Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/10/2021

• Start Topic

Don't forget that MeAgain said that since nobody trusts the CDC if we get an outbreak of Ebola, people won't do what they are supposed to do.  Uh, Meghan, I think it's Trump and the Republicans' fault for that!

• Love 15

I just watched yesterday's show and Dr. Gupta carefully explained to MeAgain about masks and vaccinations. He even explained that you can be vaccinated and be a carrier of COVID. He gave the example of 7 members of the Yankees who are fully vaccinated but when tested, they were positive for COVID. So they could spread it.

Why is this so difficult for her to understand? (She also ended by saying "is there something else I need to be illuminated about?")

is she dumb GIF by E!

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

And Joy Reid.

Today she will be screeching about the CDC changing the rules again, even though it's good news now.  She doesn't know what to believe!  Meat and potatoes, people!

As per usual, shout it needs to be changed, then don't give any credit for a change, but find something even prettier to shout about after it was changed. 

35 minutes ago, bannana said:

Here's your MeAgain bingo card!

image.png.4cfaf69f52166e578b18e803d95e4857.png

That brilliant, although I probably would have put "My Father" in the center. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Thank you for reminding us about "mask in the shower"!

When I first read that mask in the shower comment I thought she was joking but it sounds like she was serious? Or was that her attempt at sarcasm? Hard to tell. 

It's impossible to believe that after listening to all these doctors explain it, MeAgain just cannot comprehend the guidelines. I feel like small children would be able to understand this.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

It's impossible to believe that after listening to all these doctors explain it, MeAgain just cannot comprehend the guidelines. I feel like small children would be able to understand this.

No, she just thinks she's above the guidelines and overestimates her intelligence. I'd much rather deal with small children than The Princess. They have way more common sense!!

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

When I first read that mask in the shower comment I thought she was joking but it sounds like she was serious? Or was that her attempt at sarcasm? Hard to tell. 

I think most people are using the wrong calculus with Meghan McCain. They're speculating on how dim one would have to be to not understand certain things, when instead they should be thinking about what kind of little shit you have to be to pretend you don't understand something to help create a narrative. You don't have to actually believe the narrative, you just have to create it to give cover to people watching who want an excuse to act like it's true as well (meaning they don't actually have to believe it either, but often do talk themselves into it). 

Turn on the news and watch Rand Paul screaming totally bizarre shit at Anthony Fauci.  Same thing, bigger stage. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

No, she just thinks she's above the guidelines and overestimates her intelligence. I'd much rather deal with small children than The Princess. They have way more common sense!!

And whine less.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I think most people are using the wrong calculus with Meghan McCain. They're speculating on how dim one would have to be to not understand certain things, when instead they should be thinking about what kind of little shit you have to be to pretend you don't understand something to help create a narrative. You don't have to actually believe the narrative, you just have to create it to give cover to people watching who want an excuse to act like it's true as well (meaning they don't actually have to believe it either, but often do talk themselves into it). 

Turn on the news and watch Rand Paul screaming totally bizarre shit at Anthony Fauci.  Same thing, bigger stage. 

And yesterday she also told Joe Lieberman she loves him and said that she admires Joe Biden, but then tried to get Lieberman to dis Biden's handling of the Middle East. Lieberman did not take the bait. And he called him "President Biden" while she dissed him and called him Biden. So what kind of a person are you when you knowingly spin a false narrative in order to score political points against someone you admire?

• Love 13
58 minutes ago, bannana said:

image.png

image.png

That is awesome!   Hah! Love it!  Ok now if you wanted to make it bigger,or a different version, like a card deck or something.  You could add 'Red State!', 'Bang! Bang!', '2-Shot', 'Vegas Baby!'   Omgosh the options are just endless lol.  But i do think you're on to something.  There's countless drinking games, expand it already

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I really liked what Congressman Kinzinger had to say UNTIL he had to throw in St. John McCain when addressing Meganutz. I don't agree with his conservative policies, but I respect him for standing up and speaking the truth about the Trump GOP.

