Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/3/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

There's really nothing that he could say or do that would be "correct" in her eyes, because her priority is disparaging him.

Agreed!  If Dr Fauci thought to himself "Well, maybe I'm being too strict" and said everybody can get together, if there was a spike in cases, who do you think would say, "Well, Fauci said I could go out!"

• Love 19

This mask brouhaha is ridiculous. Someone posted here earlier this week a myriad of reasons why one might want to continue to wear a mask. In my case, I haven't gotten a cold or flu in the last year and I usually spend a good chunk of the winter sick. So I can see myself wearing a mask in certain situations even when I am fully vaxxed. Plus people in other cultures/countries have been wearing masks for years. I watched a movie the other day that was from the nineties and a few people travelling on transit were wearing masks.

Also, you can still get covid even when fully vaccinated--you just won't get as sick and you won't die. But if you don't want to get sick the mask makes sense.

I live in a hot spot where people actually organized a rodeo that the gov't told them they could not hold. They defied the order, and most people were maskless. They know we are the hotspot of Canada and the US, and they just don't care. 

And I am sure MeAgain was out socializing well before she got fully vaxxed. Her eagerness to go to Vegas is strange. We love Vegas too, but we won't be going there for a long long time.

• Love 19

The highlight of today's show (IMO) was Emmanuel Acho's rainbow analogy in reference to hearing someone comment that they "don't see color".    What a pleasant, non-aggressive manner of educating someone on the failing of their thinking.  "The goal in life should never be not to see color, but rather see color, be cultured, and give it the value that it deserves at its essence."  Lovely comment.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Agreed!  If Dr Fauci thought to himself "Well, maybe I'm being too strict" and said everybody can get together, if there was a spike in cases, who do you think would say, "Well, Fauci said I could go out!"

He and the other experts can't win with her. I wonder why Meghan, who never met a selfie she didn't like, didn't photograph herself being vaccinated. Would that go against her brand? I don't get it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Bingo.

She’s far too wrapped up in tribalism and attacking the liberals to actually do something to help by encouraging her side to get the vaccine so we can end this pandemic and therefore won’t have to wear masks anymore.

Well, she came up with an ad campaign, but no one seems to be calling her back...

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, catlover79 said:

He and the other experts can't win with her. I wonder why Meghan, who never met a selfie she didn't like, didn't photograph herself being vaccinated. Would that go against her brand? I don't get it.

Maybe it’s too hard for her to make those awful duck lips while getting a shot.

• LOL 10
Just now, whydoiwatchtv said:

Maybe it’s too hard for her to make those awful duck lips while getting a shot.

It would be hard to see them behind a mask, anyway. Are there any pictures of her around with a mask on? 

Thank goodness Ana is on tomorrow. I've been wanting to hear her take on several events happening this week. Knowing her, she'll have plenty to say and I'm here for it.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I was shocked to find out she got both Moderna shots. I thought I must have missed the selfies! 

5 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

Well, she came up with an ad campaign, but no one seems to be calling her back...

Can you picture her on the phone trying to get the ad out?

"This is I, Meghan McCain, co-host of The View. You don't care? Well, do you know who MyFather was? What, you're not impressed and and not bragging about him being the greatest man ever? WTF?! I'll have to educate you about being the product of greatness later. Anyway, I have a brilliant ad campaign. You're not interested? It's your job to listen to me! I've been in politics all my life. Forget Dr. Fauci, he made me give my masks away.  I'm the one with the answers! What do you think of get a shot, take a shot? Hello? Hello? Oh no you did not just hung up on the Princess of Arizona!"

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
(edited)

Sara (re: Olympic athlete protesters): "Those images of Carlos and Smith are so powerful. I hadn't been born and yet I vividly remember those images."

Meghan's inner thoughts: "how does Sara remember that if she hadn't been born yet? 

