Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/10/2021

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Went to the movies last week.  There were 8 people in a 300 seat theater, so no one was within 50ft of me let alone 6 ft.  The movie still stunk though!

11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I had the same experience. I felt totally safe.

Same here.  My local AMC opened back in January.  My movie tastes don't lean towards blockbusters, action flicks or kids movies, so the movies I saw (Nomadland, The Father, Promising Young Woman, Minari) were nearly empty and totally safe.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

She also conveniently forgot that gas prices were so low this time last year because of the lockdowns. Essential workers were basically the only ones out on the road. Now that more people are back out there working, gas prices have gone back up. Of course The Princess wouldn't get this. Yeeesh. 

I got a big rebate from my car insurance last year because I was working remotely from home, and no longer commuting. I didn't get that rebate this year - should I blame higher car insurance rates on Biden, too ? Meganutz is an idiot.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Some of us women also have personal experience with sexual abuse and have good reason to be afraid. While I agree that not all men are creepy predators, I think you are making some very broad generalizations. 

Just the opposite - I think the hosts were making some very broad generalizations since they had no facts about the man or the situation. If this girl is acting like this today, she has a very lonely, paranoid future in front of her.

1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

Some men don't take rejection well and will curse women out and may even attack you physically.. So women have every right to be wary of a strange man invading her space..

The world is full of crazy people - we see that every day on Youtube , Facebook, TikTok etc. Men and women have completely gone out of control in public for whatever reason. It has nothing to do with 'rejection' - someone grabbing the last gallon of milk in a market could get a reaction out of a stranger whether they're male or female. Live cautiously, but not paranoid - big difference. This video is showing this girl is living in paranoia.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I was going to comment on this yesterday but didn't because I didn't know the situation. However, I will piggyback off your comment. I watch and enjoy Tiktok. A big part of Tiktok is people creating scenarios or recreating scenarios that have been previously-made. I have seen a handful of Tiktok videos similar to this girl's video. (Just the day before, I had seen one in which the girl was sitting on a bus, a man asked to sit by her and proceeded with flirtatious small-talk, while the girl was uncomfortable with her eyes darting from the man to her camera.) Tiktokers make these videos for comments, likes and follows. I don't know what the situation is with the video that was made by the girl that was featured on The View, but I did go onto her Tiktok account and, a couple of days after her controversial video, she posted a video thanking everyone for 30,000 follows. I expect Meghan and Sara to understand how Tiktok works, but I can understand them being wary to offer a counterargument because then it becomes a case in which you didn't believe the woman.

I don't do Tik Tok but I have seen Tik Tok videos that friends share and the comments are always oh that is so hilarious and then I watch the video and it's not funny at all.  I  had a former co worker who would make videos and show them to me expecting me to say they were great. They were not great so I just smiled.

I've been saying for years social media has made people think they are starring in their own reality show.

When I saw the video on the View my first thought was it was a segment from 20/20 What would you do? and we would hear John Quinones voice.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The world is full of crazy people - we see that every day on Youtube , Facebook, TikTok etc. Men and women have completely gone out of control in public for whatever reason. It has nothing to do with 'rejection' - someone grabbing the last gallon of milk in a market could get a reaction out of a stranger whether they're male or female. Live cautiously, but not paranoid - big difference. This video is showing this girl is living in paranoia.

As a woman you need to be a bit paranoid when out in the world given how women are victimized in our society. It does not mean you don't live your life but the world is full of crazy people as you say. So that is all I will say on this subject before it goes off-topic pissing off the mods..

• Love 20

Meg has made plenty of disparaging comments about Jake Tapper but on the show she seemed curiously subdued.  Are her filleting knives out being sharpened?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't usually agree with Meganutz on much, but kudos to her on her responses about Liz Cheney's ouster*. Also  she made sense on why Cheney won't be able to resurrect the old GOP as a third party.

Who's idea was it to dress Sunny up like a one-room schoolteacher from 1901 ?

Jake Tapper is one of those men who grows sexier as he gets older. His 50s have been very good to him. (Though I would suggest a more youthful hair cut then what he has, as his face is very young looking).

*I'm not a Liz Cheney an at all, but I'm very impressed on how she has handled this situation and has stood up for Americans, not her party -  as Joy has pointed out repeatedly.

