Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, chlban said:

She also discussed how she filed BK and stiffed people she owed money to. Not due to Jon loss or a medical crises, which should be why bankruptcy laws exist, but because she wanted to pursue being a celebrity. Not what I consider trustworthy.

And she obviously didn't watch BH where Garcelle made it clear that its racist to mention not paying bills around black women because historically black women don't pay their bills... or some shit. Or maybe it's ok for Eboni to mention not paying bills but not ok for others. These shows are so confusing anymore with all these secret words people can and cannot use.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for how Eboni calmly explained herself after the fact as it opens a dialogue where both sides can understand each other. I'm not for Bravo bringing on black women to run around screaming racist at their coworkers for innocent statements made in their presence. Eboni knew Lu wasnt being a certain way, she knew it had nothing to do with the color of her skin, but she still chose to leave the room and lie about what happened to another person. THAT is wrong and says more about Eboni than it does Lu.

• Love 15

The problem isn't Ebony mentioning her history of of paying or not paying, it's about other people applying that as a stereotype to all Black people, which is the point Garcelle was making to Kyle. The secret words are neither confusing nor all that secret, to be honest. Google is a good starting point to find out. Otherwise if POC like Eboni are pointing out what is offensive, listening to them is a good start. I don't think Bravo brought on black women to run around screaming racist at their coworkers for innocent statements made in their presence, since if the coworkers themselves weren't doing or saying offensive and racist things, nobody would be screaming anything. Eboni knew that Luann was acting a certain way. She never lied about what Luann said because Luann actually said it. No lying on Eboni's part. As or Luann's intent, I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt, but...

1253595.jpg

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Eboni knew that Luann was acting a certain way. She never lied about what Luann said because Luann actually said it.

No, she actually didn't. I'm sure plenty of repeats will be on this week for us all to catch it again. 

• Love 9

Luann asked why she was so angry. She did not call her an angry black woman as Eboni lied when she described the fight to Leah. 

Eboni is taking every opportunity to take offense and start a fight. She is essentially a very rude, entitled and arrogant person. Witness the fact she would not eat dinner with the group and insulted Ramona by ordering take out because she wouldn’t eat her food.

I would have thrown her out of my house for that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

“No, she actually didn't. I'm sure plenty of repeats will be on this week for us all to catch it again.”

Caught it the first time, no need for me to catch it again to know what Lu said, and how Eboni wasn’t lying about what she said. 

• Love 4

I haven’t seen a news source report on this yet, but eagle-eyed viewers on Reddit and Instagram are documenting some of Heather’s “problematic” (by which I mean, racist) comments and likes on Instagram post-episode and they’re… something. 

Heather has removed her woke mask to show she is, in fact, a Karen (I can’t stand Leah and hate to say she was right, but broken clock twice a day and all). Heather seems to be really upset that Eboni (rightfully) called out her pandering and didn’t give her a “best white ally” medal for knowing Diddy and Beyoncé.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/9/2021 at 3:51 PM, Hiyo said:

“Eboni screamed at Leah that Lu called her "an angry black woman". Leah reacted in horror, as I'd expect any one would if Lu had done that. Except Lu did not do that. Eboni perceived it that way, but that is not what was said, nor was that Lu's intent when she said it.”

Lu

did just that. Using all 3 words - angry Black woman - isn’t necessary when you can just call her angry. It still gets the same point across. Plus using the word “Black” would be a bit redundant since that Eboni is Black. 

Maybe if Luanne doesn’t want to be a called out as being a racist, she shouldn’t be doing or saying things that could be perceived as racist. Also, considering how social media attracts it’s fair share of racist trolls, I don’t begrudge Eboni for taking some time off.

So far Eboni seems fair and rational. I don’t see her as exaggerating things much, if at all. I’m not saying she is perfect, but I do think she is a good addition to the show, and I won’t be deleting this from my list of shows to watch because of her (Leah, on the other hand...).

Because we see she is black we doN t have to insert it into anything, we should automatically assume that race is entering g into it?  I disagree. Inserting the word black would totally change the intent

Edited by MsMalin
.?
  • Love 5

Usually with comments like that you don’t need to say the word Black. The intent is still the same. Much as when Heather used the word articulate. She didn’t need to say “You’re articulate for a Black person”, just articulate on its own is enough. Just as Lu didn’t need to say Black. Just saying angry was enough.

