Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

The View: Week of 5/10/2021

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

So many times they've let MM's lies slip by and I often think it's because no one's provided them with any rebuttal info.

Why should anyone provide them with rebuttal info?  Do they not read up on current events?  It's part of their job!  It doesn't stop any of the posters on this thread.  I would hazard to guess none of the posters on this thread has a slew of college interns providing them with rebuttal info on little blue index cards.

I expect all four of the panelists other than MM (5 including Anna) to take turns correcting Meghan's lies.  I would love to hear Sunny shout out "It's my turn!"

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Meghan better get to work on that Viking funeral if she is going to keep flaunting Covid restrictions. Also I would like to volunteer to shoot flaming arrows at Meghan's dead body. Perhaps The View could have a contest offering 20 viewers a spot on the flaming arrow team.

The visual of the Viking funeral sounds very entertaining 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

 

2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

. My mil called me a couple days ago to urge me to get gas,, huh?  She asked if i haven't been watching the news? I said of course. I explained to her i have a full tank and we live in ohio so we dont live in the 7  affected states. She actually wanted to go buy extra gas cans to fill. 🤦‍♀️ I told my husband to call his mother, she's about burn her house down. Sorry to rant it's just people drive me crazy  and Meghan is one of them lol.

Sunny is so amazing I'm glad she usually answers after the princess. 

My dad was in panic mode as well.its too bad maybe someone could put together an online group, just to get these issues out and maybe have  Rep there from the CDC or nih or hhs. Hope her FIL talked MIL down.

Main thing is it hopefully helping some older people of that generation 

2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Meghan better get to work on that Viking funeral if she is going to keep flaunting Covid restrictions. Also I would like to volunteer to shoot flaming arrows at Meghan's dead body. Perhaps The View could have a contest offering 20 viewers a spot on the flaming arrow team.

I think we should practice early.  Git on the raft Girl!

3 hours ago, catlover79 said:

It sounds like you are getting ready for The Princess Drinking Game!! 😉😂

Commence!

3 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Viewers at home have that same look whenever she asks any question, no matter the guest.

Oh yes you should hear the nastiness that i spew out when she's on.  Its so ingrained now i don't even have to try.  BBBBBBITCHHHHHHHHH.  I'll spare the rest lol

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

Has there ever been a cohost who consistently refuses to discuss the topic at hand as frequently as Meghan? 

Well there was Hasselbitch and her "what about Obama?"  any time a republican was criticized.

But I think Meghan has surpassed her.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Well there was Hasselbitch and her "what about Obama?"  any time a republican was criticized.

But I think Meghan has surpassed her.

Yes Elisabeth was a good little soldier trying to support her team. Meghan is like the general leading the charge.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Megan is beneath contempt and I was just aghast at what she did today.  She deflected from the topic at hand and just went on an unhinged  hateful rant about President Biden.  This is a man who showed her so much understanding and tenderness during her time of grief.  What a despicable human being!  She is the absolute worst and I have had it with the princess of Arizona.

Sunny as always pulverized Nutmeg without uttering her name and it was such a beautiful read that Whoopie had nothing to add and just went on a commercial break. 

  • Like 23
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Man, Meg is going to be even more confused tomorrow. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

“WHAT WAS HE SMOKING?!”

”Low-hanging fruit of the Q-Anon tree.”

I love Whoopi and Joy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sarah’s “I feel like we’re stuck in a Borat movie” was also a gem.

Oh JFC I KNEW Megamouth was going to deflect. And the insurrection IS a “meat and potatoes” issue, you stupid spoiled bitch!

And can she give him more than four months to handle things?  Between the insurrection and the mess trump left and the pandemic mess he made, Biden’s  been a bit busy putting out fires.  Also loved that Joe Lieberman didn’t cave to her statement about how well trump handled the Middle East (??? .) and fully disagreed with her.  Doesn’t happen often enough!  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Yes, she should - but so should the producers.

