Type keyword(s) to search

The Secret Of Skinwalker Ranch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A team of scientists and experts conduct a daring and thorough search of one of the most infamous and secretive hotspots of paranormal and UFO-related activities on earth — Skinwalker Ranch. The 512-acre property located in Utah’s Uinta Basin plays host to more than 200 years of UFO sightings, bizarre animal mutilations and paranormal related mysteries.

• Useful 1

Somehow I missed this when it started airing last year.  I am watching now via OnDemand and season 2 begins next week (May 4).

I am enjoying for now, even with all the OTT reactions and theories.  So far there is more interesting to me than not.  However, I can tell this is going to be like Oak Island with never ending mysteries and dead ends, and whatever it takes to keep the show going.  I'm going to watch season 2 though and enjoy it for what it is.

• Love 3

I caught some of this yesterday along with some of Oak Island.  Oak Island at least brings in some occasionally cool stuff.  Skinwalker Ranch, with the segment dates from 2019, seems like the world longest, kind of dullest found-footage movie.  Like at the end we'll exclaim, "Oh!  So that's how they all ended up as dismembered, radioactive skeletons."

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have watched this from 1st ever episode....not a lot of weird things discovered like we were lead to believe. Some of these guys in program DO NOT like each other either...and it shows...especially that one idiot they call "Dragon"...he hates the scientist that is in each show because the scientist wants to dig on the property and Dragon is scared of the possible 'hoo-doo' ( evil spirits ) it can bring to all there....so I expect just more very minor findings, etc...nothing like we were lead to believe. In fact yank this guy named Dragon off the show..he generally has a scowl all the time anyway and he gets in the way of real progress--let him water & cut the grass, feed the cows, make him a cook or something else, please.Oh well, I will give it a few more episodes to see if it gets better.

Edited by katanaguy
added to comments
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Totally forgot the over-the-top narrator on Oak Island also does this one.

Yeah, Dragon.  Running around in a special forces outfit.  Cracks me up when the scientist gets on the horn and yells "Dragon, come out here." Also, having a cell phone where the screen isn't smashed to pieces acting up might just might be a tad more interesting.

And flying in and out with the oncologist.  What is he supposed to bring to the table.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 5/6/2021 at 5:59 AM, kn51 said:

Totally forgot the over-the-top narrator on Oak Island also does this one.

Every time the introduction comes on and the narrator starts “There is a ranch ...”, my whole family adds “... in the North Atlantic”.

• LOL 2

Exact some things that are happening on this ranch are the same exact things that happen in radioactive mining of things like plutonium uranium thorium etc etc.  This causes high electric magnetic fields volatile organic compounds etc etc that mess with human health 

What this show really needs is a geologist that specializes in radioactive materials.

Also want to note that Travis Taylor has been on several other history channels show like Nazi hunters and as some other show with him being a NASA "rocket scientist" messing around and just making goofy stuff in his backyard like rocket engines out if a turkey cooker.

I really miss The History channel being about REAL history and not this fake reality show junk 

On 5/5/2021 at 4:03 AM, katanaguy said:

I have watched this from 1st ever episode....not a lot of weird things discovered like we were lead to believe. Some of these guys in program DO NOT like each other either...and it shows...especially that one idiot they call "Dragon"...he hates the scientist that is in each show because the scientist wants to dig on the property and Dragon is scared of the possible 'hoo-doo' ( evil spirits ) it can bring to all there....so I expect just more very minor findings, etc...nothing like we were lead to believe. In fact yank this guy named Dragon off the show..he generally has a scowl all the time anyway and he gets in the way of real progress--let him water & cut the grass, feed the cows, make him a cook or something else, please.Oh well, I will give it a few more episodes to see if it gets better.

Dragon, lol, what a freakin' joke!  The guy has that weird beard growth like he's trying to somehow compensate his masculinity,lol. What is up with the shotgun, wouldn't he provide more security with a AR15 , extra magazines, and a HK semi on his hip? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Actually enjoyed last night's episode some, I'm wondering if there is some type of  huge dynamo underground that is sending electrical pulses through the landscape ? Would be interesting to do another dye pour  to see if they spot any of it in their bore locations. 

