Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Be Careful What You Wish For

• Start Topic

image.thumb.png.2c847a7c652c532fbc56c1cdd90341fa.png

What's happened to Natalie's face since their past season?  She looks like her face is made of melting wax.  She's definitely put on weight, which if it were almost anyone else I would not point this out in a negative light, but because it's HER and she was so derisive and mean about Mike's weight I cut her no slack on the weight issue.  She also looks like she's suddenly gained a witch's pointy chin, and her eyes look beady, when usually they're so large.  Her nose also seems to now have a hooked, beak-like appearance.  Previously her nose never bothered me about her and I always thought she was very attractive despite it's larger size.  It never, however, looked hooked and beak-like to me before.  Again, physical flaws I'm only pointing out because she doesn't hesitate to criticize others about their flaws or imperfections, especially Mike's.  Maybe finally all the ugly on her inside is manifesting itself on the outside.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You know those people who punk their partners or kids by putting a block of wood in an iPhone box and giving it to them for Christmas? Brandon's one of them, I'd bet my life on it.

Maybe Julia should come in with Brandon's credit card and a bunch of designer shopping bags that look full: "Brandon, I borrow credit card to go shopping." and give him said credit card.

See if Brandon likes the joke.  Fucking asshole.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Maybe Julia should come in with Brandon's credit card and a bunch of designer shopping bags that look full: "Brandon, I borrow credit card to go shopping." and give him said credit card.

See if Brandon likes the joke.  Fucking asshole.

Hahahahaha! Genius! "What is matter, Brandon? You do not like my funny joke?"

He'd pout for a year. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

What's happened to Natalie's face since their past season?  She looks like her face is made of melting wax.  She's definitely put on weight, which if it were almost anyone else I would not point this out in a negative light, but because it's HER and she was so derisive and mean about Mike's weight I cut her no slack on the weight issue.  She also looks like she's suddenly gained a witch's pointy chin, and her eyes look beady, when usually they're so large.  Her nose also seems to now have a hooked, beak-like appearance.  Previously her nose never bothered me about her and I always thought she was very attractive despite it's larger size.  It never, however, looked hooked and beak-like to me before.  Again, physical flaws I'm only pointing out because she doesn't hesitate to criticize others about their flaws or imperfections, especially Mike's.  Maybe finally all the ugly on her inside is manifesting itself on the outside.

Yes, I too thought she was incredibly attractive when the episodes were in Ukraine and they were at her mama's apartment.... Not so much lately.

When she came here though it seems she got her fillers and boobs before she came, and looked kind of distorted. Since she has been here though she has put the pounds on ( I agree, it happens to the best of us) and it's really telling because of how she was so emphatic and disciplined about what to eat.

• Love 4
On 4/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, greekmom said:

There are a ton of better places to live in VA and he would still have his license. Williamsburg, Falls Church, Centerville, Fairfax to name a few. 

To be fair, Falls Church, Centerville and Fairfax are very wealthy areas. Wliiamsburg and Richmond have a more accessible cost of living. (Point taken though...they don’t have to stay  in Dinwiddie!!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Liamsmom617 said:
On 4/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, greekmom said:

To be fair, Falls Church, Centerville and Fairfax are very wealthy areas. Wliiamsburg and Richmond have a more accessible cost of living. (Point taken though...they don’t have to stay  in Dinwiddie!!)

Sorry those are the only places I have been in VA. But yeah, there are some cities they can live in that is not farm county with some decent places, great shopping, access to uber so Julia can go to gym club and a Starbucks or two.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Opine said:

I think some folks forgot about acting on this episode.  For example, Julia used "he" correctly in a place she would normally use "him".  Yeah, she could have learned a little, but my bet is on the fact that the constant "him" was a put on.  And Nat and Mike seemed to keep forgetting they "hate each other".  For sure they are both whack jobs, but I think SOME (not all) of the bs is bad acting.  Also, and forgive my pettiness, but Julia, please whiten those teeth!  

They're acting?  I just assumed that Natalie got her meds adjusted and Mike's moved on to harder liquor. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I can't find the thread for Pillow Talk so I'll just say it here:  I am SOOO HAPPY it's back.  I just can't bring myself to pay extra for Discovery + as that is the only show I'd watch.  I didn't like most of these people when they were on their own shows but they are much more likeable here for some reason. 

