Type keyword(s) to search

Never Say Never: in the Media

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

Yes, this Live stream with commercials is totally inconvenient, if Tubi was smart, they would add a DVR service to the live stream and charge like $1 a year to store around 20 shows. They have added lots of good shows, but nobody can sit for hours to watch an entire series nowadays without pausing them to tend to some kind of business or refill their snacks. They still could force you to watch the commercials by not letting you fast forward the episode, which is all they really care about anyway.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, badhaggis said:

Nope unfortunately I was stuck at work. Was it good?

Yes, it was good. But the low-definition video (like a VHS recording of 90s tv), the commercials, the intermissions, and the logo make for a pretty unpleasant viewing experience.

The show has always been, like, a mixture of an Edwardian social portrait and The X-Men. Season 1a felt like it had more X-Men in the mix, season 1b feels like a little more of the Edwardian drawing-room melodrama. There's a couple really memorable moments.

There's more character work, like childhood flashbacks, but I don't know if I really needed to see that.

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Oh crap, I just found out Tubi bought it, so I've missed 3 of the final 6 episodes. Drat. I wonder if the full season will be available on dvd.

Tubi will air them again, on March 2nd and 3rd. It's a hugely inconvenient and dumb way to release them.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

ok, I watched all twelve episodes now. Since I’m probably one of, like, fifty people in the world who sat through it on Tubi, let me give a spoiler-free overview:

Is it worth watching?

Yes. It’s good. Very good.

Is there closure?

More or less. It opens some potential storylines for seasons that will never come, but it does bring the season’s major storylines to completion.

Should I watch it on Tubi?

NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. It’ll be on Roku TV in the spring.

The Tubi thing drops connection so you miss scenes. It’s in low-resolution. You are forced to watch it at bizarre times in long and punishing blocks. It has commercials. Since it wasn’t filmed for commercial tv, it doesn’t have act breaks for where commercials should go; it’ll be right in the middle of a scene, or a line of dialogue, and then suddenly commercials.

Wait a few months and watch it on a better service.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
On 2/20/2023 at 8:27 PM, dwmarch said:

For those of you who hoist the Jolly Roger if you know what I mean, the back half of this show has finally set sail.

I suspect that version is still butchered. When I watched it live, there were frequent interruptions of technical-difficulty screens, and then the show would resume missing a minute or two. Whoever ripped this may have edited those “we’ll be right back” screens out, but they would still be missing the scenes that were supposed to play.

So for even those who fly beneath the skull-and-crossbones flag, the best bet would be to wait til spring.

10 hours ago, owenthurman said:

I suspect that version is still butchered. When I watched it live, there were frequent interruptions of technical-difficulty screens, and then the show would resume missing a minute or two. Whoever ripped this may have edited those “we’ll be right back” screens out, but they would still be missing the scenes that were supposed to play.

As far as I can tell all scenes are there. It's also far above VHS quality, but it is kinda crappy, that much is true.

The rips have still a few problems. Very rarely the picture will slow down and then speed up to catch up. A buffering issue I assume. Also there are a few ads left in, the ripper seems to have missed. But you can just fast foreward through those.

At least that is what my crystal ball is telling me, because of course I would never download anything illegally.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
On 2/13/2023 at 5:56 AM, MrPissyPuppy said:

Yeah, I'd like to watch it, but with that scheduling, it's unlikely I'll be able. ...   What a waste.  

OMG. it's my early 1970's childhood all over again. where if you didn't see it live, it's gone.

this is a fascinating choice on their* part.

(*Fox/tubi's)

• Like 3

Are The Nevers' New Episodes Worth Your Time? Well, That Depends — Plus, A Quick Recap of the End of Season 1

Before looking at this article is does give a complete recap of what occurs in each of the new episodes in case you find that it is too difficult "no worth all the effort" to watch. So there will be spoilers if you read past the part where they say "there will be spoilers".

Supposedly The Nevers will be airing sometime on Monday on Tubi’s WB TV Watchlist Channel, but I couldn't figure out how to move the schedule enough to check.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Are The Nevers' New Episodes Worth Your Time? Well, That Depends — Plus, A Quick Recap of the End of Season 1

Before looking at this article is does give a complete recap of what occurs in each of the new episodes in case you find that it is too difficult "no worth all the effort" to watch. So there will be spoilers if you read past the part where they say "there will be spoilers".

Supposedly The Nevers will be airing sometime on Monday on Tubi’s WB TV Watchlist Channel, but I couldn't figure out how to move the schedule enough to check.

I've been trying to figure out how to watch the 2nd half of season 1 and it seems impossibly complicated.  I think I give up.

• Sad 1

honestly, if i can't watch it on demand, i'll probably never watch it.  the only time i could guarantee a "live" viewing is a set evening showtime.  none of this middle of day crap.

so i just saw that there are 3 episodes on tonight, starting at 7:15 edt, which won't work.  i can't set aside 3 uninterrupted hours, where i can't pause the show, especially before 8:30 when i have kid stuff to handle.  also, i have no idea what episodes these are, there is a description of the episode, but no number, so i have no idea whether its an episode i saw before, or if i'm missing one.

so, here's to hoping eventually the show will be put on demand.

Edited by Hanahope
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Roku release https://tvline.com/2023/04/04/the-nevers-release-date-roku-12-episodes/

I haven’t watched a show on Roku yet. Does the above read that it will be “live” or watch when you want?

This will be live, you have to watch them as they are shown with commercials.

The Nevers will debut this Saturday, April 8 at 10 am ET, with a marathon of all 12 episodes. Roku created 14 WB channels and The Nevers will be on "WB TV Watchlist".

• Like 1