Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

The View: Week of 5/3/2021

Recommended Posts

Monday, May 3 – Billy Porter (“Pose”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, May 4 – The Political View with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) (Author, “Persist”)

Wednesday, May 5 – Billy Crystal & Tiffany Haddish (“Here Today”)

Thursday, May 6 – Emmanuel Acho (Author, “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Boy”)

Friday, May 7 – Day of Hot Topics

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Monday - Billy Porter?  I can do without Whoopi, Sara , and Sunny kissing his @ss throughout the segment, so I'll FF that fifteen minutes.  However,  VYD - I can't wait !!! I shall open new credit card accounts over the weekend in anticipation of buying more facial creams, readers, sweat pants, and floral-scented candles.

Tuesday - Warren again ?  And she's going to have to do her due diligence and praise MyFatherMcCain ?  *yawn* I'll FF her.

Wednesday - Now it will be Whoopi's turn to have her @ss kissed by Billy Crystal and Tiffany Haddish, so I can FF that, too.

Thursday - Don't know Emmanuel or his work, so I will give it a try. I do have a strange premonition Whoopi and Sunny will be puckering up for that segment, too.  Sunny and Sara will throw in that they read the book, "and it was AMAZING".

Friday - 'Day of Hot Topics' has lost it's fizz many seasons ago. Many, many seasons ago. More like 'Day of Tepid Topics'.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Monday - Billy Porter?  I can do without Whoopi, Sara , and Sunny kissing his @ss throughout the segment, so I'll FF that fifteen minutes.  However,  VYD - I can't wait !!! I shall open new credit card accounts over the weekend in anticipation of buying more facial creams, readers, sweat pants, and floral-scented candles.

Tuesday - Warren again ?  And she's going to have to do her due diligence and praise MyFatherMcCain ?  *yawn* I'll FF her.

Wednesday - Now it will be Whoopi's turn to have her @ss kissed by Billy Crystal and Tiffany Haddish, so I can FF that, too.

Thursday - Don't know Emmanuel or his work, so I will give it a try. I do have a strange premonition Whoopi and Sunny will be puckering up for that segment, too.  Sunny and Sara will throw in that they read the book, "and it was AMAZING".

Friday - 'Day of Hot Topics' has lost it's fizz many seasons ago. Many, many seasons ago. More like 'Day of Tepid Topics'.

I love your snarky take on the week ahead...lol

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Billy Porter seems very smart and has relevant points to add to the political discussion. And I love both Liz Warren and Billy Crystal. (But if Liz W mentions Aunt Bea again I may vomit.)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I'm excited for this week, lots of good guests. I wasn't familiar with Emmanuel Acho until he hosted the Bachelor finale. I thought he did a wonderful job.  

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I love your snarky take on the week ahead...lol

Thank you. It's just that the week is sooooooooo predictable with these guests. This show, still entertaining at times, seems to have lost it's pizzazz the past year with the pandemic. It's become rather blahhhh for me. Being number one, it seems to be 'coasting' these days. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

17 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Friday - 'Day of Hot Topics' has lost it's fizz many seasons ago. Many, many seasons ago.

1979889383_Itsbeen84years.gif.fa3811a4153e9afaa23cea3c417642f9.gif

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Thank you. It's just that the week is sooooooooo predictable with these guests. This show, still entertaining at times, seems to have lost it's pizzazz the past year with the pandemic. It's become rather blahhhh for me. Being number one, it seems to be 'coasting' these days. 

They have been coasting for years and Whoppie is the biggest offender in that regard since she is so awful as a moderator. Her expressions after Nutmeg's unhinged rants give me life though..

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

They have been coasting for years and Whoppie is the biggest offender in that regard since she is so awful as a moderator. Her expressions after Nutmeg's unhinged rants give me life though..

I wonder if the other women have to contain their laughter. I need to start paying attention because I just die when I see Whoopi's reactions. lol

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I love Whoopi's reaction to Meganutz;s rants. It's that same 'beffudeld and bewildered' expression Tucker Carlson gives his guests - and Carlson understands them! 😂

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, Lord, they're teeing up McCain to have the final word on the mask discussion of all things. Misinformation and public harm, thy name is The View.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Oh, Lord, they're teeing up McCain to have the final word on the mask discussion of all things. Misinformation and public harm, thy name is The View.

