Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Illusions

• Start Topic

As Pride directs the team to link Sasha to the recent attacks in New Orleans, he must help Connor come to terms with who his mother really is. Also, Carter and Tammy search for a stolen highly trained military dog, and Pride and Rita make an important decision about their wedding.

Out of pure curiosity, but was this episode and the next one or two (?) filmed AFTER the show was cancelled? I should know, and I remember the announcement of this show’s cancellation being made, but because of COVID I didn’t know where filming stood. 

I tend to flip back and forth between this and The Rookie but lately I've just been reading recaps for this.  I don't know who decided that people were interested in more Sasha and this idiot Connor as Pride's son.  I like Scott Bakula but the focus on all of his character's personal drama has been too much and especially now with the show ending.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

I tend to flip back and forth between this and The Rookie but lately I've just been reading recaps for this.  I don't know who decided that people were interested in more Sasha and this idiot Connor as Pride's son.  I like Scott Bakula but the focus on all of his character's personal drama has been too much and especially now with the show ending.

It’s been too much for years.  Bakula seems like a scene hog, he wants to be the focus of the series but his character is terrible in my opinion.  I have a hard time rooting for him.  I felt the same way about Jason Beghe on Chicago PD which is why I stop watching that show.  I want my show stars to be good guys, not alright guys with questionable morals and tactics. 

• Love 2

This show is going out with a whimper. I started watching because I liked all of the different characters, cases, and the scenery of New Orleans. Over the last few seasons it's become the Dwayne Pride Show for me and I'm not a fan. Scott Bakula may be the nicest guy ever but I have never liked Pride all that much and I certainly don't want to watch episodes where it's 85% Pride's story and 15% everyone else. Hell, I'd even take more Hanah and Carter at this point. I'm glad it's ending at this point. 

• Love 5

There is so little to say about the episodes lately. Mostly, I get annoyed with stuff but content/story wise, there isn't much there.

Anyway, can someone please tell Pride that it's okay if he does not feel fatherly to a kid he didn't know about for 17 years and that he can need some time to process the fact that he has a child with a crime boss? And please, can he start to push back when people blame him for Sasha's prison time and stop letting people dump on him? He did not tell her to commit any crimes. It's not his fault in any way.

Connor must be the only 17-year-old who does not know how to use the internet and google his mom/family and/or access public records. I'm sure he'd have found some interesting stuff to read if only he'd known how to do that and wouldn't have been dependent on a third party to tell him what happened. 

I think it's nice that Pride is going to get these moments with his mother. That said, he didn't know what was going on when he told her to give the jewelry to Rita herself and he couldn't have known that she would remember the next time she saw Rita. So, he risked Rita not getting it. Did he not want Rita to have it? Why not take it just in case? He could have given it back to his mother and told her he decided it was better if she gave it to Rita once he knew what was going on.

• Love 1

This kid Connor is a BRAT at 17 years old.  I wanted someone to tell him to shut up and listen.  

And WHY is this kid blaming Pride for not being there for him while he was growing up when his mother never told Pride he existed?  I hate that kind of storyline.  

• Love 3