15 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

As a woman you need to be a bit paranoid when out in the world given how women are victimized in our society. It does not mean you don't live your life but the world is full of crazy people as you say. So that is all I will say on this subject before it goes off-topic pissing off the mods..

Paranoid and cautious are two different things. Everyone should live cautiously, no one should live in paranoia. This snowflake - as the video showed - is paranoid.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Why is it 'creepy when a dude invades your space' ? Why has socialization become so fearful with this generation of snowflakes ?

He didn't have a chance to explain or introduce himself, as she quickly went into panic mode and asked him to leave. You can hear the whole audio which she shared - he didn't get far. And when he asked her for the seat, he came across very politely. When she told him to leave, he did.

Sad to say EVERYONE jumped to assumptions about this scenario, especially the hosts. It's sad to see this buttercup generation has such a sinister look on society, and lives in fear -  not trust.

snowflake? buttercup?  really?

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meghan, don’t you dare try to put higher gas prices on Biden. It’s a supply and demand thing, Econ 101. 

The current problem with the Pipeline certainly points more towards Trump, although part of the blame probably does go back even to the Obama Admin, if we're being honest (although in turn, the Republican led Congress of the time probably takes back part of that blame).  The free ride the utility companies have had on improving their security infrastructure is the direct issue here. They've spent forever just milking maximum profits and not being made by regulation, and law, to upgrade their facilities and technology.  This is similar to the cold weatherization issue in Texas. Something cost money to do, and nobody made them do it.  

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

For whatever reason when men see a woman sitting alone somewhere they think it's an invitation to try to strike up a conversation.   Lucky for me I have a resting bitch face (even with a mask on) and most men leave me alone. 

LMAO! I get hit on MORE wearing a mask. I'm a bit insulted because I'm wondering if men think I'm a "butterface." I've also wondered if it's because my RBF is concealed.

1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

I don't do Tik Tok but I have seen Tik Tok videos that friends share and the comments are always oh that is so hilarious and then I watch the video and it's not funny at all.  I  had a former co worker who would make videos and show them to me expecting me to say they were great. They were not great so I just smiled.

Same. I don't have TikTok, but friends do send me videos. They die over them, but I don't find most of them funny tbh. I feel bad, so I normally give a "haha" or something. I tend to enjoy sharp humor/wit, and TikTok is full of plain silliness. And no, my friends are not teenagers.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

But why should this girl have to accommodate this man at all?  Why is a man’s desire to talk to her greater than her right to not be bothered?  A lot of us have been dodging and weaving to avoid JW’s and Mormons for years. I get they believe that it is their duty to proselytize.  Well I have no such duty to humor these people as they drone on.  Religion and faith can be a very private matter, and even dangerous at times, and no one has the right to question or challenge me on my beliefs. 

And the female “snowflake”s and “buttercup generation”, as you refer to them, have shockingly high rates of having been molested, sexually harassed, sexually intimidated, and sexually assaulted.  We have been striving for years to teach females that they have a right to say no. That they are not obligated to nervously smile and endure the discomfort.  That they have agency over themselves, and they do not need to put their own feelings of discomfort aside for fear of making a man uncomfortable.  

I have no idea what this girl’s motivation was (nor the man’s), but I certainly have been in her place of just trying to mind my own business, reluctantly engaging with a man so he doesn’t feel bad.  Dismissing my own instincts for fear of causing insult. 

She doesn't have to accommodate him at all. His 'desire' to talk to her is not greater than her right to be bothered, but starting a conversation with someone is a first step in something called 'socializing', a lost skill in today's snowflake generation  - why is she so paranoid and fearful of that ? Why is everyone's assumption his intentions were no good ?  If he was there to proselytize, and he very well could be, all she had to do is respond politely (as he was polite to her) with 'Thanks, but I'm not interested.' I think she would have done that to an older woman, a younger woman, a younger man, or a peer of either sex. Why is she so afraid of an 'older man' who was politely socializing with her ?  It's obvious he didn't hit on her, he didn't insult her, he didn't threaten her in any way. Why was her natural reaction to panic ? 