Emoji Think GIF

Edited by Blissfool
  • LOL 20
  • Love 3

I side-eye Emmanuel Acho. To me, he's trying his hand at everything media-related in order to keep his name in the game. It seemed to me he speaks in analogies and old adages in order to sound smart.

- "if you want to change the world you must impact the mind of the youth"

- children/roots analogy

- Oreo analogy

- the rainbow analogy

- "prejudice is a willful commitment to ignorance"

- "you either please all people some of the time, or some people all of the time, but you can't please all people all of the time"

- "It's hard to serve money and serve equality.."

And I laughed because he told each of the co-hosts some version of "That's a good question..."

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Also, you can still get covid even when fully vaccinated--you just won't get as sick and you won't die. But if you don't want to get sick the mask makes sense.

I live in a hot spot where people actually organized a rodeo that the gov't told them they could not hold. They defied the order, and most people were maskless. They know we are the hotspot of Canada and the US, and they just don't care.

You must be near Calgary ... I love Rodeo, but that was ridiculous!!  I'd be interested to know how many end up in hospital after attending that "super spreader".  GAWD!!!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I know intellectually what you are saying may be correct but I just cannot believe in my heart that people are tuning in for her, she offers nothing of value.  

Exactly. People watch in spite of Meghan, not because of her.

• Love 14
54 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I side-eye Emmanuel Acho. To me, he's trying his hand at everything media-related in order to keep his name in the game. It seemed to me he speaks in analogies and old adages in order to sound smart.

- children/roots analogy

- Oreo analogy

- the rainbow analogy

- "you either please all people some of the time, or some people all of the time, but you can't please all people all of the time"

And I laughed because he told each of the co-hosts some version of "That's a good question..."

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!  I wasn’t impressed.  As a matter of fact, I found him annoying.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

You must be near Calgary ... I love Rodeo, but that was ridiculous!!  I'd be interested to know how many end up in hospital after attending that "super spreader".  GAWD!!!

Yes. I also love Rodeo, but these people were idiots. And we, who are following the rules, just end up being locked down for longer and longer. It is maddening.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Blissfool said:

9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!  I wasn’t impressed.  As a matter of fact, I found him annoying.

Can I join your table?  I thought it was just me.  He seemed nice but he reminded me of a comic who is "on" when he is on stage but completely different when off stage.

9 hours ago, catlover79 said:
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I know intellectually what you are saying may be correct but I just cannot believe in my heart that people are tuning in for her, she offers nothing of value.  

Exactly. People watch in spite of Meghan, not because of her.

If people are watching because of Meghan it's hate watching.  And I know hate watchers count the same as anyone else in ratings but honestly it has ruined the View.  For people like me who avoid obnoxious people spouting half truths and disinformation to have someone like that on a show that I have enjoyed for over 20 years sucks.   Meghan is like an unruly bratty child who keeps getting rewarded for her bad behavior.  

• Love 18
(edited)

“Kicking off National Nurses’ Week” on Friday?

Too bad Meg isn’t there to get some clear messaging from Dr Walensky.

Sunny, what the heck with the hair, makeup, and top today?  She looks like a Disney Princess. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Can I join your table?  I thought it was just me.  He seemed nice but he reminded me of a comic who is "on" when he is on stage but completely different when off stage.

If people are watching because of Meghan it's hate watching.  And I know hate watchers count the same as anyone else in ratings but honestly it has ruined the View.  For people like me who avoid obnoxious people spouting half truths and disinformation to have someone like that on a show that I have enjoyed for over 20 years sucks.   Meghan is like an unruly bratty child who keeps getting rewarded for her bad behavior.  

Exactly

• Love 2

Ana seemed to take a nice swipe at New Yorkers who move to Florida;

'Donald Trump lives in Florida. All his children moved here, like every other New Yorker,  it seems...'

I had to remind myself that Ana is not a native Floridian either. Some come from another state like NY, others come from another country - like Cuba.

Can you imagine if Ivanka Trump said 'Ana Navarro moved here, like every other Cuban, it seems.' Wouldn't go over well, would it ?

