Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
PrincessPurrsALot

RHoNY Season 13 LIVE CHAT

Topic will be automatically unlocked at 12:00 AM

Recommended Posts

Did Heather really just tell Eboni she’s very articulate? WTF!

Again. Why is she here?!

  • Like 8
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

And for our next scene we will send Eboni out into a riptide.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Heather is so the voice of reason here

I would like to delete this comment

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

Eboni stating that she still has work to do…well I’m here for a show. Not lessons on history. It nice they all made up, but where is the fun stuff? I never thought this show would devolve into a platform show. I’m more interested in platform shoes. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Like 16
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

If someone told me I was articulate, I would be SO flattered because I sometimes struggle to find my spoken words. But say it to a black woman and it’s automatically a microagression? Come ON. It’s a fucking compliment for a well expressed point. Not everyone can do that. Has nothing to do with skin color. 

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I want to focus on a great minor hilarious moment, which is LuAnn's poor child and whomever those other people were at the end of the table.  The (I assume queer) boy at the end of the table nodding and shaking his head and reacting, wanting desperately to be engaged, flanked by the daughter and girl across from her (another daughter?) who were stone-faced and wanting desperately to be anywhere else.  I really thought that a hilarious found moment.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, CSunshine76 said:

Did Heather really just tell Eboni she’s very articulate? WTF!

Again. Why is she here?!

Good question. I wish she’d leave and take Leah with her.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Wicked said:

Is Sonja actually the voice of reason??

Turns out Lady Morgan was the dark horse.

Heather is making me cringe.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Are Eboni and Leah wearing “BFF Forever” matching robes?  😂😂😂😂

I love those robes. I wish I could get one. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

If someone told me I was articulate, I would be SO flattered because I sometimes struggle to find my spoken words. But say it to a black woman and it’s automatically a microagression? Come ON. It’s a fucking compliment for a well expressed point. Not everyone can do that. Has nothing to do with skin color.

Well, no.  There's a learned, researched history of referring to black people in such a manner.

https://www.theroot.com/he-s-so-articulate-what-that-really-means-1790874985

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 12
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

And for our next scene we will send Eboni out into a riptide.

Not a bad idea.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, GussieK said:

I love those robes. I wish I could get one. 

Well sure, but it’s so 7th grade BFFs!  😂


MERGE!!

Sonja loves to fish??? 😂😂 I love it!

Leah’s fishing outfit — 😂😂😂

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

4 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Did Heather really just tell Eboni she’s very articulate? WTF!

Again. Why is she here?!

 

3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

If someone told me I was articulate, I would be SO flattered because I sometimes struggle to find my spoken words. But say it to a black woman and it’s automatically a microagression? Come ON. It’s a fucking compliment for a well expressed point. Not everyone can do that. Has nothing to do with skin color. 

I assumed Heather was using that word ironically as a joke. She couldn't possibly not know what "articulate" means as a compliment to a black person. I thought her delivery made that clear too. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I always try to be polite to whomever I am speaking to, but all these new rules about what can or cannot be said will have me just shutting my gob a lot. Be it when I’m speaking or here on these forums. It’s becoming quicksand. 
 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, sistermagpie said:

 

 

I assumed Heather was using that word ironically as a joke. She couldn't possibly not know what "articulate" means as a compliment to a black person. I thought her delivery made that clear too. 

 

I initially thought that, too, but she gave no indication that she was.  

I don't know - Heather trying to play the role of "Eboni whisperer" rubbed me the wrong way. Eboni was explaining herself quite well, she didn't need Heather trying to do it for her. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Who is this housewife and what have they done with Sonja ?

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I want to focus on a great minor hilarious moment, which is LuAnn's poor child and whomever those other people were at the end of the table.  The (I assume queer) boy at the end of the table nodding and shaking his head and reacting, wanting desperately to be engaged, flanked by the daughter and girl across from her (another daughter) who were stone-faced and wanted desperately to be anywhere else.  I really found that a hilarious found moment.

Ha, I noticed him too!

Dude , slow down you’re gonna hurt your neck.

