Type keyword(s) to search

Girls5Eva - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Meedis said:

Uggh!   About to breakdown and pay the $4.99 for one month so I can binge the two seasons.   LOL

S2 of Rutherford Falls just dropped, and Peacock has other original content like “Killing It” that’ll help you get more value from the subscription. It’s the cost of a coffee these days. 

• Love 2

I was finally able to watch the finale and I loved it. Dawn enjoying her geriatric pregnancy (she and Scott yelling the news at strangers was hilarious), Wicki really falling in love with the Lunch Lord and his support of her, Summer forcing Kev to grow up and finally be a father, and Gloria exploring her options but not cheating on Caroline was all wonderful. I loved Caroline's loving, serene look until it clicked what Gloria was saying and then her just going off, lol.

And Gloria fighting whichever Property Brother that was (I don't know which is which), killed me. I loved her sitting on top of him at the end and the other brother all "do it, do it!" as she held the knife over his head. And when they both popped into Property Brother mode after the fight to continue taping. They are good sports.

I hope this gets a third season, I'd love to see the group on tour. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I loved this season! I hope there is a third one of them on tour. 
Wickie falling in love with a regular guy was so cute. I loved how supportive he was. 
Dawn and Scott excited about the pregnancy was also fun, especially with him referencing that his dick can make lungs. 
Gloria and the Property Brother fighting was comedy gold. The brothers were such good sports and were pretty decent actors. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 6/22/2022 at 12:24 AM, twoods said:

Wickie falling in love with a regular guy was so cute. I loved how supportive he was. 

One of the most surprising and delightful developments of the season. I particularly loved seeing Wickie have the realization - "Wait, I'm in love with a normal?" Renee Elise Goldsberry is so fun on this show.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 6/18/2022 at 11:30 PM, emma675 said:

And Gloria fighting whichever Property Brother that was (I don't know which is which), killed me. I loved her sitting on top of him at the end and the other brother all "do it, do it!" as she held the knife over his head.  

I laughed so hard. He sold it, too! 

Finally finished. Am such an enormous fan of  Renée Elise Goldsberry and love Sara Bareilles, so I was in from the moment I heard about it (which wasn't until season 2 was airing so I waited for all the episodes to be up so I could watch one a night).  Really enjoyed it. So glad they gave Sara that meta line about not writing a love song because they told her to, and she underplayed it perfectly. So talented. More, please, soon!   

• Love 4
On 6/17/2022 at 4:35 PM, Kiddvideo said:

S2 of Rutherford Falls just dropped, and Peacock has other original content like “Killing It” that’ll help you get more value from the subscription. It’s the cost of a coffee these days. 

Woo hoo. Lucked out and was able to take advantage of a 99 cent promo code for three months.  I'm so loving the silly campy feel of this show.   Fave characters by far is Wickie.   Her obliviousness is very enjoyable to watch.   Actually the four leads play off each other really well.    And kudos for having a theme song that I absolutely can't skip.

Having the extra two months of Peacock before I cancel it (till next year when S3 hopefully drops) will definitely allow me to check out a few more shows, including Killing It, Bel-Aire (just for the curiosity of if they use same storylines as the original), and the Dateline series.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Meedis said:

Woo hoo. Lucked out and was able to take advantage of a 99 cent promo code for three months.  I'm so loving the silly campy feel of this show.   Fave characters by far is Wickie.   Her obliviousness is very enjoyable to watch.   Actually the four leads play off each other really well.    And kudos for having a theme song that I absolutely can't skip.

Oh wow that’s a great deal! Congratulations! They have so much chemistry together, and they’re so funny. Like Wickie being homeless basically yet still complaining about Dawn’s apartment. I really look forward to concert mode

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

‘Girls5eva’ Moves to Netflix From Peacock for Season 3

Netflix will be the exclusive streaming home for Season 3, while sharing Seasons 1 and 2 with Peacock. 

Wow! This is a pleasant surprise. I'm very happy that it was renewed and moving to Netflix, because I think that will help it gain some traction and bring in more viewers. This show deserves more people watching it and talking about it! Also, selfishly, this is one less streaming service I have to subscribe to, so it's a win-win for me.

48 minutes ago, DanaK said:

That kind of sounds bad for Peacock as it's struggling to be seen

Truly. I'm surprised that it's lasted as long as it has, but I don't know how losing original programming to other streaming services can do anything but hurt it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Night Cheese said:

Wow! This is a pleasant surprise. I'm very happy that it was renewed and moving to Netflix, because I think that will help it gain some traction and bring in more viewers. This show deserves more people watching it and talking about it! Also, selfishly, this is one less streaming service I have to subscribe to, so it's a win-win for me.

Truly. I'm surprised that it's lasted as long as it has, but I don't know how losing original programming to other streaming services can do anything but hurt it.

There’s supposedly a rumor that Peacock wants to stop making original comedies but they seem quite happy to show comedies not made by them

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Just finished watching and this was fun.  Where has Wickie been living?  With Dawn?  How does she not need room-sized closets for her wardrobe and her wigs? (Has she ever had the same hairstyle twice?  I assume it’s mostly wigs unless she has her own full time hairstylist.). Moira Rose would be jealous!

• Like 1

‘Girls5eva’ Sets Season 3 Premiere Date at Netflix

GIRLS5EVA_EA_302_032923_00424_R.jpg

Girls5Eva Seasons 1, 2 and all 6 episodes of the new Season 3 will be released on March 14, 2024 on Netflix.

In Season 3, Girls5eva is plotting its comeback tour. With no plan, tour manager or venues secured, the ladies pile into a van and hit the great unknown, doing their damnedest to promote their album and get back on top,” Season 3’s description reads. “In the process, Girls5eva will grapple with life on the road, see their relationships tested, play a billionaire’s birthday party, sow their oats, confront parents they believe held them back, cross paths with the biggest pop star on the planet, and question if they really want ‘the big time’ again. Will Girls5eva fast-track their comeback and sell their tour documentary in the process? Or will the road destroy them?   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I was just wondering when Season 3 would appear.    03/14/24 can't get here fast enough.   LOL

Editing to Add:  Hoping since it's less episodes and they seem to want to tackle a lot, maybe the episode lengths will be longer.

Edited by Meedis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm rewatching Seasons 1 and 2 in anticipation of the new season in less than two days.   I have to say the show did great with casting Daniel Breaker (Dawn's husband) and their son played by Julius Conceicao.   Daniel and Julius almost look like they could really be father and son.

• Like 2