I've seen a lot of people say that they won't get Discovery+ because they don't want to pay for 90 Day stuff, but the streaming app carries something like a dozen or more channels: Animal Planet, Sci, HGTV, Investigation Discovery, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network, OWN, Lifetime, History Channel...If you've cut the cord then it's a pretty good deal. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Angela's cackling is beyond annoying. Add her constantly joking about sex. I really don't need to see her on my screen.  

I don't blame Julia one bit. Who wants to go back to living with their in laws and working for free? I give their marriage two years, before Julia finds a man who is at the very least independent. 

Kilani should have left her three children at home when she went house hunting.  Asuelu's too old to be jumping on a bed in a home that doesn't belong to him.  I really don't know what she sees in him.

I see Andrei is still entitled.  Why does he think Chuck owes him anything?

Edited by spunky
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I've seen a lot of people say that they won't get Discovery+ because they don't want to pay for 90 Day stuff, but the streaming app carries something like a dozen or more channels: Animal Planet, Sci, HGTV, Investigation Discovery, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network, OWN, Lifetime, History Channel...If you've cut the cord then it's a pretty good deal. 

I agree.  Here are the channels:

HGTV, Food Network, TLC, ID, OWN, Travel, Magnolia, Discovery, Planet Earth, Animal Planet, A&E, History, Lifetime, Science, DYI, Cooking, The Dodo, Popsugar, Now This, Seeker, Thrillist, American History Channel (AHC), and Discovery Life.

I may pause Sling for live tv this summer to see if I miss it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm sure the bed jumping was producer shenanigans, but dang, Kalani doesn't have to go along with it.  She could have been the lone grownup in the room to say "No, that's not cool" but alas, the paycheck speaks.  

I know i know i know.  I said i wasn't watching.  And I mostly didn't.  I turned TLC on because idk how to retrain my body to do anything else on Sunday at 8pm.  Hopped on the spin bike for a bit, packed up some ebay sales, and by the time it was over, I realized I'd "watched" about 5 minutes of it.  Was definitely able to catch the bed jumping and some of Angela's cackling.  She's gross and when she comes on next time, I'll turn it off entirely.  Her cackle should be my reminder to quit this franchise.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, spunky said:

Angels cackling is beyond annoying. Add her constantly joking about sex. I really don't need to see her on my screen.  

I don't blame Julia one bit. Who wants to go back to living with their in laws and working for free? I give their marriage two years, before Julia finds a man who is at the very least independent. 

Kilani should have left her three children at home when she went house hunting.  Asuelu's too old to be jumping on a bed in a home that doesn't belong to him.  I really don't know what she sees in him.

I see Andrei is still entitled.  Why does he think Chuck owes him anything?

Because as he said, Chuck has helped out all of his other children already.  But oh, wait, you mean you're NOT one of his children?  Hahaha  It's not like this house flipping scam idea is Libby's (at least as far as we know from what we're being shown).  On what planet is a son-in-law entitled to his father-in-law's money in the same capacity that his own children would be?  Rhetorical question.

I have never, ever liked Andrei because of his gruffness and entitlement issues.  Just what in the world does Libby see in this lazy, entitled, borderline (if not actual) abusive a--hole?

She seems to think he's God's gift to women when she describes him as the best looking husband of the franchise.  And good on her for thinking that, but she's either puffing him up so as to not have to admit she's made a huge, lifelong mistake, or she really does feel that way about him.

I think, however, to most of the rest of us, he's far from the best looking husband, because his laziness and entitlement = ugly inside = ugly outside.

11 minutes ago, spunky said:

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

I have never, ever liked Andrei because of his gruffness and entitlement issues.  Just what in the world does Libby see in this lazy, entitled, borderline (if not actual) abusive a--hole?

A good body and an accent?  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Xebug67 said:

Because as he said, Chuck has helped out all of his other children already.  But oh, wait, you mean you're NOT one of his children?  Hahaha  It's not like this house flipping scam idea is Libby's (at least as far as we know from what we're being shown).  On what planet is a son-in-law entitled to his father-in-law's money in the same capacity that his own children would be?  Rhetorical question.

She seems to think he's God's gift to women when she describes him as the best looking husband of the franchise.  And good on her for thinking that, but she's either puffing him up so as to not have to admit she's made a huge, lifelong mistake, or she really does feel that way about him.

