Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

I agree with all of this but I especially want to respond to the bit in bold. It bothers me that I'm supposed to feel some sort of "representation" via Eboni because she looks the most like me out of the housewives or because we can check the same box. Eboni does not represent me as a viewer.

I also find it ridiculous that all this time I've been watching RHNY, apparently I'm supposed to have been hurt, angry (heh) and resentful that there hasn't been a black cast member on until now. There's this idea that people like me won't watch a show or a movie without the proper amount of "representation" and I can't say that I have ever chosen to watch something based on the amount of racial diversity it has. My qualifications for watching something are pretty simple: Is this interesting? Will it entertain me? That's really all there is to it. If I simply based my viewing habits on racial representation I'd be missing out on a lot of entertaining movies and series.

When Eboni joined the show, I was intrigued and my initial thoughts were that her addition would be fun and interesting. I gave Eboni a fair chance but it's become clear that she has an agenda that doesn't involve being an entertaining cast member of the show. 

A couple of days ago, I read Eboni's response to someone who opined that he was bored with what she was bringing to the table this season as a cast member.

https://ebonikwilliams-97728.medium.com/dear-brian-8fa83202d06b

There's a lot that I want to address here (my apologies for the length!) but I think it explains a lot and answers some questions about Eboni's purpose on the show.

From Eboni's response:

From the opening of her response she's already kind of lost me because she's making it seem like the ladies in past seasons were bringing up their race in every episode and since season 1 it's basically been a discussion about what it's like to be a white woman in NYC.

She also addresses the lack of drunken antics (as if that's all a certain portion of viewers want to see) and says that this can't be blamed on her because the people who usually bring this aspect are sober this year. (I guess she forgot about Sonja with the sexy J.)

In the next quote, Eboni addresses something that many of us have wondered about. How much of her tendency to bring up race is producer driven? Rather than Eboni being egged on by producers, I think this quote indicates that this is simply how she is and people can take it or leave it because she has no interest in changing. 

This last quote really says it all. She brings up race all the time because it's literally her favorite thing about herself. I can't imagine going through life that way. It's so odd to me and I wonder how she would respond if someone like Ramona said "My Whiteness is my favorite thing about myself." Lol, no way would Eboni not have an issue with that. To me, a person's favorite quality about themselves should be character driven. If a person said that their favorite thing about themselves is their beautiful face, I'd also give them a little side eye because it doesn't address what their best quality is as a human being. 

What's interesting about this is that it indicates that someone like Ramona essentially needs to pass a test that Eboni has in order for Eboni to engage. I don't think that Ramona has given any indication that she is against the "liberation and humanity of Black (and all other races)" but it's unclear what exactly Ramona would have to do to prove to Eboni that she's on the same page as her in terms of racial equality. Obviously, Ramona's voting history seems to make Eboni think that Ramona will need to do extra work to prove that they share the same values when it comes to humanity along the racial spectrum.

Last quote:

I'm surprised at Eboni's insistence that this is her authentic self. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and thought that she was injecting a lot of this on camera because she was being encouraged by the producers based on the current climate. Her way of inserting race into so many of these discussions this season came across as so forced and inorganic that I was positive there must be some other explanation. Apparently not though. This is who she is and we can definitely expect it to continue all season. I can't imagine how exhausting it is to be her on a daily basis. She must be perpetually outraged.

Wow. Thank you for finding this and for describing your thoughts. I’m a little surprised that, in my opinion, she presents herself as preferring to find conflict with other individuals. That must be a stressful way to live your life.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Wow, Eboni is so much worse than we all thought.

Arrested for shoplifting a $245 pair of shoes at age 18:

"Addressing her past shoplifting Williams said she was 'proud' to be a product of the deferred prosecution process.

This meant that when she was charged with stealing one pair of Stuart Weitzman pumps in 2002 the judge could use his discretion and dismiss the case as it was a first-time, non-violent offense."

Proud to have shoplifted and let go by a lenient judge.  Good for her.  SMH.

She was let out of her 3-year Fox contract after 1 year, upon mutual agreement.  No one at Fox could stand her; she decided one day to just not show up, 2 hours before airing.  

She made million-dollar demands at Fox, when she was only supposed to be an adjunct to their program.

