Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
kariyaki

S04.E15: A Virus, Heartbreak and a World of Possibilities

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, ChitChat said:

…I found most of this episode to be depressing.  I hope it doesn't continue on that way.

I assume the depressing nature of this episode is an anomaly that won’t be repeated. 
I wonder if it was written at a particularly bleak time IRL. There have been quite a few. 

Edited by shapeshifter

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I assume the depressing nature of this episode is an anomaly that won’t be repeated. 
I wonder if it was written at a particularly bleak time IRL. There have been quite a few. 

I wouldn't assume that at all.  I think they're setting up for the marriage fail.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, LisaM said:

Poor Billy. His father leaves...and apparently his sister has disappeared. 

Exactly...does anyone else think that this could have been handled in a more realistic or creative way? Billy’s father disappears, sister vanished into thin air  and Brenda gets a drinking night out with the girls and no real reason Hershel is gone? I feel cheated and a bit insulted.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/23/2021 at 6:32 AM, nora1992 said:

Poor Billy.  
i guess his little sister has been written out, or did Herschel take her?

I hate to be the one to spread rumors, but I heard that Billy's little sister had run of with Richie Cunningham's big brother. This is a big scandal that the networks are covering up. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 17

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, SteveR405 said:

I hate to be the one to spread rumors, but I heard that Billy's little sister had run of with Richie Cunningham's big brother. This is a big scandal that the networks are covering up. 

They're living on a commune with Judy Winslow.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/23/2021 at 4:53 PM, tennisgurl said:

Poor Billy. He doesent even have his chickens now

I'm just praying they don't turn his home situation into a 'very special episode' that results in him harming himself or ......someone at school because no one saw the signs of depression in this kid

  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Didn't the principal ask Billy if he plays football? I wonder if they are going to turn him into a football star?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

If Billy joins the high school football team, he would get attention from George, which we can hope would be good for him.  However, my mother had a big strong student who wanted to join the football team, but did not make it because he could not remember the plays.  I can imagine Billy forgetting what he is supposed to do during a play, which would draw negative attention from George.

Speaking of George, what if he gets another offer to coach at a college that is too far away to commute, and Mary again refuses to move?  Depending on their relationship, it might turn out differently from the previous time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Driad said:

If Billy joins the high school football team, he would get attention from George, which we can hope would be good for him. 

Can he join the high school football team when he's not in high school?  I would think that would be against the rules.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Can he join the high school football team when he's not in high school?  I would think that would be against the rules

I think it was the principal who said that he could forge a birth certificate if it meant Billy being able to play on the team.  So there's at least one person willing to look the other way when it came to the rules.

Edited by AD35

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, AD35 said:

Can he join the high school football team when he's not in high school? 

I meant when he is old enough or when it is allowed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/23/2021 at 9:23 PM, Sarah 103 said:

I'm not sure what the exact layout of the house, but maybe Sheldon can't hear it unless Georgie has it incredibly loud. 

Plus, we see Georgie in headphones a lot - so maybe he really only plays it loud when no one else is around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AD35 said:

I think it was the principal who said that he could forge a birth certificate if it meant Billy being able to play on the team.  So there's at least one person willing to look the other way when it came to the rules.

Even if he had a forged birth certificate he still wouldn't be a student at that school.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, LisaM said:

Didn't the principal ask Billy if he plays football? I wonder if they are going to turn him into a football star?

Billy joining the Middle School Football team would be a great subplot. Georgie could help him practice a little. He may not have wanted the time commitment of regular practice after school, but he might be willing to help Billy practice for an hour on the weekend. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/24/2021 at 7:43 PM, SnarkySheep said:

I'm not the only one, am I, who - when Connie asked Brenda if Herschel had left for another woman - yelled, "ABISHOLA!!" at the tv, right?

You weren't alone there.  I yelled the same thing and my husband was all WTF at me LOL

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Good episode.  I especially liked that we saw Tam again and that everyone in the cast seemed to participate - most of the episodes so far always seem to have at least one of them with a token line or two at best.

Spoiler

I particularly like that they seem to be foreshadowing what those of us who watched Big Bang Theory know is coming.

George is a jerk once again to Mary and for absolutely no reason that we're given.  If he's still holding a grudge about that college football opportunity that's just pathetic.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

 

  Reveal spoiler

I particularly like that they seem to be foreshadowing what those of us who watched Big Bang Theory know is coming.

 

Spoiler

I was really hoping they'd veer away from TBBT's cannon as to what happens to George & Mary.   Just let YS stand on it's own.  But I agree with you that they've started laying the ground work with the issues between the two of them this season particularly.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size