I literally let out a dramatic "Noooooooo!" when he mentioned MyFather. They need to stop feeding the monster.

Next time Meghan complains about the CDC "changing its mind," they  should 1) throw a bunch of leeches at her, since she's against the medical community making advances and 2) force her to read all the peer-reviewed research in front of everyone because apparently "wear masks" isn't enough for her hard-nosed skepticism.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bannana said:

image.png

image.png

If you want to expand this, add "chickens coming home to roost", "you're lying, Sara" and "you know you missed me, Joy!" 😉😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Kromm said:

She’s also perpetuating the racist “welfare queen” myth that the Republicans are pushing that $300 extra dollars is setting up low income workers for life so that they can choose to never work again. They are refusing to consider that child care may be an issue due to several factors (children at home due to virtual learning, previous family members who provided childcare may now be unavailable, concerns about children getting Covid at a daycare facility, etc), or that workers may have gone back to school or changed fields, as well as the possibility that they or someone they care for is dealing with long haul health issues from the virus. 

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, bannana said:

So what kind of a person are you when you knowingly spin a false narrative in order to score political points against someone you admire?

In Meghan's mind it isn't personal. It's just politics.  I have no doubt if Biden wasn't president she would still speak of him fondly.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

In Meghan's mind it isn't personal. It's just politics.  I have no doubt if Biden wasn't president she would still speak of him fondly.

She's trying to prove she's a tried and true GOP'er, i did chuckle that Ben is a D&D'er.  High5

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I literally let out a dramatic "Noooooooo!" when he mentioned MyFather. They need to stop feeding the monster.

But he also managed to dis MeAgain when he said that people who think that it's time to move on from the insurrection are wrong.

29 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Next time Meghan complains about the CDC "changing its mind," they  should 1) throw a bunch of leeches at her, since she's against the medical community making advances

Nick Splat GIF by Hey Arnold

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Am I the only one  who finds Meghan, constant" side-eyeing"  to who ever is to her left, annoying.  Doing that, makes it appear she is not paying attention to the subject being discussed. Not that it would matter, because, she has a way of deflecting and not complying to the conversation.  Now that I am honed in on her doing that, it appears as though she does it the whole show.

• Love 13

Just reading that recap made me grateful I missed this because I think I might have had the mother of all rage strokes. Twatty actually having the gall to say the CDC only did this because Biden saw nobody was working?! Not because of the case rates going down or that more people are getting vaccinated?! Oh no, it’s all about her skewed version of politics?!

When I think of all the people who died because of the ones in charge who didn’t take the virus seriously…and then of the living people who shit on those that are taking it seriously…there are no words.

• Love 21
26 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Am I the only one  who finds Meghan, constant" side-eyeing"  to who ever is to her left, annoying.  Doing that, makes it appear she is not paying attention to the subject being discussed. Not that it would matter, because, she has a way of deflecting and not complying to the conversation.  Now that I am honed in on her doing that, it appears as though she does it the whole show.

I always wonder what she's looking at. Is it a producer telling her to behave? Is it Ben telling her what to say? Is Liberty there? She's said she doesn't do pets, and her cactus can't walk. What is she looking at?!

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Yesterday's show was particularly bad for that in the first segment. Here eyes kept darting the left and she had a confused/cranky look on her face.

13 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I always wonder what she's looking at. Is it a producer telling her to behave? Is it Ben telling her what to say? Is Liberty there?

She has said she is in studio so it is her producer giving her cues. And probably telling her to smile and to quit looking at her!

Whoopi also tends to look around at the producers with her but not the weird darting thing.  But also not professional.

Sunny and Sara seem most capable of maintaining control and looking into the camera.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, bannana said:

She has said she is in studio so it is her producer giving her cues.

Yesterday she called them her executive producer when talking about not being able to get gas.  She does not have her own executive producer. Isn't that Brian guy the executive producer of the View? And isn't he in NYC?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bannana said:

I have a family member who is a principal of an elementary school  And, YES - small children are able to understand that there is a virus and we all have to be "heroes"  and protect each other from being sick by wearing masks, until the virus has been defeated.  It's not hard. 