I think, however, to most of the rest of us, he's far from the best looking husband, because his laziness and entitlement = ugly inside = ugly outside.

Agreed 100%

• Love 2
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I've seen a lot of people say that they won't get Discovery+ because they don't want to pay for 90 Day stuff, but the streaming app carries something like a dozen or more channels: Animal Planet, Sci, HGTV, Investigation Discovery, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network, OWN, Lifetime, History Channel...If you've cut the cord then it's a pretty good deal

That’s the thing — I pay for cable and have for years, so to me, it’s kind of insulting for Discovery to put content that used to be on cable behind an additional paywall after viewers made this ridiculous franchise into a juggernaut. It’s just a few dollars, but it adds up when I’m already paying for FiOS, HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Amazon, and Patreon subscriptions to podcasts about these shows! (Not arguing with your point, just explaining my reasoning! 😄

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Plus he wants to get a loan of HOW MUCH to compete with him?  Has Annnnndddddddrei been told how long it would be to pay back $100,000?  

I am so over this fake family.  

• Love 6

Angela on her weight gain: "If Mackel were here, I'd be putting other things in my mouth." Haw haw haw!!!!! She's a cow.

And also, "Never in the history of sex has a penis and vagina fit together like ours". I did not need to hear her say that.

Can someone please let me know when we get to see Angela masturbating in a bathtub so I can know when to look away?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Angela on her weight gain: "If Mackel were here, I'd be putting other things in my mouth." Haw haw haw!!!!! She's a cow.

And also, "Never in the history of sex has a penis and vagina fit together like ours". I did not need to hear her say that.

Can someone please let me know when we get to see Angela masturbating in a bathtub so I can know when to look away?

She is so vulgar. I mean, I'm noisy and profane and boisterous, but I look like June Cleaver next to that boorish, crass hag. She is awful and cringeworthy. And she gets worse and worse, production eggs her on. She should have been bounced from the franchise two years ago, when she slapped Avery and threatened someone else (Rebecca?). That she is still there is a disgrace. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

Vulgar is exactly the right word to describe Angela and she has been getting worse every episode.

I assume the producers tell her she’s funny and a real asset to the show and so she goes farther and farther. She is getting even grosser which I didn’t think was possible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She is so vulgar. I mean, I'm noisy and profane and boisterous, but I look like June Cleaver next to that boorish, crass hag. She is awful and cringeworthy. And she gets worse and worse, production eggs her on. She should have been bounced from the franchise two years ago, when she slapped Avery and threatened someone else (Rebecca?). That she is still there is a disgrace. 

If I had someone brought someone like Angela to a gathering, anywhere, not just IN MA HOUSE, I would be like, look you are never bringing that crude asshole around, ever again. or let us know so we can skip the social function.

Look, my hubby can make a funny semi naughty joke BETWEEN THE TWO OF US, and we are 56.  He would never DREAM of cracking a joke like that in front of my sons or anyone else.

• Love 6

I remember a few months back when discussions about BabyGirlLisa and Usman were new.  People said, "She's MUCH worse than Angela.  Angela is a bit crass, but she's funny."

Then we started to see Angela on the show again.  Now we all seem to agree that she is CRUDE and NOT funny.

• Love 8

Angela seems like the type (often an addict) where if a little of anything is good, a lot is better. A few double-entendres, a wink, a cackle (isn't that cute haha) have become full-on crudity and obscenity. Beyond the bad taste, this show is broadcast starting at 7 when there could be kids in the room. And I agree Angela should have been banned for threatening OR carrying out violence. So should some others,such as Tammy (Kolonic/Assole-you) and Charlie (Elizabeth's brother); also Dean? I hope Sharp is sued at some point. As far as Nuttily's face, she has been monkeying with things like surgery, Botox, lip fillers, implants (maybe in cheeks too) and it's thrown her face all off--which a weight gain also didn't help. Also, some medications can cause facial swelling...I'm wondering if cosmetic procedures are really cheap in Ukraine and Russia...Nuttily used to be rather attractive in an unusual way, not now, more witchy. Early in the season I felt she had an eating disorder because she was so rigid about her food and drink and so controlling of Mike's. Can't wait to see more passive-aggressive storming off by Mikey next week. Oh, that's right, I'm not watching this season. I shall be working my way through War and Peace instead.   

