Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
thewhiteowl

S18.E14: Unseen Improvements

Recommended Posts

NCIS tracks a stolen laptop to the uncle of a young boy, Phineas, Gibbs’ former neighbor.

Share this post


Link to post

I wondered if Phineas would ever show up again.  And now I know.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Is Phineas the one that had some of us wondering if Gibbs would adopt that kid or a dog?

Share this post


Link to post

Noooo!!!!!!!!! No more Lucy!!!!! Gibbs, ya shoulda let Phineas get his own dog, man!

Was Phineas this annoying during his story arc from...two seasons ago? With those nosy annoying questions?

Ducky!!!!

That's all I got.

Oh, one more. Mark Harmon still has a GORGEOUS smile.

What?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

2 things:

1) What is "the talk" (between Bishop and Torres, and referred to by  the rest of the team, and that e was rammed down our throats) supposed to be about, and were B& T goofing on the whole idea, because ???   { Or are we supposed to guess that they are already "together??}

2) Were the comments by Kasie  regarding Bishop's "knowing how much pressure is required to crush a trachea, and how much  more pressure is required to rip it out", and Jimmy (?) asking "how does she know that", supposed to remind us that Bishop is still secretly training with Odette (?)  to become "Ziva 2"?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

This was a better episode than most this season.  I actually liked the kid (who also has a very nice smile), but I'm unhappy that Lucy is going to him and not staying with Gibbs.  Maybe this means that Gibbs will be either sailing away on the boat or be back in action again, leaving little time for a pet.   

And the bad guy - yeesh.  Instead of just contacting the kid's guardians and telling them about his son needing a bone marrow donor, the guy has to hire henchmen, almost kill this nice couple and try and kidnap the kid.   Talk about over kill.  I guess as the doctor said, the dude was just a bad guy all the way around. 

And while I wouldn't mind Bishop and Torres together (as what is any NCIS show without 2 of the team in a relationship), this whole "talk" thing just got annoying.   It's like what is this, jr high school?  At this point, let them #$@% and get it over with already! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

The scene of Gibbs sharing the hot dog with Lucy reminded me of a scene in Summer School, starring Mark Harmon, where he and his dog were on the beach sharing a jar of peanut butter🙂

I enjoyed this episode, and Phineas is quite likeable even if he does ask a lot of questions. I thought it was good that Gibbs gave Lucy to Phineas.

I think perhaps Kasie has clued in to Bishop becoming the new Ziva.

McGee did a great job as team leader, glad that Jimmy told him so.

I could really do without the Bishop/Torres relationship.

Were we supposed to take from all those comments that Gibbs and Jack really were an item?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

This episode was fine, and would have been better w/o the Bishop-Torres "the talk" marathon.  Seriously, as someone upthread said, this is like junior high.  The writers need to drop all of those lines from future episodes and fill the time with more interesting things.

Guess Gibbs has been busy adding things to his house for potential home invaders.  Good idea about the small hiding place behind the closet.  I do wish he had answered Phineas's question about how he planned to get the boat out of the basement.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Trey said:

The scene of Gibbs sharing the hot dog with Lucy reminded me of a scene in Summer School, starring Mark Harmon, where he and his dog were on the beach sharing a jar of peanut butter🙂

Mark Harmon loves his doggies. He had one in that short-lived series with Marlee Matlin, Reasonable Doubts. He had a Golden Retriever in that one.

I got the warm fuzzies when Lucy was licking Phineas's face.

23 minutes ago, laredhead said:

I do wish he had answered Phineas's question about how he planned to get the boat out of the basement.   

Will never happen. It's an ongoing gag for this show. We never saw, nor were told how he got Kelly (the boat he gave to Mike) out of the basement. There's probably a sekrit elevator or some such!🤣

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Mark Harmon loves his doggies. He had one in that short-lived series with Marlee Matlin, Reasonable Doubts. He had a Golden Retriever in that one.

I got the warm fuzzies when Lucy was licking Phineas's face.

Will never happen. It's an ongoing gag for this show. We never saw, nor were told how he got Kelly (the boat he gave to Mike) out of the basement. There's probably a sekrit elevator or some such!🤣

I am theorizing that there is a hidden garage door behind some tools/shelving. After seeing the secret compartments that he has made, this makes sense.  Also we will find out in then very last episode of the series, I think. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Aliconehead said:

I am theorizing that there is a hidden garage door behind some tools/shelving. After seeing the secret compartments that he has made, this makes sense.  Also we will find out in then very last episode of the series, I think. 

Unless the show runners get all passive aggressive. I don't put anything past those bastards. At least Bellesario was a bastard I knew.

I suspect Gibbs put in that panic room behind the closet after his home had been invaded so many times. I thought it was hilarious that Hassan couldn't tell where Lucy was growling from.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So what's going on with Gibbs?  Is he leaving the show?  My son thinks the show is trying to get us used to life with Gibbs and that he's going to leave.

I personally think he's the main part of the show and I don't like the show without him running the team.

