Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Also, my heart breaks for Tre.  My parents are 70 and I haven’t been able to be with them in a year.  My dad is going into Alzheimer’s and my mom is my life (they are not married, live separately). My best friend dad had a in minor stroke last night.  I lay awake a lot lately thing of my own parents. I CANNOT.  I remember when my fiancé passed away and I couldn’t hold a baby or acknowledge anyone’s wedding (I was 24).  Sooooo sad.   

That’s a lot to handle. 
My parents are in their mid 80s and I haven’t seen them in person since Christmas 2019 (3 months after my brother died unexpectedly). At least we got them on Zoom and my sister lives there. It’s been really tough. They are vaccinated and I just had my second shot. I hope I can go visit them soon.

COVID sucks.During COVID, my nephew and wife had a baby girl, my niece got married (was rescheduled twice). Then their mom, my wonderful sister-in-law died of gallbladder cancer (this was my late brother’s wife). Yet, I am states away from my immediate family. Sorry, I digressed.

I wasn’t to see and be with my parents, because I don’t know how much time we have left.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

That’s a lot to handle. 
My parents are in their mid 80s and I haven’t seen them in person since Christmas 2019 (3 months after my brother died unexpectedly). At least we got them on Zoom and my sister lives there. It’s been really tough. They are vaccinated and I just had my second shot. I hope I can go visit them soon.

COVID sucks.During COVID, my nephew and wife had a baby girl, my niece got married (was rescheduled twice). Then their mom, my wonderful sister-in-law died of gallbladder cancer (this was my late brother’s wife). Yet, I am states away from my immediate family. Sorry, I digressed.

I wasn’t to see and be with my parents, because I don’t know how much time we have left.

It’s a weird and tough time.  I’m vax’d even if I didn’t agree with it all, I did it so I can make my mom feel ok visiting us and keep my kid in school.  I got the 1 shot, the day before they called it off and like 3 days after my county opened up to gen pop (I’m not high risk).

I feel for Tre because I have been incarcerated and it fucking sucks.  I have a soft spot for her, I know not many do.  If you’ve never been on that side of it, you won’t ever understand.  Life in “camp” SUCKS.  And when we have done our time (like she has) then what.  And sorry that y’all want to make fun of her calling it camp or time away but it’s not easy.   There’s so much shame and stigma.  It’s NOT A FUN TIME.  I can’t imagine how hard it is for her to not have her parents anymore.

Sorry I went off there. 

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

It’s a weird and tough time.  I’m vax’d even if I didn’t agree with it all, I did it so I can make my mom feel ok visiting us and keep my kid in school.  I got the 1 shot, the day before they called it off and like 3 days after my county opened up to gen pop (I’m not high risk).

I feel for Tre because I have been incarcerated and it fucking sucks.  I have a soft spot for her, I know not many do.  If you’ve never been on that side of it, you won’t ever understand.  Life in “camp” SUCKS.  And when we have done our time (like she has) then what.  And sorry that y’all want to make fun of her calling it camp or time away but it’s not easy.   There’s so much shame and stigma.  It’s NOT A FUN TIME.  

Sorry I went off there. 

That’s rough and thanks for sharing, that was brave. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for the reason Teresa went to “camp” because her restitution does not mean the people being defrauded ever got the money due to them. However, she served her time and it doesn’t seem like she will repeat those behaviors; it’s not like she stabbed another person. The stigma has to be rough and unfair. I firmly believe that our past is our past, no matter what it is, and we should be judged on our actions today not our actions from years ago (which is why I find Twitter to be awful).

I do, however, feel awful for what she went thru at camp, especially not being there for her daughters and her parents. I can’t even begin to imagine what it is like to be incarcerated (That has a lot of parallels to trying to explain to others what it was like to be in an abusive marriage/relationship - getting out is not simple and unless you lived it, you don’t really get it.

Teresa loves her girls so much and she appears to be a great mom (with the exception of going to Gia for advice and “counsel” on many things).

image.png

Edited by Stats Queen
I can’t delete this emoji. - don’t even know how it got there
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

That’s rough and thanks for sharing, that was brave. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for the reason Teresa went to “camp” because her restitution does not mean the people being defrauded ever got the money due to them. However, she served her time and it doesn’t seem like she will repeat those behaviors; it’s not like she stabbed another person. The stigma has to be rough and unfair. I firmly believe that our past is our past, no matter what it is, and we should be judged on our actions today not our actions from years ago (which is why I find Twitter to be awful).

I do, however, feel awful for what she went thru at camp, especially not being there for her daughters and her parents. I can’t even begin to imagine what it is like to be incarcerated (That has a lot of parallels to trying to explain to others what it was like to be in an abusive marriage/relationship - getting out is not simple and unless you lived it, you don’t really get it.

