Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
AnimeMania

S01.E08: How it All Ends

Recommended Posts

As Walter's situation grows dire, Sheldon and Brandon join forces in a do-or-die showdown with a supervillain. Hutch runs into trouble during a heist.
Airdate: May 7, 2021

Share this post


Link to post

Well that was a stupid and stupidly convoluted plan. I mean it's not like Sheldon is unkillable. He barely made it out alive in the fight with the clone Blackstar. Why is good old fashioned murder suddenly not good enough anymore?

How did Walter even know that Brandon would kill the clone Blackstar. He couldn't have. But his whole plan hinged on it. Man this is a mess.

So I guess it will turned George was really innocent and Walter framed him, for the other crimes, too?

Also how did George's son up with the teleport-rod when it wasn't his dads? I mean it seems like the aliens gave it to one specific guy. I could see his son getting it through the blood relation, but how would it bond to another guys son?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It says a lot about Sheldon that the closest people in his life, his wife and two kids, can't stand him at the end of the season. The only person who seems to be on his side is his brother, who is a psychopath manipulating him. 

I was more interested in the storylines involving George and his son Hutch than the Sampsons. Hutch is a badass even without powers. And flashback George appears to be a kind soul and a good friend. 

How old is Chloe supposed to be? Her rebellion seems like a phase from a 16-year-old, with the eye rolls and scoffing. We get it, your father is a controlling ass. No need to be a constant brat. Brandon, that sweet boy, has a tinge of unhinged on him. They really raised their kids right. /s

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So who gave all the supervillains their powers?  Were the men left on the boat affected by the shock wave coming from the island, thereby creating the villains?  If so, pretty sloppy workmanship on the part of the aliens.

I would have liked more scenes of the Union starting their activities in the thirties.  That could be a series in itself.

I was really getting tired of Chloe's "poor little rich girl" act.  I've no patience for people who have it all and can't appreciate it.

So another show that ends with a cliffhanger, making the series just a teaser for a possible season 2.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Zonk said:

Well that was a stupid and stupidly convoluted plan. I mean it's not like Sheldon is unkillable. He barely made it out alive in the fight with the clone Blackstar. Why is good old fashioned murder suddenly not good enough anymore?

How did Walter even know that Brandon would kill the clone Blackstar. He couldn't have. But his whole plan hinged on it. Man this is a mess.

So I guess it will turned George was really innocent and Walter framed him, for the other crimes, too?

Also how did George's son up with the teleport-rod when it wasn't his dads? I mean it seems like the aliens gave it to one specific guy. I could see his son getting it through the blood relation, but how would it bond to another guys son?

Walt's presumed agenda is to pave the way to destroy the Code (no killing, no ruling) so that he and whichever supers side with him can make the world "right." Merely killing Sheldon does not accomplish that goal and in fact could make him a martyr and more fully enshrine his stupid Code. It also may be the case that he doesn't want to murder Sheldon; after all, he still may have some love for his brother.. Also, Sheldon still does seem pretty unkillable. 

Walt didn't necessarily need to know that Brandon in particular would kill clone Blackstar. He just had to set up a situation where he presented a threat that was so big, so lethal and so unable to be reasoned/bargained with that there would be a temptation to break the Code. It  presumably didn't matter to him if it was Brandon who did it, Chloe, or some other Super. (presumably he believes that Sheldon simply would not break his own code after 90 years). Indeed, arguably he didn't need clone Blackstar to be killed. He just needed to sow dissension about whether the Code was a good thing, which could have been accomplished as well after clone Blackstar killed three supers. It seems like somehow they have not had to deal with the deaths of supers, at least on this scale, till now.

But assuming for argument's sake that Walt specifically wanted to base his whole plan on Brandon killing clone Blackstar, that's pretty feasible too. He is a mind reader, not that he needed particularly to be one to know Brandon's personality and readiness. It's totally reasonable to expect, if not outright know as a mind reader, that if push came to shove and Sheldon's life was in danger, Brandon had both the strength and impulsiveness to cave in clone Blackstar's head. Since he to some extent controlled the clone, he could even have arranged it to die on what was not a particularly deadly blow by Brandon if we want to go deep into the fanwanking. In other words, the fatal blow that Brandon struck might not have been any harder than Sheldon or any of the others struck. But to the extent that having Brandon be the one to break the Code 

My completely speculative theory is that Walt had brainwashed George on some level to use him as a proxy for all the fights about the Code early on and then made him do a face-heel turn. The George in the flashbacks did not seem the sort of guy who would have those concerns and also seemed to be down with whatever Sheldon wanted. Walt has apparently been trying for years to undermine Sheldon in this theory but was too afraid to confront him directly.

