Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Winter Should Be Fun!

• Start Topic

The trip starts off with a bang as the housemates battle it out for bedrooms, leaving Kyle and Amanda in the dust; Paige starts falling for a chiseled model, while Ciara begins catching feelings for a certain housemate's Southern charm.

Website Decider is giving Winter House good reviews so it seems like it will be a fun show to watch.  Since RHOBH is coming to a close I need something to fill the void

On 4/20/2021 at 12:09 PM, SilverStormm said:

Also according to my Sling guide the title of the 1st episode is:  Winder Should Be Fun!  if you wanted to change it on the thread title...

• Love 1

I love that 

Spoiler

Kyle and Amanda got "aced" out of the master bedroom by Paige and Ciara. Ha!! It's about time those two got knocked off their self-appointed throne 👹 Besides I think they only filmed for two weeks. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 5

My final thoughts as I am winding down my evening and I am literally in here having a posting convo with mah-self is that Kyle is an utter embarrassment and Amanda actually married that guy. Let that sink in for a moment. HE’S THIRTY NINE YEARS OLD. 38 at the time of filming but you don’t suddenly become a mature adult in 6 months. His zero to blackout has as much to do with not getting the primary as it does with the fact that he’s the only dude who isn’t single and therefore he won’t be macking in the hot tub with the female housemates. That says a lot about the level of respect he has for his fiancé, and it would appear he spends the rest of the trip punishing her for it. I really hope they don’t have kids anytime soon bc Kyle won’t want to be the first one to really get tied down. Or he’ll just ditch Amanda and the baby for filming opportunities. Because you know he will 🔮 

• Love 7

Wow, Kyle was a complete asshole, who appointed him king?  I miss not having Carl there. Also strange that Lindsey arrives so late. The backstory on four newbies range false. Then again, there was that picture of young Paige & Julia, so maybe they've kept in touch?  Still doesn't explain why Julia was able to invite three friends along.  Why not have the main cast bring a plus one?

Speaking of Paige, her friendship with Ciara is a definite upgrade, although I do find it odd that she always shares a room. If it were me, I'd be angling for alone time with Andrea, Now that's a beautiful man.  The other guy I thought was gay but the previews show him bragging about hooking up with Lindsey so ?? 

Gabby just seems like asshole.  Luke looks so much better with the shorter hair, while both Craig & Austen always seem so disheveled, sweaty & smelly. 

• Love 6

I kept laughing at Austen and Craig referring to Madison as “Austen’s ex” over and over again as if she were some random girl no one knows and not a Bravo celebrity herself. “I just saw my ex on a tabloid at the supermarket” is not a normal thing people say, Austen.

I also thought it was weird that the random girl Julia was the one bringing friends. 

• Love 3

What’s the deal with Gabby’s hair? In her talking head segments, it looks like she has a bald spot. In other scenes, her long hair looks thin and brittle. Too much hair coloring and too often?

Kyle was annoying and if I were Amanda I wouldn't have the patience for him.  Why, just because they're a couple, does he feel they deserve the primary?

Andrea is hot, and knows it.  Craig and Austin kept each other in check the way good friends do - telling each other to calm down and/or chill out - like they didn't want either of them to give a bad impression. 

• Love 4

I don’t believe Kyle and Amanda are having a relationship outside of their tv appearances. Two actors playing their parts. It seems like they have been planning their wedding for 5 years.🤣🤣 Has Ciara retired from nursing? She better have credentials to be a registered nurse. Impersonating attorneys or medical professionals in most states is a felony.

Edited by APK
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, APK said:

I don’t believe Kyle and Amanda are having a relationship outside of their tv appearances. Two actors playing their parts. It seems like they have been planning their wedding for 5 years.🤣🤣 Has Ciara retired from nursing? She better have credentials to be a registered nurse. Impersonating attorneys or medical professionals in most states is a felony.

She has a BSN in Critical Care Nursing and her license is active in Georgia - not sure why you’d think she was impersonating a medical professional? It seems she mostly does travel nursing now which are usually 13 week contracts. Plenty of time to film Bravo shows in between. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, TeeMo said:

She has a BSN in Critical Care Nursing and her license is active in Georgia - not sure why you’d think she was impersonating a medical professional? It seems she mostly does travel nursing now which are usually 13 week contracts. Plenty of time to film Bravo shows in between. 

