Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Catch

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

On 4/25/2021 at 4:45 AM, circumvent said:

, otherwise it is called assault

The correct legal term is medical negligence, but my point was that they couldn't just ignore the bleed which would also be negligent.

I'm glad that they were able to fix her while still doing the natural birth she wanted but I understand why the lady doc reacted the way she did when the main character overrode her decision.

Did she rupture other vessels during her powerful contractions? Did they somehow find the source of the bleed and do sutures to close it up during the birth? 

I'm annoyed that the episode ended before explaining how it was possible to do surgery on a woman giving birth without a caesarian.

21 hours ago, Whodunnit said:

The correct legal term is medical negligence, but my point was that they couldn't just ignore the bleed which would also be negligent.

I understand what you are saying but anyone has the right to refuse care, even if it is the most obviously wrong thing to do. Someone who is conscious cannot be touched without consent, let alone endure a surgery (the original claim was "put under the knife"). No informed consent, the surgery would be considered assault (assuming the patient is awake and able to consent)

Why is a migraine who is having auras in the ER?  I just go to a dark room, take some pills and try to sleep it off.

My son has had to go to the ER b/c of migraines that lasted for days and caused nausea and dehydration. The ER doc put him on a IV cocktail to hydrate him and stop the cycle.  It’s the aura part of the TV diagnosis that makes little sense... auras usually indicate that a migraine is imminent. 

• Useful 2
On 4/21/2021 at 12:04 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

The needle they showed was crazy.  Imo, no one uses those, anymore.  Popular and better are screw on pen needles that attach to a pen cartridge.  I now use an insulin pump with a built in Continuous Glucose monitor, but they are a full time job.  To master using a pump late in life.....I can’t image it.  She might benefit from just a Continuous Glucose Monitor, but that requires a lot of work too.  It would be feasible, if she had an attendant to help her.  To me, Assisted Living would be a help for her.  She still would need an aid to help her getting her blood sugar levels adjusted and on a schedule. 

I am currently prescribed insulin via vial and syringe. Maybe because I am on an 'old' insulin type, available over the counter, due to a another medical condition. Even before that change, I was using the same with levemir insulin. It is as easy as another family member's pen, at least for me.

• Love 1
On 4/20/2021 at 11:09 PM, ams1001 said:

It took this long for Bloom to think of offering her spare room instead of letting this poor woman sneak around sleeping in a closet?

I don't think it was about not having thought of her spare room so much as having gotten to a place where there was something of a relationship between the two, so that Bloom felt she could trust Leyla not to murder her in her sleep (and likely vice versa).

On 4/26/2021 at 1:50 PM, LadyNebula said:

Add me to the roster of people calling shenanigans on Reynolds's mother needing full time care. 

I think the writers just wanted a reason to bring him back to New Amsterdam, and so they came up with something they thought serious enough/potentially serious, yet not so much that Reynolds couldn't still work full-time, socialize, etc.