How many times do they have to explain to Meghan that you wear masks to protect other people?  Good God, she is so selfish if she cannot get this. She can complain all she wants about the messaging, but if you refuse to listen that’s on you.

Hee!  Wish we’d seen Meg’s face when Joy called Kristi Noehm “the new Sarah Palin.”

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 19
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan, to quote you, "Stay the hell away from me!"  

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Meganutz has the perfect ad slogan to whip the Republican Party back in to shape concerning vaccines, but she's miffed that no one cares...so she's not going to share it. Take that, GOP ! That'll show ya.

 

Bad enough she's the only conservative woman in the media these days, and has to defend the GOP every chance she gets. Then she takes it upon herself to polish up the image of the Republican Party, but she will just keep it to herself.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

I hope laxatives are part of today's View Your Deal.  Meghan  seems to desperately need one.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 19

Share this post


Link to post

I did not need to hear Twatty speak after hearing the report from the New York Times about how people like her will prevent the country from getting herd immunity.

200.gif

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

She’s just miffed that no one will take her up on her brilliant PSA idea. I wonder who she pitched it to. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She’s just miffed that no one will take her up on her brilliant PSA idea. I wonder who she pitched it to. 

Would her slogan be the opposite of the old NBC PSAs? 

"The more you don't know!"  (with a shooting star of ignorance over her head) 

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan said that the vaccine is 94% effective but the science says that you can still catch Covid-19, being vaccinated means that if you do your symptoms will be milder and you won't end up in the hospital or dead. (The birth control pill is even more effective and there are still oopsie babies.)

Sunny suggests that people be told "If you choose to exercise your freedom and not get vaccinated, the consequence is that you won't have the ability to fly or attend events". I would think that a Republican like Meghan would appreciate the choice.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

So we do know they are muting mikes now.  While Sarah was talking about people in SD denying they have Covid as they took their last breath, you can hear MM interject "that's not true, that's a lie".   Sarah paused then kept talking and it was obvious MM's mike was muted at that point.

I do hope her cohosts took note, and feel free to interrupt her for her lies going forward.  

She also described herself as a republican political analyst.... Is she?...  ABC doesn't use her much outside of the view for political coverage.  Chris Christie and Sarah Fagan are their go to republican analysts 

 

 

  • Like 15
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, After7Only said:

She also described herself as a republican political analyst.... Is she?...  ABC doesn't use her much outside of the view for political coverage.  Chris Christie and Sarah Fagan are their go to republican analysts 

 

Any dipshit with an internet connection can style themselves a "republican political analyst".  What she didn't say was "I'm an ABC political analyst."

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Poohbear617 said:

Well I have news for you Megan just because the cat has kittens in the oven that don't make them biscuits.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

 

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She’s just miffed that no one will take her up on her brilliant PSA idea. I wonder who she pitched it to. 

I was floored by her arrogance. Has Megan ever worked in marketing?  Who the hell does she think she is?  She seems to have a personal vendetta against the current administration and it is just odd to me.  Nothing makes sense when it comes to Nutmeg.. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Ok well now we know she is vacc'd.  So that's all of them isnt it?  So why can't they go back into the studio?

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

How many times do they have to explain to Meghan that you wear masks to protect other people?  Good God, she is so selfish if she cannot get this. She can complain all she wants about the messaging, but if you refuse to listen that’s on you.

If she'd listen she'd also hear the very clear messaging that it takes two weeks after the second dose of Moderna/Pfizer for 94% of people to be protected from severe illness requiring hospitalization. She, Biden, Tucker or anyone could be part of the 6% who are not protected by vaccination.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I understand that ABC likes the ratings boost from Megan (if there actually is one), but to let her spew her lies and misinformation on the network puts them in the same boat as Fox News.  Example:  Sonny said simply stated that Evangelicals and Republicans are the groups that are not wanting to get the vaccine.  50% of Republicans, she said.  She just gave numbers.  Immediately after, Megan says how terrible that Evangelicals and Republicans are being targeted, that they are called "stupid morons" and "hillbillies."  Nowhere did Sonny or any of the rest of them make those comments, but you can bet it will be repeated on Fox that on the View they are calling people "in the middle of the country" hillbillies. 