She's insufferable, and I hope she doesn't return.  If she does, ratings will continue to decline until the only sponsors they have are late-night cable TV ads for things like super sharp Ginsu knives and Miracle Diet pills.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Ooop!  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9856249/RHONY-Eboni-Williamss-rift-stars-deepens-filming-postponed-indefinitely.html

It's the Daily Mail, but still. As a side note, I had no idea Eboni's ex was white. I guess his skin color should not matter, but I envisioned her being engaged to a gorgeous man of color, not some dorky old white guy. 

In other words she's no different than the White women she looks down on.  She was trying to take a short cut to the 1% in NYC by way of wealthy older man.   Just like most of them.  So much for working twice as hard as everyone else.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, Lemons said:

In other words she's no different than the White women she looks down on.  She was trying to take a short cut to the 1% in NYC by way of wealthy older man.   Just like most of them.  So much for working twice as hard as everyone else.   

As a side note, I had no idea Eboni's ex was white. I guess his skin color should not matter, but I envisioned her being engaged to a gorgeous man of color, not some dorky old white guy. 

So I guess that means he had to listen to her lectures about white privilege all the time.

And she showed no interest in his kids?

• Love 7

I haven't found anything super objectionable in the press that has come out about Eboni. I don't care that she shoplifted when she was 18, or declared bankruptcy, or was in a relationship with an older white dude who funded her fancy apartment (this is not that different from Luann, Sonja, Erika, and more).  These kinds of things aren't necessarily pretty or admirable, but they are understandable and small potatoes in the scheme of things.

What I don't lilke about Eboni, and Leah for that matter, is the judgemental, know-it-all attitude they bring to the show. I have a hard time with that. 

I hope some of the negative publicity helps them recognize that they aren't all that, nor do they have all the answers.

I feel Eboni thinks she knows it all, but she still has a lot to learn. Same for Leah. A few bites of humble pie are in oder, I feel. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 15
On 7/12/2021 at 11:34 AM, Avaleigh said:

My Blackness is my absolute favorite thing about myself. I make no apologies for it, nor will I be shamed around it.

This last quote really says it all. She brings up race all the time because it's literally her favorite thing about herself. I can't imagine going through life that way. It's so odd to me and I wonder how she would respond if someone like Ramona said "My Whiteness is my favorite thing about myself." Lol, no way would Eboni not have an issue with that. To me, a person's favorite quality about themselves should be character driven. If a person said that their favorite thing about themselves is their beautiful face, I'd also give them a little side eye because it doesn't address what their best quality is as a human being. 

I wonder if what she meant by "Blackness" is not just her skin color (like "whiteness," or a particular feature like "a beautiful face"), but more along the lines of being Black, and the culture she is a part of because of it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
On 8/5/2021 at 4:52 PM, Starlight925 said:

Wow, Eboni is so much worse than we all thought.

Arrested for shoplifting a $245 pair of shoes at age 18:

"Addressing her past shoplifting Williams said she was 'proud' to be a product of the deferred prosecution process.

This meant that when she was charged with stealing one pair of Stuart Weitzman pumps in 2002 the judge could use his discretion and dismiss the case as it was a first-time, non-violent offense."

Proud to have shoplifted and let go by a lenient judge.  Good for her.  SMH.

She was let out of her 3-year Fox contract after 1 year, upon mutual agreement.  No one at Fox could stand her; she decided one day to just not show up, 2 hours before airing.  

She made million-dollar demands at Fox, when she was only supposed to be an adjunct to their program.

She's insufferable, and I hope she doesn't return.  If she does, ratings will continue to decline until the only sponsors they have are late-night cable TV ads for things like super sharp Ginsu knives and Miracle Diet pills.

Thanks for that.  I’ve always wondered what happened with Fox.  My daughter just told me Ebony isn’t coming back and made a statement.  Nobody quote me, please.  I haven’t read anything myself, so …  I just hope Leah is next.  Maybe it’s old news?  I don’t know.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2

Eboni is just another greedy grifter, using BLM to try to polish her criminal past.

Her sense of entitlement kicked in at a young age.

She tried to gloss over the bankruptcy in her 2nd episode, but I didn't buy it. Red flags go off for bankruptcy at a relatively young age, with no "acceptable" cause, such as illness. She has a law degree, for gawd's sake. Don't tell me she couldn't pay off her creditors over time.

• Love 10
On 8/6/2021 at 2:05 AM, Jextella said:

What I don't lilke about Eboni, and Leah for that matter, is the judgemental, know-it-all attitude they bring to the show. I have a hard time with that. 