• Love 7

Hopefully Eboni can seize on other words to be offended at and storm off in a huff.

I suggest personal pronouns so Leah and Eboni can both get in on the outrage kabuki theater.

You can never get too woke.

• Love 8
On 6/10/2021 at 10:52 AM, Feech said:

She is essentially a very rude, entitled and arrogant person. Witness the fact she would not eat dinner with the group and insulted Ramona by ordering take out because she wouldn’t eat her food.

I would have thrown her out of my house for that.

She said she wanted “comfort” food, not that she didn’t want Ramona’s food. And she told Ramona in a way that Ramona didn’t seem to have a problem with. 

I don’t see rude and arrogant at all—I see mature, upfront, open, and not afraid to speak up/have tough conversations. 

• Love 10

It is totally rude to order take out when you are at someone’s home and they are cooking for you. Who does that?

A rude and arrogant person that’s who.

But I guess we have to let it go because she was trigged by mozzarella balls or some such nonsense. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

“Hopefully Eboni can seize on other words to be offended at and storm off in a huff.”

Only those with racist and bigoted implications, I imagine.

“I don’t see rude and arrogant at all—I see mature, upfront, open, and not afraid to speak up/have tough conversations.”

Same here. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Folks, 

Let's remember to check if you've already sufficiently beaten the horse before continuing to post.  If you have, don't post about it again. Thanks!

To clarify, if the topic has been covered and covered and covered again or you keep posting about the same thing, it is time to let it go.  You have made your point.  People may or may not agree with you.  Making the same point again will not change their minds.

Questions?  PM @PrincessPurrsALot.  We do not comment on moderator actions in the forums. 

• Love 6

It appears that Heather is fighting back after being trashed by Eboni. From the website Screen Rant:

“One viewer who was in support of Heather took to her comments to blast Eboni. “Eboni needs to go. She doesn’t fit in and she’s a race baiter,” the person wrote, as captured by Queens of Bravo. But instead of ignoring the negative remark, Heather decided to respond in agreeance. “I have to agree with you,” Heather replied. “Hers is not a class I want to take.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Sounds like Heather and random viewer believe that ignorance truly is bliss.

Also Heather needs to check if sour grapes are still in season or not.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I agree. 

She is guilty of bovine supremacy.

She thinks she can just stand around and chew the cud and fart out methane to increase global warming.

Its just trigggering.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/11/2021 at 11:09 AM, MsMalin said:

Because we see she is black we doN t have to insert it into anything, we should automatically assume that race is entering g into it?  I disagree. Inserting the word black would totally change the intent

I'm about Luanne's age, and I'm white. In a million years, I would never have known that "angry" was a trigger word for black women. Probably because I don't know many black women or read about racial issues as much as I should.

I have to give Luanne a pass only because how in the world would one know they committed a crime if they didn't know the act was criminal in the first place? I also give Eboni a pass for getting upset. If it's a trigger word based on experience and stereotypes, she has every right.

In the end, what we had, IMO, was Luanne not knowing that what she was saying was offensive, and Eboni not understanding that Luanne didn't know this.  Communication and listening. Nothing more, nothing less. In the end, I *think/hope* they managed to work through things in a way that made both understand the position of the other.  I was actually impressed by all of them. They did a great thing sitting around a room talking it out. So far, Eboni and the RHONY OG's are doing a reasonably good job of working through issues - unlike RHOD and RHBH (thus far).

On a personal note, I had a few take-aways from the last episode or two:

• how important words are; even seemingly benign words can have drastic implications depending on understanding and context. Communication, which involves the acts of listening and understanding, are key;
  • Sonja saying that it's white people's turn to listen and try to understand; and
  • Eboni saying she should be allowed to feel offended if she perceives a racial slight based on stereotypes and/or experience - even if that wasn't someone's intent 

The latter two I'd never really thought about as deeply as I wish I would have prior to the show. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

I would love for Eboni to plan an event for all the women to do something she finds fun. Not something, necessarily, cultural or educational, but FUN. I realize that Covid has made this, more or less, impossible. Maybe (if she's still around) next season?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I would love for Eboni to plan an event for all the women to do something she finds fun. Not something, necessarily, cultural or educational, but FUN. I realize that Covid has made this, more or less, impossible. Maybe (if she's still around) next season?