Why is she allowed to interrupt Sarah but the rest of them have to zip their lips while MM is talking?  She's ruining this show for me.  And I have to say, they all look very nice today, except for MM.  Her hair looks stupid and that top she is wearing does her no favors.  Is she pregnant again?  And that snarly look on her face.  She has got to be a very unhappy person.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

The View's Meghan McCain gets schooled by Sunny Hostin after blaming Democrats for conservative anti-vaxxers

SO - the message FROM THE WHITE HOUSE is that republicans who don't get vaccinated are "dumb hillbillies?"   Was that from the President?  the Vice President?  Meghan, defend your statement, where did you hear this coming from the White House?  

AND -  she has some great idea about a public service ad that "fell on deaf ears?"  how so?  Did she approach TV stations and offer to pay for TV time to make  PSA?  Or did she just say it on TV and expect someone ELSE to put up the money and produce it?  

Meghan wants a republican candidate for 2024 who can "thread the needle both ways."  I'm not a "political analyst", so I guess I'm not smart enough to understand this.  I googled it, but all that came up was sewing/embroidery stuff.   

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

12 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Her hair looks stupid and that top she is wearing does her no favors.  Is she pregnant again?  And that snarly look on her face.  She has got to be a very unhappy person.

I was wondering that as well, looking at her jawline - her face looks very full, and that top sure looks like a maternity top to me! 

Given her age, if Meghan wants to have more than one baby,  it would make sense to get moving on #2 as soon as possible. 

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

And that snarly look on her face.  She has got to be a very unhappy person.

I don't think there is anything that makes her happy.

16 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

 Is she pregnant again?

 

1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

I was wondering that as well, looking at her jawline - her face looks very full, and that top sure looks like a maternity top to me! 

She has looked heavier for about a month or so now.  Some of her clothing choices have looked awful on her. I originally thought she just had horrible fashion sense but maybe she doesn't have as many options for shirts.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

She’s just miffed that no one will take her up on her brilliant PSA idea. I wonder who she pitched it to. 

She probably tried to pitch it to the White House directly, but they wouldn't take her phone calls.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, After7Only said:

So we do know they are muting mikes now.  While Sarah was talking about people in SD denying they have Covid as they took their last breath, you can hear MM interject "that's not true, that's a lie".   Sarah paused then kept talking and it was obvious MM's mike was muted at that point.

I do hope her cohosts took note, and feel free to interrupt her for her lies going forward. 

And this is exactly why I want them to stay remote. This way, they can mute her if she won't allow others to speak. They are the #1 talkshow right now, so clearly viewers have enjoyed this format. :D

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Deleted without watching. I so fucking don't need this.

A lot of days, I don't even watch the show.  I just wait for a website to pick up a clip where Meghan was a complete ass, and watch the clip. 

 

Has Meghan stopped whining about wanting to go to Vegas and drink?  I wonder if that was one of those "last chance before I get pregnant again"  things.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

Has Meghan stopped whining about wanting to go to Vegas and drink?  I wonder if that was one of those "last chance before I get pregnant again"  things.  

Nope. She was doing it last week.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Today was at least the second time Meghan has used the term hillbilly when referring to Evangelicals and Republicans.  She says that is how "they" think of them. She never clarifies who they are.  Since Meghan is the person who keeps using that term I'm inclined to believe it is her who  thinks of them that way.

I think so too. There are some people who just look to be offended, Meghan being a prime example. Also, as someone who lives in the middle of America, let's not pretend whatever judgement does go on by random people, doesn't go both ways. Mocking people for wearing masks, making fun of people for socially distancing, calling people who take the vaccine stupid, those things occur as well.

Also, sometimes I keep my mask on when I'm outside because maybe I had some makeup on that day and it smeared. Maybe when I take my mask off sometimes I drop it on the ground and I want to keep my mask clean. Maybe when it was cooler it kept my face warm. Maybe I do it in case I run into someone vulnerable. Maybe I keep it on so I don't forget to have one on once I'm indoors. Who cares! Someone else keeping a mask on isn't hurting you. The outrage over this is absurd. 

