Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Got To Be Real

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I would actually pay real American money to see that. Especially if Dani and Bert run off together and start a wedding planning business. 

He's still a fucking dork. He's such a whiny crybaby and his cloaking his slavering horniness in "religion" makes me sick.

Swing by and pick me up, @Mothra, we'll go and save poor dumb Danielle from herself. 

The "jealousy" and "insecurity" the women experience is always painted as the worst possible sin they can commit. I keep yelling "Its because your husband is banging another woman! Your feelings are perfectly valid!" at my TV. 

These stupid, bovine women who moo about how "tough" polygamy is are surpassed only by the asshole men who whine about how hard it is for them. Dude. 

She walked into this stupid, stupid arrangement with her eyes wide open. WHY.

Howdy Doody playing the banjo finished me. I love Pete Seeger so I don't object to the banjo per se. But Howdy playing "O Susanna"? Oh sweet little tap dancing baby Jesus, I cannot even.

Any woman who looks at a woman who's been living polygamy for all her life, sees the prematurely aged faces, toothlessness, worn hands and ratty hair, and says "Yes, that's the life for me!" needs her head examined. 

Great post.  Sophie's unfortunate-looking mother should have had dentures, at least, before she agreed to be on camera.  I'm not particularly vain, but I draw the line at missing teeth.  

I absolutely despise GarrICK.  His blank unblinking stare, stupid laugh, and general ICKiness make me want to punch his face.  Those poor boys having him as a father is just SAD.  Using God to justify his fucking another woman is repulsive!

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if Demetrius has that sickness where he wants to have sex all the time and Ashley is tired!

That new ‘D’ list the new wives put together is vigorous and he’s even offering to do extras!

Something is wrong with him. Didn’t Tiger Woods have that over sex drive problem?  Somebody else too but who escapes me right now!

A few of the rumors were: Colin Farrell, Charlie Sheen, David Duchovny and Michael Douglas.  I sometimes think they use this as an excuse for the cheating.  A suggestion for a guy who wants more sex than the partner, it’s called solo sex and most men do it.  However most of these guys probably think that is below them.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, readheaded said:

That may be true for some people, but for me, my negative reaction to Bert’s physical appearance has nothing to do her being Brazilian, but Ick’s wholly inaccurate comparisons and descriptions of Bert and Dannielle. Don’t get me wrong, I think both women are attractive and have nice figures, but there just isn’t that much contrast between the 2 to warrant Ick degrading Dannielle. 

Exactly.  I think a lot of us are also rolling our eyes because that idiot seems to think that BECAUSE Roberta is Brazilian she must be so ultra hot.  You know, with her string bikini and all which is what everyone in Brazil wears.  (As an aside, I don't think that either woman was wearing a bathing suit that actually fit properly.)  

And I'm still not convinced of Roberta's insincerity.  I'm probably a naive chump.  

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I don't know why, but I just think of Bert as a homewrecker. It is so obvious that Dani does not want to do this. I know it is completely up to Garrick but I still put part of the blame on Bert. It makes me hate her.

I equate their situation to a married man who cheats and then the wife blames the other woman when she should be blaming her husband. The other woman shouldn’t have violated the Women’s Code, but the husband was the one who was attached and didn’t care enough about his marriage not to cheat on his wife. With these three morons, there is enough blame to go around.  Dannnielle foolishly drank Garrick’s bullshit KoolAid and was hoping she’d be able to pray the feelings of adultery away. And also  God wanted to throw an obstacle in her path. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 9
2 hours ago, vintagesac said:

I had to laugh watching Garlic crying over Roberta leaving. Now he’s got to be nice to Danielle again, but I’ll bet he’ll pretend he’s in a deep depression so she has to run the house and the business on her own. I truly hope she leaves his sorry ass since they’re divorced anyhow, and Roberta decides she’s not just in it for this tool. He deserves to be alone, it will give him more time to interpret the Bible.

Doody and his banjo was just too much. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a less sexy person, unless you count his Meth-in-Law.

Oh, sweet innocent one--Garlic isn't going to lose Qberta, and he will not be nice to Dannnnnielle again.  Qberta has his testicles in a vise.  She doesn't want Dannnnielle to leave--who would she humiliate if that happened?  She wants Garlic to grab Dannnielle's shoulders and give her a good shake and say "You agreed to this! You don't get to back out now!" although Dannnielle "agreed" only under duress ("Listen, Dannnnielle, God really really really wants me to be able to fuck a Brazilian, so if you don't go along with that, you will go to hell").

