Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
jewel21

S01.E11: Freedom

Recommended Posts

Quote

Walker and Geri are both unsure of their feelings for each other after their kiss and things get very complicated when Hoyt comes home from prison. However, the welcome home party is interrupted when Micki and Walker get word that Clint West is on the run.

Airdate: 05/13/2021

Share this post


Link to post

So, you're hiding from your dad and you think the best place to hide is where all his passports and stuff are?  Makes sense.

Didn't walker fake his death for a reason?  I guess it didn't matter because Clint knew who he really was.

Maybe the person who hasn't been shot should drive home.

trey wasn't supposed to drive which is why he had Bella drive him home, but didn't he drive to get there which is how is truck got not home?

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Katy M said:

trey wasn't supposed to drive which is why he had Bella drive him home, but didn't he drive to get there which is how is truck got not home?

Micky drove them there. And I assume that the plan was for her to also drive him back home, but that plan got derailed when Clint escaped and Micky had to go after him with Cordell.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, paulvdb said:

Micky drove them there. And I assume that the plan was for her to also drive him back home, but that plan got derailed when Clint escaped and Micky had to go after him with Cordell.

But didn't she ask where his truck was because she didn't see it?  And if she drove him there, how would driving himself home even have been an option?  I clearly missed something.

Share this post


Link to post

Stella continues to be an idiot.

I knew the minute Trevor pulled that bag out of the chimney that that was where his father would head. Trevor is an idiot as well for not realizing this. 

Walker and Geri together is not a thing I want to see happen. I hope that they're able to clear this up with Hoyt. If Geri doesn't want to be with Hoyt, fine, but please, show, don't put her with Walker.    

In regards to the scene with Liam and the reporter: Hoyt, I realize that you have an ... exuberant ... personality but, dude, read the room and shut up.  

Edited by wlk68
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

So much had me shaking my head last night. 

 

So Walker and family weren't going to Stella's STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME? Just dumb. 

Also, when someone shows up at the house why did Trevor think it was his dad. His dad was in prison for all he knew right? 

And how did Walker find them at that house? Did Stella not turn her phone off? 

Liam decides to be honest about STELLA'S criminal history without talking to her? Bullshit. She is a juvenile. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

40 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

So much had me shaking my head last night. 

 

So Walker and family weren't going to Stella's STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME? Just dumb. 

Also, when someone shows up at the house why did Trevor think it was his dad. His dad was in prison for all he knew right? 

And how did Walker find them at that house? Did Stella not turn her phone off? 

Liam decides to be honest about STELLA'S criminal history without talking to her? Bullshit. She is a juvenile. 

I actually did a double take when they started talking about Stella's arrest. Because she's a minor, her record would be sealed, yes?

I thought for sure the thing the reporter was alluding to in the article was the family's close association with Hoyt, a known convicted felon who was running his mouth during their introduction at the house. The Stella stuff seemed to come out of nowhere.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

And how did Walker find them at that house? Did Stella not turn her phone off? 

Twyla Jean mentioned the place when Walker visited her. Walker didn't know that Stella would be there. He was just hoping to find Trevor's dad and the other escaped guy there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Well, that was a lot of relationship drama!

It certainly doesn't help that I don't really care enough about Stella/Trevor to be invested in their antics, but even if I did, they both were just being so stupid here.  Trevor really thought it was a great idea to hide at the same exact place that his crooked father stashes his ill-gotten gains?  It would have at least made a little more sense if they stop by to pick it up and then automatically bail, but to use that as the spot to "lay low" was so silly.  And then there is Stella simply being head over heels with him to the point where she was literally saying out loud the reasons why running away was a bad idea, but still kept doing it anyway.  I know teenagers aren't known to have the best thinking skills, but this was beyond mere poor decision-making.  The fact that Walker didn't lose his cool and was able to calmly, but firmly point out that she massive screwed up actually makes me respect him more as a parent.  I'm glad they are on better terms now, but he better at least take back the car or ground her for what she did.

Meanwhile, Hoyt is finally out and so the love triangle begins!  I'll at least give Geri credit to not accepting the proposal and realizing that there are nowhere at a good point to do this: especially since she still doesn't seem to fully know how she feels about Walker (and vice versa.)  But as much as I like Matt Barr here, I'm kind of getting annoyed how most everyone (especially Abeline) is treating Hoyt with kid gloves and just acting like he's a harmless rascal who just needs some hand-holding to be set on the straight and narrow.  Dude wasn't in prison because he got into a bar fight or some other petty crime: he was mixed in with freaking illegal weapon's dealing and putting numerous lives in danger.  He's going to have to work way harder to prove himself.  If he and Walker do cross paths and trade blows next episode, I'm fully rooting for Walker to take him down a few pegs.

Seriously, there is no way the Walker family would not have been at the State Championship if Stella was suppose to be playing.

Poor Trey is still out there dealing with realistic consequences over what happened to him.  Poor guy!

August wins the episode do being both the cook and busting tables by himself at the party.  He definitely earned that snark and dishrag toss at Walker for having to handle all of that! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Man Stella's day consisted of running away with her boyfriend, (possibly) losing her virginity, shooting her Dad and having her juvenile record outed. Banner. 

But at least her team won. The team she bailed on. 

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm over this tortured Romeo and Juliet nonsense with Stella and Trevor. Stella is just dumb. At least Trevor understood how to lean into the whole Tortured Doom Emo Love thing - he had a plan (thanks criminal mom and dad) for how to blow town. I'm not sure what Stella thought they were going to do. Drive off into the sunset but stop at the state line to be home for dinner? 

On 5/13/2021 at 6:03 PM, Katy M said:

Maybe the person who hasn't been shot should drive home.

Another one for the Stella sucks column.

