Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TexasGal

Season 9 Talk

Recommended Posts

On 5/25/2021 at 6:19 PM, geauxaway said:

I thought MJ and Reza went to Beverly Hills HS together?  I knew they were both raised by single parents, but I was also under the impression that Shams had money and supported MJ but maybe not Vida.  I honestly don’t know, I just assumed that all their families had money even if it appeared they were not living in extravagance.   Asa’s family lived in a really small house, but I think they were loaded.  
 

 

As was posted above, Beverly Hills is a free public school and many people move into Beverly Hills specifically because of that since private tuition for 12 years adds up. It is one of the differences between Beverly Hills within the city limits and Beverly Hills Post Office.

The area below Wilshire is filled with apartments and relatively modest homes. When Beverly Hills was built, it was a very planned community. The worker bees lived in housing below Wilshire. The professional class lived in the homes between Santa Monica and Sunset and those homes actually become bigger as one goes further north. The homes above Sunset were for the really wealthy.

At this point any real estate in Los Angeles especially the highly desirable West Side is so expensive that even the areas below Wilshire are very expensive. Many people will scrimp in order to afford a Beverly Hills apartment specifically for the free excellent schools. 

Reza and Mercedes were not raised in great wealth. No one works as a salesperson in a department store like MJ's mother if they have other income streams. 

Reza and MJ were living in relatively modest apartments in the first seasons. I don't think they owned their condos. They spent a lot of money on flashy clothing but honestly I think that they bought a lot of "high quality" replicas from China. It may or may not be surprising but there are mirror image replicas which are purchased by many people in Los Angeles and I assume elsewhere but I am very familiar with the Los Angeles replica distribution :-). Almost every designer is available and virtually indistinguishable when being worn from the authentic. There is so much replica Gucci, Fendi and Chanel because it is so recognizable. The more discreet designers like Chloe are also available but that isn't the Shah's taste. And of course bags, belts, jewelry are all available in mirror image quality. Some of the stuff isn't cheap - but it is still less expensive to buy a crocodile Hermes Birkin for $700 versus $30,000.  I have a multimillionaire friend and she is a huge purchaser of the stuff. 

Asa's parents were poor. The house she had in the first seasons was purchased by her previous lover - not sure if they were married but she got to keep it when the broke up. However she wasn't actually living in it but was renting it out during the first seasons. It wasn't until she got some of the Shah money that she moved back in. And of course at some point she would have been supported by Jermaine.

Mike's parents appear to be relatively well off but I don't get the feeling that they are rolling in wealth. Both of his brothers are professionals and Mike is really the only neer do well in the family. He was living relatively modestly in the initial seasons. He had made a lot of money during the real estate boom in Vegas - but who wasn't during the boom - and then lost it. 

As far as I can tell of the original Shahs only GG was completely supported by her parents in fairly nice style. At this point like the other Shahs she makes a good salary from the Shah plus all the other promotional opportunities. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

I am finding the season so boring, but am living for the production/editing shenanigans!  “Texts Mike actually sent.”  “Shahs in the wild” and Reza and Destiney dramatically reading Mike’s texts in a prior episode.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Reza was on Watch What Happens Live 3 weeks ago, as first Shah cast to promote the new season. 

He was paired with Kim Fields. 

He was so over the top performative - yes even for him. Meaning, he was so hyper, 70 miles an hour and overacting, over enthusiastic in all his comments. 

Adderall ?

Even Andy Cohen was like WTF??

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I’m curious how well Reza’s overpriced hair product in an overly saturated market is doing.   

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Reza and Destiney dramatically reading Mike’s texts in a prior episode.

That was hysterical.  So far the high point of the season.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Was anybody surprised at all that Mike was lying? I know I was absolutely 100% not shocked.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/31/2021 at 3:37 PM, TexasGal said:

I am finding the season so boring, but am living for the production/editing shenanigans!  “Texts Mike actually sent.”  “Shahs in the wild” and Reza and Destiney dramatically reading Mike’s texts in a prior episode.

In that moment I found both Destiny and Reza appealing and funny.

It didn’t last but there was a moment…. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Frankly I don't care how much money they have.  These are some seriously low-rent, third-rate assholes.  

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow....it wouldn't be a true episode if Reza wasn't blubbering (crying) again about something self serving.  