Teresa loves her girls so much and she appears to be a great mom (with the exception of going to Gia for advice and “counsel” on many things).

image.png

Yeah no.  It’s so hard to understand.  And I myself am still very judgmental of people and their choices, but I shudder every night when I lay down and remember laying in that metal bed on a plastic mat.  And then waking  up to that nasty ass food, after getting no sleep because the lights NEVER turn off.  And you can never really sit or lay down AT ALL.   She did her time that the judge felt she deserved.  Same with Joe Guidice.  And they both seem to act like good people now.  IDK.  It’s tough.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Teresa loves

10 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Teresa loves her girls so much and she appears to be a great mom (

She is. And that’s all we can hope to be at the end of the day.  And to be honest, I think Tre is a great and loving mom.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

She is. And that’s all we can hope to be at the end of the day.  And to be honest, I think Tre is a great and loving mom.

I agree and at the end of the day, that is what all children deserve.

My brother and sister-in-law (RIP) really spoiled my niece and nephew. However, they loved them beyond all measure and were just wonderful. They both became responsible amazing adults because of their parent’s love....

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I was also thinking that Antonia looks like Melissa pre-surgeries, etc.  I bet she can’t wait for her to turn 18 so she can send her for surgery.

Poor kid...her mother embarrassing her like that on national TV. Melissa did a piss poor job of having the “talk”...good grief. It couldn’t have been any worse. It’s bad enough to be at that awkward stage anyway but to have your mom say that stuff in front of the world is just awful. I will say I remember when Antonia was a little girl how sweet and cute she was...now she’s a mouthy teen with a “tude”.

• Love 5

I really cannot imagine being around all those girls and their moms without my mom.  And she had to do it, let’s be real it was a filming event.  have some compassionate.  

On to Jackie and Marge.  Sorry Marge that your mom sucked.  Quit trying to make a bitch off it.  I’m really staring to pity Joe B., like he’s a total wimpy at this point.  

Jackie can’t take it but hey she can try to dish it.  Taj Mahal?  Ummmm k.  Ask your slack jaw looking chia head husband how his hedges are doing.   Listen underbite chihuahua YOU SLOPPY.   Also your kids are chia looking too.  Your driveway barber shop is a nope.

Melissa.  What happened to you?  We all know JESUS doesn’t want you talking about this like that.  PRAISE JESUS.  I’m sure Antonia is been educated in her Faith Formation classes.  Even Tia Tre ain’t this tacky.  MILANIA.  Fix it Jesus.

LARGE MARGE BE GONE.  Big mouth Billy Bass wants his mouth back.  No one in the world want to hear any more about your ancient mom and her sport fucking.  

Edited by geauxaway
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

I feel for Tre because I have been incarcerated and it fucking sucks.  I have a soft spot for her, I know not many do.  If you’ve never been on that side of it, you won’t ever understand.  Life in “camp” SUCKS.  And when we have done our time (like she has) then what.  And sorry that y’all want to make fun of her calling it camp or time away but it’s not easy.   There’s so much shame and stigma.  It’s NOT A FUN TIME.  I can’t imagine how hard it is for her to not have her parents anymore.

Sorry I went off there. 

If she and her dumbass ex hadn’t gotten greedy and committed fraud they wouldn’t have had to do time. Sorry ...I have no sympathy for her. For the kids? Yes...they have suffered a lot. Her parents suffered and did all the work involved with the kids and the home while she was at “camp”. For all her mistakes and personal humiliations, she could have and should have had some personal mea culpa and been less self absorbed and petty. 

• Love 9
Just now, BrownBear2012 said:

If she and her dumbass ex hadn’t gotten greedy and committed fraud they wouldn’t have had to do time. Sorry ...I have no sympathy for her. For the kids? Yes...they have suffered a lot. Her parents suffered and did all the work involved with the kids and the home while she was at “camp”. For all her mistakes and personal humiliations, she could have and should have had some personal mea culpa and been less self absorbed and petty. 

Wow, OK.  I mean.  They did their crime and paid their time as sentenced by the courts.  So now what?   What else should Teresa Guidice do to make things right for you.  Should she volunteer to go back to prison for you?   She’s a real life person as we all are.  Camp sucks.  That’s all I was saying as someone who has been in there.  They were convicted and served their sentences.  Now what?  She’s the DEVIL FOREVER????  

• Love 13
7 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I understand that it’s hard to believe, but understand that you are looking at it from a very different, western (&, modern) point of view. She is a woman from a middle eastern country, a patriarchal society that viewed girls and women as breeders, cooks, and housekeepers. Men held the power; a 16 year old girl who was married off will have no say in what her life would be like and where it would be. The husband has the only and final say. Unfortunately, this is still true in many patriarchal societies. Look at Malala, who was almost murdered, because she just wanted to go to school. That’s in recent years. I have no doubt that 50 years ago, what Jen’s mother went through is exactly how she explains it and it’s not revisionist history.

What is different is that the woman has finally gained insight and confidence and is speaking up for herself.

My own mother was married at 18; she was not educated. The expectation was for her to get married and have babies. That’s it. She never had a real adolescence and never a young adulthood. She had me two months before she turned 19...and she reacted very similarly to Jen’s mom when was in her 50s. So, as unbelievable as it seems, it really is likely that her mother truly had no say in her life. 