Isn't Kristi Noem the governor who didn't know what infrastructure was? I also remember her being asked about her horrid handling of covid on the news, and she just tried to make the interview about other governors. Of course Meghan would like her for being interesting and nonjudgemental! Those are nice qualities for a casual friend Meghan. 2024 GOP primaries, I think we need a little more than that.

LOL Joy is hilarious talking about her as the new Sarah Palin and her slogan. Of course everyone either giggles or is amused, and Meghan sits there being a sourpuss. 

I agree with Sara that booing is rude. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 15
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Meganutz has the perfect ad slogan to whip the Republican Party back in to shape concerning vaccines, but she's miffed that no one cares...so she's not going to share it. Take that, GOP ! That'll show ya.

 

Bad enough she's the only conservative woman in the media these days, and has to defend the GOP every chance she gets. Then she takes it upon herself to polish up the image of the Republican Party, but she will just keep it to herself.

She knows the slogan is so good, so perfect that if she dares say it, it’ll get stolen immediately and she’ll get no credit🙄

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:
2 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

Well Megan did it again today she said my pet peeve. Once again she stated that she is a political analyst this is complete and utter b*******. This is simply insulting to those people who actually are political analyst !! Just Google what does it take to become an analyst and see all of the classes in things such as political science, International Affairs,  critical an analytic thinking (that one is hilarious trying to see Megan do that)..they also have to take classes in statistical analysis. Megan thinks just because her mother was pregnant with her at the Republican convention for Reagan that that makes her a political analyst. Well I have news for you Megan just because the cat has kittens in the oven that don't make them biscuits. At times I wonder then if Megan was not raised with a famous last name and a shitload of money what her and her nasty attitude and degree in art history would be doing for a living. Well I'm off to write another letter to ABC complaining about this fraud that she is perpetuating.

😂😂😂😂😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I really don't understand MeAgain at all.  She wants the White House and the left to positively urge vaccine hesitant Repubs. And in the same breath she announces that the White House is calling them morons and hillbillies--how is this helping?

Sunny made a good point that it is right wing messaging is doing the damage, like telling people to approach people wearing masks that it offends them and saying parents who mask their children are abusive. 

https://decider.com/2021/05/03/meghan-mccain-horrified-with-treatment-of-republicans-the-view/

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, bannana said:

I really don't understand MeAgain at all.  She wants the White House and the left to positively urge vaccine hesitant Repubs. And in the same breath she announces that the White House is calling them morons and hillbillies--how is this helping?

Sunny made a good point that it is right wing messaging is doing the damage, like telling people to approach people wearing masks that it offends them and saying parents who mask their children are abusive. 

https://decider.com/2021/05/03/meghan-mccain-horrified-with-treatment-of-republicans-the-view/

I liked it when Joy said that wearing a seat belt was never politicized like wearing a mask.   I have never understood the fake outrage over wearing one. It is meant to protect others and yourself.  Has Nutmeg who claims to be a Christian forgotten that we are our brother's keepers.

Why did she shade Romney for having been pro-choice in the past and questioning his allegiance to being anti-choice..   Nutmeg is just weird and needs to go away.. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, bannana said:

I really don't understand MeAgain at all.  She wants the White House and the left to positively urge vaccine hesitant Repubs. And in the same breath she announces that the White House is calling them morons and hillbillies--how is this helping?

As far as I know the White House never called them that.  That is Meghan projecting.  And if that soundbite gets picked up by right wing media all the better I'm sure is what she is thinking.

At this point I'm tired of hearing about people refusing to get the vaccine.  We are far enough in this that people either  understand or they don't.  I agree with whichever co host it was (Whoopi?) who said at some point not being vaccinated might prevent you from doing something you want to do.  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

She also described herself as a republican political analyst.... Is she?...  ABC doesn't use her much outside of the view for political coverage.  

She's a political analyst just like Candace Cameron Bure, Jenny McCarthy, and Raven Symone were at one point when they were on this show.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

At this point I'm tired of hearing about people refusing to get the vaccine.  We are far enough in this that people either  understand or they don't.  I agree with whichever co host it was (Whoopi?) who said at some point not being vaccinated might prevent you from doing something you want to do.  