I am assuming that Power Rod Guy has been killed, possibly by George, and that George gave Hutch the device. It's possible that there was more than one rod created. One thing I wonder about is about Hutch not having any powers. It seems like most other children of supers have no problem inheriting powers. Is he lying about being powerless, is he not a biological child of George, or is there some particular reason he's a squib?

14 hours ago, waving feather said:

It says a lot about Sheldon that the closest people in his life, his wife and two kids, can't stand him at the end of the season. The only person who seems to be on his side is his brother, who is a psychopath manipulating him. 

I was more interested in the storylines involving George and his son Hutch than the Sampsons. Hutch is a badass even without powers. And flashback George appears to be a kind soul and a good friend. 

How old is Chloe supposed to be? Her rebellion seems like a phase from a 16-year-old, with the eye rolls and scoffing. We get it, your father is a controlling ass. No need to be a constant brat. Brandon, that sweet boy, has a tinge of unhinged on him. They really raised their kids right. /s

I don't know if I would go so far as to say that Brandon can't stand Sheldon. I think that it read to me that Brandon understood where Sheldon was coming from. 

I concur that Hutch and his gang of friends were far more interesting seeming than the good guy supes. One of the few times I enjoyed Chloe was in this episode when she came to Hutch's rescue. 

6 hours ago, cdnalor said:

So who gave all the supervillains their powers?  Were the men left on the boat affected by the shock wave coming from the island, thereby creating the villains?  If so, pretty sloppy workmanship on the part of the aliens.

I would have liked more scenes of the Union starting their activities in the thirties.  That could be a series in itself.

I was really getting tired of Chloe's "poor little rich girl" act.  I've no patience for people who have it all and can't appreciate it.

So another show that ends with a cliffhanger, making the series just a teaser for a possible season 2.

I'd imagine that over the 90 years or so since the OG Union got empowered things played out like many comic universes: there were various other developments of tech, bio-engineering, etc. that led to other superbeings, along with good old fashioned biological transmission of abilities. There was a glowy bit on board the ship that suggested that the people there might have been irradiated too. 

It kinda felt like the show was the origin story of the OG Union smooshed together with the modern day generational clash, and I also preferred the OG Union story. The one issue I had with it was that it was anachronistic. Characters talking about wanting to be "heard" and in particular Fitz generally being thought of and treated as an equal by everybody but the one dickhead on the boat stand out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The concept of the Code being at the center of everything that goes on this season makes the show more interesting for me. Not for anything the show itself did, because I think it still didn't directly execute these things all that well. But because it speaks to broader points about superheroes and killing.

In the beginning of the genre in the 1930s (and I think it's not a coincidence that our OG heroes come from that erra), at least Batman had no problem killing people. But then for most of the next few decades, pretty much he and all superheroes had a strict no-killing rule. Eventually, there cropped up characters like Wolverine and the Punisher, who kill regularly. Fast-forward to the modern era and you have the MCU characters, many of whom have explicitly or implicitly killed and who do not generally seem to have a no-killing rule. You have the DC characters who nominally have a no-killing rule but in most of their live-action incarnations (and particularly under Zack Snyder) use force that would logically put people at risk of death or great bodily harm even when there isn't a need for it.

Against this backdrop, it is interesting to think about heroes who explicitly take up a no-killing-ever mantra.

But among the many places the show falls down is not saying a) why they took up that mantra in the first place b) what the challenges in maintaining that Code in the face of reality and c) what happens when you break the Code.

In his talk with rando supervillain, Sheldon basically said that he came up with the Code because his dad was a bad guy and he wanted to be good. Fair enough. But presumably he knew that sometimes killing in the defense of others is justified. It would have made Sheldon and the show a lot more interesting if it showed or even talked about why he was so inflexible on this, that there had been times that he was tempted to break the Code but knew he didn't, that the notion that effectively by letting super bad guys live, they were morally responsible for the deaths they caused, etc. 

Also, it seems to me that at least some people would have misgivings about this Code straightaway or at least after dealing with reality. Being in the Union is cool and all, but if it means that people can't use lethal force when they might need to, I would think that many would pass.