Yeah,  in the end it’s really those running the show that need to take responsibility.  It’s not Whoopies job really to try to counter megamouth  mutliple times per show.  The producers should be taking her aside to stop the behavior, but they don’t.  I can’t really fault Whoopie for this one.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Yeah,  in the end it’s really those running the show that need to take responsibility.  It’s not Whoopies job really to try to counter megamouth  mutliple times per show.  The producers should be taking her aside to stop the behavior, but they don’t.  I can’t really fault Whoopie for this one.  

It’s her job to direct the conversation. 

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopi likes the clout and extra cash that comes from being the moderator but can't be bothered to actually do the moderating.  Just contrast her to Joy when she steps in on Fridays.  Joy actually does the job of moderating.  What a concept. 

  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Yeah,  in the end it’s really those running the show that need to take responsibility.  It’s not Whoopies job really to try to counter megamouth  mutliple times per show.  The producers should be taking her aside to stop the behavior, but they don’t.  I can’t really fault Whoopie for this one.  

Whoopie has shut her down before when she has gotten out of control..

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

51 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Man, Meg is going to be even more confused tomorrow. 

Hopefully, she gets sent to the timeout chair tomorrow and we have a nice Joy/Sara/Sunny/Ana show!!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

MeAgain is getting creamed on twitter for her comments on The View today regarding being over Jan 6. Also, she usually retweets articles that cover her daily View tirades but today she hasn't retweeted any because she just sounds stupid. Hasn't stopped her in the past, so I am wondering if the View producers had another word with her, like they did after her week of racist comments.

200.gif

Edited by bannana
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Yes, Sunny looked wonderful in that blue ensemble today - much better than the pioneer getup they had her in yesterday.

So true. She looked like a pilgrim. What was she thinking? And the hair didn't help.  

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, A.J. said:

So true. She looked like a pilgrim. What was she thinking? And the hair didn't help.  

The blouse may have been cute on Sara, but it is so wrong for Sunny.

20210513_183518.jpg

large_rodarte-multi-lace-trimmed-gingham-cotton-blend-blouse.jpg

  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post

Geez, Whoopi couldn't even ge bothered to congratulate Sunny.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Geez, Whoopi couldn't even ge bothered to congratulate Sunny.

I like Sunny but part of me wonders if the treatment by Whoopi has to do with Sunny's not so great personality traits.  She can be very, very long winded (not that she's the only one) and doesn't know when to stop talking.  She's also very repetitive. How many times is she going to use the words "the former disgraced, twice impeached president, etc., etc.?  Even I am tired of hearing that.  I guess this comes from her lawyer background.  But it's overkill to hear it on a daily basis.  Sunny also tries to be dramatic and be very girly (not that this is bad), but this seems to tick Whoopi off as well.  Maybe Whoopi should use her acting skills a bit more at work to hide her apathy.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

We need to plant the seed in MMs head that she would be soooo much better in office.  She could help so many more people and oh MyFather would be so very proud.  Maybe if we plant that seed long enough, water it everyday. I cant think of the chicks name thats taking Cheneys place but MM doesnt think highly of her.  So she should run.  Look at AOC and all the other bunches that won their first time seats.  She could do it. Spread those wings and fly girl!  Away away away fly away !  Byyyyyyye!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Yeah,  in the end it’s really those running the show that need to take responsibility.  It’s not Whoopies job really to try to counter megamouth  mutliple times per show.  The producers should be taking her aside to stop the behavior, but they don’t.  I can’t really fault Whoopie for this one.  

 

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

It’s her job to direct the conversation. 

Just once, after Meghan gives her opinion of everything BUT the topic question, I would love for Whoopi to say something like "Okaay - but, Meghan, we get it, that's your view on those things, but what is your opinion of the topic we are discussing now?"  (I threw in a few Whoopi-isms there)

I would love to see Meghan faltering and sputtering, trying to come up with an actual off-the-cuff response.  Meghan knows how much time she has for her responses, and she times her speeches carefully - right down to the second and oftentimes, over her allotted time.  I just think this would be a brilliant approach to re-direct her and show her up at the the same time.  It would also re-assert Whoopi's moderator status to Meghan.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

The blouse may have been cute on Sara, but it is so wrong for Sunny.