I predict that Garlic and Qberta will get married, with Dannnnielle standing there grinding her teeth.  They'll come back to the US, and Dannnnnielle will slip into their bedroom some night and dispatch them with an all-steel dibble bar.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ReadMeLattice said:

Yeah, I try really hard to feel bad for Dannielle because Garrick is just such an absolute manipulative loser. But she willingly got a divorce to keep him AND is pulling the classic “the woman is at fault” - he’s your husband of over 10 years and the father of your two kids who dragged you down to Mexico so he could fuck a stranger and you could vacation alone. She’s a random lady you met once before who can’t actually communicate with you in English. You can’t even know what she really said with that stupid translator. I’m not saying Roberta is an angel, but how on earth is she the main one at fault?! She’s been told she’s Garrick’s wife, of course she’s going to want to have sex with him. And she seems about as dumb as Dannielle; sure, she might want a green card, but damn, there are easier ways to get a visa than all this. 

I’m sorry, but you can see how Dannielle has gotten dragged into this — she doesn’t seem to have a shred of dignity. Maybe it’s from Garrick beating it out of her (metaphorically), idk, but it’s infuriating to watch. 

She (Dannnnnielle) is just so goddam dumb.  Qberta has a plan, an evil plan, and the low cunning to pull it off, while poor Dannnnnielle stands there with her thumb up her ass.  Saying that Dannnnielle willingly went into this with eyes open is like saying the rabbit willingly stepped into the trap because she wanted the carrot.  It's kind of wonderful imo that Dannnnielle was so trusting of human nature that she really believed all the crap her husband fed her.

But  god is she dumb.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if Demetrius has that sickness where he wants to have sex all the time and Ashley is tired!

That new ‘D’ list the new wives put together is vigorous and he’s even offering to do extras!

Something is wrong with him. 

You called it! The rest of you folks need to peek in on the Snowdon thread. Or check out TMZ. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Mothra said:

She (Dannnnnielle) is just so goddam dumb.  Qberta has a plan, an evil plan, and the low cunning to pull it off, while poor Dannnnnielle stands there with her thumb up her ass.  Saying that Dannnnielle willingly went into this with eyes open is like saying the rabbit willingly stepped into the trap because she wanted the carrot.  It's kind of wonderful imo that Dannnnielle was so trusting of human nature that she really believed all the crap her husband fed her.

But  god is she dumb.

She keeps saying God wants her to do it?! Why on earth would God want you to do this lol. What a weird and specific and absurd request from a deity. 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, readheaded said:

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if ex-con April was never on the show again.

Who's that now?

9 hours ago, ErikaAlyson said:

Why is it Roberta's fault Garrick likes her? I see a lot of posters coming after her looks. Dannielle and Roberta are equals in terms of looks in my opinion. Dannielle seems confident with her body the way she carries herself. She seems very confident almost arrogant about her appearance with the way she walks around. They also look to be the same size. Dannielle looks healthy. I think people are mad that the American man wants the Brazilian girl and not the American plain Jane.

I'm mad at him, that he's treating his wife like crap.  I'm not really mad at Roberta, but honestly if she wanted an American nerd to think she's the greatest and bring her to the States - she could have gone on a singles site!

8 hours ago, Mothra said:

Yes indeed.  But much as I laugh at the Doody family, they have grown in my estimation. 

His polygamy is, I believe, based on real religious conviction, and I respect that even while I sneer.  The rest of them are in it for the sex; Howdy is in it for his eternal soul.

Yes, I'm starting to have a grudging affection for their homely little family, banjo included 😄   At least with them I feel like I'm getting a look at real polygamy.  The Snowdens, their ridiculous women, and the King's family all seem too fake; I think Sidian and his gal are looking more for a hippie-style free love compound, and no more needs to be said about the grossness that is Garrick and the sadness that is Danielle.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Thought it was weird that Sophie was in labor but it was Colton’s night to be with Tami, so he was not with her at the beginning until they called him.  Just adjust the dam schedule.  These people are very strange.  

I agree, it was very strange.