It’s good to know Ciara does have proper credentials to be a R.N. We are all watching a tv show, and I wouldn’t be surprised if a bravo producer fudged the résumé of an actor to make him or her look good.

2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Here we ago again, a bunch of jackholes messing up a gorgeous house.  Can't Lindsey get lost on her way? At least she will bring the crazy.  

I wonder how much money Bravo pays a real estate agency to rent and repair these properties. The Winter House cast is filming the show in a house which probably cost about $875,000.

• Love 1
On 10/21/2021 at 10:15 AM, APK said:

Amanda and Kyle got married in September.   

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Amanda and Kyle got married in September.   

I’m sure it will only be a matter of time be for the divorce attorneys will be collecting their retainer fees. 

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I'm not a big Paige fan, probably because she's so tight with repulsive Hannah.

I loathe Paige, and this is a very Paige-centric show, so that may be why I am not enjoying it.

I also cannot stand Kyle.  He thinks he is this fun, cool partying guy but really he is pathetic.  I think he "fell asleep on the bathroom floor" on purpose to show how wild and crazy he is.

Where is Carl?

• Love 6
18 hours ago, APK said:

Ladies? How did Paige end up dating Craig? She was infatuated with Andrea and downgrades to Craig. In terms of class, I would definitely give the advantage to Andrea, however It appears Paige gave Andrea his walking papers soon after the show.

Andrea seemed very hammy and over-the-top to me, like he was trying way too hard to prove something. Maybe it was for the benefit of the cameras.

2 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Where is Carl?

Carl has said that he decided not to participate in Winter House because the Summer House episodes dealing with his brother's death would be airing while they filmed, and he was concerned that he might fall off that wagon if he were in that environment during an emotionally difficult time. In other words, he actually prioritized his sobriety over reality TV.

I have a huge spot for Kyle, but he has a drinking problem, full stop. He is able to "manage" it much better than Carl did, but it's an issue, and I hope Amanda is paying serious attention.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, APK said:

I’m sure it will only be a matter of time be for the divorce attorneys will be collecting their retainer fees. 

I agree. It’s just a matter of time before she gets weary of the drunk, belching frat boy routine.

• Love 2

Wondering for awhile if Kyle's drunk party persona is a character he plays on TV.  First, because Amanda seems like a decent, intelligent woman who wouldn't be down for that behavior 24/7.  Secondly, Loverboy is hugely successful and even before that Kyle was a well respected in the start-up/business development world.  He has an MBA from Babson, a highly respected entrepreneurial program.

That's not to say I like the part he plays on the show. If anything, his antics are getting worse and even more grating.  But, I do think he's an entirely different person off-camera.  Remember how disappointed he was when Carl showed up for a business/sales meeting drunk? 

I also think that Kyle/Amanda have been together/lived together long enough that she truly knows and accepts who he is. imho, they have as good a chance as anyone to stay together.

So Lindsey's coming but did they not invite Danielle?  I have to say that I really like the compressed timeline, feels more like a real vacation.  Hoping this is a new trend. 

• Love 3

Wow, an all time low for BRAVO? I didn't think anything could get tackier than Summer House but here we are. All the oral sex talk at the table was disgusting. What 30 something people talk like that? We get it, Italian man. You like to lick p@#$y. Ohhhh, you're so hot. And most of the girls would rather give up sucking dick than give up cheese. OOOOKKKK. Again, great table talk. 

The only enjoyable part was watching the guys skiing. Some of them are really good.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I would like to know how this cast of people can afford to live in major metropolitan cities. A popular podcast and hosts can earn at least $100,000. Each cast member of Winter House probably makes about $60,000 for appearing on the show. I believe Paige has social media outlets on the topic of fashion, and I know Craig has his Juris Doctor degree, however I don’t believe he ever took the bar exam in South Carolina or any other state. If you factor in taxes, rent, utilities, and transportation $100,00 in New York isn’t much.

