Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
PrincessPurrsALot

S05.E17: Reunion Part 1

Recommended Posts

On 5/6/2021 at 2:26 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

correcting someone who is always using words incorrectly isn't making fun... Kam looks like an idiot saying stupid things .. I would rather be corrected then to continue making a fool of myself on tv in-front of the whole world ....Plus kam shames people herself ...she needs to stop.. so its fine for miss manners to correct their parties and shit but they cant correct her vocabulary?? thats not how that works 

I think it’s impolite to correct someone’s grammar. It calls attention to them in a negative way and makes the person correcting sound condescending. I would stay silent. If you really feel led to say something, then pull the person aside privately. Just my opinion. 

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, amarante said:

There is a difference between mispronouncing a somewhat tongue twisting word and not knowing the meaning of fairly basic vocabulary words and misusing them. Andy was laughing at himself because he realized he was mispronouncing something - I typically tongue twist with endodontist and feel no shame. Exhibiting a lack of understanding of a word by not using it appropriately is in another category - I am a "high achiever" like Tiffany and I would feel mortified if I exhibited my ignorance of a word's meaning by using it improperly. I actually would want someone to let me know in the same way that I would want to know about spinach on the teeth so that I didn't continue to put myself in a position where people were laughing at me behind my back.

Yes, I know there's a difference. My point was that smart people have slip-ups and should watch it on the know-it-all attitude. It's not cute.

I think there's a certain level of closeness necessary in order to correct someone the way Tiffany does these girls. If it were my mother, I'd let her know if I were concerned about her speaking in a way where people might laugh at her. If it were a coworker or casual friend, imo it would not be my place to correct her when we're having casual conversations. Spinach on teeth is different because it can happen to anyone and wouldn't be a frequent occurrence.

19 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I think it’s impolite to correct someone’s grammar. It calls attention to them in a negative way and makes the person correcting sound condescending. I would stay silent. If you really feel led to say something, then pull the person aside privately. Just my opinion. 

Same. If I did feel the need to correct someone, I'd do it gently and away from others. Correcting someone in a group setting is unkind imo.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I think it’s impolite to correct someone’s grammar. It calls attention to them in a negative way and makes the person correcting sound condescending. I would stay silent. If you really feel led to say something, then pull the person aside privately. Just my opinion. 

 

being on National television nothing is done off camera ... plus Kam talks mad shit behind the girls backs in her talking heads how is that better?,, I would rather her woman up and say it to their faces 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/5/2021 at 11:18 AM, nexxie said:

Not sure I’ve ever met anyone with as much of an entitled attitude as Kam. It’s not enough that she has never seen an actual bill - she really seems to think everyone should be as charmed by her ridiculous affectations and willful ignorance as she is. Dumbass.

what is really sad is she was 'nothing' until she married ...heck even her accent is fake.  she's from california

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I think it’s impolite to correct someone’s grammar. It calls attention to them in a negative way and makes the person correcting sound condescending. 

If it were a coworker or casual friend, imo it would not be my place to correct her when we're having casual conversations.

Correcting someone in a group setting is unkind imo.

I disagree. Nothing wrong with correcting someone for saying something wrong. And if anyone is watching, maybe they too can learn a thing or two.

Plus, it can't be worse than someone saying something racist to a co-worker, whether in front of a group of people or when just one-on-one with someone else.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/6/2021 at 1:27 PM, Marley said:

I’m sure Jeremy doesn’t mind the money lol who would but he’s retired from the airforce. So I don’t think he’s some bum. He is really corny with some of what he says to D’andra.

I think if more husbands adopted Jeremy's habit of saying corny but supportive things it would be a good thing.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/5/2021 at 10:40 AM, MaggieG said:

Ugh all "you're amazing, we love you" to Kary from Stephanie and Kam made me want to gag. She's the worst and whatever she was going through with her husband was no excuse for her behavior. If she's throwing people in pools, throwing salsa on beds and drinking like crazy, imagine what she did to him behind the scenes.

I can't with Kam. She really thought she came to this reunion all prepared with her briefcase and she is just failing. I love D'andra and Stephanie's reactions to Kam when she said Tiffany set her up about the chicken feet.

I couldn't help thinking during Kary's phone call with Eduardo (where Brandi outed Kary's bad behavior) that Eduardo probably knows all too well the shit-talk and destruction Kary gets up to when she's been drinking.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/7/2021 at 7:42 PM, RealHousewife said:

Yes, I know there's a difference. My point was that smart people have slip-ups and should watch it on the know-it-all attitude. It's not cute.

I think there's a certain level of closeness necessary in order to correct someone the way Tiffany does these girls. If it were my mother, I'd let her know if I were concerned about her speaking in a way where people might laugh at her. If it were a coworker or casual friend, imo it would not be my place to correct her when we're having casual conversations. Spinach on teeth is different because it can happen to anyone and wouldn't be a frequent occurrence.

Same. If I did feel the need to correct someone, I'd do it gently and away from others. Correcting someone in a group setting is unkind imo.