I took it to be a manipulative move on Sophie's part - there's something in it for her. She wants this night to "count" as Tami's night (not have to have it count as a night he spends with her, even though obviously at some point that's what it's going to turn into) - or perhaps it's for the cameras. Maybe she thought she could look like a saint by not upsetting the schedule.

I don't care much for Sophie and I thought she was trying to be a bit of a martyr in that instance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Anyone else here for this shit show? On a superficial note Dani is much more attractive than Roberta. Nicer body too. 

Roberta is not very pretty. I think the attraction for him is sexual, she has a bigger rack and bottom than Dani does, but Dani is prettier.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I equate their situation to a married man who cheats and then the wife blames the other woman when she should be blaming her husband. The other woman shouldn’t have violated the Women’s Code, but the husband was the one who was attached and didn’t care enough about his marriage not to cheat on his wife. With these three morons, there is enough blame to go around.  Dannnielle foolishly drank Garrick’s bullshit KoolAid and was hoping she’d be able to pray the feelings of adultery away. And also  God wanted to throw an obstacle in her path. 🤷‍♀️

I think your comparison to a "normal" cheating situation would be apt but for the fact that Garlic talked Dannnnielle into pre-approving his straying, so that it's (according to god, don'tcha know) hunky-dory.  Dannnnielle I think has to bear some blame that your example-wife doesn't--she knew this was going to happen and said OK by me.  The fact that she was coerced into that position, and the fact that as you point out they're all dumb as shit, must be considered, too, I guess.  Dannnielle is like a surgery patient who doesn't understand the informed consent form but signs it anyway because her husband who may want her dead told her to "if she wanted to follow god's will."

Qbert bears more responsibility than the normal cheater because she, too, went into this knowing that the wife would be aware, so it was and is to her benefit to befriend besister the wife.  We've seen sincere efforts by sister wives to *not* undercut each other, most notably in the Doody family.  Qbert's misbehavior lies in the insincerity of her treatment of Dannnielle.  She says she cares about sister and pats sister and hugs her, but is enthusiastically complicit in all of Garlic's plans and actions to exclude Danielle.  She has enormous sexual power over Garlic right now, and he would do whatever she tells him imo.  She could have made him modify all of their plans so that Dannnielle would not feel dissed, particularly in planning the big wedding.  Dannnnielle is supposed to be part of this marriage, too, not just the office girl at the landscaping office.

For me the icing on the Qberta cake was her totally unnecessary reveal to Dannnielle about the quickie sex the first night.  I watched that scene again and was struck by how merry and bright Qbert was until Dannnielle and Garlic started having an intimate conversation that excluded Qbert.  Suddenly, Qbert's demeanor changed; rain clouds appeared, and she was "not hungry."  Until she could really, deeply cruelly needlessly injure Dannnielle by among other things revealing how little Qbert and Garlic cared about Dannnielle's feelings.  What a betrayal.  This was a truly despicable act.

But of course Garlic is the most culpable.  It's his dick, after all, that's doing all the joyful Dumpster diving.

• Love 15
19 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m watching, so might as well chat about the shitshow. 

Good to hear that Dannnielle is finally realIzing that she’s not into the polygamy thing.

dmitri: I want to have a deep screw conversation with Tayler.

During Dani's segments, all I was doing was talking to her at my tv screen. Run girl, just run! You are young enough to find a good man and start over again, don't keep having your heart broken by this dip$hit!

19 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I hope Dani walks. I am just sad that she likely will get nothing as the divorce already went through. God didn’t chose this...horny Garrick did...I bet he ghosts the kids too.

If there had not been cameras following them, I wonder if D would have even made it to a motel room?!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
19 hours ago, suev3333 said:

Ya, I did a little gagging myself while watching this one.  These men, ugh...Ashley better firm her ass up, or Dimitri will be all over bachelorettes 2 and 3.  She looks like she's letting herself go.  Thats prob why she wants the sister wives.  So she won't have to do any menial labor in the home.  The poor kids....it makes me cringe. Garrick 🤢,       Sideon (or whatever) 🤮,        Colton😒,       Dimitri and his hair 👎🏼.       And as for King man? 🙄🙄🙄

Dannielle, get out now.  He's no big loss. You can do lots better. And you are prettier than Berti girl.

I wonder why Ashley doesn't cover up her belly, she seems to want to show it off? My pouch is nowhere near that size and I always have to have mine covered. But then again, I am as old as dirt, so maybe it's different these days?

