hospital.  So, I have no sympathy for him.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It’s been a while since I watched it, but I thought she gave him an opportunity to explain.  But, imo, to volunteer to take the fall for Natalie, as he did, reveals his poor judgment, even if he didn’t start out knowing.  He wasn’t just protecting a friend, he was helping a dangerous person flourish in a hospital.  So, I have no sympathy for him.  

Oh yeah, definitely. He should have told on her immediately, but as he himself did say, they had a history and it's hard to do that to someone you once loved. As cheesy as this show often tends to be, I can understand that part. It's hard to say or do something that might get a person important to you in trouble, even potentially ruin their life, regardless of whether you know intellectually that they deserve it.

As for Goodwin giving Will a moment to explain, it was really just a brief, cursory moment, where it was clear she didn't want to hear anything. IMO Will realized that, so he just didn't even bother.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:16 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Why do you think that Crockett was so insistent that April NOT check the donator tissue for covid?  It seemed like an easy thing to do, as she illustrated.  I suppose just a contrived odd decision to give April another opportunity to act like a doctor.  

And she did a major misdeed as a nurse, forged the dr's signature for the lab order.  Just because the tissue sample came back positive and it was a good idea to check for covid, this doesn't excuse her doing something illegal.

Dr Verani (sp?) is so...plastic.  She looks and moves like a robot.  It's almost like she has difficulty moving her facial muscles.  I feel she is the show's replacement for that awful, wooden, crazy surgeon who was matched with Rhodes.