Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Hair Show

• Start Topic

SEASON FINALE!

Kenan, Rick, Gary and Mika prepare the girls for the annual Atlanta Hair Show, but Kenan is feeling the pressure because it was one of Cori's favorite events. Gary secures an offer for a sitcom, but Kenan must contemplate a move to Los Angeles. Cori's mother, Tasha, pays a visit.

Original air date: 4/27/21

So cute! Vanessa Williams and Don Johnson could totally be Niccole Thurman's parents. Great casting there.

Also, the representation in this show is great. 22 minutes dedicated to Black hair? Yes please! Especially without even a hint of preachy. A cast that HAPPENS to be (mostly) Black, not a Black show about trauma. 

I hope it gets renewed. Brightens my day every time.

• Love 8

"We are not fighting"

'Yeah, we are just talking loudly and violently."

Ha!

Nice episode.  But I admit I am not really feeling Mika and Kenan as a couple.  So I am hoping they don't end up going there tbh.

Vanessa Williams and Don Johnson as Cori's bickerson parents.  Great Chemistry.  Now, I need for them to star in an over-50 Rom-Com.  I'd watch that in a hot minute.

My husband (a white guy) was actually listening to a Bronner Bros. hair show podcast this past weekend.  He had no idea what was happening.  It was something that just rotated onto his phone.  So I made him watch one on Youtube.  He has been riveted since.  LOL.

I don't know who is in the writers' room, but the words coming from that Emcee -- had to be somebody black.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Vanessa Williams and Don Johnson as Cori's bickerson parents.  Great Chemistry.  Now, I need for them to star in an over-50 Rom-Com.  I'd watch that in a hot minute.

I mean Don Johnson is doing the Nash Bridges reboot…they certainly had a spark that I loved.

I watched the show on and off. I love most of the main cast, but there is something about the work place scenes that left me feeling meh. I do applaud Kenan and Chris doing this show and travelling across the country for SNL. I can see NBC renewing it for another short season. In this day and age, it’s probably better to keep more series with less episodes.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

I love most of the main cast, but there is something about the work place scenes that left me feeling meh.

I think Keenan is very good in this and I enjoy his energy and acting. I think they may need to recast the work place as none of them are funny or have much chemistry.

I am enjoying this show and hope it gets a second season. Good sitcoms are really hard to find.

Edited by juno
  • Love 4

Vanessa William - WOOOOO!

I am still not feeling the Kenan/Mika relationship. They're fine as friends and coworkers but I don't see the attraction between them.

I think the show does better when it focuses on Kenan and his family rather than Kenan at work. But the show always manages to slide in some funny and unexpected lines like when the DJ at the hair show asked if anyone had a spotify password he could use and Cori sneaking ramen bowls into movie theaters.

• Love 6