Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
DVDFreaker

50K Three Ways

It’s on in the background. So far, the first couple were super happy with their choice and her work. This next couple look shakier, but the basement is not done and there’s a puke color on the walls that Tiffany wants to put on the ceiling. So you can’t see any good color??

Ok, they’re happy. Happier than I’d be. Color still blows.

it’s here in Chicago, so we’ll see. 

Hey, at least it wasn’t modern farmhouse!

Edited by buttersister

First episode-Tiffany did a good job but only thing I do not like is the wallpaper 

Second episode-The basement is nice but I hated the gold tile backsplash, it hurts my eyes and the bright gold room is awful, I would have painted over it

• Like 1

I think the homeowners have learned from hearing people laugh about the  people who went on Trading Spaces, and other remodeling (OK destroying homes) shows.   They found out that you don't put every penny into a TV remodel, because you'll probably have to fix a lot after the show is over.   (I understand some of the Trading Spaces $1k, or $2k room redoes cost over $5k to fix, like the liquid nails glued on cardboard everything room on one of the last episodes of the original show).     Hating on a remodel is a great way to get razzed forever online. 

I like that the homeowners get to choose, and even if they already did choose off camera, I still like seeing the options, and trying to guess what they'll choose.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

I loved the colour in that basement, whereas I hated the grey floors in the first house. And I am sooooo sick of "modern farmhouse". It doesn't mean anything.

• Like 1

I really liked it. I enjoyed how the homeowners had to actually make decisions and just didn't blindly get everything they wanted. I live in the Chicago suburbs, which is why I initially tuned in.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2021 at 9:02 PM, DVDFreaker said:

First episode-Tiffany did a good job but only thing I do not like is the wallpaper 

Second episode-The basement is nice but I hated the gold tile backsplash, it hurts my eyes and the bright gold room is awful, I would have painted over it

I’d never heard of Tiffany before Rock the Block. She has a good personality for TV, but she’s one of those super-energetic people that would exhaust me IRL. 

Yeah, that wall paper was fugly. It was funny watching the home owners try to hide their disdain.But I liked the kitchen and laundry room. Oh, and the family originally had their TV mounted on the wall instead of over the fireplace, which I loved. Why did Tiffany move it over the fireplace? That is way too high. 

I liked the basement—except for the Dijon mustard-colored bedroom. Why do designers on these shows keep telling the homeowners to trust them? Even if a homeowner doesn’t have a strong sense of style, they know when they don’t like a paint color. Why can’t the designer trust them?

I like this show and look forward to more episodes.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, topanga said:

I’d never heard of Tiffany before Rock the Block. She has a good personality for TV, but she’s one of those super-energetic people that would exhaust me IRL. 

I can't handle the over-the-top energy level, and it grates how her voice goes up several octaves as she enthuses about every little thing and squees over her own genius.  Every once in a while she speaks normally to an assistant or in a voiceover, and it's so much better.  I think I'm too old to appreciate her design style.  Gonna give it a couple more episodes.

• Like 2

I dislike the homeowners claiming they have to keep exactly to the budget, and then want extras that will cost thousands to do.     With the second house, I hate wallpaper, but that wasn't too bad.    Why do you put a bench in front of the fireplace?    The finished house was very pretty.   The people with the six kids, their kitchen was nice, but I really didn't like the wife demanding extra items, and then acting like Tiffany was being mean when she explained she couldn't do it.   I did not like the tile going to the ceiling over the sink, that was a waste of money. I don't understand why the wife wanted a desk with the computer in the kitchen.   I would have turned that space into a big display cabinet on top, and wood doors on the bottom. 

• Like 2

Why do people claim white kitchens (shaker only apparently) is so classic? If that was so, all of these houses would already have white cabinets. I also can't believe how high these renos are. They barely do anything and it's more than $50k!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Grrarrggh said:

Why do people claim white kitchens (shaker only apparently) is so classic? If that was so, all of these houses would already have white cabinets.

My kitchen cabinets are oak. They were built in place so I guess that's custom? I dunno. All I know is that when I saw this house in 1987 I was thrilled with the oak cabinets because my table and chairs for the adjacent breakfast area are oak and I have an antique oak chest and ice box that look great with those oak cabinets. And, by the way, not all oak is "orange"--ours is actually quite lovely with a warm walnut stain. Once a year I wipe them down with Murphy's oil soap and they gleam.

• Like 3