This article was written in 2017..

https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/45-percent-of-young-turkish-women-agreed-to-arranged-marriages-in-2016-report-113171

I'm also reminded of another student I met in grad school in the early 2000s. She told me after she finishes school, with her degree, she was going to return back (I forgot the exact place in India) to be married, as the families had already picked out her husband. Getting her masters in the US makes her more "desireable" to a man's family. I was a little in shock as this was my first experience hearing of such. Trying not be too invasive, I did ask a few questions. She didn't know much about the man, just that the families were close. It was her last statement that always stuck with me " You learn to love someone as the years go by".

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Poor kid...her mother embarrassing her like that on national TV. Melissa did a piss poor job of having the “talk”...good grief. It couldn’t have been any worse. It’s bad enough to be at that awkward stage anyway but to have your mom say that stuff in front of the world is just awful. I will say I remember when Antonia was a little girl how sweet and cute she was...now she’s a mouthy teen with a “tude”.

I just had a passing thought of what could be possible worse..

When Joey G has his "talk" with his sons...All kinds of sexual filth is going to flow.. it just may be too x-rated to film..

1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

Wow, OK.  I mean.  They did their crime and paid their time as sentenced by the courts.  So now what?   What else should Teresa Guidice do to make things right for you.  Should she volunteer to go back to prison for you?   She’s a real life person as we all are.  Camp sucks.  That’s all I was saying as someone who has been in there.  They were convicted and served their sentences.  Now what?  She’s the DEVIL FOREVER????  

Never said she was the devil. I just said I did not feel sorry for her. She did the crime, served her time and came home. She and Joe got greedy and did not think of the impact of getting caught would have on their children and their parents. 

This seems to be a pattern of behavior for several Housewives. Didn't someone on the Salt Lake City franchise just get busted for fraud? Anyway, I just feel Teresa came back all yoga love and peace for a few months but then went right back to the old Teresa shit stirring self. Frankly I liked the yoga loving Teresa better sans Danielle Staub. BTW...prison is supposed to suck. I watched Orange is New Black...

2 minutes ago, sATL said:

I just had a passing thought of what could be possible worse..

When Joey G has his "talk" with his sons...All kinds of sexual filth is going to flow.. it just may be too x-rated to film..

Better to let their pediatrician have the "talk" or better yet...Frankie Jr. He seems to be level headed and the Gorga boys probably look up to him.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I totally agree with you and also thank you for sharing your story.  Tre did her time, which was in line with what other people have been sentenced for similar crimes.  It sucks what she did, but like....there’s nothing more she can do.  Juicy Joe got deported, which I thought was bullshit because there are violent criminals in this country illegally who don’t even get deported.  And yes, from earlier seasons until now, for all Teresa’s faults she does seem like a good mom and her kids really love her and their dad, so that;s something.

Onto Jennifer and her parents, I can see her daughter not realizing her grandparents had an arranged marriage.  She’s a teenager and probably just never actually gave it that much thought.  I feel for Jen’s mom but also didn’t she once chastise Jen for daring to complain that Bill worked too much and she was tired of being home alone with the kids?  Jen really isn’t much of a complainer when it comes to her marriage and seems to really appreciate her husband and her life.  Jackie and Marge can just pound salt.  I think they are both catty and jealous.

• Love 9

I've always hot and cold with Teresa.  I was happy to see her so giddy about her new boyfriend.  It is amazing that she and Joe handle the post divorce stuff so well. 

I completely believe Jennifer's mom story.  I have a good friend whose parents had a very similar story - married at 16 to an older man, moved to America, had several children right in a row.  That marriage eventually imploded.  It got very ugly.  It been years but they still deal with the fall out.  My friend initially sided with her dad and didn't really see her mom's side until she herself had a daughter.  She carries a lot of guilt still.

• Love 9

As someone who lost my relatively young mother (64) recently and at a young age (32), my heart breaks for Tre - doubly so as it was at the height of the pandemic so I really feel for her with not being able to give her dad a big memorial. Still waiting on the opportunity to give my mom the memorial she deserves after a year. It’s never easy and I can’t imagine it getting any easier. I didn’t know why Tre decided to go to that gathering as the only one without her mom. I’d have politely declined rather than try to suffer through it with a smile.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Sorry I went off there. 

I like Teresa too - at least as far as reality TV. She drives the show. From the start, both of her parents have been featured prominently on the show. You could tell how close she was to both. I do also think it was a total shock for her mom to pass before her father. The father was the one with all of the health problems.

As for the scene at Jennifer's with Teresa leaving early - that was "genuine & raw" Very rarely do we see Teresa cry - and when she does she gets all  splotchy skinned because she tries to suppress her feelings. I do think she didn't bow out because production gave the order that it was mandatory.

