Type keyword(s) to search

In The Flesh - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That was a great episode.  It really broke my heart that they killed Amy, though it seemed like it may not be permanent.  She really is the best character on this show.  Hopefully there is a season 3.  Clearly the other undead who were at the bar at the end are going to be a threat to Kieran.  And of course the living.

Gary came off like a monster.  Drugging Kieran so he would go rapid and then calling Jem to make sure she kills her own brother was a sick thing to do and tremendously selfish.  He wanted Kieran dead and knew that would hurt Jem so he arranged it so she or someone else would be Kieran's killer leaving him to look blameless in her eyes.  I'm disgusted that something more horrible than Jem dumping him didn't happen.

I completely agree with all of this.  What a jerk.  I was glad she at least broke up with him but it was such a mild punishment for what he did.

Best part of the episode for me was when Maxine went on her crazy spiel and started marching off to kill the PSD sufferers.  I forget his name but that one dude just tazes her.  The way he says "She's tapped" is just hilarious.

Just love this show and it's premise.

I seriously believe it is the best show on television. Writing, so original a nd also so good, direction, acting, everything. I love it way more than game of thrones. I cried and cried at last years finale. I got way too excited at Amy's heating up. Serious brilliance.

And it has made me want to go to northern England. Isn't it funny how that works ? After titanic all these people wanted to go on ouxury cruises.we know how it ends but still...

I love Kieran's evolution and how determined he is to be himself even in the face of horrible pressure from his family.  I feel like the family went too far in their treatment of Kieran and am shocked he'd still live with them.  I feel like they broke a trust by not taking Kieran's word over those who were so obviously biased, keeping him a hostage in his home, and being willing to send him back to Norfolk against his will.  They came around in the end but what they did is something they have to make up for in my eyes.

Goes back to the treatment of mental illness again - isn't that exactly how someone would feel if sectioned?

• Love 1

I wanted to watch all of this on the on-demand, but they only have three episodes - 1, 3, and 6. I don't understand why they do that. I'll have to watch online, at some point.

Amy can not be dead, I will not allow it. Phillip was so sweet, sitting there hoping she would rise again. I love his mom, she really put Kierens mom in her place. What his family did to him was so sad. What Gary did to him was criminal, I hope he faces repercussions next season. He needs to pay for forcing Kieren into that situation, not to mention Jem. I can't wait for next season

• Love 2

Argh. Finally watched this episode. Waiting for my hubby to catch up. Hehe another convert.

Oh Philip! Broke my heart! I wish Amy had trusted the doctor more. He seemed to really be supportive of the PDS crew. The ghouls from Norfolk are up to no good!

I'm worried about Simon! I hate to admit I loved his shambling around!

Shame on Kier's family! I'm so disappointed. Glad his dad came around and saw that he was fighting the blue stuff. Stupid Gary. I hope he ends up in jail.

• Love 1

Amy rules. I'm just through season one and I'm bawling my eyes out but Amy was my favorite character, absolutely. 

I hated that she had to leave but she was so right to do so. She was extremely vulnerable in her "living space", as both those hypocritical douchebags showed. I just hope she's not jumping into worse with Mr. Website.

Up next - series 2!

Here's where we can ask about things we need clarification on, and anything that doesn't fit in the episode/character threads. 

I'll start with what may be a dumb question, but why does Kieren and his family keep talking about him leaving to go to "Europe"? Pretty sure they're already there. Yeah, they pinpointed Paris at one point, and that is certainly Europe, but isn't their town European too? Those aren't American accents. 

It had been established earlier on that if they miss even one dose, in a matter of hours they turn. This seemed like minutes to me, though. Unless it took Amir an hour to get there, which I doubt. I guess once the turning begins, it might just escalate that much quicker. 

I loved how he was trying so hard to protect Hayley by giving her the hammer, then even when he was well under the influence, kicking it back over to her. That whole scene was claustrophobic and terrifying to me. Help was JUST on the other side of the door... yikes. 

I'm glad someone else brought up Cuckoo's Nest, because the first ep of s1 used the exact same music from the movie as they were all milling about in the treatment center.

• Love 1

So I just basically binged watched this whole show. There better be a season 3.

I liked the finale, though I was a bit confused on why Kieran's family suddenly turned against him (mainly his parents). I kind of get his sister, Jem is suffering from PTSD and is conflicted in that she always dealt with them as monsters and realizing this is really her brother. But his parents were in denial about the whole thing and I guess suddenly woke up to realize their son had killed when he was rapid.

I totally sobbed when Amy died, she was the only funny part of this show. Hopefully she comes back if there is a season 3.

• Love 1

I watched the second season a couple of days ago and I think I never saw the charactes using mobile phones. Am I wrong? Is there a reason for that?

I noticed that too. And I was wondering if this is set in the present. Then I remembered that the raising happened in 2009, making it current.