• Love 2

Travis has been trying to happen for 10 years. Don't think it's going to happen on this show. "Dragon" is someone's nephew that they are trying to make happen. He doesn't need to dress in all black and carry a huge gun on that ranch, he just looks silly.

• Love 1

Coast to Coast  had Thomas and Brandon on last night to discuss  the show and ranch happenings.  There were a number of callers who phoned in to ask about how they were disappointed in the lack of  high quality equipment that they should be using to research the phenomena at the ranch.

• Useful 1

We know that bomb testing & neodymium magnets have been discussed, but there hasn't been much discussion about natural gas or byproducts of fracking, so here is some interesting information for anyone willing to put some time in & consider possibilities other than aliens. I know this would not cover even a good portion of the phenomena experienced in this area, but I'm of the opinion that most of these can be explained if we remove our bias. I also want to point out that there could possibly be a conflict of interest where this property is concerned, whether that is in regards to billionaires or the government, as there could be the potential to profit from extracting natural resources here. Also consider that the surrounding areas are reservations, so fracing could only take place on this specific property within this area, possibly making it worth even more.

So, this area is a part of the Uintah Basin, which is a natural hotspot for fracking due to shale formations. Fracking has occured in Utah since the 1960s.
[https://ballotpedia.org/Fracking_in_Utah#:~:text=to%20Utah%20Gov.-,Gary%20Herbert%20(R)%20in%20December%202014%2C%20fracking%20has%20occurred,recover%20oil%20and%20gas%20resources]

You can see in a graphic here that most of the fracking occurs in this Northeastern area of Utah.

[https://www.fractracker.org/map/us/utah/]

However, the smoking gun is here where we can see that most of the facking actually takes place here in the Uintah Basin.

https://geology.utah.gov/map-pub/survey-notes/energy-news/energy-news-hydraulic-fracturing-and-shale-gas/

If you don't know anything about fracking, it can cause serious consequences to the environment, many of which can then effect humans. During this process "[w]astewater containing chemicals, brine, naturally occurring radiation and mud is injected directly into basement rocks or into overlying formations that contain crevices into the basement rock."

[https://kutv.com/news/local/fracking-in-utah-other-states-linked-to-earthquakes]

Yes, this is absolutely as bad as it sounds. The video below is a documentary about the consequences of fracking & the harm that it has caused people. It really is the best way to explain the issue.

[https://youtu.be/6mp4ELXKv-w]

There is also something to be said about the sinkholes on the property, which can be caused from fracking.
[https://sciencing.com/what-is-the-relationship-between-fracking-sinkholes-and-earthquakes-13400292.html]

"If a....massive sinkhole were to open, [for example], it could endanger lives, stop road and rail traffic, and pollute groundwater with gasoline from ruptured pipes and storage tanks or saltwater from the well."
[https://www.hcn.org/articles/climate-desk-energy-industry-new-mexicos-oil-fields-have-a-sinkhole-problem]

I wanted to point out that one of the cast members had some natural gas symptoms near a sinkhole during the beginning of Season One, & they don't always check their equipment. There was also a very high level of carbon monoxide in the basement where the "hidden room" was found. Also, I have been able to find a possible link between natural gas exposure & the stress induced pneumonia that was found in the dead cow toward the end of the season, which seemed to be experiening lethargy & laying down just before it died in the surveillance video show.
[https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0300985813502821]

Perhaps we need to be looking into more scientific explainations for some of the occurences here as opposed to jumping to conclusions that we really have no logical evidence for. It is possible that many of these occurances have geographical &/or atmospheric explainations, which I happen to find just as interesting!

I'd love to hear your thoughts below. Thanks for reading!