20210513_183518.jpg

large_rodarte-multi-lace-trimmed-gingham-cotton-blend-blouse.jpg

Sunny, you are way too hot a woman to wear this! lol 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Just once, after Meghan gives her opinion of everything BUT the topic question, I would love for Whoopi to say something like "Okaay - but, Meghan, we get it, that's your view on those things, but what is your opinion of the topic we are discussing now?"  (I threw in a few Whoopi-isms there)

Biden addressed the pipeline thing today and the CDC says we can play outside. What will Meghan use to deflect now? Probably the Middle East or Russia, BUT (cue suspenseful music) Her Heroine Tulsi Gabbard ran on decreasing America's international military presence and MyFather infamously sang "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb-bomb-Iran. What will our Lone Conservative do to keep the focus off Republican misdeeds while centering herself (or her "friends")? Will anything move the needle to her satisfaction? Tune in, kids, for the next "meat and potatoes" episode of ¡McCain!

Edited by Vanderboom · Reason: had to add her catchphrases
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meg has given up trying to understand the covid messaging. How many times has it been explained to her but she refuses to listen?  Certainly more than once a week. 

I was hoping Sanjay Gupta would have continued his explanation (about those who have had both shots can still carry and pass on the virus) to include bringing it home to her daughter Liberty, who might get very sick and die.  She cannot understand anything that does not impact her directly.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Tim, the YouTuber who loves dunking on Meghan, commented on her priorities today... 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TheView said:

The visual of the Viking funeral sounds very entertaining 

She can wear ALL of her braided extensions at the same time.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

Gotta say MM's panic of the gas shortage now is not remotely compared to that under Carter's admin. 

She is spreading crap imho.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, A.J. said:

How many times is she going to use the words "the former disgraced, twice impeached president, etc., etc.?  Even I am tired of hearing that

Not me. I love it. And Sunny is not the only one who says it . I've heard Rachel maddow refer to trump the same way.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Not me. I love it. And Sunny is not the only one who says it . I've heard Rachel maddow refer to trump the same way.

Ditto. Don Lemon says it sometimes too. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

And Joy Reid.

8 hours ago, deirdra said:

I was hoping Sanjay Gupta would have continued his explanation (about those who have had both shots can still carry and pass on the virus) to include bringing it home to her daughter Liberty, who might get very sick and die.  She cannot understand anything that does not impact her directly.

Today she will be screeching about the CDC changing the rules again, even though it's good news now.  She doesn't know what to believe!  Meat and potatoes, people!

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopi: So Meghan what do  you think about Republicans trying to change the narrative about the insurrection?

Meghan: The real tragedy this year is I can't get gas and it's Biden's fault.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Meghan is living in the DC area (or as she calls it in the Beltway) and that area isn't serviced by that particular pipeline. So if Meghan can't find gas (which I doubt) it's because people are panicking like she is.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

So I wonder if they will return to the studio now.  I’m sure Whoopi would rather stay home.

Meg, the govt is not going to mandate vaccines or require proof of vaccination. You are complaining about something that doesn’t exist.  However, Rep governors forbidding private businesses from requiring proof of vax is govt overreach as Sunny and Ana and Joy said. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

"slippery slope"

C'mon, Meganutz - just say 'move the needle one way or another' and I will get McCain Bingo this week !

 

And she STILL doesn't understand the mask regulations? She was wearing a mask in the shower last week ?
 

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Oh sheesh Megan!  She's a 'contrarian", she doesnt trust the government or the CDC, she is basically 'poo poohing" what the CDC is saying & she will do what SHE wants to do!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I only tuned in today because I just knew MM was gonna be mad about something in response to not having to wear masks (something she's been advocating for, BTW) she did not disappoint. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Love Ana on this show. You could tell she was speaking to the princess when asking how someone wearing a mask infringes on anyone else's rights? The joke about shaving again made me laugh.

Good for Joy slapping back at McCain's attempt to tout civil liberties when she wants to take a private business' "civil liberty" to dictate who is allowed in their building away. I know when I went to college years back, that there were requirements that you have so many different shots before you can come on their campus. What's the difference?