Here's my thing with Kam - she's playing Little Cute Dum Dum and she wants to be noticed and teased, but only in a certain way.  Tiffany doesn't get it and is very business-like about it, and that's not part of Kam's schtick.  She has no problem, for instance, with the Court and Daughter (whose laughably pretentious name I forget right now) Mocking Mommy routine; that's part of her schtick too.  She's fine with Andy and another dude on WWHL laughing patronizingly at her cute little self.  I myself am naturally more of a Tiffany and have learned the hard way that I'm no good at those games.  What I find amusing is that if I say nothing at all, they'll repeat the wrong word several times, a little louder each time, because they want to be noticed for being such a cute little simpleton.  (Kind of like when LVP interrupts someone to make a bawdy middle school sex joke, and the person ignores her and goes on talking - she'll keep interrupting and repeating it as many time as it takes until they give a fake laugh before continuing 😄 )

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, princelina said:

Here's my thing with Kam - she's playing Little Cute Dum Dum and she wants to be noticed and teased, but only in a certain way.  Tiffany doesn't get it and is very business-like about it, and that's not part of Kam's schtick.  She has no problem, for instance, with the Court and Daughter (whose laughably pretentious name I forget right now) Mocking Mommy routine; that's part of her schtick too.  She's fine with Andy and another dude on WWHL laughing patronizingly at her cute little self.  I myself am naturally more of a Tiffany and have learned the hard way that I'm no good at those games.  What I find amusing is that if I say nothing at all, they'll repeat the wrong word several times, a little louder each time, because they want to be noticed for being such a cute little simpleton.  (Kind of like when LVP interrupts someone to make a bawdy middle school sex joke, and the person ignores her and goes on talking - she'll keep interrupting and repeating it as many time as it takes until they give a fake laugh before continuing 😄 )

Maybe she only wants to be teased if she feels it's coming from a place of love or laughing with? IDK. I might be cutting Kameron more slack because I think she is the nicer of the two.

Funny you should mention Kameron reminds you of LVP. Tiffany actually reminds me of LVP! They're both smart. Neither is shy about her success. Both can be rather bossy. They like to poke at others then play innocent. I'm easier on people if they don't know better. Chess playing or getting a kick out of making others uncomfortable or embarrassed offend me more than a dumb blonde schtick. This is why despite thinking LVP is such a baddie (gorgeous, charming, entertaining, smart, funny) I was never one of those saint Lisa fans. Ditto Tiffany. There's a lot I actually like about her, but there's this dichotomy. She has a side that talks down to the women as though they're uncultured little dummies, but then she has another vulnerable side that just wants to fit in and be liked. I don't care for the former, but I like the latter. 

One thing both Kameron and Tiffany have in common is neither is big into bathroom or raunchy humor. They're more traditionally ladylike than all the other women. I think if both were to return for another season, there's potential for them to become friends because they're really not polar opposites on everything. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, princelina said:

Here's my thing with Kam - she's playing Little Cute Dum Dum and she wants to be noticed and teased, but only in a certain way.  Tiffany doesn't get it and is very business-like about it, and that's not part of Kam's schtick.  She has no problem, for instance, with the Court and Daughter (whose laughably pretentious name I forget right now) Mocking Mommy routine; that's part of her schtick too.  She's fine with Andy and another dude on WWHL laughing patronizingly at her cute little self.  I myself am naturally more of a Tiffany and have learned the hard way that I'm no good at those games.  What I find amusing is that if I say nothing at all, they'll repeat the wrong word several times, a little louder each time, because they want to be noticed for being such a cute little simpleton.  (Kind of like when LVP interrupts someone to make a bawdy middle school sex joke, and the person ignores her and goes on talking - she'll keep interrupting and repeating it as many time as it takes until they give a fake laugh before continuing 😄 )

Just wish someone would say, “Your schtick is stale and infantile, Kam - expect more of yourself.” Her big pink bubble of delusion will burst in the worst way one day if she doesn’t get real. 

Edited by nexxie
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/5/2021 at 10:42 AM, LakeGal said:

I really did not enjoy the reunion.  I hate Kary.  I have no sympathy for her.  She is a mean bitch and a bully.  I am only surprised her husband didn't leave her sooner.  Andy kept going back to Kary and I did not want to hear from her.  

Kam came off horribly.  She obviously sees herself differently than I do.  

I don't think I can watch next season if Kary is back.  She has ruined this show for me.  I think she is the reason the ratings have dropped for this RH.

 

I feel the opposite, if Kary isn't on it won't be a show anymore.  I want to see if she makes any changes too.  

On 5/7/2021 at 6:13 PM, Sweet-tea said:

I think it’s impolite to correct someone’s grammar. It calls attention to them in a negative way and makes the person correcting sound condescending. I would stay silent. If you really feel led to say something, then pull the person aside privately. Just my opinion. 

 

I don't like it on FB, half the time it is predictive text and not me.  I correct my son when he says a word incorrectly to help him, I don't do that to my friends. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think I'm a voice of one in all this, but for me, Tiffany came off far worse than Kam during the reunion.