(edited)
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

If people are watching because of Meghan it's hate watching.  And I know hate watchers count the same as anyone else in ratings but honestly it has ruined the View. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Meganutz came over from a highly rated FOX show similar to 'The View' (called 'The Five'). I have a feeling she brought over a huge demographic of viewers from her former show on FOX, and now they've been watching 'The View' because they enjoy her - and agree with her arguments. Gotta give credit were credit is due.

7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Anna isn't from Cuba. She was born in Nicaragua.

My apologies - I always thought she said she was from Cuba.

So imagine if Ivanka said "Ana moved here to Florida from Nicaragua, like ever other Nicaraguan, it seems.'

Still wouldn't go over well.

And then this woman says, "The other day I had this lady come up to me, who literally looked like she was the last survivor of The Mayflower'."

WTF did she mean by that insult (it certainly wasn't a compliment). As a New Englander, where MANY residents are descendants from families who traveled the Mayflower and settled here, WTF did she mean by that ?

Edited by LetsStartTalking
3 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

So imagine if Ivanka said "Ana moved here to Florida from Nicaragua, like ever other Nicaraguan, it seems.'

Still wouldn't go over well.

Apples and oranges because Florida and New York are in the same country. Whereas your example is comparing people coming from a different country.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Apples and oranges because Florida and New York are in the same country. Whereas your example is comparing people coming from a different country.

Neither are Florida natives, so the argument doesn't hold.

15 hours ago, Sharper2002 said:

There's always TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, FB, etc. - I don't know why Meghan didn't just start her wonderful ad campaign on there.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

When I saw on Instagram yesterday that Meghan had gotten her second Moderna shot I knew she wouldn't be there today.  I had Moderna and felt horrible the day after the second shot so I know she might be miserable  today, but, I also thought she might take feeling bad as another opportunity to bash President Biden for something she feels he personally did to the American people.  We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Axie
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Axie said:

When I saw on Instagram yesterday that Meghan had gotten her second Moderna shot I knew she wouldn't be there today.  I had Moderna and felt horrible the day after the second shot so I know she might be miserable  today, but, I also thought she might take feeling bad as another opportunity to bash President Biden for something she feels he personally did to the American people.  We'll have to wait and see.

And she has to wait two whole weeks before it’s effective!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And then this woman says, "The other day I had this lady come up to me, who literally looked like she was the last survivor of The Mayflower'."

WTF did she mean by that insult (it certainly wasn't a compliment). As a New Englander, where MANY residents are descendants from families who traveled the Mayflower and settled here, WTF did she mean by that ?

As you quoted, she didn't say she was a descendant of the Mayflower, but a survivor of the Mayflower, meaning the bitch was old.

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And she has to wait two whole weeks before it’s effective!

So, can we expect a few Meghan-less days somewhere around May 21st, while she's whooping it up, gambling and drinking shots in Las Vegas?   

• LOL 10

Acho seemed like a nice guy, but I noticed the same thing, @Blissfool , I guess I got tripped up with the tree metaphor... First I was thinking of what in the world he meant by "plucking leaves." Then I wondered how would it be possible to "change a tree's roots"? Wouldn't the only way you could do that be to uproot it and plant it in different soil?? But a person's "roots" would be their memories / upbringing, and unless you can time travel, it's not possible to change those things. By the time I came back out of the zone of overthinking that metaphor to death, he was dropping the "You cannot foolplease all the people all of the time" quote, lol.

Anyway, wonderful show today! Sara really has become one of the best parts of the show. She and Sunny do the heavy lifting for sure. Joy looked great, but her hair in particular has looked much better since she was vaccinated and she started to allow more people in her home.

