Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 General Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Watching the first season marathon today. I got totally sucked in. I cannot believe how awful these people are. And Capt Lee is a totally different person (sort of). Actually he is the same no nonsense person. It’s just that the crew does not seem to know or understand his power. They needed to be sent home immediately. 

I watched it and it was glorious.  I forgot that season 1 was the season we saw, sparingly, the real crew.

3 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I'd love to see Kat come back.  If she doesn't want to do this one, she could easily be second stew on BDM.

She’s such a horrible human being season 1 to Adrienne and season 2 to Amy I am glad she has not returned.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I just tuned into this show on a streaming platform.  

What I first thought was just going to be eye candy for 45 or so minutes, eventually turned into sexual harassment/assault and just general snobbery left/right/center. 

I think it was Season 1 episode 4 or 5, one of the 'guest' wives blurted out that her husband made some sexual harassing comments towards the women.   That the 3 women employees all had nice tits - this was said directly in the presence of one if not two of the women. 

Let's get this guest's name - call him out on it.    He should have been charged.  To this day, he should still be reprimanded. Hanging out on a yaht, tipping etc. bares no right to blurt out such sexually harassing comments.   I don't care if he was hammered - which he likely was - nothing was done about it which is shameful. 

• Love 1

OMG! I would SO SO smack the ever lovin shit out of Kat AND Sam. I’m watching a rebroadcast of the Season 1 and these girls are SO infuriating. Why Lee would EVER tolerate these CHILDREN is beyond me. LOL! Just HAD to say it bc it’s bugging me to death right now. LOL!

• Love 3

Rewatching Season 1 today.

Notice that these POS disrespectful crew have all been booted from the show......but Capt. Lee is still there.  

And I forgot what a walking turd CJ was.  

Edited by Carolina Girl
Aleks is not CJ
  • Love 1
On 8/31/2020 at 12:55 PM, Carolina Girl said:

Rewatching Season 1 today.

Notice that these POS disrespectful crew have all been booted from the show......but Capt. Lee is still there.  

And I forgot what a walking turd CJ was.  

Watching season 1 for the first time. What a crappy crew. CJ is gross, Aleks is a dullard, Sam needs to have that petulant smirk smacked off her face, Adrienne’s friends are revolting, and to hell with Adrienne for making excuses for their sexual harassment (she made excuses for Ashton too). Ugh.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 2

Season 1 is on Bravo today - yeah, I'd also forgotten how bad Sam and CJ were.  Wow, Kat was a mess.

I also keep thinking their shirts that say "Honor" say "Honda", which is the same thing I did the first time I saw it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Re-watching Season 1 (again) and WOW the crew are so rude to Captain Lee!  He is being his usual self after they f-up the fire drill.  But none of them have any respect for him, it is so weird to see.  Alex is talking shit in his talking head, CJ hates him, Sam is rude to him to his face.  Actually Adrienne is even rude to him to his face.

5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Re-watching Season 1 (again) and WOW the crew are so rude to Captain Lee!  He is being his usual self after they f-up the fire drill.  But none of them have any respect for him, it is so weird to see.  Alex is talking shit in his talking head, CJ hates him, Sam is rude to him to his face.  Actually Adrienne is even rude to him to his face.

I want to watch S1 again. Seems so long ago! At that point, Captain Lee had just been hired because the producers had to have a real, licensed captain on board so they had hired Captain Lee. I think the story is that they had another man cast to "play" the captain, and that guy didn't work out, and Captain Lee told them that a boat could not have two captains so they offered him the job/role. He hadn't gained the reputation and respect he has now among even the most inexperienced new crew members, basically now everyone has heard about him and that backtalk will get them a ticket home in a heartbeat! I guess in that first season he was playing along and couldn't crack down as he would have in real life. 

I'd love to see an interview with him now about that first season, especially the "backstage" stories. Of course he wrote a bit about it in his book but an interview would dig deeper. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 3/2/2021 at 3:28 PM, RedHawk said:

Of course he wrote a bit about it in his book but an interview would dig deeper. 

Thanks for that info. I didn't know Capt. Lee had written a book. I hope it's in one of my local public libraries. I like and respect Lee Rosbach!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1

I rewatched a couple of episodes, and while I remembered that I liked Ben, David, Eddie, and Captain Lee from the first season, I had forgotten what a mess the rest of the crew was. How the hell did anything get done in the interior with that much dysfunction? How did CJ not burn the yacht down to the waterline?

I've read Aleks was originally intended to be the captain that first season, but it didn't work out and Captain Lee was called in by the boat's owner. Which I suppose would explain why he bristled at more or less every order and criticism—he thought he would be running the show.

• Love 2

I never did see the first season, but did catch at least parts of it during the recent marathon. All I can say is what a dick Cat was, I was shocked at how intentionally insubordinately she spoke to her first stew

• Love 3
On 1/3/2022 at 11:58 PM, Bruinsfan said:

I've read Aleks was originally intended to be the captain that first season, but it didn't work out and Captain Lee was called in by the boat's owner. Which I suppose would explain why he bristled at more or less every order and criticism—he thought he would be running the show.

I did a recent rewatch of season 1 up to late season 2, and I gotta say, this show would have been dead in the water with Aleks as the captain. He's just too young and doesn't have the gravitas/authority needed. Maybe he could work now, but it doesn't seem like he parted with Bravo on good terms. 

As always when I watch season 1, I'm increasingly skeeved out by CJ. Why do I feel like he probably still goes to bars and tries to hit on 22-year old girls?

• Like 2