Edited by APK
  • Useful 2

In addition to the show:

Kyle & Amanda - own Loverboy spiked tea & seltzers

Lindsay - owns Hubb House PR firm

Paige - Instagram influencer & podcaster

Ciara - RN

Luke - part time model/actor & youth hockey coach

Craig - owns personal injury law firm and Sewing Down South (he did pass the bar, APK, just like Ciara does indeed have a degree in nursing)

Austen - owns Kings Calling Brewing Co/Trop Hop beer

Andrea - full time model

Julia - model??

Gabby - model??

Jason - model??

The newcomers certainly seem like production plants and their bios on the bravo site appear to be deliberately vague. I think they were brought in to ensure drama and are hoping to be asked back for Summer House.  If they are all indeed models, they're on the brink of aging out and probably looking to make the jump somewhere. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 10/22/2021 at 12:32 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I have never seen Southern Charm. How can you tell Craig and Austin apart? 

Austen has blonde hair and Craig has brown hair. 😀  They have distinct personalities but both are pretty sweet guys on Southern Charm.  I don't watch Summer House so I have no idea who most of these people are and I don't know how you keep any of them apart.  Everybody looks the same to me 🤷‍♀️

So far it looks to be silly, drunken fun!  At least them seem to be more tolerable than those awful Vanderpump Rules people.🤢

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, snarts said:

Wondering for awhile if Kyle's drunk party persona is a character he plays on TV.  First, because Amanda seems like a decent, intelligent woman who wouldn't be down for that behavior 24/7.  Secondly, Loverboy is hugely successful and even before that Kyle was a well respected in the start-up/business development world.  He has an MBA from Babson, a highly respected entrepreneurial program.

That's not to say I like the part he plays on the show. If anything, his antics are getting worse and even more grating.  But, I do think he's an entirely different person off-camera.  Remember how disappointed he was when Carl showed up for a business/sales meeting drunk? 

I also think that Kyle/Amanda have been together/lived together long enough that she truly knows and accepts who he is. imho, they have as good a chance as anyone to stay together.

I think Kyle is very good at separating work from partying, and I think he's equally intense about both. He's good at compartmentalizing, but I think the obsession with partying is very much real - and difficult to watch in a 40 year-old man.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I think Kyle is very good at separating work from partying, and I think he's equally intense about both. He's good at compartmentalizing, but I think the obsession with partying is very much real - and difficult to watch in a 40 year-old man.

I dated a guy who was like that when he was 46 (I was 34 and he lied and said he was 38). The obsession with partying never ends well. He almost died from alcohol poisoning a few years ago. He’s almost 60 now and I’m surprised he’s still alive. Same deal, successful business but also very image conscious and very hard partying. I couldn’t keep up and I didn’t try. I broke up with him after he embarrassed me one too many times. That’s probably why I dislike Kyle so much; been there, done that, got the jewelry. Those guys never change.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I dated a guy who was like that when he was 46 (I was 34 and he lied and said he was 38). The obsession with partying never ends well. He almost died from alcohol poisoning a few years ago. He’s almost 60 now and I’m surprised he’s still alive. Same deal, successful business but also very image conscious and very hard partying. I couldn’t keep up and I didn’t try. I broke up with him after he embarrassed me one too many times. That’s probably why I dislike Kyle so much; been there, done that, got the jewelry. Those guys never change.

I actually have a huge soft spot for Kyle because I think he has a fundamentally good heart and he genuinely cares about people (plus, he's funny). But I think his drinking covers deep unresolved anger, and, like your ex, I think it's only going to get worse with time.

• Love 3

Smoking cigarettes and drinking will soon catch up with this cast of characters soon enough. I have never seen anyone from Southern Charm or Summer House smoking on camera, however I would advise each of these people to stop the alcohol consumption ASAP. Many people turn 35 and the alcohol starts adding weight to your body. You hit age 40 and the weight is more difficult to loose. I hope my favorite girl(Paige) doesn’t smoke. Smoking is rampant on Vanderpump Rules and all of the Below Deck shows.

• Love 4
On 10/21/2021 at 11:35 PM, snarts said:

both Craig & Austen always seem so disheveled, sweaty & smelly. 