That would be nice.  But LIFE 👏🏼ISN’T 👏🏼A 👏🏼CABARET👏🏼

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

I believe her election party was to have fun. Imagine that. 

Didn’t seem that way. 

It seemed awkward and gross as the dogs licked the food.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 6/10/2021 at 9:04 PM, Feech said:

Heather just thinks the alligators will eat her last.

Yeah, don't they all?

On 6/16/2021 at 9:38 PM, chewycandy said:

I believe her election party was to have fun. Imagine that. 

I didn't feel "fun".

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Lol please she thought she could make a difference at FOX?  Fox isn’t even technically a news station. She wanted the money. I’m sure she knew of the toxicity there. How could someone not.

I woukd maybe like her more if she wasn’t in this annoying forced friendship with Leah. Leah is fake woke and is ruining the show. Eboni should call out Leahs bs.

• Love 7

I think Eboni might end up with a self fulfilling prophecy.  If she lectures everyone, acts offended by everything, and doesn't relax...people will more likely not want to be around her.

And she seems to have her own views of white women...maybe she should maybe focus some of those lectures onto herself?

With that said, she does seem like she would be fun to hang out with during moments where she just is being herself.  Can't say the same about Leah

• Love 11
(edited)

I’m watching on demand, so am not completely caught up.  I think Eboni was wrong to make th3 comment about being “the most educated.”  I think that was the specific term.  She has the most education, but  degrees aren’t the only sign someone is “well educated.”

I agree with others who explained a bit about being a junior associate.  She may well have become a public defender so she would get more courtroom experience (many lawyers become prosecutors or public defenders for that reason).. My only quibble is that I don’t know how she could have practiced in CA, she doesn’t appear to be a member of the CA bar.

I really loved the way she responded to Heather’s comment that she “understood” the Black community because she worked with Puffy and Beyoncé!

the worst thing I will say about her is that, had she really googled all the rest of the housewives- I cannot understand how she thinks Sonja is a good person.

Edited by Mrs peel
Typos, always typos!
  • Love 5

In a recent post on “Reality Tea” Eboni Williams was quoted as follows:

“Eboni also commented on the perception that she brings up the topic of race too much. She stated, “Not my problem! And this is what I mean by it: this is my work. This is my life’s work!” She isn’t sure if she will be part of RHONY next season. “But as long as I hold the apple, I’m going to use the platform according to my discretion,” Eboni explained. “And my discretion is that they were allowed to have an all-white, pretty ridiculous f***ing show for 12 years, that I enjoyed, too!””

Also:

“And she wasn’t going to ignore discussing race even if it made her RHONY co-stars uneasy. “Frankly, I was not going to tiptoe around these women when it came to any of it,” the attorney said. “I’m not playing with y’all… Their comfort is just not my concern.””

It is pretty clear that she is here with an agenda which is basically to destroy the show.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Feech said:

Eboni also commented on the perception that she brings up the topic of race too much. She stated, “Not my problem! And this is what I mean by it: this is my work. This is my life’s work!” She isn’t sure if she will be part of RHONY next season. “But as long as I hold the apple, I’m going to use the platform according to my discretion,” Eboni explained. “And my discretion is that they were allowed to have an all-white, pretty ridiculous f***ing show for 12 years, that I enjoyed, too!””

That’s revealing. I find it interesting she refers to a reality TV show as a platform. 
I’m all for a racially diverse cast and it is way past due. I also liked watching a pretty ridiculous f%#$  show for 12 years. I would like to have at a minimum 25% of each episode this season be ridiculous.

It is possible to be serious at some times and ridiculous at other times. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Feech said:

“And she wasn’t going to ignore discussing race even if it made her RHONY co-stars uneasy. “Frankly, I was not going to tiptoe around these women when it came to any of it,” the attorney said. “I’m not playing with y’all… Their comfort is just not my concern.””

It is pretty clear that she is here with an agenda which is basically to destroy the show.