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I’m a little late, but after 90 day last night I’m ready for something good.

I suspect you were bitterly disappointed.  😜

Tinkertoys!!!  I love Tinkertoys, and I am so glad the Snowden children have a set.   Taylor seems to have come from "central casting."  Does that house have room for 4 adults plus 5 small children?  Ashley seems subdued compared to past seasons.  I cannot believe I have watched 3 seasons of these morons.

I find the plot lines on this show even worse than the ones on 90DF, and the people are worse, too. 

6 hours ago, Shelbie said:

Dannielle actually said “ if it was up to me I wouldn’t live this lifestyle “.

Well, it is up to her.  She is already divorced.  I would like to think that after she sees herself on tv and hears herself say this that she will dump  Garrick.  But I am not hopeful, unless her family can intervene more successfully than they did on the show.

Sophie's mother is scary looking.

Sister wife Tami expounds on the virtues of plural marriage.  She thinks it is great that  one sister wife can give  the other a pedicure when pregnancy prevents the expectant mother from reaching her toes.  Newsflash to Tami--- when I was pregnant my husband not only took care of my toes, he also shaved my legs for me.  

I hate Garrick, and I worry that his kids will eventually hear about or see this.   Actually, eventually all the kids form all the families will get older and see these episodes even if they are never on the show themselves. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ReadMeLattice said:

She keeps saying God wants her to do it?! Why on earth would God want you to do this lol. What a weird and specific and absurd request from a deity. 

I know it's in the NEW Testament, but these dummies need to read I Corinthians 14:33:

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace."

Anything that causes a person that much emotional pain does NOT come from God.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I don't know why, but I just think of Bert as a homewrecker. It is so obvious that Dani does not want to do this. I know it is completely up to Garrick but I still put part of the blame on Bert. It makes me hate her.

I wonder what Bert would think and feel if Dani sat her down and told her, in private, that she was totally against living this f'd up lifestyle and it was only because of the big Turd that she has been pushed into it and she really, really did not want to do it?

Edited by mittsigirl
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

I wonder why Ashley doesn't cover up her belly, she seems to want to show it off? My pouch is nowhere near that size and I always have to have mine covered. But then again, I am as old as dirt, so maybe it's different these days?

Ashley's belly puzzles me, too.  She is such a slender woman, with an overall slight build, but that's a 175-pounder's belly, imo.  At first I thought she was pregnant, and then I wondered if she had a tumor or something like that.  Whatever it is, I kind of admire her refusal to Spanx it to oblivion.

It must not be anything serious (I hope it's not) because surely they would have mentioned anything that might cement their place in television history.

Speaking of "these days," young pregnant women I know don't wear special maternity clothes!  They just hike down the front of their jeans and wear big t-shirts.  Maternity clothes was my favorite part!

• Love 1

Young people say they don’t want to hide their baby bump but I wasn’t trying to hide, just didn’t want something skin tight over my stomach and would never walk around with my giant stomach exposed. Back to the show, I agree that the Winders are the old fashioned religious polygamists and the rest are just guys who want to have sex with other women.

I really hope Dannielle won’t lose custody of her boys and or be out on the street, I wouldn’t trust Garrick with anything. Also agree Tayler just wants to be on TV which is why she wants to immediately move in.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Ashley's belly puzzles me, too.  She is such a slender woman, with an overall slight build, but that's a 175-pounder's belly, imo.  At first I thought she was pregnant, and then I wondered if she had a tumor or something like that.  Whatever it is, I kind of admire her refusal to Spanx it to oblivion.

It must not be anything serious (I hope it's not) because surely they would have mentioned anything that might cement their place in television history.

Speaking of "these days," young pregnant women I know don't wear special maternity clothes!  They just hike down the front of their jeans and wear big t-shirts.  Maternity clothes was my favorite part!

Mine as well! I would be so excited to drive to the city to the maternity shop to pick out some nice maternity clothes! I agree, they don't seem to wear them these day, and some wear very tight clothing to further show off their bellies. I don't think Ashley has any medical issues, she just must not have got those muscles back in shape, and probably doesn't care to. Finding sister wives seems much more important. Along with which stick-on she wears on her forehead that day!

