Type keyword(s) to search

My Lottery Dream Home International - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I had relatives who owned a row townhouse in London. There were 2-3 rooms per level and 4 levels. Kitchen and small tv room at ground level, living room and dining room on the main level, 2 beds and baths, and then another bedroom in the attic. The amount of money they supposedly sold it for was jaw dropping. They were in a good neighborhood.

• Love 3

The young couple who bought the house near London made a great choice, and when he said it was right around the corner from family, I knew which one they would pick.  

The second with the 16 year old that won $1.125 million US playing Fortnite, that was amazing.     The separate shower room makes so much sense.   

The second house with the giant multilevel deck and a separate cottage was interesting.   

Third house has a lot of items covered by tarps.   No surprise that they pick the one full of kids' stuff, and with tarps on a lot of the items.    He still gets his separate games room/cottage. 

The 16 year old gamer does his gaming at all hours, because they're international.   That's why he needed a separate place to game, because he's working while everyone else is asleep.   

Last night's with the single father who won over $500k US was interesting.   I like that they show interesting local features on the UK edition, and Dover castle was interesting.    I knew the second Laurence showed the top floor with the gaming chair, that the third house was the pick.   I loved the first house.   The second house was nice.    I still find it amazing to see a four story house, less than 1,000 sq. ft., and one bathroom.  

• Love 4

Isn't it interesting that a show that calls itself My Lottery Dream Home International only showcases properties in England?  I was originally going to post 'in the UK' but nary a home in Wales or Scotland.

I discovered this show over the weekend.  Watched nine episodes in one day.  Would personally like to thank HGTV OnDemand for FF capability.  This show is a refreshing tonic.  Average Joes buying houses that don't have 17 bathrooms.  Lottery winners that don't insist on open floor plans, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances.  Prospective house buyers that don't hug their realtor every time they see him.  It's a winning combination.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I discovered this show over the weekend.  Watched nine episodes in one day.  Would personally like to thank HGTV OnDemand for FF capability.  This show is a refreshing tonic.  Average Joes buying houses that don't have 17 bathrooms.  Lottery winners that don't insist on open floor plans, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances. 

Whereas for me, I see them spend enormous amounts for junk piles with 1 bathroom and tiny rooms. In my part of Florida, the amount they're spending would get them much better than what they're getting. I still cannot see how that 4 story townhouse was 1000 square feet.

I watched the multiple episodes of the My Lottery Dream Home International (Great Britain, one in Scotland, and one in Wales) this morning.     I really like the host, and seeing the outrageous prices for houses, and flats in the UK.       I'm still shocked at how little you get for the money, and how many will settle for one bathroom, and a multistory home with only one bathroom. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I watched the multiple episodes of the My Lottery Dream Home International (Great Britain, one in Scotland, and one in Wales) this morning.     I really like the host, and seeing the outrageous prices for houses, and flats in the UK.       I'm still shocked at how little you get for the money, and how many will settle for one bathroom, and a multistory home with only one bathroom. 

Property is crazy expensive in the UK compared to parts of the US.

This show is so sad.  I feel so bad for the UKers.  It's such a shocking difference between this and the US version.

The point of this show should be the element of fantasy.  I can't help but cringe at some of these old cottages, LOL.

My DVR is always full so sadly I have to give this show up.  It's good for me for educational purposes, but I can't ooh and ahh at it like I can at the American version.  There's other fun real estate shows for Europe and the UK out there that are a bit more glamourous than this one.  I recommend House Hunters International and Escape to the Country.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

It's really no different to the american version in terms of budget. I mean, we've had folks shopping on the US version with a budget of 110k, so if someone is shopping for 230 gbp, I don't see the difference. I like looking at the quirks in the UK homes. The homes in the US version are kinda all the same. grey floors, open floor plans, white kitchens.

• Love 3