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Well, no.  There's a learned, researched history of referring to black people in such a manner.

https://www.theroot.com/he-s-so-articulate-what-that-really-means-1790874985

I don’t agree. I don’t think of people in that manner. I appreciate the ability of a person to express themselves with clear and impactful words no matter what they look like, because it’s something I struggle with myself. I guess now I know simply being appreciative of that can be considered racist if the person isn’t white. I find that to be pretty disconcerting.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Eboni trying to make Sonja her pet. Can't wait until she realizes that Sonja is a loud, belligerent, delusional drunk.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly as someone who has spent a great deal of time near the water on the East Coast, I have no idea why they are trying to fish in the ocean. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

If someone told me I was articulate, I would be SO flattered because I sometimes struggle to find my spoken words. But say it to a black woman and it’s automatically a microagression? Come ON. It’s a fucking compliment for a well expressed point. Not everyone can do that. Has nothing to do with skin color. 

Yep, has nothing to do with skin color. Neither does the flavor of pumpkin or the adjective angry. Leah is obnoxious and Eboni has profound anger issues along with being heavily prejudicial and maybe even racist. She's said at least two anti-white comments EVERY episode. Didn't think RHONY could ever be sunk, but here we are. I'll watch again if it's ever returned to the entertaining watch it was for so long.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I like Sonja’s shorter “do” in her Talking Heads.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

She couldn't possibly not know

Let's all agree never use this phrase in reference to these shows ever again.  :-)

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

As much as I am disappointed in Heather, Leah is still the worst

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry, Leah, you can't bring up politics/voting apropos nothing and then get your back up when someone you're talking to has an opinion about what you've just expressed. If you don't want to risk being judged for your stance, you can always keep it to yourself.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

Oh please, please, please, let Ramona do crazy eyes tonight during the contest.

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, mommydiedhard said:

Yep, has nothing to do with skin color. Neither does the flavor of pumpkin or the adjective angry. Leah is obnoxious and Eboni has profound anger issues along with being heavily prejudicial and maybe even racist. She's said at least two anti-white comments EVERY episode. Didn't think RHONY could ever be sunk, but here we are. I'll watch again if it's ever returned to the entertaining watch it was for so long.

So, here's the thing - you don't get to decide if it is considered a microaggression. The person who experiences it - like Eboni - does. Just because, for instance, Heather may not think that she's delivering a microaggression doesn't mean that Eboni doesn't have the right to experience it as a microaggression.

  • Like 14
  • Useful 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I don’t agree. I don’t think of people in that manner. I appreciate the ability of a person to express themselves with clear and impactful words no matter what they look like, because it’s something I struggle with myself. I guess now I know simply being appreciative of that can be considered racist. I find that to be pretty disconcerting.

-shrug-  Feel free to not agree, but it's not someone's random editorial about one thing someone said to them once.  It's a historical and cultural collection of events.  Read and learn, or don't read and don't care.  Up to you.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

So again the makeup room is empty except for Leah and Eboni. 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t want to diminish Leah’s feelings, but it would seem she’s being a tad dramatic for the cameras.  I’ve lost people close to me. I sure as fuck was by their side and not hanging out with my friends.  And funny, when I cried during those times (and hell, still cry for my Mom 4 years later), actual tears come out of my eyes.  

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Really?  Eboni was a Pageant Girl too? 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Sonja said “I’m Sagittarius, I always catch a fish”. I share my birthday with her although she is one year older than me. I don’t have a good track record of catching a fist.

Although Sonja is only a year older than me, her face is much younger. However, some my joints are much younger and others have been fused together 😜

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I don’t have a good track record of catching a fist.

Okay, I know this was a mistake, but damn it's funny in relation to this group.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

Everyone looks really pretty.

ETA: I’m irrationally pissed that Leah also looks really pretty.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Loving Eboni’s Afro!

I luv Heather > Leah! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

There's a small and cruel part of me that wishes Leah's slashed neck was real.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

Leah’s grandmother is probably dying of shame because Leah isn’t going to vote…..

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, so that's why Eboni has decided that she loves Sonja so much -- they're both shit-stirrers.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

After the ladies compete in Luann’s 70’s inspired Halloween pageant, Leah receives devastating news about her grandma. Back in the city, Ramona reviews her real estate skills, while Leah and Eboni help Sonja learn to land a punch. Eboni hosts an election party where talk of Ramona’s Instagram makes up for her absence.

Mod note:  The episode will include an election watching party.  Please stick to discussing what is said on the show.  We are not debating the election, politics, political parties or politicians.  

Original air date 2021.06.15

Bouncing the LIVE CHAT topic for your posting pleasure. 

Share this post


Link to post
PrincessPurrsALot

No personal politics or political discussion outside of what is stated on the show. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size