• Love 8

@TheGreenKnight, I hope we get that dinner party soon!!! I know Sara has especially been looking forward to it. 🥰

@cslustig, thanks for that article. It was glorious to watch them unload on Fox "News". If The Princess was watching at home, I'm sure steam was coming out of her ears. 😝

It was also nice to have just four on the panel today as each one got more time to give her take, and it felt more like a real conversation than something beamed out on national TV. It truly was a wonderful show today, and a fitting way to end the week. Kudos, ladies. 🥂

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

So, can we expect a few Meghan-less days somewhere around May 21st, while she's whooping it up, gambling and drinking shots in Las Vegas?   

What a brainless twit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

It was also nice to have just four on the panel today as each one got more time to give her take, and it felt more like a real conversation than something beamed out on national TV. It truly was a wonderful show today, and a fitting way to end the week. Kudos, ladies. 🥂

I really do think this virtual show works so much better with 4 panelists instead of 5.  It gives everyone a chance to talk and feels more conversational.   I'll also add the shows where I've noticed this most have been Friday shows with Ana and without Whoopi and MM 

1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

It had nothing to do with the lady being a New Englander.   She was just calling the lady old.  The story Ana told was about a woman she encountered who said  Biden was too old and had dementia.   Ana's statement about the woman being the last survivor of the Mayflower was pointing out the woman's hypocrisy.   No different than saying someone was older than Methuselah....LOL  It's not an insult to the people of the ancient middle east.  

• Love 22
20 hours ago, bannana said:

This mask brouhaha is ridiculous. Someone posted here earlier this week a myriad of reasons why one might want to continue to wear a mask. In my case, I haven't gotten a cold or flu in the last year and I usually spend a good chunk of the winter sick. So I can see myself wearing a mask in certain situations even when I am fully vaxxed. Plus people in other cultures/countries have been wearing masks for years. I watched a movie the other day that was from the nineties and a few people travelling on transit were wearing masks.

And I am sure MeAgain was out socializing well before she got fully vaxxed. Her eagerness to go to Vegas is strange. We love Vegas too, but we won't be going there for a long long time.

Totally agree on the mask comments.  And yeah, I find her constant references to going to Vegas odd as well--maybe I'm just a stick-in-the-mud, but Vegas wasn't on my top 10 list of places to after having my first kid (even without a pandemic). And after the pandemic, I can think of lots of places I'd want to travel to long before Vegas showed up on the list.  If she was in her 20's, maybe?  But she's not.

17 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Sara (re: Olympic athlete protesters): "Those images of Carlos and Smith are so powerful. I hadn't been born and yet I vividly remember those images."

Meghan's inner thoughts: "how does Sara remember that if she hadn't been born yet? 

Emoji Think GIF

Or how is someone actually aware of things that happened before s/he was born?  Where do they get that info?  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Speaking of old, I always crack up every time Ana (who isn't even 50 yet) starts a sentence with, "I'm so old, I remember when..." 😂

Esp when there is someone on the panel who's twenty years older.  FYI, you should only use that phrase "I'm so old..." when you're the oldest one in the room!  Sorry, big pet peeve of mine.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Esp when there is someone on the panel who's twenty years older.  FYI, you should only use that phrase "I'm so old..." when you're the oldest one in the room!  Sorry, big pet peeve of mine.

Well, she’s being sarcastic and facetious when she says it. Actually, of the four ladies on today, the only one younger than Ana is Sara.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Ummm...that "last survivor of the Mayflower," was quick, funny, and descriptive.  I assume MOST viewers got it.  Additionally, that "last survivor" could NOT be a New Englander. First, most likely she traveled from England; secondly, there was not yet a NEW England.

And "WTF did she mean by that?"  EGAD!  She meant that the woman looked SO OLD that she was alive in 1620.    

Insult?  Insult?   You've caused me to try to explain humor...and that rarely works.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

“Kicking off National Nurses’ Week” on Friday?

The days of the week vary.  Each year it begins  on May 6th , and ends on May 12th, Florence Nightingale's birthday.

• Useful 8
2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:
19 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Sara (re: Olympic athlete protesters): "Those images of Carlos and Smith are so powerful. I hadn't been born and yet I vividly remember those images."