• Love 16

So. Let me get this straight. Twatty is a contrarian. Doesn't believe the government; or anything related to them (like the CDC). So then WHY did she get the vaccine? Why isn't she with all her "friends" who don't want to get it?

The Hypocrisy. It never ends and no one ever pushes back. 

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, bannana said:

She has said she is in studio so it is her producer giving her cues. And probably telling her to smile and to quit looking at her!

Maybe it's MyProducerBrian holding up cue cards:

idiot.jpg.c3b02c30eb8174254a8f29a92c343677.jpg

whining.jpg.5f30e4b02493218a484e3c37e40df615.jpg

smile.png.f61f4826b091dc47b840fcfcd8e178f9.png

cares.jpg.f92973b43e0939c90899e1363c25b19c.jpg

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So. Let me get this straight. Twatty is a contrarian. Doesn't believe the government; or anything related to them (like the CDC). So then WHY did she get the vaccine? Why isn't she with all her "friends" who don't want to get it?

The Hypocrisy. It never ends and no one ever pushes back. 

And why is she religiously wearing a mask if she doesn't trust what the CDC says? Meghan, just go to the nearest gas station and lick all the door handles, my god.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, bannana said:

I just watched yesterday's show and Dr. Gupta carefully explained to MeAgain about masks and vaccinations. He even explained that you can be vaccinated and be a carrier of COVID. He gave the example of 7 members of the Yankees who are fully vaccinated but when tested, they were positive for COVID. So they could spread it.

Why is this so difficult for her to understand? (She also ended by saying "is there something else I need to be illuminated about?")

is she dumb GIF by E!

Yep, Meghan is an idiot. As is the moron in this gif. 

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Next time Meghan complains about the CDC "changing its mind," they  should 1) throw a bunch of leeches at her, since she's against the medical community making advances and 2) force her to read all the peer-reviewed research in front of everyone because apparently "wear masks" isn't enough for her hard-nosed skepticism.

OIK!  I just slumped down in my chair and let out this long grooooooooooooooan

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

She probably does have people in the room with her but the big screen is to her left so that is what she is most likely looking at. In the studio she was constantly looking to her left where MyProducerBrian stands.

MeAgain_2021-05-14.png.5963d857da81d610faece5390c3277f0.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, catlover79 said:

If you want to expand this, add "chickens coming home to roost", "you're lying, Sara" and "you know you missed me, Joy!" 😉😂

We need a square for Infanticide and I'm a pundint! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

I think she is looking at herself in the monitor

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I think she is looking at herself in the monitor

That has to be it. So she is looking at herself instead of following the prompter and looking into the camera.

Dungeons And Dragons Love GIF by Hyper RPG

4 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I think we have a winner. 

Does that mean she is also frowning at herself? 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Oh! Just remembered something that annoyed the ever-living-hell out of me.

When Sara was talking about the Japanese American and South-Indian American astronauts.

It's pronounced Kul-pun-ah, you dimwit. Not Cal-Pan-ah for Kalpana.

Sorry, but this is a huuuge peeve when the name is fairly simple and easy. It wasn't Balusubramaniyam, after all!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Sunny and Sara seem most capable of maintaining control and looking into the camera.

Agreed, though Sara does have the advantage of actually being in the studio. Speaking of Sara, I really missed her today.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So then WHY did she get the vaccine? Why isn't she with all her "friends" who don't want to get it?

Because she wants to party, gamble and get drunk!! That's just too tempting to pass up a vaccine for.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

That has been driving me nuts for a long time. She did that when the show was live, too. Looked at the audience, looked everywhere for validation. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I don't get Meganutz's reasoning, no matter how hard I try...

How is it she can't understand 'changes' in life, especially in health matters ?