As far as Torres and Bishop I am against it.  I hate that they always need to have a romance on these shows.  I'm not a fan of Bishop since day 1 anyway.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

32 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

So what's going on with Gibbs?  Is he leaving the show?  My son thinks the show is trying to get us used to life with Gibbs and that he's going to leave.

I personally think he's the main part of the show and I don't like the show without him running the team.

As far as Torres and Bishop I am against it.  I hate that they always need to have a romance on these shows.  I'm not a fan of Bishop since day 1 anyway.

I think by the time they filmed the episodes for this season, Harmon planned to leave, but last minute negotiations convinced him to return, but on a limited basis. So while it seems Gibbs won't return, I bet the premiere will have the higher ups decide to lift the indefinite suspension.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, laredhead said:

This episode was fine, and would have been better w/o the Bishop-Torres "the talk" marathon.  Seriously, as someone upthread said, this is like junior high.  The writers need to drop all of those lines from future episodes and fill the time with more interesting things.

Guess Gibbs has been busy adding things to his house for potential home invaders.  Good idea about the small hiding place behind the closet.  I do wish he had answered Phineas's question about how he planned to get the boat out of the basement.   

Even the bad guy henchmen was like "how will he get it out!" 😂

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

  And the bad guy - yeesh.  Instead of just contacting the kid's guardians and telling them about his son needing a bone marrow donor, the guy has to hire henchmen, almost kill this nice couple and try and kidnap the kid.   Talk about over kill.  I guess as the doctor said, the dude was just a bad guy all the way around. ! 

Phineas could have been tested for HLA compatibility in the US while his cousin was still in Libya. If he wasn't a good match, then the cousin wouldn't have needed to be dragged across the world for a transplant that might not be able to happen. Incidentally, a cousin isn't going to be a better match than any other stranger with the same ethnicity. The odds of finding a stranger who is a perfect match are one in 20,000. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

And the bad guy - yeesh.  Instead of just contacting the kid's guardians and telling them about his son needing a bone marrow donor, the guy has to hire henchmen, almost kill this nice couple and try and kidnap the kid.   Talk about over kill.  I guess as the doctor said, the dude was just a bad guy all the way around. 

Since they killed a Navy Captain to get the location of where the guardians lived, plus there probably wasn't going to be a state of the art medical facility to go to where they could extract the bone marrow cells, the bad guys probably figured out the answer was going to be a hard no on that one.

Share this post


Link to post

I really didn't care for this episode. What really annoyed me was this "talk" that everyone kept asking Bishop and Torres, like if we should know what it is. I don't care for Bishop. She's too mousy and annoying! The show is trying to capture the Tony and Ziva's "lightning in a bottle romance" with B&T. The truth is, no other couple can compare to Tony and Ziva.

Can we replace Kasie already?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I like Gibbs at his best when they let him be paternal, and his relationship with Phineas is a highlight.  I'm cautiously optimistic that giving the kid the dog means that Gibbs will return to NCIS proper.  Though, I think that puts McGee in the same difficult situation that DiNozzo was in after season 4, namely once a character has proven that they can lead a team for a significant amount of time, the show has to give us more and more contrived reasons why they're willing to stay second banana rather than actually advance professionally.

I really have no interest in the Bishop-Torres romance, to be honest.  They're cute and they seem to like each other, but I get annoyed when the romantic elements start overtaking the rest of the story.

Edited by squidprincess
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, squidprincess said:

why they're willing to stay second banana

Will Riker asks that you hold his syn-ale after it comes out of the replicator.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Yet another stupid episode. What was the point of any of it? Phineus' uncle wouldn't have been that stupid. NCIS writers need to stay away from any sort of romance because they're terrible at writing that. Then again, I suppose they're not any more terrible at writing romance than they are at writing believable, entertaining crime/spy procedurals.  I'm soooo bored with Gibbs and McGee. Nick has been less of a complete jerk over the past few episodes. Bishop deserves better, both from the writers and Nick. I like Kasie and Jimmy all right, but I'm so sick of this idea that they are the only people who work at NCIS in forensics and computers. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/13/2021 at 3:02 PM, enoughcats said:

Will Riker asks that you hold his syn-ale after it comes out of the replicator.

Will Riker was a second banana for seven years.  Between them, Anthony DiNozzo and Tim McGee have totalled almost eighteen years!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I read that fans of the show are wondering if Bishop is leaving NCIS. She was looking at locations on the other side of the world. 

Here's hoping the rumors come true!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/13/2021 at 10:08 AM, squidprincess said:

I really have no interest in the Bishop-Torres romance, to be honest.  They're cute and they seem to like each other, but I get annoyed when the romantic elements start overtaking the rest of the story.

this.  I fail to see why there has to be a romance at all.  I hated the idiot attempt at pairing DiNozzo and the unpleasant, scenery stealing Ziva.  It was a crappy supposed pairing and loaded with abuse, there was no "lightning in a bottle" for me there at all.  I've avoided watching any of the episodes where they brought Ziva back for manufactured reasons; she'll stay dead for me.

I knew as soon as I saw that kid petting the dog that he would end up with her.  Too bad, I liked Gibbs with Lucy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Wouldn't a dog who has been trained to fight be too dangerous for a kid?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size