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

I don't get Meganutz's reasoning, no matter how hard I try...

How is it she can't understand 'changes' in life, especially in health matters ?

If she had an infection, and her doctor put her on an antibiotic two weeks ago, does she think it means she has to stay on the antibiotic forever ?  If she went to her doctor yesterday, and by the test results it shows her infection cleared and the doctor tells her 'You can get off the antibiotic now' , will she sit in the office and ask for a repeated explanation as to why she can get off it ? Will she challenge the doctor and say 'Last week I was on an antibiotic, now I'm not? I don't get it. How can I trust you if you keep changing your mind ? '

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I guess Meghan missed the part where they showed the data from recent studies that prompted the change. But then again, scientists and doctors have been on the show multiple times this past year to slowly explain stuff to her and she still doesn’t get it. 
I also don’t get the pearl clutching on requiring vaccines. Most people had to be vaccinated for several things to attend school or to travel to some countries or to have certain jobs. This is nothing new and we will just be adding one other vaccine to our vaccine cards. It’s eventually going to become standard like the polio vaccine so everyone might as well get on board now. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I really liked what Congressman Kinzinger had to say UNTIL he had to throw in St. John McCain when addressing Meganutz. I don't agree with his conservative policies, but I respect him for standing up and speaking the truth about the Trump GOP.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

There is zero chance any Rep legislators will vote for the infrastructure bill, no matter how much it is pared down. McConnell pulled this with the ACA, pretending to negotiate and whittling it down, then every single Rep voted no anyway. Biden and Pelosi and Shumer know this. The bipartisan talks are a sham on both sides. 

  • Like 11
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I could be wrong, but didn’t My Father work for the Government?  

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I also don’t get the pearl clutching on requiring vaccines. Most people had to be vaccinated for several things to attend school or to travel to some countries or to have certain jobs. This is nothing new and we will just be adding one other vaccine to our vaccine cards. It’s eventually going to become standard like the polio vaccine so everyone might as well get on board now. 

Never underestimate her ability to politicize what has nothing to do with politics!

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

McCain being nasty to Sunny now. I guess she forgot that she cited COVID deaths as part of her ratatatat about Cuomo, which is why Sunny was citing "Deathsantis" (LOL at her always calling him that!) in response.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And she STILL doesn't understand the mask regulations? She was wearing a mask in the shower last week ?

Was she in a public shower with a lot of people?

29 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

I guess Meghan missed the part where they showed the data from recent studies that prompted the change. But then again, scientists and doctors have been on the show multiple times this past year to slowly explain stuff to her and she still doesn’t get it. 

Dr. Gupta was on yesterday.  Meghan gets it but she just wants to somehow blame this administration for something, anything she can.  If covid infections start to rise again she will blame the CDC for that.

29 minutes ago, Haleth said:

There is zero chance any Rep legislators will vote for the infrastructure bill, no matter how much it is pared down. McConnell pulled this with the ACA, pretending to negotiate and whittling it down, then every single Rep voted no anyway. Biden and Pelosi and Shumer know this. The bipartisan talks are a sham on both sides. 

I know this.  LOL. Anyone who follows politics knows this.

21 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Never underestimate her ability to politicize what has nothing to do with politics!

I had to stop being friends with someone because I couldn't even discuss movies with her because she disliked so many actors because they didn't share her political beliefs.

Meghan politicizing everything is IMO her way of trying to appear like a political analyst.  Ana an actual political analyst doesn't do that.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan politicizing everything is IMO her way of trying to appear like a political analyst.  Ana an actual political analyst doesn't do that.

This is why we see Ana regularly on CNN. Do we see The Princess on the ABC News shows? *crickets*

MM is just insufferable. She really adds nothing to this show and I am sick of her constant whining. If she utters the words "cancel culture" one more time, I will throw something at my TV. AGGGGGH!!!! 😡😡😡😡😡

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

If she utters the words "cancel culture" one more time, I will throw something at my TV.

Have any of the panelists mentioned the Republican members of congress cancelled Liz Cheney?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size