Sad to say, there have been "shockingly high rates" of  women "having been molested, sexually harassed, sexually intimidated, and sexually assaulted" since Jesus walked the earth. I've never said this was acceptable, what I've said is everyone should 'live cautiously' not 'in fear'.  If this snowflake is going to react this way throughout the rest of her life towards any 'older man' who approaches her or strikes up a conversation with her, fearing he's automatically up to no good, she may as well lock all the doors and windows in her house and never venture out into the world. 

And I think we have all been in the situation where we've been approached by a stranger - male or female, young or old - while we've been 'trying to mind our own business, and reluctantly engaging with this stranger so they don't feel bad', as you say. Imagine if we all assumed they had devious intentions, and went into panic mode, instead of engaging or dismissing them politely ? 

snowflake? buttercup?  really?

Very, very really. She needs to change her perspective and not be so fragile if she wishes to participate in society.

• Love 3

But why should this girl have to accommodate this man at all?  Why is a man’s desire to talk to her greater than her right to not be bothered?  A lot of us have been dodging and weaving to avoid JW’s and Mormons for years. I get they believe that it is their duty to proselytize.  Well I have no such duty to humor these people as they drone on.  Religion and faith can be a very private matter, and even dangerous at times, and no one has the right to question or challenge me on my beliefs. 

And the female “snowflake”s and “buttercup generation”, as you refer to them, have shockingly high rates of having been molested, sexually harassed, sexually intimidated, and sexually assaulted.  We have been striving for years to teach females that they have a right to say no. That they are not obligated to nervously smile and endure the discomfort.  That they have agency over themselves, and they do not need to put their own feelings of discomfort aside for fear of making a man uncomfortable.  

I have no idea what this girl’s motivation was (nor the man’s), but I certainly have been in her place of just trying to mind my own business, reluctantly engaging with a man so he doesn’t feel bad.  Dismissing my own instincts for fear of causing insult. 

Brilliant.  And why is it anyones business WHY someone doesn't like a strange person sidling up to them?  

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

If this snowflake is going to react this way throughout the rest of her life towards any 'older man' who approaches her or strikes up a conversation with her, fearing he's automatically up to no good, she may as well lock all the doors and windows in her house and never venture out into the world. 

Did the video show the man? I only heard his voice. Maybe there was something about the man that unnerved the young woman.  I'm not going to judge her reaction. She is entitled to feel any way she wants.

• Love 18
(edited)

Liz Cheney is not "generations" older than MeAgain, she is only 18 years older (and 12 years younger than Meggie's own mother)! Barely one generation older.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

👏👏👏👏👏

20210428_162400.jpg

• Love 12
14 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Went to the movies last week.  There were 8 people in a 300 seat theater, so no one was within 50ft of me let alone 6 ft.  The movie still stunk though!

Just out of curiosity, what was the movie? 😂

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Just out of curiosity, what was the movie

Wrath of Man.  I should've followed SugarBaker Design's lead and gone to see Minari.  What movie did you see, RealHousewife?

• Love 1

To bring this TikTok video back to the show, I was annoyed that while Sara and Sunny got to comment on it, Ana got cut off. She had just opened her mouth to speak when Whoopi announced they had to go to commercial. When they came back, it was VYD. 🥱 

It's hard enough (basically impossible) for women much older to be able to tell who's dangerous and who's not, the perfect balance between living life and being cautious, being polite and looking after your own safety. None of us are psychic. Most men are good, but there are too many dangerous ones out there. All of this is obviously much more difficult for someone who's scarcely more than a kid. If I had a young daughter, I'd rather her be "paranoid" and safe than give benefit of the doubt, especially to a man much older than her, getting in her space. 

• Love 17

I wish they switched up the order more of how the ladies get to speak/do their speeches. It’s the only thing that would bring some element of surprise. 

We also don’t need Whoopi taking airtime trying to fumble a question to each Host to keep the topic going. It’s awkward and makes no sense.

Also, Whoopi looks visibly annoyed and ready for Sunny to wrap up whatever she is saying way more than when the other hosts go off. And often Sunny is who I want to hear from the most. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I’ll be getting my second vaccination Thursday, but I don’t plan on not wearing my mask anytime soon. I live in a red state, and I hate to think anyone would mistake me for an anti-science moron, going maskless because FREEDOM. 

