Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

The View: Week of 5/3/2021

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Well, they wouldn’t listen to her brilliant PSA idea. 🙄. Meg would rather keep complaining than do something helpful. 

I missed it - what WAS her brilliant PSA idea?  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I missed it - what WAS her brilliant PSA idea?  

 

She didn’t say, she just pouted. 

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

"thread the needle both ways."  

WHAT????? 

Does she (or her "people") even hear how ridiculous that is? Good grief.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree with Sara that booing is rude. 

In most cases, I'd agree. I am 100% behind booing The Princess!! 😉😝😂

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/30/2021 at 9:45 PM, RealHousewife said:

I wasn't familiar with Emmanuel Acho until he hosted the Bachelor finale. I thought he did a wonderful job.  

I worried that his suit was going to pop off due to the strain on the fabric.  It will be interesting if he wears something that fits.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I liked it when Joy said that wearing a seat belt was never politicized like wearing a mask.   I have never understood the fake outrage over wearing one. It is meant to protect others and yourself.  Has Nutmeg who claims to be a Christian forgotten that we are our brother's keepers.

Why did she shade Romney for having been pro-choice in the past and questioning his allegiance to being anti-choice..   Nutmeg is just weird and needs to go away.. 

I wondered the same - and I can't recall Meghan faulting Trump for having the same pro-choice views in the past and when he decided to become a Republican in order to run for President, his view on that topic changed to pro-life also.  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Why is she allowed to interrupt Sarah but the rest of them have to zip their lips while MM is talking?  She's ruining this show for me.

  • That ship has sailed.
  • And sunk.
  • And no undersea exploration companies are willing to search.
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

 

7 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Ok well now we know she is vacc'd.  So that's all of them isnt it?  So why can't they go back into the studio?

I think Whoopi and Joy have a lot of power over production. If they say no, then it's no.

(If this is true, I don't think it's right.)

5 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

She knows the slogan is so good, so perfect that if she dares say it, it’ll get stolen immediately and she’ll get no credit🙄

It's probably Take a shot if you get a shot. 🤣  Y'know kinda like Israel's slogan, but not.

 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

What's the over/under that The Princess gets a timeout tomorrow? Not that it will do any good, it never does.

Whoopi said something in today's show about not being comfortable going outside yet, despite being vaccinated. I really can't blame her.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

It's probably Take a shot if you get a shot. 🤣  Y'know kinda like Israel's slogan, but not.

So, a shot of whiskey?  Or a chance to shoot a gun?  

3 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Whoopi said something in today's show about not being comfortable going outside yet, despite being vaccinated. I really can't blame her.

Yeah. I'm vaccinated, but still nervous about being out among people. I've seen so few people in person over the past year, I'm in hermit mode.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

Well. all I can say is it was worth slogging through the first 53 minutes of the show, and the puckering up Whoopi, Sara*, and Sunny did to Billy Porter's ass (as predicted) , just to see Adam Glassman at the end - in his Oprah's favorite face-lift - pushing Oprah's favorite truffle oils and eye cream.  I mean, one can not have enough truflle oil in one's pantry, and on can not have enough eye creams in one's medicine cabinet...can they ?

 

*Sara told Porter he looked "fabulous" in his outfit on the red carpet last week at the Oscars. Again, she told him he 'looked fabulous' as they showed a photo of him on the red carpet. Sorry, but if that man walked down the street in public towards you, looking like that, the last word anyone would use to describe him is 'fabulous'. Most people would cross the street to get away from him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I missed it - what WAS her brilliant PSA idea?  

MyFather's daughter wanted to be the spokesmodel for Republicans getting vaccines to get one before her age group became eligible.  But Ivanka already did that and only in MeAgain's mind does she speak for all Republicans. MeAgain would probably turn people off, especially since she has been flip flopping and saying incorrect things on The View about vaccines, so why would "her tribe" listen to her now?

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

So, a shot of whiskey?  Or a chance to shoot a gun?  

Knowing her, both - and at the same time!!

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Yeah. I'm vaccinated, but still nervous about being out among people. I've seen so few people in person over the past year, I'm in hermit mode.

Sending you virtual hugs, @tinkerbell!! It's weird, because my job is considered essential and I was part of the 1A group that got vaccinated early - I've been out there, and now that I broke a bone in my foot I've barely left the house these past two weeks. I do feel isolated (and I'm an introverted homebody by nature) and afraid to go back to my regular routine when the time comes. Whoopi and the rest of the cast have been at this for over a year, so I can only imagine how daunting returning to the studio and eventually an audience must be.

Good on Sunny for shutting The Princess down as best she could. Not only is Sunny a lawyer and a doctor's wife, but this disease is personal to her. She lost her parents-in-law to COVID-19, and from what I can gather she loved them very much. I don't blame her at all for being upset.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

MyFather's daughter wanted to be the spokesmodel for Republicans getting vaccines to get one before her age group became eligible.  But Ivanka already did that and only in MeAgain's mind does she speak for all Republicans. MeAgain would probably turn people off, especially since she has been flip flopping and saying incorrect things on The View about vaccines, so why would "her tribe" listen to her now?