It's impossible to find anything redeemable about any of these people.  What a blight these assholes are on the Persian community.  If I were Persian and lived in LA, I couldn't stick my head in the sand, like some damn ostrich, quick enough!!!

Edited by BlueMax
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/18/2021 at 2:12 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Somewhere in the world, Johnny Wier is saying "bitch stole my look"

Hahaha. I was thinking maybe it was from Vida's closet! Sans the red lipstick. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh, this group is unbearable yet I can’t turn off the TV. 

Can Paulina’s lips get any bigger? She needs to spend time with her kids, leave Mike, and get off this shitshow.

Reza 120% ratted/blamed GG - only a guilty person would run off in the wee hours of the morn. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I feel like the only reason Reza would throw GG under the bus like that was if he was the one doing it. But even then you’d think he’d pick someone else. I don’t know who to believe. We’ve seen Mike like incessantly so he isn’t the most trustworthy person either. 
 

edit: man I don’t trust Reza but Mike is an insincere, calculated piece of shit right now. Also his stimulant eyeballs give me the creeps. I think he’s playing the victim here. 

Edited by Vipbrj
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Mike actually said if the roles were reversed, he would not be able to forgive Paulina. Then, he said he would wonder what he did wrong, which is what Paulina is probably doing now. 
 

Say what? Paulina did NOT do anything wrong. You are a liar and a serial cheater. 
 

Mike also kept saying you’re my world, etc., on and on ad nauseum. When Paulina said you do anything like this again and we’re done, he wanted to end the conversation. Never can take responsibility. 
 

Then in the preview, he actually said oh it had to have been Reza who sent the texts??? Yeah, everyone wants to set you up. There is no need because you think with your golden dool and will cheat again and again.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

Ugh, this group is unbearable yet I can’t turn off the TV. 

Can Paulina’s lips get any bigger? She needs to spend time with her kids, leave Mike, and get off this shitshow.

Reza 120% ratted/blamed GG - only a guilty person would run off in the wee hours of the morn. 

It was very reminiscent of Lisa Vanderpump on BH Housewives.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just the sight of Adam makes my skin crawl. He and Reza deserve each other.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Both Mike and Reza are lying assholes. Nice friends like Reza to throw GG under the bus. I am sorry, but Jessica was a beauty compared to lips lina.  I guess the Palm Springs house that Reza had is no longer or was never his, because he went home to LA when if he still had the house, he could have easily gone there or at least made mention of it.  Baby Shams is adorable and I am glad MJ so far is not sporting that long ratty wig.   

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

If these people are so called friends, I’d hate to see them with their enemies. 
Does Reza really think he can see baby Shams when he has a restraining order out on his dad? I thought he said last season that he was going to drop it?  The spoofed texts sound like Adam and Reza. 
Unprotected texts! Tommy is the funniest on the show. 
Destiney with her nephew was boring filler. I’d rather have Shervin back. I don’t find Destineys over exaggerated talking heads to be entertaining at all. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I say Adam sent the texts.  That’s why Reza threw GG under the bus. 
 

Interesting....yep, I'll bet that's it.  But I wonder if Adam sent them at Reza's behest -- "YOU send them, that way they cannot be traced back to me.  If they catch on, I'll tell them it was GG - no one will believe her anyway so we'll be safe."  

I have to wonder if this is the last season for these assholes.  Anyone know what the ratings have been?  

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I have to wonder if this is the last season for these assholes.  Anyone know what the ratings have been?  

I thought Bravo would cancel the Shahs after the You Had Ten Abortions ugliness.  Obviously I was so wrong.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I can only watch this show in small doses so It takes me about a week to get through an episode. At this point they are all hypocritical liars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I thought Bravo would cancel the Shahs after the You Had Ten Abortions ugliness.  Obviously I was so wrong.

Yet, MJ still wants to be friends with that scumbag. That is some toxic shit going on between these people. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Yet, MJ still wants to be friends with that scumbag. That is some toxic shit going on between these people. 

Yes. AND thirsty for money and D list celebrity status.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I barely noticed noticed Destiny in Palm Springs.  She got a dog to try to help her storyline and it didn’t help.  She put her nephew on the show and that didn’t help.  Both the dog and the kid were cute but that isn’t going to make Destiny worth watching.

Nema and Sherv are still attractive and Mike is gross.  
 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Yet, MJ still wants to be friends with that scumbag. That is some toxic shit going on between these people. 