In my Province, the Health Services are requiring fully vaxxed people to wear masks because they are not certain  yet whether fully vaxxed people can still carry the virus, not get sick but could still spread it.

It's just so crazy that people are turning this into a political issue. And MeAgain saying that she won't wear the mask is jeapardizing other people's health. Doesn't that matter to her?

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, bannana said:

And MeAgain saying that she won't wear the mask is jeapardizing other people's health. Doesn't that matter to her?

I'm guessing this is a rhetorical question. If it's not the answer is no.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Did they ever think he may have been a Jehovah's Witness and was 'witnessing' in that public place, and was going to invite her to his church ?  Or maybe he was a Christian who was going to invite her to a Bible Study group ? Or possibly belonged to another religion and was going to invite her to his gathering ??

You know, from my perspective, this is even more offensive when it happens. If I open my front door and they are there to save my soul, I close the door without saying a word.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, bannana said:

In my Province, the Health Services are requiring fully vaxxed people to wear masks because they are not certain  yet whether fully vaxxed people can still carry the virus, not get sick but could still spread it.

That's exactly why. And it's exactly what Dr. Fauci, Dr. Jha, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Dr. Vin Gupta have said. Dr. Jha, on this show said it, when Twatty was on the show--that even those who get vaccinated, could be asymptomatic carriers and give the virus to those who aren't vaccinated. And even fully vaccinated can get the virus--just not so bad that you're hospitalized or die from it. Hence the "90-95% efficacy".

• Love 8

OMG, how many times did Jake Tapper mention MeAgain???  Was it really necessary for him to include her when commenting about Senator Romney and Representative Cheyney?  Puttting her on a level playing field with two elected officials is the reason her ego continues to grow by leaps and bounds.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

OMG, how many times did Jake Tapper mention MeAgain???  Was it really necessary for him to include her when commenting about Senator Romney and Representative Cheyney?  Puttting her on a level playing field with two elected officials is the reason her ego continues to grow by leaps and bounds.

That's why you could literally see her feathers puffing out like a peacock. Ugh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

9 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

That's why you could literally see her feathers puffing out like a peacock. Ugh.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bannana said:

This X's 1000%.  Also, this virus has mutated and become more dangerous.  We need to keep wearing masks because we need to protect others.  It's the humane and patriotic thing to do.  Why can't HRH Meghan, Princess of Arizona understand this.  

This pandemic has been horrible to live through.  Almost 600,000 Americans have died because of it.  If wearing a mask until everyone is vaccinated is what we need to do to make us all safe, than we need to stop whining and just do it.  

• Love 20
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Liz Cheney is not "generations" older than MeAgain, she is only 18 years older (and 12 years younger than Meggie's own mother)! Barely one generation older.

Is perhaps misrepresenting Liz Cheney's age (maybe aligning her closer to MyFather?) part of this ridiculous reinvention of her? 

I'm amazed to find myself saying this, but Meghan isn't even the most guilty of this on the panel. Liz Cheney historically has supported things that should never be forgiven, but suddenly she's praised to high heaven by the entire panel for just the most recent thing she's done crossing the line into reasonableness.

You know, actually that's the same attitude they had towards John McCain.  I guess this all makes sense. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Brilliant.  And why is it anyones business WHY someone doesn't like a strange person sidling up to them?  

Because this girl posted on TikTok, thanking her 30,000 followers - so obviously she made it other people's business when she was looking for the attention.

Most men are good, but there are too many dangerous ones out there. All of this is obviously much more difficult for someone who's scarcely more than a kid.

If you switch 'men' with 'people', you will have a valid point. Most PEOPLE are good, but there are too many dangerous ones out there.

You know, from my perspective, this is even more offensive when it happens. If I open my front door and they are there to save my soul, I close the door without saying a word.

Exactly my point. You may feel offensive, but not in fear of your life by these visitors. You don't jump into panic mode over this, like this girl did.

Did the video show the man? I only heard his voice. Maybe there was something about the man that unnerved the young woman.  I'm not going to judge her reaction. She is entitled to feel any way she wants.

The video did not show the man. We only heard his voice, which sounded kind and polite. Maybe there was something to unnerve the young woman, and maybe there wasn't...we will never know. She can react any way she wants, BUT the hosts of this show should be much more responsible. Much more responsible - and fair to him.