• Love 3

Absolutely love the show, finally something worth watching, I do have a good idea. I have two 15 inch square subwoofers in my car. I would like to park it and or drive around the triangle with them turned all the way up. 

I entered this show with the attitude that I was watching a poor man's X Files and I leave it feeling the same way. What I have found interesting is how they manufacture drama over a phenomenon to only then cast it aside. For example, they find a hole that is completely covered with branches and other debris and decide to redirect water into this concealed hole. They claim to have dumped over 40,000 gallons into this hidden hole and they have no idea where all the water went. They had people scouting out various outlets to no avail. Then they decide to remove all of the debris and they discover a simple square hole about 25ft deep. My first thought was "ok NOW redirect over 40,000 gallons of water into this pit so that we  can actually see this water dissappear."  Do they even consider doing this? Nope, it is off too another mystery. Then there was the time where they discovered this football shaped object under the road near Homestead 2. They can't dig however because Dragon (what a basement dwelling D&D goofball) will piss his pants, and Tom's head will explode. But in future episodes they decide that they need to dig deep after all. The question is where? Over at Homestead 2 to finally discover what that long football shape is? Nope, over at the Triangle where they find (drumroll) an underground stream.... this type of sleight of hand investigating is typical on this show. 

Edited by GustavMahler
  • Love 3

I wonder if almost nobody has posted on this thread because it was so  hard to find.  

Anyway, I actually enjoy this show but will say that Lauraleefaerie and GustavMahler make some very good points.   I don't understand all the shade against Dragon - frankly, from the pained look on his face every episode, he looks as if he'd rather be anywhere but there.    And this is just typical Prometheus production fare - from the narrator on.  I keep expecting cameos from Giorgio and his sidekick Dave Childress as well as the Lagina Brothers.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

I don't understand all the shade against Dragon - frankly, from the pained look on his face every episode, he looks as if he'd rather be anywhere but there

I think the shade generates from the fact that a grown man wants to be called Dragon. 

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

I wonder if almost nobody has posted on this thread because it was so  hard to find.  

Anyway, I actually enjoy this show but will say that Lauraleefaerie and GustavMahler make some very good points.   I don't understand all the shade against Dragon - frankly, from the pained look on his face every episode, he looks as if he'd rather be anywhere but there.    And this is just typical Prometheus production fare - from the narrator on.  I keep expecting cameos from Giorgio and his sidekick Dave Childress as well as the Lagina Brothers.  

Oh, just give it time, somehow shitshows find their way to each other. 

• LOL 3

Watched this week's episode and it was so tedious that it could have been "Oak Island".  Lots of hot air (pun intended) wasted on throwing smoke bombs into a cave opening.  Everybody wetting their pants over the smoke getting sucked into the cave.   Maybe instead of the astro physicist they need a geologist on this team.  Somebody who understands um, rocks and cave formations.  

As for the lights in the sky - the first thing I though was drones.   Obviously, the locals know all about this tv show and maybe somebody is playing with them or actually had a reason for the drones (if that is what they are) to be up there.   The flight pattern made me think of the constellation Cassiopeia (kind of a long W shape).  I'm going to assume that next week we'll find out more after the "frame by frame" analysis is done.  

• Useful 2
On 6/16/2022 at 12:12 PM, 12catcrazy said:

Watched this week's episode and it was so tedious that it could have been "Oak Island".  Lots of hot air (pun intended) wasted on throwing smoke bombs into a cave opening.  Everybody wetting their pants over the smoke getting sucked into the cave.   Maybe instead of the astro physicist they need a geologist on this team.  Somebody who understands um, rocks and cave formations.  

I think it was more the fact that the smoke wasn't coming out anywhere that they could see. And Dragons RBF never doesn't make me laugh. 

On 6/13/2022 at 8:30 PM, GustavMahler said:

I think the shade generates from the fact that a grown man wants to be called Dragon. 

It's a nickname from when he was in the military probably. And probably why he keeps it. All the bitch faces he makes are never not funny. 