But then there is the element of actual Code-breakers. Nothing really happens to Brandon for his breaking the Code. He gets put on time out on the farm for a bit. But no civilian authorities (as far as we know) even question him. He isn't kicked out of the Union. And the show could have used more time to show the struggle he had with having been raised with this no-kill value and feeling like he had no choice but to break it, wanting to grow up to be his father but then violating the number one rule.

But it is further undermined by the notion that Walt's daughter is a frigging contract killer who they know how to find and at least on the surface are OK with paying $1 million to. How is the Code anything but a joke if you are unwilling to bring to justice a known murderer-for-hire? It starts to smack of the notion that there is extreme favoritism. No killing is a Code for most supers, but if you are related to Sheldon and Walt, you get a pass.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

If anything the concept of the Code and the multigenerational aspect of The Union is probably the most interesting thing about the show.   Why is Sheldon hanging on to the code so strongly that he would let his own son die?  Plus the possible civil war being gaslit by Walt is kinda fascinating.  I am definitely down for a second season.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

"We do not govern" is perfectly understandable. And if the other code is "we do not kill non-supes", or "we do not abuse our powers", I will understand that as well since there's a big difference in ability and strength between supes and non-supes. But strictly in battle against other super-powered people? Self-defence or defence of others should be allowable. 

I cringed more when I see Chloe using/abusing her powers or her friend's powers to intimidate non-supes. Like throwing a car or threatening her landlord. Even if they weren't killed, that's a big abuse of powers. And for that Chloe is trash to me. Knowing the genre tropes, she'll probably be redeemed later on, the bad girl turned good kind of thing. Meh.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I literally hate Chloe. I skipped all scenes with her and by extension, Hutch. 
 

I find the original members more interesting. It helps that due to flashbacks and present day scenes, those characters have arcs, mysteries and multiple sides to their personalities. But it’s like the show put more of their casting budget for the older actors. 

The younger characters are all variations of whiney. Not all of them are as awful as Chloe (and, yes, I loathed the landlord scene). All the interesting younger characters are seemingly dead. 
 

But I am in for a second season. I enjoyed the flashbacks. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

While the younger gen is annoying, maybe we could've seen more of them discussing the code and Sheldon's leadership. Instead of seeing them just partying and being killed in fights. We saw not all of them are just in it for the fame. Ghost beam was one of the more interesting ones and they killed her off for Grace to have a moral dilemma. I guess I'm in the minority but I kind of liked Chloe. I liked Hutch too despite his stupid hair. His magic teleporting stick is interesting too. How did he get it, if the other red cross guy had it originally? And is that guy dead? 

Also what is Brandon's special power? They all seem to have flight, strength and varying degrees of a durability and a special power, like laser eyes, phasing, heat, ice, sonic scream, mind control, etc...

Walter's plan also makes no sense, unless he can predict the outcome. He cloned Blackstar in hopes that Brandon would kill him and did he fake being trapped in the clones head and made up a scenario where he could  fight a fake George. I mean no one else could see that but him or was that for his daughters benefit since she wasn't part of the original plan. 

It seems the only part if the code Sheldon is so ridged on is the no killing. Because he says they have to care about people but he only seems to know the other heroes by their hero names. Whenever anyone uses their real names, he's like, who? Unless he doesn't think of the other heroes as people and he only means un-powered people. If that's the case I don't know why any of the younger heroes follow him. He doesn't care if they or die. He only cares that they don't kill the bad guys. 

This show has its issues but overall I'm interested in seeing more. I do think they should've put as much effort into the modern story that they did with the 1930's one. The modern one didn't seem to have much going for it. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I am surprised that people can hate Chloe so much when I thought that the character definition in the show was abysmal. I have no idea who these people are or what they can or can not do. There was no explanation of their powers, their daily life, their area range of superhero activity, structure of the Union, what crises they are concerned with, why anybody would want to join (is it a paid gig), who are members and if there are alternatives. 

I thought it was weird that wheelchair guy would use that mode of conveyance when he can "probably" still be able to fly. I think they chose a wheelchair to hammer home that he was injured/paralyzed. Especially since in this day and age of computers and robotics, wheelchair guy would probably be able to use his light for fiber optic highest speed data transmission and his thirst for knowledge and knowledge of machines should have made him one of the most powerful/useful if not one of the most interesting of superheroes.

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I find it sad that most of them follow the "code" of a guy who to me is not quite sane. He had a psychotic break in the flashbacks after his father committed suicide in front of him and IMO never fully recovered from that.  All his reasoning is dubious to me.