Define destroy. She’s simply speaking up. Not fading into the woodwork. Does that equal destruction? 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Define destroy. She’s simply speaking up. Not fading into the woodwork. Does that equal destruction? 

She wants to change the character of the show. She said that they were “allowed to have an all white ridiculous show.” Which she was going to change by lecturing and haranguing these “white woman” because she doesn’t care what they (and by extension the audience) thinks because this is her life’s work.

In her own words she doesn’t care what they or we think and she will pursue her own agenda of grievance and recriminations.

I submit that is not why we watch the Real Housewives of New York.

• Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, Feech said:

Is she admitting to a double standard? Every time something triggers her they have to have a discussion about it, but she doesn't care about their discomfort? That's kind of a bitchy attitude, imo.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, Feech said:

Which she was going to change by lecturing and haranguing these “white woman” because she doesn’t care what they (and by extension the audience) thinks because this is her life’s work.

I think lecturing and haranguing each other was always part of this show. Suddenly it’s different because it relates to racial issues?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

I think lecturing and haranguing each other was always part of this show. Suddenly it’s different because it relates to racial issues?

Yes because it is dangerous and pernicious. It is meant to divide us and provide a job for race baiters.

These shows are designed to be light weight entertainment not “Meet the Press.”

It’s supposed to be “Meet My Creepy Boyfriend who Presses Celebrities Dry Cleaning.”

It would no less wrong and pernicious for this show if someone came on lecturing about the Holocaust and the Anti-semitism or about the Armenian genocide. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

No wonder she and Leah get along...both of them are tone deaf.

And I find it interesting she can say 'white Fragility'...but don't even say she's angry (even if she is angry).  She needs to practice what she preaches..

Her ex fiance dodged a bullet.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

These women are not racist white supremacists. They live in their small world that only involves people who are just like them.  No different than Eboni and her group of friends.  No different than many people.  
So Eboni is reaching.  When Luann called her angry, Eboni added the word Black.   Turning benign statements into racist comments.  
And Leah discussing with Eboni about how much “these women” have to learn.   Oh please.  

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

These women are not racist white supremacists. They live in their small world that only involves people who are just like them.  No different than Eboni and her group of friends.  No different than many people.  
So Eboni is reaching.  When Luann called her angry, Eboni added the word Black.   Turning benign statements into racist comments.  
And Leah discussing with Eboni about how much “these women” have to learn.   Oh please.  

100% agree with you.

It is the "reaching" that devalues any real sentiments.

• Love 8
(edited)
21 hours ago, Bluesky said:

I'm with ya on most of this, but I feel Eboni is right about how much "these women" have to learn. Having said that, it works both ways, and both sides need to cut each other a little slack and learn about the perspectives of the other.

I'm reserving final judgment on Eboni until the end.  There are times I think she is far too preachy like the OG’s said, and I too would like to know more about Eboni as a person, not just as a black person.  I appreciated Bershawn this episode because we saw "her" (and she seemed great).

And, I really, REALLY do not like how she calls people baby, darling, etc. It is demeaning, and I feel it's a subconscious way of putting herself in a position of power.  And, she is a know-it-all much like Heather. I didn't like it in Heather, and I don't like it in Eboni, although Eboni is still more palatable than Heather to me.

On the flip side, there is a big part of me that appreciates Eboni's bluntness and persistance.  Who am I to say, but she seems to have the anger and "I'm not going to take it anymore" mentality that is shared by many minorities – and not just blacks. I'm not sure I'm saying this right, but I feel she gives a loud and representative voice to a LARGE segment of our population, which I feel we desperately need.  Like it or not, it's not all peaches and cream out there, and it's time to put the cards on the table.  Like Sonja said, it's uncomfortable, but we have to read, digest, and try to understand the page before we can turn it. Eboni is giving us the page.

I am in total agreement that she reaches on occasion and jumps to inaccurate conclusions about the OG’s sometimes, but I can't blame her.

I'm a white middle-aged white woman, but I can say with certainty that it would only take one instance of me, a loved one, or anyone of my skin tone in ear shot for that matter, being called a racial slur, and I'd be right there with her. I may not like or agree with Eboni's assumptions, but I don’t blame her for making them one bit.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6