I hate love triangles but I love Hoyt. The proposal would have been 10x better if he'd been back in his Magic Mike gear like when we first met him. Not because it would make Geri change her mind, but because as viewers we deserve nice things. 

Geri did have a point that Hoyt should be bothered by the kiss. Not storming off to bro-out on Walker -- like he clearly is next week -- but maybe not brushing it off so easily. If I were him, I'd have questions. I'm hoping that Geri and Walker don't end up together. To me, the kiss was a moment that was charged by mutual grief, long-standing friendship, and relief. That's understandable. While something like that probably would feel super awkward, it doesn't necessarily mean insta-love (unless you're dumb like Stella). Geri and Walker are making it worse by not talking about it. It was a kiss, it's not like they ran down to Mexico for a sex weekend. Who hasn't made out with a friend? Did they not go to college? Chill, guys. Life is complicated. 

10 hours ago, wlk68 said:

I actually did a double take when they started talking about Stella's arrest. Because she's a minor, her record would be sealed, yes?

I thought for sure the thing the reporter was alluding to in the article was the family's close association with Hoyt, a known convicted felon who was running his mouth during their introduction at the house. The Stella stuff seemed to come out of nowhere.

Same. My first thought was...that's not legal. But you're right, it's probably Hoyt. Honestly, after meeting Hoyt the reporter was probably BINGO got a new angle for this story.

Ditto to everyone who pointed out that there is NO WAY the Walker's would blow off Stella's championship game. Walker missing these games has been a source of ANGST all season. You've gotta be kidding me that these people would blow that shit off.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I loved this episode. The dream sequence and the desperate young lovers rang true, ultimately demanding something of each other that neither could give. I was touched by Walker's apprehension with Geri and their nervous fears that we never fully outgrow when something is new and full of promise, with insecurity gnawing away in the background.  Hoyt troubles me in that he doesn't grasp that his carefree impermanent existence is a deterent to being taken seriously. I genuinely like these characters and hope they find their way.

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, ZeeEnnui said:

Ditto to everyone who pointed out that there is NO WAY the Walker's would blow off Stella's championship game. Walker missing these games has been a source of ANGST all season. You've gotta be kidding me that these people would blow that shit off.

there's no way he would blow off the championship game, when he's literally blown off every other game?  And their camping trip.   And pretty much everything else.  He didn't even know where his daughter was all night.  OK, apparently he at least thought she was with Bella, but she doesn't even have parents.  these kids are raising themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, ZeeEnnui said:

I hate love triangles but I love Hoyt. The proposal would have been 10x better if he'd been back in his Magic Mike gear like when we first met him. Not because it would make Geri change her mind, but because as viewers we deserve nice things. 

Geri did have a point that Hoyt should be bothered by the kiss. Not storming off to bro-out on Walker -- like he clearly is next week -- but maybe not brushing it off so easily. If I were him, I'd have questions. I'm hoping that Geri and Walker don't end up together. To me, the kiss was a moment that was charged by mutual grief, long-standing friendship, and relief. That's understandable. While something like that probably would feel super awkward, it doesn't necessarily mean insta-love (unless you're dumb like Stella). Geri and Walker are making it worse by not talking about it. It was a kiss, it's not like they ran down to Mexico for a sex weekend. 

Pretty much aaaall of this. x1000.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have to be honest I didn't know Hoyt and Geri were actually together. I thought it was a thing where he always hit on her and she always said no and they were just friends. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I liked the bonding between Stella and Walker with the promise of a road trip, I just would have liked less time spent on her and Trevor.  Did anyone else appreciate the parallel of Stella running from an unknown threat at night to the way her mother died?  The fight, such as it was, was good, but I wish they’d use a 6” 4’ inch, fit guy like Jared to better and more frequent effect - maybe that’s a consequence of COVID (I don’t want Chuck Norris Mark II, believe me, I’m just saying).  And poor Hoyt!  I know he’s been mixed up in serious crime, but to see him so stung by Geri’s confession made my heart hurt for him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Stella is just all kinds of stupid, its almost impressive how many times she made terrible choices in just a twenty four hour period. Its clear that she didn't have an actual concept for what she and Trevor were going to do other than driving off for her tragic Romeo and Juliette fantasy, and certainly didn't think about how her family would respond to her disappearing off the face of the Earth, especially after everything that has happened. Stella in general has a really impressive ability to not think about how her actions affect others, and I get that she is going through a lot of stuff but come on. Trevor isn't much better, hanging out at the secret stash house his dad, who he's trying to escape from, keeps all of stuff that he or his gang would totally want to run and get, but he at least had some kind of idea as to what he and Stella were going to do. Stella just seemed to think this would be a weekend road trip and she would go home in a week or so and everything would be fine. 

Then Stella really capped the whole mess with shooting her own dad. Really, Walker handled all of this with amazing restraint, being very clear that Stella has massively screwed up, but also showing a lot of empathy and insight into what led her to do all of this. 

I like Hoyt and him being around is certainly going to change a lot of things up, but I feel like everyone is really underplaying the seriousness of his crimes. Its not like he's just some rascal who was in jail for a minor scuffle like public intoxication, the guy was involved with arms dealers who took several shots at Walker when he tried to arrest him. Especially when everyone was all pissed with Walker for how he handled Emily dying and going off to do undercover work, but everyone is totally cool with Hoyt for all of the much worse things that he did. I also always got the vibe that he and Geri were never all that serious, that they were on again off again and they always got back together but were not really a fully committed couple, although it did seem suspect that Hoyt didn't care at all that Geri kissed Walker. Even if they weren't exclusive, that should at least give him some kind of reaction if he really wanted to start a real life with Geri, although the "grrr you kissed her!" fight is already pretty rich considering the crap Hoyt pulled on Walker. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size