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Mine as well! I would be so excited to drive to the city to the maternity shop to pick out some nice maternity clothes! I agree, they don't seem to wear them these day, and some wear very tight clothing to further show off their bellies. I don't think Ashley has any medical issues, she just must not have got those muscles back in shape, and probably doesn't care to. Finding sister wives seems much more important. Along with which stick-on she wears on her forehead that day!

You mean her Decal-a-Day?  Maybe she wears that to distract the viewer from her belly.  "No, no!  Up here--look up here!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

I remember reading way back in the first season that she has (had to look up what it's called) diastasis recti and that's the reason for the pooch.

Edited by waterytart
  • Useful 5
15 hours ago, ErikaAlyson said:

Why is it Roberta's fault Garrick likes her? I see a lot of posters coming after her looks. Dannielle and Roberta are equals in terms of looks in my opinion. Dannielle seems confident with her body the way she carries herself. She seems very confident almost arrogant about her appearance with the way she walks around. They also look to be the same size. Dannielle looks healthy. I think people are mad that the American man wants the Brazilian girl and not the American plain Jane.

Thank you!  Garrick is a POS.  Neither Danielle or Roberta’s looks have anything to do with him being a POS.  Comparing the appearance of the women is indirectly pitting them against each other, and/or looks shaming them.  That’s BS.  Garrick is solely to blame for being a massive POS.  The women are to blame for being terrible at picking a partner.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, dsteele said:
  • What do you call a beautiful woman on the arm of a banjo player?
    A tattoo.
  • A true gentleman knows how to play Banjo,
     But doesn't.
  • What's the difference between a banjo and a trampoline?
      People take off their shoes before they jump on a trampoline.

I got a million of 'em, but I'll leave you with this:

image.png.ea32dc091a9fe55f4326b0df17fb749a.png

Hilarious!  Kermit playing the banjo, damn.  

44BAB2CC-4810-4883-BD78-C7B0FF290A2E.thumb.jpeg.f17867d4ef056a746ec4faa39c4b3564.jpeg

• LOL 8
On 4/26/2021 at 8:22 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

The pregnant wife’s mother looks like Gollum

I thought the exact same thing! If Colton wonders what Sophie is going to look like in a few years...

image.png.f39e20b7cce85738ee4690e00116cd92.png

It’s pretty obvious that Tayler is pressing to move in with Dmitri and Ashley because she wants to jump the line and assume the #2 Wife spot. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Mothra said:

You mean her Decal-a-Day?  Maybe she wears that to distract the viewer from her belly.  "No, no!  Up here--look up here!"

She could wear clothing that would hide her belly if she wanted to.  I don’t think she should have to, but what she’s been wearing highlights the issue.  It doesn’t help that she doesn’t often (ever?) wear a bra, so her whole mid-section is sagging. That’s not a criticism, but an observation.  I’m built much the same way and even a ton of exercise hasn’t been able to undo genetics and carrying 3 babies. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

She could wear clothing that would hide her belly if she wanted to.  I don’t think she should have to, but what she’s been wearing highlights the issue.  It doesn’t help that she doesn’t often (ever?) wear a bra, so her whole mid-section is sagging. That’s not a criticism, but an observation.  I’m built much the same way and even a ton of exercise hasn’t been able to undo genetics and carrying 3 babies. 

You're right, and such wisdom generally comes with age, when you realize that nobody but you really cares about your appearance unless you're looking for a boyfriend.  It took me to age 60 or so to figure this out, so good for Ashley.

I have wondered since the beginning what a movie star like Dimitri was doing with  a normal--and natural--looking partner like Ashley, and I think now that we've seen some examples of what he's looking for in a new wife, the mystery deepens.  Was Ashley once a glamour-puss?  Has triple childbirth just worn her down?  I think she is very pretty, but not conventionally so, and certainly not in comparison with Vanessa et al.  Maybe her sexual prowess is beyond human understanding.

Or maybe Dimitri isn't the shallow horn-dog I think he is.  Nah.  It's the sexual prowess.  Has to be.

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Hilarious!  Kermit playing the banjo, damn.  

44BAB2CC-4810-4883-BD78-C7B0FF290A2E.thumb.jpeg.f17867d4ef056a746ec4faa39c4b3564.jpeg

Ok, I have to defend Kermit ^ and the banjo — when he plays “The Rainbow Connection” it gets me misty-eyed. Every. Time. The song has a sentimental meaning to me.