Edited by Tuneful
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

That’s the thing — I pay for cable and have for years, so to me, it’s kind of insulting for Discovery to put content that used to be on cable behind an additional paywall after viewers made this ridiculous franchise into a juggernaut. It’s just a few dollars, but it adds up when I’m already paying for FiOS, HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Amazon, and Patreon subscriptions to podcasts about these shows! (Not arguing with your point, just explaining my reasoning! 😄

Yes, that's why I said "if you've cut the cord."

Clearly, if you haven't, then you already have access to the channels that @MrsHanson and I listed. 

There are many people out there who seem to think that Discovery+ ONLY carries TLC programming. It doesn't. 

Personally, it's worth it for me just to watch Loren scream through the television at Big Ed. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

On it! 😊

My kids tried making a drinking game out of Angela's guffaws, but we were out of Coke 5 minutes into her segment so we had to cut back (or at least wait until we have a whole 12 pack). 

I'm no prude and I love a good dirty joke, but she sounds desperate and hers just aren't funny. 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Yes, that's why I said "if you've cut the cord."

Clearly, if you haven't, then you already have access to the channels that @MrsHanson and I listed. 

There are many people out there who seem to think that Discovery+ ONLY carries TLC programming. It doesn't. 

Personally, it's worth it for me just to watch Loren scream through the television at Big Ed. 

I'm definitely aware that Discovery+ has all the Discovery universe channels, but I wasn't sure how people who cut the cord were getting regular TLC to begin with.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I'm definitely aware that Discovery+ has all the Discovery universe channels, but I wasn't sure how people who cut the cord were getting regular TLC to begin with.

I've cut the cord and I get regular TLC thru Sling but yeah same thing, I pay for Sling and a lot of other streaming services so if I want to watch something that used to come on Sling regularly (like Pillow Talk) I had to pay something else for that!  If I didn't have Sling at all I would definitely go with Discovery + because that would be my only access to TLC, History, Discovery, etc but since I get those channels anyhow...*shrug*

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And remember, she also smeared a cake on Makhul's face.  Also abusive and crass.  It wasn't as if she was doing it in fun-loving jest.  It was done meanly and nastily, which is what makes it abusive as opposed to humorous.

Angela throwing a cake at Michael.jpg

Edited by Xebug67
Added further clarification to my original comment.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I have YoutubeTV and get TLC that way. I have a Roku box and I also have Netflix, Hulu (the cheap one with the ads), Amazon Prime, Britbox, and Acorn. I got HBO Max to watch Allen vs. Farrow but I dumped it again because its too expensive. (12.99 a month! Jesus). I know it seems ridiculous since I already pay for so many, but for some reason its just a bridge too far. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I have YoutubeTV and get TLC that way. I have a Roku box and I also have Netflix, Hulu (the cheap one with the ads), Amazon Prime, Britbox, and Acorn. I got HBO Max to watch Allen vs. Farrow but I dumped it again because its too expensive. (12.99 a month! Jesus). I know it seems ridiculous since I already pay for so many, but for some reason its just a bridge too far. 

HBO Max is introducing a cheaper version with ads for, I think, $8.99/month.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:55 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

i still have cable,  Prime, Netflix and Disney+ .  I can't afford anymore and anyways, Discovery made the decision for me by not offering it up in Canada.   Even our Netflix and Prime doesn't have the full content or same content as you guys down in the States.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/28/2021 at 11:55 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Agreed, plus we’re kind of stuck with Comcast because they’re the only high speed internet provider in our area (which we need for work and school) and it would cost almost as much for that if we dropped cable as it costs for both together. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Agreed, plus we’re kind of stuck with Comcast because they’re the only high speed internet provider in our area (which we need for work and school) and it would cost almost as much for that if we dropped cable as it costs for both together. 

Comcast is pretty much the only game in town here too. But even only using it for internet and paying for streaming services separately, we save almost $100 a month!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Comcast is pretty much the only game in town here too. But even only using it for internet and paying for streaming services separately, we save almost $100 a month!