On a side note - I think someone else mentioned it but Both Gia and Milania have smoker's voice. So much - that this is what I thought of

giphy.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I sympathize with Teresa’s pain from missing her mom, but, it’s weird that she has no relationship with Kathy Wakile and her Mom. Isn’t Kathy’s mom Teresa’s aunt ( her father’s sister)? I think there may be a long-standing feud going on but one would hope that a death in the family would bring the family together. 

Jackie doesn’t seem ok. It’s really sad- she has everything she could dream of but still seems to be battling her eating disorder demons. 

• Love 5
On 4/21/2021 at 11:46 PM, sATL said:

I missed why it took 5 years for Delores to go get a mammogram - seems out of character for her. She's too logical, cares for her parents  health ...I hope everything comes out ok..

I will defend her - it is so easy to put it off.  I put it off for 4 years!  It is not something anyone wants to do, so it is easy to just say - oh I will get to that soon!

When I was a little girl, I remember my mother's friend was going on and on about how awful it is and PAINFUL and how they squish your boobs between glass panes... I was terrified!  Of course, once I went, I could not believe how easy and pain-free it actually is!  Maybe there have been advances since the 80s.  

On 4/22/2021 at 12:02 AM, ichbin said:

I could do without the Marges, looking like plastic surgery mishap bookends, squeezing out tears for the camera as marketing for a book I will never read. Also, Margaret was an ass when Jen attempted to apologize about her earlier comment.  

They both look awful.  The elder Marge looks especially pathetic.  I like Margaret, but this season, she is wearing on me.  I read some of the book - she goes on about how glamorous and beautiful her mother was/is, and how she got men to do anything for her.  I don't see it.

And why did she put "tuna fish" in the title?  I get the meaning, but I just don't want to think about tuna fish...

I also can do without the assistant Lexi.

On 4/22/2021 at 2:20 AM, sATL said:

Did they work too, just kind come off as they don't, or ever did ? Do the dads come off wealthier than they portray?  Jennifer's dad is probably the wealthiest of the 3 - but to maintain another separate household? The whole concept must be a little mind boggling to Mellissa's mom, who I am sure had the passing thought "if she could have just one more day with her husband"..

I thought Jennifer grew up poor.  Jackie is the one with the wealthy parents.

On 4/22/2021 at 12:22 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Question: How does someone get an award from a breast cancer awareness and prevention organization and hasn't had a mammogram in five years???? Buh??? How do you even accept that award having not had the #1  breast cancer prevention tool available to you and you didn't have it done??!!! OMG! That's just inconceivable to me. How do you accept the award in the first place? How the hell did she get nominated for this anyway? The whole thing stinks....and Delores is a fake.

She got the award for helping others.  I assume she helped the women who we met in a previous season, who were going through hard times.  She probably helped them get to a doctor or clinic. 

How does that make her fake?

22 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Its totally a thing - not sure if you live near an Italian bakery, but if you do, ask if they have the chip and dip and if they don't ask them for the filling and the shells separately and you can crack the shells and make your own chip.  As a side note, I never/rarely get my cannoli pre-filled, the shell gets too soggy - we fill as needed.  LOL  

I love when the shell gets a little bit less hard.  Not soggy, but I don't like biting into the shells when they are too hard.

16 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I have family members who have been to prison - I do feel sympathy for people in prison, but with Teresa, I just cannot find it in me. 

I have ZERO sympathy for Teresa.  None.  She basically stole from hardworking people to fund her lifestyle.  Going to prison did not make the people she stole from whole.  It's not like this was a victimless crime.

She CHOSE to steal, knowing full well that what she was doing could put her in prison, and away from her girls and her parents.  She continued to go down that path.  She wasn't an innocent party, she knew full well what was going on.  She wanted to show off her "fabulous" life of luxury, and make people jealous.  She did this by stealing.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

There was a scene where Melissa had Jackie over since she didn't attend the boat trip.

Melissa is fixing a salad - pouring dressing on it.

She tells Jackie she made a salad for them and Jackie says - oh I'm not hungry, I just ate in the car on my way over here. Seriously??? A salad?

She needs to get off the TV and take care of her raging disorder.

I really don't want to watch her fluffing her food at Jennifer's at the next episode. That food looks sooooooo good

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
58 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I will defend her - it is so easy to put it off.  I put it off for 4 years!  It is not something anyone wants to do, so it is easy to just say - oh I will get to that soon!

When I was a little girl, I remember my mother's friend was going on and on about how awful it is and PAINFUL and how they squish your boobs between glass panes... I was terrified!  Of course, once I went, I could not believe how easy and pain-free it actually is!  Maybe there have been advances since the 80s.  

They both look awful.  The elder Marge looks especially pathetic.  I like Margaret, but this season, she is wearing on me.  I read some of the book - she goes on about how glamorous and beautiful her mother was/is, and how she got men to do anything for her.  I don't see it.

And why did she put "tuna fish" in the title?  I get the meaning, but I just don't want to think about tuna fish...

I also can do without the assistant Lexi.

I thought Jennifer grew up poor.  Jackie is the one with the wealthy parents.