Beavis and Butthead, aka Wanker #1 and Wanker #2.  I effing goddamn HATE Austen and want to punch his face AND his dick!!!  I hate his voice, his face, his personality, he's revolting!!!  And the previews shows that he has girls falling for him!!!  WTF??!!!

Julia reminds me of Bonnie Somerville. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Beavis and Butthead, aka Wanker #1 and Wanker #2.  I effing goddamn HATE Austen and want to punch his face AND his dick!!!  I hate his voice, his face, his personality, he's revolting!!!  And the previews shows that he has girls falling for him!!!  WTF??!!!

Julia reminds me of Bonnie Somerville. 

But how do you really feel?? Lol

• LOL 6
12 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think Kyle genuinely cares about his bros (example Carl), but the way he treats Amanda is horrid.

I think Kyle loves Amanda, but I agree that he can be an absolutely shitty boyfriend/fiancee/husband. That said, in the words of "Judge Judy," she picked him (and fought for him, and stayed with him), so she obviously has some investment in being in this difficult relationship. 

• Love 5
On 10/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, APK said:

I don’t believe he ever took the bar exam in South Carolina or any other state. If you factor in taxes, rent, utilities, and transportation $100,00 in New York isn’t much.

He did!  And he has a personal injury law firm.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

He did!  And he has a personal injury law firm.

Ok. On Southern Charm, Craig looked like a complete fool attempting to finish law school and preparing for the bar exam in South Carolina. This was obviously for a storyline cooked up by the producers of that show. Shep was also critical of Craig for being lazy.  I am happy to know Craig did pass the bar exam in South Carolina. I wouldn’t want to look like a fool, however Craig obviously didn’t mind and collected his “Show” money.

Edited by APK
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I think Kyle loves Amanda, but I agree that he can be an absolutely shitty boyfriend/fiancee/husband. That said, in the words of "Judge Judy," she picked him (and fought for him, and stayed with him), so she obviously has some investment in being in this difficult relationship. 

The Bravo paychecks certainly help.Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live(me)

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, APK said:

Ok. On Southern Charm, Craig looked like a complete fool attempting to finish law school and preparing for the bar exam in South Carolina. This was obviously for a storyline cooked up by the producers of that show. Shep was also critical of Craig for being lazy.  I am happy to know Craig did pass the bar exam in South Carolina. I wouldn’t want to look like a fool, however Craig obviously didn’t mind and collected his “Show” money.

I didn’t see him as a fool, maybe the show tried to portray him that way but I never saw that.  

• Love 6
On 10/23/2021 at 4:18 PM, snarts said:

Craig - owns personal injury law firm and Sewing Down South (he did pass the bar

Craig also receives at least $250,000 per season (probably more by now) for being a cast member on Southern Charm. He's doing just fine. 

Austin's money is also coming from Southern Charm, he doesn't have much more going for him. I don't know how successful his beer is just yet. 

On 10/23/2021 at 4:18 PM, snarts said:

Paige - Instagram influencer & podcaster

I hate to admit those influencers make a lot of money. How sick is that. 

Kyle, Amanda and Lindsey seem to own successful companies.

The rest of them, eh, they are still in the just getting by stages. 

• Love 3

I’m not gonna lie I definitely drink on my time off but Kyle is a sloppy ass drunk and an embarrassment. He really thinks of himself as the boss of the house or something. He just thinks he deserves the big room.

Andrea is too much. He obviously thinks very high of himself.

Luke is hot with short hair.

I do not get Austen’s appeal but it must be something because all these women seem to keep wanting to be with him lol.

Kind of a boring show but nothing else to watch.

• Love 3
On 10/25/2021 at 4:15 AM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I no longer feel ANY sympathy for Amanda.  They were together for SEVEN YEARS before getting married and she knew ALLLL of his shitty faults.  But STILL married him.  She is no victim.  So, stop with your whiny nasal bitching, crying and complaints, Mrs Cook!!  One of the things that piss me off the most is when people continue to be in relationships with people who are so obviously wrong for them, but instead of doing the right thing and breaking it off with them, they stay and continue bitching about it.  Just STFU.

• Love 5