I wish that was the case here.  I’d love to pay Comcast as little as possible. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Same here. All the streaming apps+internet is still less than what I was paying Comcast for cable alone. Plus, you can pause streaming apps. There are no contracts.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a cable convo. My original point was just that there are more programs on Plus than 90 Day crap.

I'm considering only watching Pillow Talk this season and not the episodes. That's what I've been doing with The Single Life. Watching Kalani and Aseulu is just depressing. She looks miserable and embarrassed. Producers probably put him up to a lot of shit, but their unhappiness looks real AF. Brandon's smug little smirk makes me pissy. His parents claim he's whipped, but they're only mad that they're no longer the ones holding it. I DGAF about Mike and Natalie. 

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Brandon's smug little smirk makes me pissy. His parents claim he's whipped, but they're only mad that they're no longer the ones holding it

Ron's choice of words was telling, saying Brandon was "submissive" to her "whims". Meaning, apparently, that Brandon sometimes does things that Julia wants/likes? She is hardly lying on a hammock, demanding peeled grapes and foot rubs. Jesus. I hate that whole family, Julia should run for the hills. 

• Love 7
On 4/27/2021 at 3:57 PM, Xebug67 said:

Others have pointed out the cosmetic procedures, but I am forever reminded of my former Russian language teacher's graphic depiction (with big arm motions) of the babushkafication that befalls most Slavic women: грудь, живот, попа. Chest, stomach, butt. All shapely in youth, and then all cartoonishly balloon out after the birth of a couple of children or age 35, whichever happens first. Sure, women all over the world become matronly with weight and age. But for some reason, it feels more extreme in Ukrainian and Russian women, because the stereotypes about them run from super-thin (thigh gaps!) pageant-beauty mail-order bride to old, fat babushka who won't let anyone go hungry. There are some camera angles of Natalie where I'm like...yeah, the babushkafication process is happening as we watch.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
On 4/27/2021 at 12:57 PM, Xebug67 said:

I've been meaning to post this for a long time. There were rumors she was pregnant and she really looks like she may be here. She probably didn't want the pregnancy announced if they weren't married. I bet Mike was going to send her home, she got pregnant so he finally married her but as soon as he did she lost the baby. This explains the weight gain and all the wedding drama ending in a quick separation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Babushkafication is a new word for me as a person of Ukrainian heritage. Am not there quite yet. One former coworker of Russian/Jewish background kinda wore a lot of clothing more suited to her 70 plus year old mother. So maybe it is a thing.

• Love 2
On 4/29/2021 at 6:37 PM, greekmom said:

i still have cable,  Prime, Netflix and Disney+ .  I can't afford anymore and anyways, Discovery made the decision for me by not offering it up in Canada.   Even our Netflix and Prime doesn't have the full content or same content as you guys down in the States.

I am also in Canada, it's so frustrating when I read about someone talking about a must-see movie or show and I try to find it only to find out it can't be watched in Canada! So close yet so far away:(

• Love 5

Just fast forwarded through the More to Love that aired last night.  Were there not any bonus scenes?  Or did they forget to label them so I'd know where to stop?

I’m watching this but fast forwarding a lot. I can’t stomach Angela and saw the part about Michael and his family talking about babies. Why is this even a topic? She’s too old and not in great health. It’s ridiculous that it keeps being brought up. I am the same age as Angie-believe me, kids are off the table. 

Asuelo’s voice is like nails on a chalk board. 

Libby and Andrrrrrei and the coven-just no. 

• Love 4

Something has DEFINITELY gone wrong

natalieimmelting.jpg

Something has DEFINITELY gone wrong

(edited)

When Kalani and Asuelu were house hunting, and talking in the car, what the hell was he wearing?     I couldn't see his entire top, but it looked like he raided the kid's closets.  

Why was Angela telling Michael that no matter how much weight she loses, she'll always have big boobs, and get a big butt?   Her butt will be the last part to show weight loss, and it's not going anywhere, and I'm guessing she already has a boob lift, and whatever else she wants booked.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
On 5/1/2021 at 10:53 AM, Almost 3000 said:

Yes, I heard that too. I just think something wonky was going on about announcing a baby. 

I thought she got a dog. 

I’ve seen some pictures of the new Grangie after her 90 pound weight loss, but said pictures looked like they’d been photoshopped. If it really is Grangie, she looks older, weirder, and even less attractive if that’s even possible.

• LOL 1