There's no reason Meghan couldn't tape herself talking about the vaccine and putting it online. She could even buy time and put it on TV. She has money.

I dont know how effective it would be. But its better than whining.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

There's no reason Meghan couldn't tape herself talking about the vaccine and putting it online. She could even buy time and put it on TV. She has money.

Yes, and we all know how much she loves to rant - ahem, talk. 😝

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

That top, that hair, that makeup... whoever they have styling Meghan McCain really, really, REALLY hates her, don’t they? 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

t's probably Take a shot if you get a shot. 🤣  Y'know kinda like Israel's slogan, but not.

 

I heard it was "Get shit-faced and fuck the libs".  I unsure why Joe Biden didn't jump right on that. But there is still time, so...

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Good on Sunny for shutting The Princess down as best she could. Not only is Sunny a lawyer and a doctor's wife, but this disease is personal to her. She lost her parents-in-law to COVID-19, and from what I can gather she loved them very much. I don't blame her at all for being upset.

One of my favorite things about Sunny is how family oriented she is. I think both her parents now live with her too. She has a big heart. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

That top, that hair, that makeup... whoever they have styling Meghan McCain really, really, REALLY hates her, don’t they? 

That top looks like a nightgown from the 1800s.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Knowing her, both - and at the same time!!

shooting nova scotia GIF by lilcozynostril

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

When everyone else was dissing Noem, MeAgain had a sour face. Joy even called her the new Sarah Palin. Ouch!

MeAgain touted a Noem/Hawley ticket just before the 1/6 insurrection and then after Hawley's fall from grace, she deleted that tweet.

She said that Sara was lying about SD and people dying from Covid still denying they had Covid. Why didn't anyone accuse MeAgain of lying when she said the White House was calling people morons and hillbillies for not getting vaccinated?

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

That top looks like a nightgown from the 1800s.

I was going to say it looked like something my grandmother would wear, but I’d never insult my grandmother like that.

The color was bad, but the style was so unflattering. When you have large upper arms with broad shoulders and a weak chin (no shade on Meghan, I’m built that way myself) you generally don’t want a top with a tight high neck and a lot of volume in the sleeves. If she’s choosing her own wardrobe she needs to hire a stylist. If she has a stylist, they hate her and she needs to hire another one. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

When you have large upper arms with broad shoulders and a weak chin (no shade on Meghan, I’m built that way myself) you generally don’t want a top with a tight high neck and a lot of volume in the sleeves.

Yeah, this is really a no-brainer. No big shoulders, always a v-neck. We have seen her in outfits that flatter. It's not that complicated. But this again points out how really stupid MeAgain is. She will say crazy embarrassing shit, and she will wear horrid outfits and hair-do's because...she's a "rabble rouser" and doesn't care what anyone thinks about her.

It is hard for me to believe she doesn't care, when she then complains how vilified and attacked she is.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yeah. I'm vaccinated, but still nervous about being out among people. I've seen so few people in person over the past year, I'm in hermit mode.

I've been forced, via a community with a lot of people who do the bare minimums with social distancing, to confront this for most of the Pandemic. The first 6-8 weeks I could avoid humans, but it became impractical eventually. It might be different if I shopped on large enough batches to have everything delivered... but I don't.  So Supermarkets every few weeks, and people routinely continuing to be unmindful, has been my reality. I mean even a large store gets pinched in the aisles when people don't care, and in the lines leaving, nobody pays any attention to the six foot marks. 

8 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

That top, that hair, that makeup... whoever they have styling Meghan McCain really, really, REALLY hates her, don’t they? 

I hope she does a lot of it herself, so we can confirm she hates herself... 

2 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

All I got for getting my vaccine was the knowledge I have done my part in keeping myself and the people around me safe.

Three free Krispy Kreme Donuts so far... 

One employee confirmed for me they actually have people who show up every single day for them. Geez. 

  • Like 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

 

Yeah. I'm vaccinated, but still nervous about being out among people. I've seen so few people in person over the past year, I'm in hermit mode.

I went out to eat for the first time in over a year after I was fully vaccinated last month and it felt weird.  I didn't like it.  I guess I will go back to cooking which in all honesty I enjoy much more.

13 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I mean even a large store gets pinched in the aisles when people don't care, and in the lines leaving, nobody pays any attention to the six foot marks. 

There are stores I have been purposefully avoiding because they get so crowded.  

When the do eventually come back to the studio I doubt they will have an audience at first.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Just watching yesterday’s show.  This is not the first time I’ve heard MegaMouth say that the White House is calling conservatives dumb hillbillies.  What is she talking about?  And the messaging about the vaccine is not horrible.  We’ve all been given the information.  The horrible part is what people like her are acting like.  She expects the POTUS to coddle them?  Ask them nicely?  Hold their hands and praise them for being brave? Give them a sucker afterwards?   It worked with my kids when they were two year olds😂😂

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

The horrible part is what people like her are acting like.  She expects the POTUS to coddle them?  Ask them nicely?  Hold their hands and praise them for being brave? Give them a sucker afterwards?