She got the award for helping others.  I assume she helped the women who we met in a previous season, who were going through hard times.  She probably helped them get to a doctor or clinic. 

I love when the shell gets a little bit less hard.  Not soggy, but I don't like biting into the shells when they are too hard.

I have family members who have been to prison - I do feel sympathy for people in prison, but with Teresa, I just cannot find it in me. 

I have ZERO sympathy for Teresa.  None.  She basically stole from hardworking people to fund her lifestyle.  Going to prison did not make the people she stole from whole.  It's not like this was a victimless crime.

She CHOSE to steal, knowing full well that what she was doing could put her in prison, and away from her girls and her parents.  She continued to go down that path.  She wasn't an innocent party, she knew full well what was going on.  She wanted to show off her "fabulous" life of luxury, and make people jealous.  She did this by stealing.  

58 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Helping others to go for mammograms that she has skipped out on for FIVE years? If you're getting an award for helping others the least you can do is to set an example and get a damn mammogram! Yes they're uncomfortable but they save lives! Early prevention is the key. Presumably that was the point of the award? Early prevention=mammograms? To me, she should have gone for a mammogram before accepting the award and could have used herself and her five year delay in getting one as a cautionary tale...that would have been real and true. Instead she accepted the award and made an event out of it overloaded with expensive pink floral arrangements and catering services. I guess I have a hard time with people that want all the accolades for something that they themselves don't do...that is fake. Mind you, I like Delores...I find her refreshing and honest...that is why I was shocked by her admission and her lack of rectifying before accepting the award.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Helping others to go for mammograms that she has skipped out on for FIVE years? If you're getting an award for helping others the least you can do is to set an example and get a damn mammogram! Yes they're uncomfortable but they save lives! Early prevention is the key. Presumably that was the point of the award? Early prevention=mammograms? To me, she should have gone for a mammogram before accepting the award and could have used herself and her five year delay in getting one as a cautionary tale...that would have been real and true. Instead she accepted the award and made an event out of it overloaded with expensive pink floral arrangements and catering services. I guess I have a hard time with people that want all the accolades for something that they themselves don't do...that is fake. Mind you, I like Delores...I find her refreshing and honest...that is why I was shocked by her admission and her lack of rectifying before accepting the award.

If she went above and beyond to help women procure mammograms, she should get an award.  Not sure what she did exactly to get the award (maybe she drove people to the mammogram, maybe she just made the calls, who knows), but it was enough that a group of people decided that she deserves an award.

People get awards for helping others while neglecting their own needs all the time.  There are so many women who put it off for many reasons - fear, lack of transportation, not having time off from work, etc. 

It's not like it is a moral failing!

• Love 8

I now understand more than ever that I need a good glam squad.  I think Margaret looked so good on the boat.  The makeup, the hair.  I want that.  I think I’m like Margaret (minus the plastic surgery and Botox). I look pretty blah most of the time but with the right hair and makeup, it makes all the difference.  Notice her get together with her mom,she didn’t look nearly as good.  

24 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

If she went above and beyond to help women procure mammograms, she should get an award.  Not sure what she did exactly to get the award (maybe she drove people to the mammogram, maybe she just made the calls, who knows), but it was enough that a group of people decided that she deserves an award.

People get awards for helping others while neglecting their own needs all the time.  There are so many women who put it off for many reasons - fear, lack of transportation, not having time off from work, etc. 

It's not like it is a moral failing!

She may or may not have put it off for 5 years. She just hasn’t had one for 5 years. It sounds as though she had a mammogram around age 45. Depending on results and family history her doctor may not have scheduled another one until now. Just as with all other medical advice - blood pressure, cholesterol, coffee, etc. - guidance seems to change from time to time. I believe that now the advice is to get one annually after 40 although age 50 was the recommendation for a long time,

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, janiema said:

She may or may not have put it off for 5 years. She just hasn’t had one for 5 years. It sounds as though she had a mammogram around age 45. Depending on results and family history her doctor may not have scheduled another one until now. Just as with all other medical advice - blood pressure, cholesterol, coffee, etc. - guidance seems to change from time to time. I believe that now the advice is to get one annually after 40 although age 50 was the recommendation for a long time,

I'm the same age as Delores, I think.  I've been told to get one annually after 45 and I don't have a strong family history.  She's been avoiding it, no doubt in my book.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

There was a scene where Melissa had Jackie over since she didn't attend the boat trip.

She tells Jackie she made a salad for them and Jackie says - oh I'm not hungry, I just ate in the car on my way over here. Seriously??? A salad?

I really don't want to watch her fluffing her food at Jennifer's at the next episode. That food looks sooooooo good

After all we have seen does anybody believe for one second that Jackie ate in the car?

What was with the snide comment about a huge mortgage and no furniture?  That was bitchy.  I am more and more convinced that Jackie, Marge and Melissa are supremely jealous of Jennifer.  For all their talk about how she is rude, out of touch, etc, they are outright assholes to her.  They hardly represent graciousness and thoughtfulness. 