BTW, I wonder if Whoopi and Sunny would react the same way if it was revealed this man was a POC?  I wonder what Sunny would say about this girl's fearful reaction ? Hmmmm....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

It does show how easy Meghan is to manipulate. 

• Love 8
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Is perhaps misrepresenting Liz Cheney's age (maybe aligning her closer to MyFather?) part of this ridiculous reinvention of her? 

I'm amazed to find myself saying this, but Meghan isn't even the most guilty of this on the panel. Liz Cheney historically has supported things that should never be forgiven, but suddenly she's praised to high heaven by the entire panel for just the most recent thing she's done crossing the line into reasonableness.

You know, actually that's the same attitude they had towards John McCain.  I guess this all makes sense. 

Thank you for saying that.  Why must you be praised for doing the right thing, you should do it, period.  The panel can be annoying with that crap.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Thank you for saying that.  Why must you be praised for doing the right thing, you should do it, period.  The panel can be annoying with that crap.

Annoying indeed. Or even if you give credit, is it so hard to say "I agree with Liz Cheney on virtually nothing, but I'm glad she did the right thing this time". Stop tossing around words like "brave" as if they're not only her due, but also like a magic wand to her reputation. 

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, Kromm said:

You are right. The panel seems to forget that Liz had been pretty quiet until recently. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Annoying indeed. Or even if you give credit, is it so hard to say "I agree with Liz Cheney on virtually nothing, but I'm glad she did the right thing this time". Stop tossing around words like "brave" as if they're not only her due, but also like a magic wand to her reputation. 

It is not just the ladies of the view who are doing this, it is all over the internet and I just want to scream shut the hell up..

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

It must be McCain's personality that makes her come across much younger than she actually is.

4 hours ago, geekburger said:

Also, Whoopi looks visibly annoyed and ready for Sunny to wrap up whatever she is saying way more than when the other hosts go off. And often Sunny is who I want to hear from the most. 

I've noticed that, too. Maybe it's because everyone's already annoyed by the one co-host eating up airtime regularly that Whoopi doesn't want the other co-hosts doing the same thing. Often it feels like Sunny and Sara get to speak less than the others, which isn't really fair.They should put timers that count down on everyone's camera if they want to fix the problem, and the person's camera is muted as soon as their time is up, lol. They'd learn pretty fast to follow the routine that way.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Or that typically, gas prices do go up during the summer. Ignorant maroon.

Or that Biden didn’t create the random demand on a private company by a foreign agent.

• Love 7
On 5/11/2021 at 6:16 PM, AryasMum said:

I’ll be getting my second vaccination Thursday, but I don’t plan on not wearing my mask anytime soon. I live in a red state, and I hate to think anyone would mistake me for an anti-science moron, going maskless because FREEDOM. 

I don't get my second vax for a couple of weeks, but I will approach my reemergence into society in the same way.

Meghan is going to be shocked when the virus doesn't pat her on the head and say, "Great job! Because you made such a huge sacrifice by wearing a mask, you can finally do whatever you want now -- you earned it!" Personally, I wish she'd wear a mask forever to muffle all of the nonsense she spews on a daily basis. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, Kromm said:

I was confused by the way Meghan talked about Liz Cheney too. I thought I must have pegged her as younger than she is. Maybe Meghan goes by decades when she says generations and rounds up? IDK, but Meghan is a millennial and Liz is generation X. Meghan always talked about MyFather as if he were much younger than he was, and even Cindy has more than a decade on Liz, so I find it strange Meghan talked about her as if she's ancient. 

Anyhow, I completely agree. This is actually one thing that really annoys me about the show. Meghan doesn't describe the politics of everyone correctly (seriously, Joy Behar is not that liberal missy!), but she's right the rest of them more or less have similar views (with the exception of Ana). I think a lot of people in mainstream media sort of jump on the bandwagon of "this person is awesome for being honest about this" or "this man is a hero for that." When either Whoopi, Joy, Sunny or Sara leaves, I think the spot should be filled by a progressive. 

When it comes to things you should be doing, in the words of Chris Rock: You're supposed to, you dumb m*****f****r! Whaddya want? A cookie? 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4