I just listened to a past Fresh Air with Terri Gross interviewing Cecily Strong, she talked about her character "The Girl You Don't Want to Talk to at Parties," she would prattle on using malapropisms, stating half-assed issues but not actually giving examples, etc...and it hit me, THAT IS LEAH!!!!

Also, I would like a free subscription Apple + TV so I can watch Schmigadoon, I do not own Apple products to watch it on so I guess I want a free Apple device too....anyone?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/12/2021 at 12:34 PM, Avaleigh said:

Having Black pride is not the same as White pride.  Black people have been conditioned for centuries to hate themselves and worship whiteness.  A lot of our issues in the Black community stem from self-hatred. I do agree with you that your race should not be the only thing that defines a person.  Your morals and character is important as well.

• Love 13
On 8/6/2021 at 1:05 AM, Jextella said:

haven't found anything super objectionable in the press that has come out about Eboni. I don't care that she shoplifted when she was 18, or declared bankruptcy, or was in a relationship with an older white dude who funded her fancy apartment (this is not that different from Luann, Sonja, Erika, and more).

Agreed, I actually think she's more similar to Ramona/Lu/Sonja that she'd like to admit, or, I wouldn't use the word "jealous", but had Eboni married well she'd definitely be planted inside the OG's social circles. 

Of course Eboni is way more educated and knowledgeable but what Ramona/Lu lack in formal academics they make up for it in life experience and shrewdness; I mean, for every Ramona/Lu I bet there are 20 Sonjas that invest their prime years in getting/staying rich but fail in the process. 

Anyway, I warmed up to Eboni near the end and I think she felt more comfortable with the women, I wouldn't mind seeing that version come back but if she books The View I bet the producers of that show would NOT let her be on RHONY. Now if that happens it would be interesting which way she'd go, I bet The View but you never really know. 

• Love 7
On 9/6/2021 at 3:50 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

just listened to a past Fresh Air with Terri Gross interviewing Cecily Strong, she talked about her character "The Girl You Don't Want to Talk to at Parties," she would prattle on using malapropisms, stating half-assed issues but not actually giving examples, etc...and it hit me, THAT IS LEAH!!!!

Also, I would like a free subscription Apple + TV so I can watch Schmigadoon, I do not own Apple products to watch it on so I guess I want a free Apple device too....anyone?

Yes!  Great comparison.  

I've seen it. It was.....okay.  I think better in theory than execution.  

• Useful 4

On WWHL last night with Captain Glenn from Below Deck Sailing, Yacht, Glenn said he'd be interested in dating Eboni, and Andy said he could arrange that.

On Instagram, Eboni still has referency to RHONY but Leah does not.

I understand they won't even be done casting for several months - much less filming, but it appears Eboni is still in the running. Who knows about Leah. She's feisty enough to remove reference until all is locked in stone.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Is that why? She said it was to negotiate combining the old guard with the new people. There were reports that Ramona, Luann and Leah refused to even attend a party with her by leaving when Eboni showed up at a book release.

Which sort of makes sense since the audience fled when Eboni showed up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Just my 2 cents...

I really do like Eboni and Leah for that matter, but neither will work on RHONY. Their know-it-all attitudes are just to abrasive and depressing. 

I wish they had the self-awareness to know this about themselves and lighten up because they are entertaining good people with interesting stories.

I'm watching the new survival show that Eboni is on. She's toned things down a lot, but her ego still gets the better of her. I just want to tell her it's ok to not be right all the time, or be the best all the time. Just be human and enjoy yourself. 

She is entertaining to me, and I hope she makes it in the entertainment world.

• Love 2
On 4/13/2022 at 4:52 PM, Joe Bacigaloop said:

Eboni is all over the place says that other than Sonja none of the other woman wanted to “negotiate” with h her so there can be a new season. Why would they need to negotiate with her? 

it doesn’t make much sense. 

I'm confused about what this means as well. I'm guessing everyone but Sonja wanted Eboni to be cut from the show and so they weren't willing to negotiate if Eboni was going to be included in the next line up. 

It's funny because Leah wanted everyone to think that she was the most pro Eboni out of the ladies but that person actually turned out to be Sonja. 

I can understand why Ramona and Luann didn't want to film with Eboni. Why would they want to when Eboni made it clear that neither of them had passed the racial tests she gives people before she's willing to give them a chance and interact with them on a meaningful level? 