I may be in the minority, but I thought Marge looked really pretty in the convo with her mom.  I didn't like her yacht look.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

During this scene I remember thinking that some of the trees in the background looked like they were already changing color.  I wonder if this was something filmed after the primary production time just to be used as filler.

18 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I really cannot imagine being around all those girls and their moms without my mom.  And she had to do it, let’s be real it was a filming event.  have some compassionate.  

That occurred to me too.  Teresa, if anything, does appear to be a team player in regard to production expectations.  I think a lot of the negativity toward her probably stems from her willingness to play along and be directed toward a scenario for the sake of production.

16 hours ago, sATL said:

I'm also reminded of another student I met in grad school in the early 2000s. She told me after she finishes school, with her degree, she was going to return back (I forgot the exact place in India) to be married, as the families had already picked out her husband. Getting her masters in the US makes her more "desireable" to a man's family. I was a little in shock as this was my first experience hearing of such. Trying not be too invasive, I did ask a few questions. She didn't know much about the man, just that the families were close. It was her last statement that always stuck with me " You learn to love someone as the years go by".

It is hard not to judge other cultures by our own standards.  There are very different norms throughout the world. Indians I know who have arranged marriages did in fact have some say in the matter.  If you're interested, check out Meet the Patels for an explanation of what goes on for many in this day and age.  We actually have a family member getting married who found their spouse through Indian marriage channels despite their own parents and a sibling meeting spouses in non-arranged fashion. 

53 minutes ago, Tiggertoo said:

I now understand more than ever that I need a good glam squad.  I think Margaret looked so good on the boat.  The makeup, the hair.  I want that.  I

She was blessed with striking eyes which can be artfully enhanced with make-up.  Hopefully she doesn't have herself nipped, tucked and stretched so much in the future that her mouth completely takes over her face.

4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I agree.  Time goes by quickly.  I won't discount the possibility that the whole thing was made up for the sake of a story either though.   

• Love 2

On one hand (and for really no good reason), I’m also skeptical that Jackie ate in the car. On the other, I really find it not weird at all to not feel like eating a salad (or whatever else), especially if she did just eat. I eat more than a lot of people, but I have moments (few and far between) of not wanting to bother. Maybe she still has food issues, maybe she doesn’t, but Jackie’s weight seems fine to me.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

After all we have seen does anybody believe for one second that Jackie ate in the car?

What was with the snide comment about a huge mortgage and no furniture?  That was bitchy.  I am more and more convinced that Jackie, Marge and Melissa are supremely jealous of Jennifer.  For all their talk about how she is rude, out of touch, etc, they are outright assholes to her.  They hardly represent graciousness and thoughtfulness. 

I may be in the minority, but I thought Marge looked really pretty in the convo with her mom.  I didn't like her yacht look.  

Jackie, Margaret and Melissa fancy themselves the cool girls. Mostly they obsess about Teresa and Jennifer. The other three seem to have fun when the three of them are together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I’ve been rewatching RHONJ lately from the beginning and it’s surprising to see how Teresa and Joe are so good post divorce. It’s nice.

Margaret is so blah. Do not care about her book ugh. She needs to back off Jennifer like jeez.

Teresa needs to lay off the fillers.

• Love 5
On 4/22/2021 at 3:20 AM, sATL said:

Even though it is extremely personal, I would like to know how the 3 moms ( Deleores/Jackie/Jennifer) parents,  and dads financially survive and maintain a whole separate households for decades, as they now are in their retirement years,

I've wondered the SAME.  My dad's buddy lived separately from his wife for several years bc of his own problems then they reconciled and he moved back in. My mom is astounded at how that could've happened and all the $$ flushed away during that period, wasted on rent $$. This show make it so casual like "oh whatever works for them!" Like, there are families who can't afford ONE home or swing rent nowadays. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Marley said:

I’ve been rewatching RHONJ lately from the beginning and it’s surprising to see how Teresa and Joe are so good post divorce. It’s nice.

Where are the earlier episodes streamed for free ?

I think one reason for peace is that there is an ocean to separate the two and one of them cannot cross back to the US.

sometimes divorced problems become bigger b/c you have to deal with one another, most off the time, if there are children under 18. They don't have the phone calls like it's your weekend, are you coming to such and such, what happened when they were with you, are you coming by to fix this-and-that, ...etc.  Some couples who divorce actually spend more time talking/arguing with each other than they did when they were married.

And one of the biggest arguments can stem from $$  . Since Joe is legally broke, when they divorced, no need of calling him constantly about child and spousal support.  Child support might have been been ordered, but the effort in trying to collect when someone has been declared not a citizen and no longer here, can run up one's blood pressure, for sure. Tre is probably happy that he sends $$ when/if he can. No matter how rich/poor Tre is or will be, I am sure she will accept $$ from Joe - on behalf of the children.

I also look at it that Tre got what she wanted - 4 lovely children, a mega house and fame.  And now a new love interest. I kinda liked her lawyer , but I guess he was married..

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Marley said:

Margaret is so blah. Do not care about her book ugh. She needs to back off Jennifer like jeez.

