Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E19: The World is Not Enough

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

I've never done a 2 person kayak, but I've canoed. I'm not sure if it is exactly the same, but in a canoe, the person in the back steers. They control the direction the canoe goes. When they want to go straight, they should be paddling opposite so CT calling to Amber left, right was correct. If they want to turn, they paddle the same side (opposite the direction they want to go, so a person wanting to turn left paddles on the right). The back person can use their paddle as a rudder to make the turn sharper as well.  I think part of CT & Amber's problem was that Amber was stronger with one side than the other so she wasn't paddling consistently. That's what CT was trying to tell her, she dipped more on one than the other side which will make the boat veer to one side. 

This.  Although all they really need is a person who really knows how to paddle in the back.  I'm not the strongest or most experienced rower in the world, but we did learn to canoe, kayak, and work a sailcat at the camp I grew up going to.  So  if I'm with someone who hasn't canoed or kayaked very much, I always take the back.  You can kind of mosey along in the right direction, and the backseat can just make corrections as you go along.  I have never seen anyone back peddle to correct.  But my plan is also more amenable to people out for a relaxing boat ride, not a high stress, timed competition for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

• Love 4

You know, for all of the talk about Fessy making a mistake by picking Kaycee and dumping Amber, Leroy is really the one who threw away $1 million by choosing Nany instead of Amber. I think a team of Amber and Fessy would still lose. She lucked out, not him, but Leroy and Amber - I think they win. It's possible that they would've struggled with puzzles, but I think they would've been so far ahead from the running part that they could've withstood it. Nany would've slowed CT down, and I think Kam would've purposely slowed down if that meant Leroy winning. 

Obviously, Leroy wasn't an ass about it, and Nany is his friend, so he is never going to bash her, like Fessy would've done. Therefore, no one is going to throw it in his face, but still....it's gotta sting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, mojoween said:

When Amber and CT missed the arrow the producers must have high-fived each other so they finally had some footage to breathe some suspense into the finale.  It made me nervous, anyways.

I know! I actually said out loud, "OMG, they won every checkpoint and they're going to lose because Amber got lost?!" I really thought they were trying to set up for a Leroy win after the whole announcement in the cave, etc. I like Leroy, but can take or leave Nany (who I think would become insufferable if she actually won a final), so I was happy to see CT win. CT may have stumbled in his social game in a different way than I'm used to, but he figured out who the right partner was and got it done.

Fessy can shut the hell up forever after punking out on the eating challenge. If they were going to DQ Kaycee, they would have done it when they wrapped her knee at the site. Fessy never won a daily and punked out on the first day of the final. He should never step to CT again. Sit all the way down, son!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Jess14 said:

You know, for all of the talk about Fessy making a mistake by picking Kaycee and dumping Amber, Leroy is really the one who threw away $1 million by choosing Nany instead of Amber. I think a team of Amber and Fessy would still lose. She lucked out, not him, but Leroy and Amber - I think they win. It's possible that they would've struggled with puzzles, but I think they would've been so far ahead from the running part that they could've withstood it. Nany would've slowed CT down, and I think Kam would've purposely slowed down if that meant Leroy winning. 

Obviously, Leroy wasn't an ass about it, and Nany is his friend, so he is never going to bash her, like Fessy would've done. Therefore, no one is going to throw it in his face, but still....it's gotta sting. 

I think CT wins with any of the women, TBH. He dominated the checkpoints. That’s where the final was won. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

I think CT wins with any of the women, TBH. He dominated the checkpoints. That’s where the final was won. 

That’s certainly possible. Its hard to really estimate without MTV telling us how much time each team spent at the checkpoints, but it didn’t seem like any of the final 3 teams struggled at any of the checkpoints, like we’ve seen in the past. It’s why I thought the uphill running was the difference on day 2. However, if it was the checkpoints, then CT probably does pull it out with Nany.

• Useful 3