And yes, I also find it bizarre that it's okay to just stand by and let your younger generation be brutally killed because of some inflexible code.

I know Walter betrayed his brother because of long-standing resentment and jealousy but he is not wrong in his thinking that Sheldon shouldn't be in charge.

I hope we get a second season because I want to know where George is and what became of him.  Matt Lanter is doing a terrific job with that character.  I don't believe George turned on them - they must have turned on him.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Considering Sheldon's unreasonable belief in his code all George would have to have done was kill a bad guy for Sheldon to turn on him. However I think Walt has been framing George this whole time or used his mind powers to make George turn. Since he doesn't want anyone loyal to Sheldon around. 

Hutch was told from his mom that the Union turned on his father. So I can believe that they all turned on him because of Sheldon. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/10/2021 at 5:37 PM, waving feather said:

"We do not govern" is perfectly understandable.

I don't see any reason why a super shouldn't be able to run for a democratic office. The same checks and balances would rein them in as anyone. 

On 5/11/2021 at 7:53 AM, Sakura12 said:

Walter's plan also makes no sense, unless he can predict the outcome. He cloned Blackstar in hopes that Brandon would kill him and did he fake being trapped in the clones head and made up a scenario where he could  fight a fake George. I mean no one else could see that but him or was that for his daughters benefit since she wasn't part of the original plan. 

I think Walter's plan makes perfect sense. He wants people to question the Code and doubt Sheldon's leadership so he can take over.

So he conjures up a threat powerful enough to kill supers and put them in a position where they will be tempted to break the Code as it's kill or be killed. 

He does not need to have engineered the specific outcome that Brandon is the one to kill Blackstar. All he needs to have done is create a situation that he can manage in which clone Blackstar kills or threatens to kill enough people/supers that people go "Why are we following Utopian and his Code again?" That seed of doubt gets planted in numerous variants of this scenario, including ones in which no actual supers get killed. It just is brought into sharp relief with Brandon being the one to do the killing. 

He totally faked being trapped in the clone's head and having the battle with Psychic George to try to dupe his daughter. Presumably, if Grace hadn't invited daughter along, he would have durdled around some and then claimed he saw what he saw was something pointing to George being behind clone Blackstar.

Share this post


Link to post

I liked this series- I thought the concept as cool, the acting/writing was solid and the cinematography was amazing, it was visually beautiful. 
 

But I thought the pacing was WAY off and we didn’t get enough world building for season 1. I would likely watch more if I didn’t have anything else going on but I’m not going to be on pins and needles until season 2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I agree that the pacing is off and they spent way too much time on Sheldon and his hallucinations. It just got very depressing and boring after a while. It's not even as if his hallucination dead father was saying anything new or revealing each time. It's the same dialogue over and over again. It's fine if they have a 20 episode season. But they spent the entire season on Sheldon's hallucinations and to get to the island to get their powers. A giant waste of majority of the season. 

The acting was great from everyone though. I like all the actors. Except for the Chloe actress who overacted at times. Girl doesn't know subtlety.

On a shallow note, Matt Lanter looks so much better as a blonde. Who knew! Just stunning.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I love superhero shows, but this wasn't a superhero show. It was a show about a whiny, stubborn, narcissistic asshole who wants his whole family to kowtow to him. The no killing code is ridiculous, and his bible thumping is driving me batty. I'll be reading in the other room if hubs watches this again. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The Island portion was so rushed. It needed at least one more episode to breathe. 
Who else thinks that Skyfox is dead, and has been dead since Hutch was 12?

Just realized that Hutch is literally Hutch Hutchense!?!

Share this post


Link to post

At the end of the series, the only people I still liked were Hutch, Chloe, Petra and Brandon. Basically the young "legacy". The old guys are all various degrees of disappointing. Except maybe Skyfox/George who is probably Dead All Along, murdered by Walter and framed as a supervillain. I hope the show gets renewed because despite some slow parts, it is an interesting premise that I've never seen explored before, and I want to see what happens next. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

or at least pull that stringy stuff back out of his face.  I can never understand why the media always depicts fighters, etc. with their hair hanging in their face.   Always strikes me as stupid because it would interfere with being able to see their surroundings.

Share this post


Link to post

I can't stand Chloe. It's got to be the actress, because I love Walter and I should probably hate him.