Some time ago, there was a segment on The Daily Show, where one of the staffers met with trump supporters in a diner, and asked about vaccine hesitancy.  nearly all said they were opposed to getting vaccinated.  When he asked if they would get the vaccine if it was needed in order to go on an airplane, the majority agreed that in that case they would consider getting the vaccine.   When we get to the point where you can't fly, eat in a restaurant, go to a mall, etc, unless you're vaccinated, people will figure out that it might be in their best interests to get the shot.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

Well Megan did it again today she said my pet peeve. Once again she stated that she is a political analyst this is complete and utter b*******. This is simply insulting to those people who actually are political analyst !! Just Google what does it take to become an analyst and see all of the classes in things such as political science, International Affairs,  critical an analytic thinking (that one is hilarious trying to see Megan do that)..they also have to take classes in statistical analysis. Megan thinks just because her mother was pregnant with her at the Republican convention for Reagan that that makes her a political analyst. Well I have news for you Megan just because the cat has kittens in the oven that don't make them biscuits. At times I wonder then if Megan was not raised with a famous last name and a shitload of money what her and her nasty attitude and degree in art history would be doing for a living. Well I'm off to write another letter to ABC complaining about this fraud that she is perpetuating.

I burst out laughing on your kittens aren’t  biscuits saying…that was one of the best.  Had to read it to my husband.  Now I have to find a way to use that!  In addition…I totally agree with what you said about MM…she thinks so highly of herself and how she’s one of those kids with famous parents who got their on her own (as she recently stated)!  I doubt she could have gotten through those classes. And That art history degree wouldn’t have gotten her very far without the name and money. And I have no idea what she was trying to say regarding the vaccine and mask messaging. It’s been really clear for those who listen…why isn’t she pushing her tribe to get the message out to the rest of the tribe?  

3 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I understand that ABC likes the ratings boost from Megan (if there actually is one), but to let her spew her lies and misinformation on the network puts them in the same boat as Fox News.  Example:  Sonny said simply stated that Evangelicals and Republicans are the groups that are not wanting to get the vaccine.  50% of Republicans, she said.  She just gave numbers.  Immediately after, Megan says how terrible that Evangelicals and Republicans are being targeted, that they are called "stupid morons" and "hillbillies."  Nowhere did Sonny or any of the rest of them make those comments, but you can bet it will be repeated on Fox that on the View they are calling people "in the middle of the country" hillbillies. 

Why is she allowed to interrupt Sarah but the rest of them have to zip their lips while MM is talking?  She's ruining this show for me.  And I have to say, they all look very nice today, except for MM.  Her hair looks stupid and that top she is wearing does her no favors.  Is she pregnant again?  And that snarly look on her face.  She has got to be a very unhappy person.

I wondered about that interruption as well…no one does that to her when she’s spewing lies and inaccuracies on a daily basis.  The rest need to take their cue from her and start correcting her (though then they’d never get to their guests!). 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

The View's Meghan McCain gets schooled by Sunny Hostin after blaming Democrats for conservative anti-vaxxers

SO - the message FROM THE WHITE HOUSE is that republicans who don't get vaccinated are "dumb hillbillies?"   Was that from the President?  the Vice President?  Meghan, defend your statement, where did you hear this coming from the White House?  

AND -  she has some great idea about a public service ad that "fell on deaf ears?"  how so?  Did she approach TV stations and offer to pay for TV time to make  PSA?  Or did she just say it on TV and expect someone ELSE to put up the money and produce it?  

Meghan wants a republican candidate for 2024 who can "thread the needle both ways."  I'm not a "political analyst", so I guess I'm not smart enough to understand this.  I googled it, but all that came up was sewing/embroidery stuff.   

Good luck finding that candidate Meghan…someone liked by Qanon and moderate republicans?  She simply can’t admit that there are serious divisions in her tribe can she?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

why isn’t she pushing her tribe to get the message out to the rest of the tribe?

Well, they wouldn’t listen to her brilliant PSA idea. 🙄. Meg would rather keep complaining than do something helpful. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Ok well now we know she is vacc'd.  So that's all of them isnt it?  So why can't they go back into the studio?

They don't want to be in the same room as Meghan? 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size