As for Garrick— I hope he does marry Roberta and she comes here so he can see that all she wants is a green card. Then I hope she gets said green card, has his child and dumps him (and Dani dumps him, too). Then she and Dani can sue him for child support. He disgusts me.

On a final musical note, anybody else hear the 70s disco song in their head when reading the topic title? 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Bad Example said:

Exactly.  I think a lot of us are also rolling our eyes because that idiot seems to think that BECAUSE Roberta is Brazilian she must be so ultra hot.  You know, with her string bikini and all which is what everyone in Brazil wears.  (As an aside, I don't think that either woman was wearing a bathing suit that actually fit properly.)  

And I'm still not convinced of Roberta's insincerity.  I'm probably a naive chump.  

That's a thong not a string bikini.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

It’s pretty obvious that Tayler is pressing to move in with Dmitri and Ashley because she wants to jump the line and assume the #2 Wife spot. 

How do you just leave your city, your apartment, your clothes, furniture, job and never return? Don't you have to give notice to move to your landlord? Who is going to move all of her crap out? What about money, she just walking out on her job?  This is all such bullshit. Unless she was homeless. I think I'm done with this fake show. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 4/26/2021 at 9:39 PM, Adeejay said:

Talk about misdirected anger. Danielle is not only stupid, but she is also delusional.  I can’t believe she called Roberta a liar and blamed her for what was most likely Garrick’s idea.  The irony is that Roberta seems to care about her and her feelings.  Garrick on the other hand, doesn’t seem to give a damn.

I was thinking that, too, until the end when Roberta said that if Danielle is unhappy she can't stay (okay, I'm still with the sisterhood-is-powerful vibe) so Garrick better put his foot down & be a man (or something like that). Wow! We really saw the dark side of sweet sister Bert there. Bert & Garrick deserve each other. But, yeah, Danielle's unwillingness to be angry at Garrick is not healthy for her.

• Love 2
On 4/27/2021 at 12:44 PM, BravoAddict72 said:

Garrick is the homewrecker. Roberta is just the wrecking ball he's using.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 4/28/2021 at 1:17 PM, bichonblitz said:

How do you just leave your city, your apartment, your clothes, furniture, job and never return? Don't you have to give notice to move to your landlord? Who is going to move all of her crap out? What about money, she just walking out on her job?  This is all such bullshit. Unless she was homeless. I think I'm done with this fake show. 

Right, it’s either fake and scripted or it’s giving me Matt and Amber from Teen Mom vibes - he moved in suddenly with her and just never went back home. That’s weird, not flattering. 

• Love 4

What do you all think Roberta meant when she told Garrick to man up? At the time, I thought she was saying that she wanted him to do something about Dannielle's unhappiness, i.e. fix it by treating her better. Sounds like you guys took it as her demanding the he get her in line? I'm curious as to how he could do that.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, waterytart said:

What do you all think Roberta meant when she told Garrick to man up? At the time, I thought she was saying that she wanted him to do something about Dannielle's unhappiness, i.e. fix it by treating her better. Sounds like you guys took it as her demanding the he get her in line? I'm curious as to how he could do that.

I thought the same thing, that she meant he had to do a better job of being a partner to her (Dannielle) and meet her needs. I think the look of dread and surprise on his face was significant, like it had never occurred to him that his new piece would insist he was good to his wife that he's railroading. 

Edited by Canadian Girl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, waterytart said:

I actually took it that way too personally. I’m open to being wrong but that’s what I thought her comment was about. I didn’t think she was saying, like, “man up and tell her to stop” - I thought she was saying “man up and actually be a husband to two women like you promised, or you’re going to lose at least one of us.” She came there under the assumption that they would be sister wives. It was Garrick who seemed to not be actually into that idea. 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ReadMeLattice said:

She came there under the assumption that they would be sister wives. It was Garrick who seemed to not be actually into that idea. 

He's really into moving forward with the wedding to the "Brazilian Bombshell."  But he calls Dannielle "Sister."  His definition of sisterwife for Dannielle leans heavily on the "sister" part, but he wants Roberta for the "wife."