But then, Ben Daniels can act and the actress playing Chloe is obnoxious and incapable of layers. I also equally dislike Matt Lanter. He and Abigail Spencer so repelled me in Timeless that I refused to watch the final season of that show. Every single character he has played that I have seen, comes off smarmy and smug. Pretty sure that is not the intent, but there it is. And considering his character in Timeless, on paper, is nothing like George, I blame the actor .

As far as George, compared to Walter, I am sure I am supposed to see George as a good guy. I don't. In fact, to me, he's nothing but a bully. Only a bully would threaten to throw a man out a window, when that man's father had just jumped off a ledge days before. Only a bully would tell a group of strangers about that same man's emotional/mental issues. He's a verbally abusive,  bullying jerk. And because he's so awful, I just don't care about anything Walter has done to him. George completely deserves it. I don't think he's dead yet, but he may be later.

I don't agree with what Walter is doing, but I get him. I understand it. His idea isn't wrong. The execution is what's tragic. And dang if Ben Daniels didn't make me cry in that scene on the island. He, and Josh, and the sad dynamic with those two brothers, are the only reasons I will watch season two.

The writing isn't great. One minute Walter is so powerful he can fake all that in the last two episodes, but he's still faking being loyal to Sheldon ? It doesn't feel right. I do think he wasn't faking it all. I think it got out of his control, and that is foreshadowing his downfall. How he has these great plaaaans, but the execution of those plans never goes right.

Grace and Walter's relationship is interesting.

She may be the only vulnerability he has left.

 

Edited by IWantCandy71

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

the actress playing Chloe is obnoxious and incapable of layers.

Chloe is obnoxious. Seriously doubt you know Elena Kampouris enough to pass judgment on her personality. 

Edited by ursula
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/24/2021 at 5:02 PM, ursula said:

Chloe is obnoxious. Seriously doubt you know Elena Kampouris enough to pass judgment on her personality. 

I've seen interviews.

And I've seen people online make far harsher judgements about an actor based on less than that.

In her defense, she's young and probably just happy to have a job.

And in the interest of positivity, she's very pretty.

Edited by IWantCandy71

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/24/2021 at 8:53 AM, IWantCandy71 said:

I can't stand Chloe. It's got to be the actress, because I love Walter and I should probably hate him.

But then, Ben Daniels can act and the actress playing Chloe is obnoxious and incapable of layers. I also equally dislike Matt Lanter. He and Abigail Spencer so repelled me in Timeless that I refused to watch the final season of that show. Every single character he has played that I have seen, comes off smarmy and smug. Pretty sure that is not the intent, but there it is. And considering his character in Timeless, on paper, is nothing like George, I blame the actor .

As far as George, compared to Walter, I am sure I am supposed to see George as a good guy. I don't. In fact, to me, he's nothing but a bully. Only a bully would threaten to throw a man out a window, when that man's father had just jumped off a ledge days before. Only a bully would tell a group of strangers about that same man's emotional/mental issues. He's a verbally abusive,  bullying jerk. And because he's so awful, I just don't care about anything Walter has done to him. George completely deserves it. I don't think he's dead yet, but he may be later.

I don't agree with what Walter is doing, but I get him. I understand it. His idea isn't wrong. The execution is what's tragic. And dang if Ben Daniels didn't make me cry in that scene on the island. He, and Josh, and the sad dynamic with those two brothers, are the only reasons I will watch season two.

The writing isn't great. One minute Walter is so powerful he can fake all that in the last two episodes, but he's still faking being loyal to Sheldon ? It doesn't feel right. I do think he wasn't faking it all. I think it got out of his control, and that is foreshadowing his downfall. How he has these great plaaaans, but the execution of those plans never goes right.

Grace and Walter's relationship is interesting.

She may be the only vulnerability he has left.

 

Somehow you got your wires crossed in your belief that George is the villain here instead of Walter.  Walter set George up so that everybody would believe him to be the villain.  Walter killed his own daughter.  This last episode made it very clear that Walter has been deceiving his brother and everybody else the entire season.

And I don't like Chloe either but the actor is only playing the material she's been given.

I know Matt Lanter previously from his voice acting as Anakin Skywalker which I thought was fine and I like his George. I don't think he comes across as smug.  

Edited by magdalene

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, magdalene said:

Somehow you got your wires crossed in your belief that George is the villain here instead of Walter.  Walter set George up so that everybody would believe him to be the villain.  Walter killed his own daughter.  This last episode made it very clear that Walter has been deceiving his brother and everybody else the entire season.

