Type keyword(s) to search

Phineas And Ferb - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Editor's Note:

Discuss Phineas and Ferb here.

I didn't get a chance to really concentrate on the Star Wars episode while my kids watched it, but I did catch a couple things that I loved. First, the fact that everybody immediately caught the weakness on the Death Star and compared it to a self destruct button was so freaking great. Really the perfect way to connect the two stories.  And second was Phineas saying, "Oh, we're making modifications?" when Ferb's lightsaber became more elaborate, and then he asks him to hold on for a second while he takes out a screwdriver and starts tinkering.  Heh.

I didn't enjoy it as much as "Mission Marvel" but it was still a pretty good (non-canon) crossover. The funniest moments were probably the reference to Phineas and Candace's biological father and when Candace started questioning the Empire: "And didn't we just blow up a planet!?" And it turns out all Isabella needs to do to get Phineas' attention is completely change her personality.

First, the fact that everybody immediately caught the weakness on the Death Star and compared it to a self destruct button was so freaking great. Really the perfect way to connect the two stories.

Somehow I knew Doof would be involved with the fully operational Death Star's design.

I'm interested in seeing how they might handle the sequels but I still hope this was just a one-off. People seemed to get sick of Family Guy's Star Wars parodies, though I didn't even like the first one that much.

• Like 1

Some information about the next few episodes, in case people weren't paying attention:

"Lost in Danville" and "The Inator Method" air September 29 on Disney XD. Damon Lindelof (co-creator of Lost) worked on "Lost in Danville".

"Night of the Living Pharmacists" (an hour-long Halloween special) airs October 4 on Disney Channel.

Anyone have thoughts on Act Your Age, the episode set 10 years in the future? Worth the wait or more like a bad fanfic?

We now have proof that Phineas/Isabella, Ferb/Vanessa and Baljeet/Ginger are definitely going to happen. I should point out that in this episode Vanessa is 26 and Ferb has just finished high school.

Candace only had the one scene but I like the idea that her obsession with busting the boys will lead to an interest in law. No mention of her being married to Jeremy (or anyone else) even though her daughter would have been born at this point since she's a teenager in "Quantum Boogaloo".

Speaking of that episode, we still can't say for sure that Isabella doesn't marry Ferb after all this.

Perry/Lyla shippers won't be happy since the creators outright stated we won't ever see Perry with a girlfriend. It doesn't really matter, we all know Doof is Perry's true soul mate.

Doof successfully gave up being evil for ten whole years following "Doof 101"? Did not see that coming.

The best joke was Baljeet describing how Isabella's eyes would somehow change into heart shapes. Swampy crying at the end was good too.

I did like Act Your Age. But, I didn't feel like it brought any closure to the series. Well, to be fair, ending the endless summer would probably be disappointing no matter how they went about doing it. 

Wait--are you saying that Act Your Age was a series finale? No more new P&F?

No, the series isn't over. No idea when they're actually airing new episodes but there are definitely more in this season.

AFAIK Act Your Age is as much of an epilogue as we're going to get since production of new episodes has stopped indefinitely. I think you're right about there being some unaired episodes though.

AFAIK Act Your Age is as much of an epilogue as we're going to get since production of new episodes has stopped indefinitely. I think you're right about there being some unaired episodes though.

I didn't know that. That breaks my heart. I love this show! 

Do you have a source for this? I know there was a halt in production last year but it was only temporary. Earlier this month Dan Povenmire tweeted that JK Simmons was recording lines for a new episode (he's been on the show twice before).

Brandi Maxxxx, a quick Google search came up with this from last year which could be what Windfall is referring to. Cartoon Brew basically stating that all the artists have been laid off even as Swampy Marsh protests that the show isn't over yet.  But this is over a year old. Otherwise all I can find is maybe cancellation buzz but no confirmation either way. 

I liked this last episode but I am very sad about this series ending. It's rare that the four season and done that Disney does bugs me but this one did. This is a well written, clever and sweet show. Too many of the series on Disney and Disney XD are not, especially the animated ones. I love Gravity Falls too but the rest of the animated series not so much.

This one ended as it always was: great. I always like the episodes that have Candace working with the boys. I did miss the fireside girls.

• Love 2

Is the last episode of a cartoon supposed to make me cry? Because this one did. I, too, am sorry it's ending. It was a lot of fun -- I got my niece and nephew to watch it.

This is a well written, clever and sweet show.

Agreed.

This is my favorite show and will probably remain so for a long time, even though it's now ended.  This show is great to cheer people up or just a good way to unwind.

My favorite episode has to be the prehistoric one, though there were so many also that were awesome.  

They ended the last episode well.  The last song brought back a lot of great memories, and I liked how afterwards they had just Phineas looking at the camera one last time.

• Love 1

I missed so many episodes when P&F were moved to Disney XD.  Stars aligned or something because I was able to see this episode at a hotel while on our Summer Vacation.   I did wonder where were Jeremy and Stacy?

Hated to see this series end!  I do hope Disney will let it run as early morning filler.

They didn't mention Jeremy in the episode where they all went into the future.  They didn't mention him in Act Your Age either.  Although Stacy got a mention as president of Paraguay - or something like that.  It has been a while since I've seen that episode. It makes me think that Candace and Jeremy didn't stay together. It seems like Candace had a situation more like her mother.  The two kids sitting under the fake tree might not have been related.  

I wondered about Vanessa ending up with Ferb, considering that she was with Monty Monogram.  That might have been an interesting angle as well. Although, I wanted her to end up with Ferb.   

They didn't mention Jeremy in the episode where they all went into the future.  They didn't mention him in Act Your Age either.  Although Stacy got a mention as president of Paraguay - or something like that.  It has been a while since I've seen that episode. It makes me think that Candace and Jeremy didn't stay together. It seems like Candace had a situation more like her mother.  The two kids sitting under the fake tree might not have been related.  

I wondered about Vanessa ending up with Ferb, considering that she was with Monty Monogram.  That might have been an interesting angle as well. Although, I wanted her to end up with Ferb.   

Though it was not confirmed, since Candace had Amanda and Xavier +1, I just figured that she was married to Jeremy because that was her plan.  I do hope that they get together and stay together.

I too thought it would interesting to have the kids of Doofenshmertz and Monogram get together, but ultimately the plan was for Ferb and Vanessa to be together.

I do wish that a line could have been spared for Jeremy and Stacy each, though I would have loved for both of them to have been in the series finale.

Just watching a live blog about the new Disney+ streaming service and they announced a new, exclusive to streaming P&F movie.  Now we just need a go live date... they haven't announced that yet.

• Love 1

The movie has been out for a while now and it was pretty great.

Also there are two new seasons coming. I hope they can correct the greatest injustice from the original series (almost)-finale. I mean how was eveverybody with the person they were meant to be with, at the end of that one, but Buford and Baljeet weren't together? Doesn't make any sense!

• Like 1