Teresa needs to lay off the fillers.

I have been too! It was so much better then! And Teresa was a jeans and T-shirt kind of person—that’s crazy! But oh my goodness, I am noticing so much more this time how nuts Danielle really is. Not even as far as the “big” things (because, obviously), but in more subtle ways, particularly when she thought a woman at Posche was slighting her by finishing a phone call (and doing the “one second” finger) and in how she makes her kids—and her friend Danny—help her with so-called dramatic situations. Yikes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

The whole concept must be a little mind boggling to Mellissa's mom, who I am sure had the passing thought "if she could have just one more day with her husband"..

Didn't Melissa's father go out for milk or cigarettes one day, and never return?   I believe he left them for another woman/family.  

• Love 4
On 4/22/2021 at 6:53 PM, geauxaway said:

I agree she's a wonderful Mama, wife & daughter. But I don't think she's a good sister, sister-in-law, cousin, or friend...

On 4/23/2021 at 6:15 AM, mostlylurking said:

Onto Jennifer and her parents, I can see her daughter not realizing her grandparents had an arranged marriage.  She’s a teenager and probably just never actually gave it that much thought.  I feel for Jen’s mom but also didn’t she once chastise Jen for daring to complain that Bill worked too much and she was tired of being home alone with the kids?  Jen really isn’t much of a complainer when it comes to her marriage and seems to really appreciate her husband and her life. 

I recall the opposite! I thought it was Jen's mother complaining about how much Bill worked.

17 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

She ran into Yolanda who gave her 5 almonds to eat in the car...

Am I the only one who cannot stand cannolis? Ugh, that horrible shell & revolting white filling!!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I noticed this as well. If you rewatch the seasons, you have to really look for it, but this happens almost once an episode with Jackie. It's her go-to excuse, and the editors must be wise to it, because they never fail to include it. Also, I don't  care if I ate a 200-calorie protein bar in the damn car, if I go to someone's home and they offer me food, I'll take just a little so their efforts aren't in vain. 

I actually hate eating in a big group - I feel self-conscious, not even about portion size just about possibly spilling food or getting green veggie leaves stuck between my teeth. And I would never eat on camera if I could help it. But it doesn't sound like her co-stars are aware of any such surface insecurity - they keep trying to feed her. I also would never go on a reality show where 80% of filming happens over some sort of meal. It becomes really obvious there's a problem when you can't participate in the activity. 

Hopefully there is someone who can get through to Jackie about her eating disorder (food issues is too loose a term for what we are watching here). She has bullied and silenced everyone around from speaking about it in any way other than the past tense, when it is very much in the present.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I actually hate eating in a big group - I feel self-conscious, not even about portion size just about possibly spilling food or getting green veggie leaves stuck between my teeth. And I would never eat on camera if I could help it. But it doesn't sound like her co-stars are aware of any such surface insecurity - they keep trying to feed her. I also would never go on a reality show where 80% of filming happens over some sort of meal. It becomes really obvious there's a problem when you can't participate in the activity. 

Oh wow SupremeDiva, me too! When I was in first grade & super skinny, the school called my parents because I wouldn't eat in the cafeteria. I'm still like that today. Honestly, I just prefer to eat alone. Maybe because I talk so much?! I don't fully know why... 

• Love 2

I always figured she didn’t KNOW-know, but maybe wondered here and there and then dismissed it? And that, with 3-4 kids at the apex of the issues, and the show, maybe just figured “that’s his deal, not mine.” However, I also think that once shit began to hit the fan, she more purposefully dismissed it as his deal. I have no frame of reference, as I’ve never had such piles of dough to throw around, but I do think that if I had a husband who “allowed” (for lack of a better word) me to spend whatever I felt like, I may get used to it and just carry on as usual without doing any detective work.

• Love 1

No, Theresa does not get a pass for me because she did her time in prison. And, I prefer to call it what it is- prison, not camp- because she & Juicy got what they deserved.

She knew. She’s arguably of questionable intelligence but she’s also materialistic, competitive, and lacking in empathy for those outside of her immediate circle. Tre may not have known about everything her husband was doing but she knew enough. They bilked people out of money, plenty of people never got paid, and they put innocent people in danger because they were living in shit conditions- all because the Guidices did everything that they could to live their tacky, materialistic, meaningless lifestyle.

Why doesn’t Theresa get a pass from me, despite her 11.5 months in prison? Because even during the trial, when the judge could have slapped a lighter sentence on her, despite these very serious charges, this woman dared to LIE in court and attempted to hide assets. Because when she got out of prison, her “namastay” persona was shortlived and she continues to flaunt her materialism with her luxury cars (wasn’t it a brand new Lexus that she got once she left prison?) with her arm full of Cartier, glam, bags while NEVER taking any accountability for her actions. Everything is Joe’s fault. Joe is 100% guilty- but so is she. They blame him for putting nonna under stress and losing “11.5 months” with Theresa- but never pointing the finger back at herself. Excuse me?