And I don't like Chloe either but the actor is only playing the material she's been given.

I know Matt Lanter previously from his voice acting as Anakin Skywalker which I thought was fine and I like his George. I don't think he comes across as smug.  

No, I didn't get my wires crossed.

I'm fully aware of everything Walter has done.

I'm also fully aware of what a jerk George is.

A person who mocks someone for a mental health issue is a bully.

A person who outs those issues to strangers out of pettiness and spite is a jerk who deserves whatever is coming to him.

Period.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah that’s done.  Very stretched out origin story and wasted time on Chloe getting high.

And Walter plays the very long game.  Why not just team up with sky fox in the first place and say f it to the code no one cares about except for controlling Sheldon.  And we are supposed to like Sheldon because?

I do wonder what happened to the first guy with the rod and how hutch got it.  
 

no one got healing powers?  That’s a waste.

I guess villains and others (boat guys) got more minor powers?

how does the union make money?  Good investments from their failed company they got kicked out of and lost house in the 30’s?

plot just full of holes and thin characters 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Hanahope said:

Yeah that’s done.  Very stretched out origin story and wasted time on Chloe getting high.

And Walter plays the very long game.  Why not just team up with sky fox in the first place and say f it to the code no one cares about except for controlling Sheldon.  And we are supposed to like Sheldon because?

I do wonder what happened to the first guy with the rod and how hutch got it.  
 

no one got healing powers?  That’s a waste.

I guess villains and others (boat guys) got more minor powers?

how does the union make money?  Good investments from their failed company they got kicked out of and lost house in the 30’s?

plot just full of holes and thin characters 

 

 

I actually don't think we're supposed to like Sheldon. It's why some of us are rooting, at least a little bit, for Walter. Walter is not wrong.

But Walter shouldn't be in charge, either. Grace or Fitz are the only ones I'd even trust to pet sit, much less lead anyone.

Josh Duhamel is doing a great job at making him seem like the arrogant, entitled, spoiled control freak brat that he is.

I wondered about money as well, but Walter's millions could easily be gained by gambling since he can read minds.

I am assuming they will explain that in season 2 if they get one.

Edited by IWantCandy71

Share this post


Link to post

None of the characters are likeable at all.  Hutch is about the closest.

But how is anyone supposed to defeat walter when he can enter their minds at will and kill them?  Sheldon is apparently the only one with immunity.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/28/2021 at 3:37 PM, Hanahope said:

None of the characters are likeable at all.  Hutch is about the closest.

But how is anyone supposed to defeat walter when he can enter their minds at will and kill them?  Sheldon is apparently the only one with immunity.  

The actress who plays Raiku outed on Twitter that Raiku isn't really dead.

Which means Walter might be smart and powerful, but not infallible.

 

What a shame the show was canceled. A little tweaking and it could have been great.

Share this post


Link to post

It’s sad to watch the whole season already knowing there won’t be a season 2.

I agree that The Code, in the complexity of today’s world, should have been the center of this show. The origin story was a distraction that, IMO, ended the series. It could have waited.

I’m not sure why Walter is making his move now, vs. any other time, but his philosophical battle with Sheldon reminds me of the similar struggle in Babylon 5, on a more personal level. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/8/2021 at 7:15 PM, Ottis said:

It’s sad to watch the whole season already knowing there won’t be a season 2.

I agree that The Code, in the complexity of today’s world, should have been the center of this show. The origin story was a distraction that, IMO, ended the series. It could have waited.

I’m not sure why Walter is making his move now, vs. any other time, but his philosophical battle with Sheldon reminds me of the similar struggle in Babylon 5, on a more personal level. 

I honestly think Walter is conflicted.

Remember that in one of the earlier episodes,  Walter is still trying to get Sheldon to come around to his way of thinking.

He doesn't really want to do all this.

He'd rather co rule with his brother by his side, but that was never going to happen, so.

A coup it is.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/9/2021 at 11:04 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

I honestly think Walter is conflicted.

Remember that in one of the earlier episodes,  Walter is still trying to get Sheldon to come around to his way of thinking.

He doesn't really want to do all this.

He'd rather co rule with his brother by his side, but that was never going to happen, so.

A coup it is.

My question wasn’t about Walter’s motivation, my question was, why now? These folks have been supes for what, 70-80 years? What triggered Walter now vs. 10, 20 or 30 years ago, given his motivation? You might argue he would have done this earlier, when Paragon was young or nonexistent. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size