MJ wants the Bravo paycheck and exposure to earn social media payouts. I’m positive that MJ and the gang were given the choice to make up and have a show, or fight and end the show.

Edited by NYCFree
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

MJ wants the Bravo paycheck and exposure to earn social media payouts. I’m positive that MJ and the gang were given the choice to make up and have a show, or fight and end the show.

I believe this 100 percent. It’s also why Tommy and Adam aren’t more upset that  MJ and Reza are hanging out.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone else think that MJ and Reza are behinds the spoof texts?

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I probably know what the answer is but does anyone know what happened with that condo construction project that Mike was theoretically managing last season.

Was the whole development absolutely bogus - i.e. the parents never owned property or was just Mike's storyline fake - i.e. that he was never going to actually do anything but his parents let him pretend he was going to be doing it for the sake of his storyline.

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, amarante said:

I probably know what the answer is but does anyone know what happened with that condo construction project that Mike was theoretically managing last season.

I don't think Mike's brothers and parents would show up and basically lie to give their brother/son a storyline on a reality show.  I bet Mike was the project manager for that building, and after a few weeks of fucking up, being late, missing deadlines and posessing a non-existent work ethic his parents and brothers fired his ass.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I don't think Mike's brothers and parents would show up and basically lie to give their brother/son a storyline on a reality show.  I bet Mike was the project manager for that building, and after a few weeks of fucking up, being late, missing deadlines and posessing a non-existent work ethic his parents and brothers fired his ass.

I don't disagree that Mike could quite possibly have been fired.

However I do disagree that they would not have done what they did in order to provide Mike with a storyline. He makes a lot of money from being a Shah - it is his job essentially and he needs to provide producers with a storyline at the beginning of each season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, amarante said:

He makes a lot of money from being a Shah - it is his job essentially and he needs to provide producers with a storyline at the beginning of each season.

Who else would have him but Bravo?

2 minutes ago, amarante said:

However I do disagree that they would not have done what they did in order to provide Mike with a storyline.

Let's agree to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post

Big lips Paulina doesn’t want to hang around with the group but happily sends them private texts about their relationship…o….k….

Wow, the Count really doesn’t have an ass. Vida is hilarious, and the producers did a great job zooming in to prove it 

Love how Nema made his sister’s issue about himself.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I wish Destiny with her flat ass and orange lipstick should go away.  We know Vita is uncensored and will say anything.  At least Vita gave Destiny a storyline for half of this episode.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheCouchPotato said:

Big lips Paulina doesn’t want to hang around with the group but happily sends them private texts about their relationship…o….k….

 

 

This. I was thinking the same thing.

If that's true, Paulina is the worst type of woman, bringing you into her drama and then blaming you. They should all just nod their heads and smile next time.

After 10 season of Reza having each Shah be a target, I'm glad he's finally the one being targeted. At almost 50, instead of lashing out, why can't he simply pull MJ aside and talk to her about it? Yikes.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

On 6/1/2021 at 7:06 AM, Carolina Girl said:

I’m curious how well Reza’s overpriced hair product in an overly saturated market is doing.   

 

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 3.44.06 AM.png

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

I think we could use a break from Reza and Adam. I’d rather see Tommy go to the get togethers vs those two.  
I remember the days when having a small butt was a compliment. Destiney should have shut that down right away. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Reza has such a strong instinct to lash out when he’s hurt. MJ totally has his number as to why he told Destiny Vida’s comment—to drive a wedge between MJ and Destiny.

Golnessa has really shown growth over the years. She still quite flawed, but she has changed for the better.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

 

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 3.44.06 AM.png

Ah....the ominous "clearance".....meaning we ain't buying MORE.   Trouble with being the face of the brand, Reza, is that people have to LIKE the face.  Yeah, people bought at the event, but I'm thinking there was no repeat business and that when the product stood alone, it didn't fly off the shelves.

Wonder how many of those review "stars" were by Reza himself, his partners and Adam creating different accounts.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Wonder how many of those review "stars" were by Reza himself, his partners and Adam creating different accounts.  

No need to go to all that trouble!  You can buy review stars.  😊

  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Adam looks like a dude that has one foot already out the door.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Adam looks like a dude that has one foot already out the door.