Emoji Think GIF

Expand  

Or how is someone actually aware of things that happened before s/he was born?  Where do they get that info?

I'm surprised at the question.  Sara, like most Americans (regardless of age), knows the image well--the image.  It's an iconic image published all over the world.  Sold in galleries all over the world.  You can buy it on Amazon.    Where do they get that info?

• History books
  • Documentaries
  • Newspaper sports references
  • Newspaper Black Lives Matter references
  • Libraries
  • Schools (elementary to university)image.thumb.png.877334f488e1be570c54fb37f057be2e.png
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Bronzedog said:
19 hours ago, Blissfool said:

- children/roots analogy

- Oreo analogy

- the rainbow analogy

Expand  

I didn't watch.  Has he had time yet to get clothing that fits?  I worried that his "Bachelor" suit was cutting offhis circulation.

• LOL 5
20 hours ago, catlover79 said:

It would be hard to see them behind a mask, anyway. Are there any pictures of her around with a mask on? 

Thank goodness Ana is on tomorrow. I've been wanting to hear her take on several events happening this week. Knowing her, she'll have plenty to say and I'm here for it.

I can see her being so vain as to not want any single pic be taken of her in a mask. No More Wire Selfies!

21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I have always thought Sara was underrated, but I'm enjoying her more than ever. When it comes to nonpolitical talk, she's my #1 favorite. Regarding politics, she's never pretended to "be in politics all her life" or that she's got all the answers. Imo, it's the dumbest people who are always so sure they know everything. (Insert Meghan McCain joke.) However, Sara is a smart, thoughtful woman who is objective and respectful. She's not a know-it-all. She's not a partisan hack. This is lacking not just on The View, but in the media in general. Whether I agree with her or not, I really appreciate that she speaks from the heart. I think some people don't give her enough credit because she's a beautiful girl and not forceful with her views. 

Wow you put that Great.  I totally agree.  I think i got lucky and caught her at the very beginning of her career and knew that she was a good person in and out.  Through her ups and downs and ups again.  Its just been a pleasure.  🤗🙃

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I didn't watch.  Has he had time yet to get clothing that fits?  I worried that his "Bachelor" suit was cutting offhis circulation.

I didn’t notice what he was wearing.  I just felt like he was screaming at me for 10 minutes and I won’t be watching him on anything else.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Ummm...that "last survivor of the Mayflower," was quick, funny, and descriptive.  I assume MOST viewers got it.  Additionally, that "last survivor" could NOT be a New Englander. First, most likely she traveled from England; secondly, there was not yet a NEW England.

And "WTF did she mean by that?"  EGAD!  She meant that the woman looked SO OLD that she was alive in 1620.    

Insult?  Insult?   You've caused me to try to explain humor...and that rarely works.

As the old saying goes, 'If humor has to be explained, then it isn't humorous'. BTW, I didn't say the survivor was a New Englander, I said many New Englanders are descendants from the Mayflower - there's a difference.

8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I am not going to debate the issue, as I understand, this wasn't even a topic on the show that was discussed.

It wasn't a topic, it was a snide remark said by Ana on the show,  against Trump and his family and other New Yorkers. As a transplant herself, she had no reason to make that comment.

I didn’t notice his clothes but I'm pretty sure he was wearing loafers with no socks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm surprised at the question.  Sara, like most Americans (regardless of age), knows the image well--the image.  It's an iconic image published all over the world.  Sold in galleries all over the world.  You can buy it on Amazon.    Where do they get that info?

• History books
  • Documentaries
  • Newspaper sports references
  • Newspaper Black Lives Matter references
  • Libraries
  • Schools (elementary to university)image.thumb.png.877334f488e1be570c54fb37f057be2e.png

I wasn’t actually asking that question myself. I know the answer!   I was being sarcastic about meghans thought process on something like this when she uses the “I wasn’t born yet” excuse..like she thinks you have to live it to know about it?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7