From what I saw on the show, I haven't seen a single thing that Kam did that was racist.

I agree with her, too, that people are worried about being considered racist these days.  I also think people are too quick to cry racism where there is none. Kam didn't want to eat chicken feet regardless of where they came from. And, I am REALLY REALLY glad she explained how serving food people don't want is illegal. That was a HUGE mistake in my book. I know some may see at as a minor thing, but for me it crossed all sorts of lines.

Also, Tiffany's Tik Tok videos seem like the most racist thing I've seen or heard from any of these women other than Leaanne.  I'm not sure of the politics of that though. Is it ok for a person to mock their own ethnicity and culture and not others? And, I don't like how she talks to her girls. She might not think she's pressuring them but her emphasis on intelligence doesn't seem healthy.

I could probably get past alot of it, but she lied repeatedly during the reunion.  I give Kam props for holding her accountable.

Anyway, many had eally difficult years and it would be nice to see them all come back and try it again. Although based on their social media antics, it seems unlikely.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

Is it ok for a person to mock their own ethnicity and culture and not others?

Yes, it is. Much like people might mock their own family but not be ok with others doing the same.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/12/2021 at 6:16 PM, Jextella said:

I think I'm a voice of one in all this, but for me, Tiffany came off far worse than Kam during the reunion.

From what I saw on the show, I haven't seen a single thing that Kam did that was racist.

I agree with her, too, that people are worried about being considered racist these days.  I also think people are too quick to cry racism where there is none. Kam didn't want to eat chicken feet regardless of where they came from. And, I am REALLY REALLY glad she explained how serving food people don't want is illegal. That was a HUGE mistake in my book. I know some may see at as a minor thing, but for me it crossed all sorts of lines.

Also, Tiffany's Tik Tok videos seem like the most racist thing I've seen or heard from any of these women other than Leaanne.  I'm not sure of the politics of that though. Is it ok for a person to mock their own ethnicity and culture and not others? And, I don't like how she talks to her girls. She might not think she's pressuring them but her emphasis on intelligence doesn't seem healthy.

I could probably get past alot of it, but she lied repeatedly during the reunion.  I give Kam props for holding her accountable.

Anyway, many had eally difficult years and it would be nice to see them all come back and try it again. Although based on their social media antics, it seems unlikely.

I am not big on making rules for other people, so if Tiffany wants to do that, fine by me. But I think what she's missing is even though it's her culture (sort of, I mean she grew up in the USA, more like her heritage, but side issue), she's still, imo, perpetuating a stereotype of the angry, crazy, Asian "tiger" mom.  If she is genuinely concerned about cultural stereotyping, is that kind of portrayal going to serve her cause in the long run?  I think it's better to not participate in that kind of thing when you have no control over who will be viewing them and what kind of assumptions the viewers will be making after seeing them. But I'm a pragmatist.

I have only seen one -- of her throwing a shoe or something. I thought it was really disrespectful to her mother. Tiffany comes across as very entitled to me.

I find her very likeable naturally, but her behavior at the reunion was a turn off for me. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/13/2021 at 2:35 AM, Hiyo said:

Yes, it is. Much like people might mock their own family but not be ok with others doing the same.

 

That's always how I've seen it. I'm not so PC I think we can't all poke fun at our own. It should just never be hateful. 

49 minutes ago, Jel said:

I am not big on making rules for other people, so if Tiffany wants to do that, fine by me. But I think what she's missing is even though it's her culture (sort of, I mean she grew up in the USA, more like her heritage, but side issue), she's still, imo, perpetuating a stereotype of the angry, crazy, Asian "tiger" mom.  If she is genuinely concerned about cultural stereotyping, is that kind of portrayal going to serve her cause in the long run?  I think it's better to not participate in that kind of thing when you have no control over who will be viewing them and what kind of assumptions the viewers will be making after seeing them. But I'm a pragmatist.

I have only seen one -- of her throwing a shoe or something. I thought it was really disrespectful to her mother. Tiffany comes across as very entitled to me.

I find her very likeable naturally, but her behavior at the reunion was a turn off for me. 

Yes, I see where you're coming from too actually. I see nothing wrong with good-natured teasing. Most of my friends imitate their moms, immigrants or not. There are actually a lot of silly, funny videos out there on TikTok and such. But you're right it can go too far and feed into stereotypes. 

True. Even though when I saw the video I didn't think racist, I felt bad for her mom much of the season. Also, like you said, despite how Tiffany talks, she's spent almost her whole life in the US. I know coming here as a little girl all alone must have been scary, but I wonder if she realizes how hard it must have been for her parents. They did truly come from a different culture entirely, moved to a foreign country and built a life as adults. Learning a new language, trying to assimilate, hoping you'll make it, it's so much harder when you're older. I'm not saying it excuses everything, but it had to have affected their parenting. I've thought of moving myself, and I don't think I could handle anywhere other than Canada! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Kameron was being mean to Tiffany. I appreciated D standing up for Tiffany about her receipts. Kary got so humbled at the reunion when she's been showing her entire butt the entire season.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size