If she had an infection, and her doctor put her on an antibiotic two weeks ago, does she think it means she has to stay on the antibiotic forever ?  If she went to her doctor yesterday, and by the test results it shows her infection cleared and the doctor tells her 'You can get off the antibiotic now' , will she sit in the office and ask for a repeated explanation as to why she can get off it ? Will she challenge the doctor and say 'Last week I was on an antibiotic, now I'm not? I don't get it. How can I trust you if you keep changing your mind ? '

That depends. Is the doctor part of her tribe? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

I don't think Joy mentioned that Sara had the day off unless I missed it.  

I didn't hear anything.  I missed her too.  It might have been the day after shot #2 and she wasn't feeling it

• Love 3
16 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I missed Sara too. 

I figured Sara was off for the same reason Joy was off Monday. I imagine McCain makes the producers force the others to take a day off as punishment for getting to enjoy a day without her there like last Friday.

• LOL 6
On 5/14/2021 at 11:19 AM, bannana said:

is she dumb GIF by E!

If you didn't listen to her comments knowing she was just pretending not to understand out of political motives, you'd almost think she has some kind of mental handicap. Imagine the average viewer seeing her say day in and day out that she doesn't understand and have it explained to her by a doctor, then say she doesn't understand the next day and have it explained by a doctor again, and again, and again, and again...

• Love 10

Meghan has this tendency to think of everything in black/white, right/wrong, left/right terms.  She struggles with anything that is nuanced.  Her brain can't handle ambiguity.

if an expert tells her "if you're vaccinated, you are less likely to spread the virus"  her brain says "so I CAN'T spread the virus? I don't understand, why wear a mask if I can't spread it?" 

An expert says "Kids are LESS LIKELY to get very sick from Covid"  Meghan's brain says "so Kids CAN"T get Covid? but some do! I don't understand!"  

Last year, Dr. Fauci said ordinary people don't need  masks, then said that people SHOULD wear masks, and Meghan's brain says "wait, masks  are bad?  or are they good? I don't understand!" 

The same way, her brain operates as if anything a democrat says or does has to be bad, wrong, or terrible.   And anything a republican does is wonderful.  EXCEPT - the past few years have messed with her brain.  She sees republican disagree with each other, obscure the truth, tell lies, etc.  She cannot figure it out.  So, when the topic is "republicans pretending a terrible thing didn't happen."  Meghan's brain cannot cope.  Did it happen? did it not?  are republicans telling lies, or are they the good guys?   Her brain goes back to a safe space - criticizing Democrats. "Biden is terrible, gas prices, the Middle east, the border, all his fault."  and the chaos in her brain settles down. 

• Love 15
On 5/14/2021 at 11:31 AM, Kromm said:

Thank you for reminding us about "mask in the shower"!

Whoopi will probably add that to the list of reminders at the end of Monday's show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I figured Sara was off for the same reason Joy was off Monday. I imagine McCain makes the producers force the others to take a day off as punishment for getting to enjoy a day without her there like last Friday.

Or maybe they get a day off as a reward for putting up with MeAgain.  If Meggie gets a day off every time she screws up it would be unfair to the rest if they didn't also get a day off for behaving like adults.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I found the limits of the Middle East discussion frustrating, especially since this program is officially under ABC News. I listen to NPR, BBC and CBC radio and the picture that they presented was broader and consequently very different from what was on The View.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I found the limits of the Middle East discussion frustrating, especially since this program is officially under ABC News. I listen to NPR, BBC and CBC radio and the picture that they presented was broader and consequently very different from what was on The View.

I'm shocked that these four eloquent, erudite journalists didn't have a comprehensive and balanced discussion of the recent events in the Middle East.  Shocked I tell you.

• LOL 11
6 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm shocked that these four eloquent, erudite journalists didn't have a comprehensive and balanced discussion of the recent events in the Middle East.  Shocked I tell you.

Especially miss "I've been in politics all my life."

Seriously, her line when she doesn't know history is "I wasn't born yet." Her line for not being able to discuss the current conflict is probably "I haven't been there."

• Love 4