It sounds like you are describing, what is the word I'm looking for?  Oh yeah. Snowflakes.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

MM - "I don't like to judge people's marriages and bedrooms"

::Planned Parenthood just entered the chat:: 

  • Like 18
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

When the do eventually come back to the studio I doubt they will have an audience at first.

The Talk has been back in studio since September and they still don't have an audience. Is Wendy the only daytime host now with an audience (albeit limited and distanced)?

Share this post


Link to post

What a boring episode. The Gates divorce, the Royals, and Sunny’s book.  Zzzzzzzz

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Did she just say that The Queen is a legacy?  In the context she was speaking, I think she meant to say “the Queennis a legend”?     Good Lord!  There used to be an old comedian, Norm Crosby.  They called him “the King of malaprop” (or something like that) because he intentionally used the wrong words all of the time.  That is who she reminds me of!

 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

The Talk has been back in studio since September and they still don't have an audience. Is Wendy the only daytime host now with an audience (albeit limited and distanced)?

Wendy's audience is made up of her staff, whom she works with every day on her show. She's still not allowing the public to come in to the studio.

 

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

Did she just say that The Queen is a legacy?  In the context she was speaking, I think she meant to say “the Queennis a legend”?     Good Lord!  There used to be an old comedian, Norm Crosby.  They called him “the King of malaprop” (or something like that) because he intentionally used the wrong words all of the time.  That is who she reminds me of!

 

Yes.  Norm Crosby.  I didn’t enjoy watching him and I enjoy Meghan even less.

Sorry, but I just don’t like Elisabeth Warren either.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I can't believe we're half-way through the show, and Whoopi hasn't said "May the Fourth Be With You" like she's done most every year since 2008. Unless she's saving that gem for the end of the show. It's so original every year.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Yes.  Norm Crosby.  I didn’t enjoy watching him and I enjoy Meghan even less.

Sorry, but I just don’t like Elisabeth Warren either.

I didn’t think he was funny either!  And I don’t think MM is smart so, either way- the misuse of words doesn’t work.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, 2JEWELL said:

I didn’t think he was funny either!  And I don’t think MM is smart so, either way- the misuse of words doesn’t work.

Unless it's Damon Wayans as Oswald Bates on In Living Color.

He was hilarious.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Wendy's audience is made up of her staff, whom she works with every day on her show. She's still not allowing the public to come in to the studio.

 

Thanks for clarifying. I only see the closing credits before The View starts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Thanks for clarifying. I only see the closing credits before The View starts.

That's the only way to watch The Wendy Williams Show.  The closing credits are the best part.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopi, I'm so disappointed in you. So disappointed...no "may the fourth be with you" this year. Terrible - just terrible.

 

And couldn't they have delayed that cute (in a nauseating way) tribute from the staff's kids to their moms on Friday - a bit closer to Mother's Day ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I cringe when the show starts talking about the British monarchy because they treat it like a reality TV show instead of as the head of state of several countries.  Queen Elizabeth is the sovereign of 15 countries including Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Jamaica, and the former head (now Charles) of the Commonwealth which consists of 54 countries. That's why they get more attention than the King of Bahrain, not because they've got good PR people.

It feels disrespectful to weigh the government of more than a dozen countries based on whether William and Kate are exciting to the hosts. William's grandfather lived till he was 99. By the time William is approaching that in 60 years, there may not be a Great Britain. In 2081, there may not be an Earth as we know it.

For weeks, including yesterday, Meghan has been saying that it's the WH's responsibility to convince Republicans to get vaccinated. Today she asked Warren how Democrats can convince Republicans that child care is important. Why does she think that it's the Democrats' responsibility to get Republicans to accept reality rather than the Republican leaders?

  • Like 21
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Today she asked Warren how Democrats can convince Republicans that child care is important.

If the self-proclaimed lone female Conservative voice in MSM can't do it, how can Democrats do it?

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I cringe when the show starts talking about the British monarchy because they treat it like a reality TV show instead of as the head of state of several countries. 

Yep.  They've been doing that for years and it has always pissed me off.  An embarrassing display of their ignorance. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

 

For weeks, including yesterday, Meghan has been saying that it's the WH's responsibility to convince Republicans to get vaccinated. Today she asked Warren how Democrats can convince Republicans that child care is important. Why does she think that it's the Democrats' responsibility to get Republicans to accept reality rather than the Republican leaders?

Yes.  When the republicans in power have been adamant that they will NOT cooperate with President Biden, when they vote as a group against anything he does, and then (most of them)  refuse to acknowledge that he won the election and is the legitimate president, how are the Democrats responsible for CONVINCING them to do anything?  Meghan is denying the reality of the situation. 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

The discussion of the Royal Family showed several odd perspectives among the panel. The Royal Family "got rid of" the people who were interesting? My impression is that Harry and Meghan chose to opt out, and they weren't so much "interesting" people as they were gossip-fodder. The other comment (Joy, I think) suggested that Meghan Markle was going to update the Royal Family - it seems pretty obnoxious to take it upon yourself to "fix" somebody who hasn't asked for your help. I also suspect that the RF will get along just fine without a lot of outside help. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size