I also question how great of a mother she is. She has consistently pimped out her girls and her family pain for over a decade- for $$$. The Gia “waking up in the morning” scene that’s gone viral these days? How cruel to have your small child & her pain spotlighted like that for the cameras.

The kids seem well adjusted, if not a bit bratty at times, but I believe that’s in spite of their asshole parents.

MMV

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
On 4/23/2021 at 5:26 PM, BrindaWalsh said:

I think there is a different reason they go after Jennifer.

Jackie, Marge and Melissa have all tried to go up against Teresa and have failed. They are all cowards.

Each of them wanted to be the new breakout star of the franchise and they've failed.

There is no way that any of them would go after Delores because Delores can stand up for herself and Teresa would go after them like a she wolf.

So that leaves Jennifer. They know Teresa is friends with Jennifer but they don't think she'd have her back the way she does with Delores. Jennifer is like Delores she can fight back on her own she doesn't even need a friend to hold her earrings. Jackie is passive aggressive in the way she writes articles about spoiled obese children and talks about house mortgages. Marge is going to keep talking about Jennifer being tone death on Instagram because she can no longer complain about Jennifer's physical appearance since she's had more procedures than anyone else on the show.

I also think the 3 nitwits resent each other. None of them went to bat for the other when they had issues with Teresa. First it was Marge - when it was revealed that Teresa egged Danielle to pull Margaret's hair - I don't remember Jackie or Melissa telling Teresa she was an absolute asshole for that. With the Evan B'day party rumor circulation - neither Margaret nor Melissa told Teresa she was being an asshole. Melissa is just an outright chicken. The only time any of them do so is in their chicken shit TH shots.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I noticed this as well. If you rewatch the seasons, you have to really look for it, but this happens almost once an episode with Jackie. It's her go-to excuse, and the editors must be wise to it, because they never fail to include it. Also, I don't  care if I ate a 200-calorie protein bar in the damn car, if I go to someone's home and they offer me food, I'll take just a little so their efforts aren't in vain. 

Hopefully there is someone who can get through to Jackie about her eating disorder (food issues is too loose a term for what we are watching here). She has bullied and silenced everyone around from speaking about it in any way other than the past tense, when it is very much in the present.

Exactly! At least put a tomato on your plate so that the hostess who is lugging that big bowl plus silverware into their seating area can then eat some food for herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Exactly! At least put a tomato on your plate so that the hostess who is lugging that big bowl plus silverware into their seating area can then eat some food for herself.

Was the get-together specifically to eat together? Did Melissa make salad because Jackie expressed a desire for salad beforehand? If not, who gives a shit? I am not going to eat if I don't want to eat (though, like I said earlier, that doesn't happen much to me, haha!). Didn't seem like Melissa cared one way or the other. Jackie's a grownup (more or less) and can decide whether she wants some salad or not. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

For any of the other HWs, that may work. But, this being Jackie and everything we know about her past and have seen on this show, it isn’t just an isolated incident of not wanting a salad. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

For any of the other HWs, that may work. But, this being Jackie and everything we know about her past and have seen on this show, it isn’t just an isolated incident of not wanting a salad. 

Still proves nothing other than a grown woman didn’t want to eat salad at that moment. And if she is attempting to hide an active disorder, I would assume that taking few bites of salad on camera would help to avoid speculations about it.

Look, man, I am not saying she doesn’t have a problem, only that previously having one and/or declining a salad aren’t evidence (and that if she does, her appearance doesn’t seem to reveal it).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Still proves nothing other than a grown woman didn’t want to eat salad at that moment. And if she is attempting to hide an active disorder, I would assume that taking few bites of salad on camera would help to avoid speculations about it.

Look, man, I am not saying she doesn’t have a problem, only that previously having one and/or declining a salad aren’t evidence (and that if she does, her appearance doesn’t seem to reveal it).

This is classic anorexic behavior, however. She is constantly making excuses, rejecting food, and/or pushing it around her plate. Anorexia is notoriously difficult to treat and personalities are so rigid. When it comes to Jackie and her history, these are all red flags

(Disclaimer: I’m an ED specialist)

• Useful 12
  • Love 8

Points taken. I’m just skeptical of flat-out applying any sweeping notion onto people whose lives we see a tiny fraction of; I feel like assuming, based on these fleeting moments alone, that someone has a “real” issue is different than, say, positing that she’s being a big stupid asshole (because, haha—I do think Jackie seems like a big stupid asshole most of the time!). 

• Love 2

I’m sure Teresa knew Joe was doing something wrong but she is kind of an idiot so she didn’t know exactly what he was doing. I’m sure she knew it was illegal. She wanted to keep the money flowing tho so prob also didn’t care.

All of these ppl are kind of scammy tho. I think the Gorgas were maybe a bit less and maybe stopped afterTeresa end Joe got caught. They sold their mansion tho and are renting pretending they are wanting to downsize which I doubt ..more like they don’t have the money. Gross Rich Wakile got sued.

Jennifer should stop blaming her mom so much.