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 4/27/2021 at 3:14 PM, mittsigirl said:

I’m glad you mentioned it since I think of it every time she’s on screen.  I can’t stand her saggy, bra less, boobs or her belly.  Of course she’s a queen and a goddess in her own mind.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I’m glad you mentioned it since I think of it every time she’s on screen.  I can’t stand her saggy, bra less, boobs or her belly.  Of course she’s a queen and a goddess in her own mind.  

By the time you reach the age of 60, some of us have very little filter left and can just say what's on our minds!

• Love 2

Roberta on her solo date with Garrick: "All I can think of is me, him and the bottom of the sea".  Yes, Roberta, many of us would like to think of Garrick on the bottom of the sea also, preferably with heavy chains around his ankles so he can't get to the surface.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

The Merrifields - The look on Garrick's face when Roberta tossed out that she might not want to be with him after all... priceless.  I don't for a second believe Garrick's bullshit claim that he feels like God wants them to live "the lifestyle."  For one, he could barely get the words out when he was recounting the story of his recent mid-life crisis divine revelation, and two, what he was trying to pass off to us as sincere justification was... well... just really really stupid.  Personally, his gross smirk and douche-y giggle make me feel all spiritual too.  In fact, during their segments, I often find myself sending up a prayer to the universe that both Dannielle and Bert the Bombshell end up dumping his horny ass.   In no particular order.  Although, the idea of both women putting him to the curb like the trash he is simultaneously gives me warm fuzzies.

The Howdy Doody Family - Either Tami's been doing a better job delivering her polygamy propaganda soundbites, or she's warmed up to Sophie considerably since last season.  Or perhaps some combination thereof.  In spite of myself, I agree with my fellow posters who have kind of developed a soft spot for this family.  Tami and Colton are unlikely reality show cast members, to say the least, but they do seem sincere.  And Sophie's superpower must be persuasion, as I'm pretty sure that left to their own devices, Tami and Colton would prefer to keep conversation to a minimum when it's just the two of them... and yet here they are putting their love life on display and sharing their "fillings" with a national tv audience every week.  In any case, it wouldn't suck for this family to have a happily ever after, and I hope the teasers for next week weren't (totally) misleading about Colton seemingly growing a pair at least long enough to insist they slow their roll for a while when it comes to their (extremely painfully awkward) search for a third wife.  On a completely random note, I'd also forgotten he's a pharmacist, as I swear his dim tone of voice and dim expression don't exactly scream of intelligence and substance.

The Snowdens - Color me shocked that Ashley gave the green light to Tayler moving in.  Maybe she was just taken off guard or convinced it would make too good of a storyline, as I 100% agreed with the poster who said a few weeks ago that Tayler is way too hot to ever get Ashley's approval.  After he gave the middle finger to the parameters he and Ashley had agreed upon and fucked the first potential sister wife the first night of her first (and only) visit, Ashley delivered a clear warning to Dimitri by insisting they "date" the slightly overweight single mom.  Although personally, I think Vanessa is absolutely gorgeous, Dimitri seemed a little bit less into her, as well as Christeline, than others (e.g. Tayler), so I figured Ashley must have seen them as safer choices.  Pretty enough by Dimitri's standards to gain entrance into the cult, but not hot enough to make Ashley feel intolerably jealous and threatened.  Thus, I figured that Ashley was only pretending to seriously entertain inviting Tayler to join the harem, and would find enough "red flags" to justify vetoing her after a bit.  Overall, eye rolling aside at these two fame whores, their childrens' behavior does seem textbook off, so I do hope that's just a misrepresentation of the true situation, and that they are being well taken care of.

The King and his Co-Queens - boring.

Sidian and What's-Her-Name - super boring with a side of slightly creepy  Plus, her voice totally grates on me.

• Love 2
On 4/27/2021 at 5:33 AM, dsteele said:
  • What do you call a beautiful woman on the arm of a banjo player?
    A tattoo.
  • A true gentleman knows how to play Banjo,
     But doesn't.
  • What's the difference between a banjo and a trampoline?
      People take off their shoes before they jump on a trampoline.

I got a million of 'em, but I'll leave you with this:

image.png.ea32dc091a9fe55f4326b0df17fb749a.png

I have a somewhat dwarfed, multi-toed, unusual looking rescue cat.

She is the product of inbreeding.

As a huge fan of Deliverance, I named her Banjo.  

I'll show myself out now and get my ass back to work.  

banjo.gif

• LOL 3