It really is a bummer that the first black cast member on this show was such a bust. It was also hard to watch somebody not make the most of such an incredible opportunity. I know what this show is at the end of the day. But at the same time it's also a good gig where a person can make a nice amount of money, bring awareness to a pet project, and travel to a bunch of cool places while production (mostly) picks up the tab. Yeah, getting embarrassed on TV is part of the trade off but there are worse jobs. 

Also, whether it's fair or not, a lot of viewers are going to blame Eboni (and Leah) for ruining the show long term to the point where Bravo feels like they’re now going to have to have two different shows to satisfy two separate audiences that are/were fans of RHNY.

It didn't have to be this way.

• Love 6

Eboni has a chance to make it big in the entertainment world. They just need to put her in a show that they want to get canceled. She will come on and do her Eboni thing. The ratings will plummet and the show will get canceled.

I really hope she is on Chicago Med next.

Edited by Joe Bacigaloop
  • Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3

So my son's best friend just called him to say he (the friend) was going to be on a mock panel for the current Miss North Carolina to prep for questions for the Miss USA contest, this friend tells my son that there is also an African American woman on the panel who was on the Real Housewives of NY...if you guessed Eboni K. Williams you would be right!!! This will be a zoom session so no in person meeting, rats. Miss North Carolina is a composer and the friend is an orchestra conductor and worked with Miss. NC so he was honored to help her succeed but this guy has no idea who EKW is, I sort of want dirt but I sort of want EKW to be helpful and awesome.

My son also told me of a connection to Mia of Potomac/The Joint and says I know this person but will not tell who it is!!! I ran out of guesses.

• Love 6
On 9/30/2022 at 10:40 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

So my son's best friend just called him to say he (the friend) was going to be on a mock panel for the current Miss North Carolina to prep for questions for the Miss USA contest, this friend tells my son that there is also an African American woman on the panel who was on the Real Housewives of NY...if you guessed Eboni K. Williams you would be right!!! This will be a zoom session so no in person meeting, rats. Miss North Carolina is a composer and the friend is an orchestra conductor and worked with Miss. NC so he was honored to help her succeed but this guy has no idea who EKW is, I sort of want dirt but I sort of want EKW to be helpful and awesome.

My son also told me of a connection to Mia of Potomac/The Joint and says I know this person but will not tell who it is!!! I ran out of guesses.

Did you tell your son’s friend to tread on eggshells around her?

• LOL 4
On 5/30/2023 at 10:48 AM, ButterQueen said:

I was watching a new show on the ID channel about murders in NYC.  The commentator got on my nerves.  Imagine my surprise when I realized that it was Eboni.  Ugh.

So a show about killers hires a show killer🤔

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

I see that after the “Hot Bench” episodes, Eboni Williams has herself a new show she is starring in as sitting judge in another one of those court shows like judge Judy. It’s called Equal Justice and she looks like she is loving being in a position of Authority. 

• Like 4
On 9/15/2023 at 12:52 PM, SassyCat said:

I see that after the “Hot Bench” episodes, Eboni Williams has herself a new show she is starring in as sitting judge in another one of those court shows like judge Judy. It’s called Equal Justice and she looks like she is loving being in a position of Authority. 

Oh good.  Maybe she can “school” the ignorant masses on her imaginary bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
On 9/15/2023 at 12:52 PM, SassyCat said:

Okay, I was curious so I watch’s the first 10 minutes for her first show. I can’t even remember what it was about, but maybe a rent dispute (don’t care enough to go back and check). The none white person started talking about how hard it is being a black woman and Eboni was all alert. I turned it off at that point.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Okay, I was curious so I watch’s the first 10 minutes for her first show. I can’t even remember what it was about, but maybe a rent dispute (don’t care enough to go back and check). The none white person started talking about how hard it is being a black woman and Eboni was all alert. I turned it off at that point.

I had to do a search for it. They've buried it in the channels nobody watches. Even worse, it's on at 5am. 😂

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
18 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I had to do a search for it. They've buried it in the channels nobody watches. Even worse, it's on at 5am. 😂

I use one of those analog tv antennas in addition to my router wifi tv to get channels I don’t get through my wifi offerings and to pick up local stations here in my area in the northeast. I get quite a lot of channels using simple rabbit ears, and I would get a lot more if my town wasn’t in a valley. Eboni’s Equal Justice show comes on at 1pm, which used to be Rachael Rayes time slot. Its on the “MyTv” channel Number 59.1  WCTX in my area.

• Like 2