• Love 2

I hope to hell they are able to pull out whatever that was in the hole.  I'm guessing a foil wrapper of sorts.

Show always gives me a chuckle with the looks on everyone's faces.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

Well, this week's episode was kinda sorta interesting (I actually stayed awake for the entire episode).   One would guess that the equipment that got sent up in that first rocket would have been trashed and must have cost some bucks.   At this point, you have to say that something strange might be going on or these guys really don't know what the hell they are doing.    And the UFO (or whatever it is) showing up during the fiasco.  I really wonder about what gets left on the cutting room floor.  And they still never got back to those "lights in the sky" we saw a number of episodes back.   

• Useful 1

This show is more enjoyable if you view Travis as a CIA operative with the job of providing distractions and sabotaging equipment  to hide the real truth. 

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Is anybody else still watching this show?  Last night's episode was just a "rehash" (Skinwalker's greatest hits) done as a meeting in a fancy office building.   It was ok that George Knapp was in on the meeting; he's been reporting on UFO stuff for like 40 years.   Wondering what the EX Governor of Utah was doing there, but I suppose that former Governors have a lot of connections (unless they are Andrew Cuomo, and nobody's taking HIS calls).  

It seems that Oak Island has turned into some kind of tourist destination; I wonder if the people involved with this show will be looking at that angle, though controlling tour groups on such a large property might be hard to do.  

You have to give Prometheus Entertainment credit for becoming a really successful company by finding about all this weird stuff and turning it into tv shows which can cut and paste themselves into years long runs.

• LOL 1
(edited)

Anybody out there???  

the finale was a huge waste of time.  If people didn't see last week's rehash, they don't need to as this episode was just another rehash with curtain calls for all the chief players.  And Big Surprise!  Brandon Fugal is a Commercial Real Estate Mogul.   Maybe he originally planned to turn Skinwalker Ranch into an amusement park (or more likely, rented it out to a mining company).  If this show is picked up again, my guess is that we'll be seeing more of him  next season as he seems to be getting more comfortable in front of the cameras.  

Edited by 12catcrazy
  • Like 2

I'm watching, but it's same-old same-old. First I noticed ads for their speaking tour, then I swear I saw one for a contest to spend a weekend at the ranch helping "investigate" or something. When Fugal pus cabins up and starts renting them out for Investigation Vacations, i will yell "called it!"

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Ananayel said:

Now they have a subscription service where you can watch live and chat with the investigators?! Why didn't I think of this! 

It's what they have to do in order to fill an "hour" show (actually 42 minutes of air time), when you only have 15 minutes of new material.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Not many of us here, huh?  

I find this show more interesting than "Oak Island" but I fear that it's going to be more of the same old lets dig up everything in sight and find not much of anything  type of thing.   They also seem to be very intent on monetizing this as much as they can (see your favorites on tour/subscribe to the on line service, etc).   

• Like 2

Good god this show is full of laughs. Lets bring in a tesla coil and a flamethrower after firing a rocket. What's next...launching a flaming elephant from a cannon into it?

• LOL 2

The flamethrower dropped my jaw - I guess that they don't have fire marshals in the sticks.  I kept thinking that a few stray sparks from that flamethrower could have caused one helluva fire if any of that vegetation was dry.    It just seemed like a really stupid type of stunt with no real use.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Brandon Fugal certainly seems to know a lot of politicians.   I also want to know why the blinds were drawn in the meeting in the final 10 minutes or so.  

I will keep watching this show as my other half really enjoys it but my guess is that they will never really find "anything" and if by chance they do, the govt will shut it down pretty fast. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 8/3/2023 at 1:59 PM, 12catcrazy said:

I also want to know why the blinds were drawn in the meeting in the final 10 minutes or so.

Why, of course, it's because someone (spooky government officials?) may be spying on them from across the highway using high-powered imaging and secret telescopic microphones.

The surest sign of a conspiracy is the complete and utter lack of evidence of said conspiracy.

Edited by AAEBoiler
  • LOL 3