I really don’t understand why they got married. This has been the case since before the wedding even happened.  Open relationship or not, whats’s the point of getting legally married?  Neither of these two seem committed to each other AT ALL.  Never have.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I really don’t understand why they got married. This has been the case since before the wedding even happened.  Open relationship or not, whats’s the point of getting legally married?  Neither of these two seem committed to each other AT ALL.  Never have.  

Story line.  
l wish big butts were fashionable when I was in my 20s and 30s.  Always have had one.  Felt it was huge back then.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So GG has a nanny and also her mom is living with her full time and GG doesn't have a full time job? At least the baby is very well taken care of. I had my doubts about GG high on weed 24/7 and taking care of an infant. Or toddler. Or teen. Her mom probably realized she would need help right from the start. GG is a lucky woman. 

Reza is a malicious, jealous, petty, hateful, untrustworthy asshole. However, he is right about Mike. Thing is they will be best friends again by the end of the season. The never ending Shah's cycle continues, no matter how vicious and spiteful they are they will come back together in the end. It's toxic and disturbing to say the least. These people are all in their 40's, some pushing their 50's except maybe GG. How pathetic is that? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Reza is a malicious, jealous, petty, hateful, untrustworthy asshole. However, he is right about Mike.

Even a malicious, jealous, petty, hateful, untrustworthy asshole can be right sometimes!

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Even a malicious, jealous, petty, hateful, untrustworthy asshole can be right sometimes!

As much as I am not a big fan of MJ, I think she completely hit the nail on the head with Reza last night, when she said if he has two good friends who are women, it's important to him that they dislike each other.  He did this with Lili (Lily? Lilli?) from (I think) Season 3 - made sure that both MJ and GG didn't like her, all the while schmoozing her up.   

Also her point that he has no qualms about publicly embarrassing people that HE deems deserve it.  And there are multiple times it's directed at GG.  Remember introducing her husband as a "surprise" at that party, which humiliated her (noticed MJ didn't mention that one last night - because she was his nasty ass henchman in that little caper)?  Or those "letters" that he wrote to shame GG at a large gathering.  He then steps back and acts "surprised" when GG"s reaction to this is to fly off the handle.  He damn well knew what she'd do and uses it to say "see what we all have to put up with"?  

He's an unlikeable little prick.  And I find myself LOVING Tommy for telling MJ that Reza doesn't get to meet Shams.  Not now, and certainly not in the foreseeable future.  And he must really mean it, because MJ isn't even mentioning how she could pull it off, or doing it anyway (knowing he'll see the broadcast).  In some ways. Tommy comes across to me as the most genuine of the group.  He hates Reza and he hates Adam.   Yeah, he was wrong - TOTALLY WRONG - to go over there and trash their backyard, but after that completely nasty thing Reza screamed at her about abortions at the pool party, good judgment was not a factor.  

I look forward to the day when Reza has to say "do you know who I WAS?"

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Remember introducing her husband as a "surprise" at that party, which humiliated her (noticed MJ didn't mention that one last night - because she was his nasty ass henchman in that little caper)?  Or those "letters" that he wrote to shame GG at a large gathering.  He then steps back and acts "surprised" when GG"s reaction to this is to fly off the handle.  He damn well knew what she'd do and uses it to say "see what we all have to put up with"?  

When they showed that montage of everything Reza has done/said/lied about over the years to GG, MJ and pretty much ALL of his so called friends he is lucky to have a single friend left much less a husband (however gross Adam may be). Reza is deplorable and I'm convinced most of them are still speaking to him because of the show and the paycheck that comes with it. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

When they showed that montage of everything Reza has done/said/lied about over the years to GG, MJ and pretty much ALL of his so called friends he is lucky to have a single friend left much less a husband (however gross Adam may be). Reza is deplorable and I'm convinced most of them are still speaking to him because of the show and the paycheck that comes with it. 

Precisely - they all want or need the Shahs paycheck at this point so they'll put up with him to stay on the show.   When it's over, I imagine he and his despicable little toy boy will wake up and wonder where everybody went.  MJ is going to follow her husband's lead and cut him the hell loose; GG really has no use for him; Mike hates him; Destiny wants to be on TV and without the show, why even give this misogynist bastard the time of day?  Nema is a non-entity no matter how hard he tries to be a "thing" on this show.  Shervin is gone.  They have no storylines.  

I imagine they have another season in them after this one, especially when you think how long it took them to finally pull the plug on that shit show that featured a no-talent, alcoholic racist twat and her has-been football husband.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size