Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Cake Shock

• Start Topic

What I didn’t like about that dessert was the guests were ready to leave, their toothbrushes were packed and about to be carried off the boat. I love an after dinner dessert (with a cappuccino please) but not in the middle of the day and definitely not without a chance to brush my teeth afterwards.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

but definitely they ate it off the mat with spoons.

I'm pretty sure they scooped it off the mat into bowls and then ate it. I have no clue what the "interactivity" added to the experience, other than being "novel."

• Love 2
On 4/19/2021 at 10:34 PM, spunky said:

I get why Natasha destroyed the cake. In our culture it's down right disrespectful to just leave the dinner table for an extended period of time ,without regard for anyone else. I'm guessing it's the same in the Brazilian culture, since Dani was also angry. She should have done what our parents or friends would do, only cut for the people at the table and send the rest back. Obviously you're not hungry.

I think the long smoke breaks during dinner were very rude. Not only to the rest of the crew, but to the restaurant that was clearly trying to create a memorable meal for their guests. I know Natasha destroying the cake was intended to punish the smokers, but I feel bad for the chef who made the cake. He/She must have spent hours baking, assembling and decorating it. Of course it's supposed to be eaten, but it didn't have to be mutilated. The crew always complains about the guests' behavior on charter. I think this crew would be some of the worst charter guests we've seen! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Jsage said:

I think the long smoke breaks during dinner were very rude. Not only to the rest of the crew, but to the restaurant that was clearly trying to create a memorable meal for their guests. I know Natasha destroying the cake was intended to punish the smokers, but I feel bad for the chef who made the cake. He/She must have spent hours baking, assembling and decorating it. Of course it's supposed to be eaten, but it didn't have to be mutilated. The crew always complains about the guests' behavior on charter. I think this crew would be some of the worst charter guests we've seen! 

I think alcohol had a lot to do with Natasha's behavior .  Some people can't handle alcohol very well. 

Edited by spunky
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/20/2021 at 8:20 AM, psychoticstate said:

Sydney, the naked boat baby, is not only a stalker but completely delusional.  The better catch?  Better looking?  Gorgeous?   Um.  Okay.  Exactly how is Gary such a catch?  Frankly, I think Gary and Alli deserve each other.  They're both assholes.  Even if Daisy is correct in that Alli has no real feelings for Gary and is just flirting and having fun, Alli knows that Sydney does have some very stalkerish, unhealthy feelings for Gary so Alli should back off.  Bad enough that Sydney is your coworker but they share a cabin too, so come on, Alli.  

When she described herself as "fit," I had a flashback to James on BD!

On 4/20/2021 at 8:53 AM, Lassus said:

I mean, there's a subjectivity scale, but even if Dani is a far far far better personality, I personally would say Sydney is the most attractive female on the boat currently.  YMMV, etc.  To be clear, it's not an excuse for her fascination with GARY, for god's sake.  Yikes. That dude is short and greasy and annoying, empirically.

Sydney is fit, and she looked pretty at the dinner, but she is not the prettiest.  True this is all subjective, but I wouldn't call her attractive.  She does look to be the fittest so I will give her that.

22 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

I used to smoke (3 years and counting smoke-free but I LOVED it) and I always smoked between the main course and dessert at restaurants. 5 minutes tops. And no one ever waited for me-and I would never have expected them to.

I am also a former smoker (from 13-33) and I miss it a lot!  I loved that cigarette after ordering, but I remember the days of doing it at the table.

I remember when the government (?) cracked down on tv and movies showing people smoking because they claimed that it glamourized it and made people want to smoke.  I thought it was crazy!  But after watching the group smoke on this show, I wanted a smoke so bad!  

15 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

If the smokers can’t make it through the meal, what did they do when smoking was allowed? I picture them with a cigarette in one hand and a fork in the other. Take a bite, take a drag off your cigarette... fucking gross!

Not between bites of food, but going out to dinner or lunch, we would all light up after sitting down, then after ordering... then after we ate the dinner, then after dessert.  It was not weird to be sitting in a cloud of smoke.  I miss it.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Ohhh...Daisy, honey, it's not "the irony is palpitating"- I think you meant that the irony is PALPABLE.

I missed that bit of brilliance. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

I enjoy all the Below Deck iterations and one thing I've learned is that these crew work HARD! They work long hours and the work is often physically demanding, and if not physically demanding then boring as hell (all day and all night laundry anyone?). Add in they can't play music due to licensing concerns and I think you've got a challenging workplace. 

Can they listen to music with ear phones?

3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

She does look to be the fittest so I will give her that.

It would be creepy and lame to get into any kind of extended hot-or-not thing about the crew; but I will cop to the accuracy of this being a notable factor of my original post.  (Although I also think she's cute, too, so.)

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 1

I thought y'all were nuts saying Sydney was the prettiest, because "working" she seems very ordinary. But with the make-up on at dinner she looked very glamourous. Of course I'm a lady who never wears makeup so I'm being very hypocritical!

• LOL 2
On 4/20/2021 at 3:46 PM, Baltimore Betty said:
On 4/20/2021 at 12:48 PM, nokat said:

The warm heel of freshly made bread with Irish butter will have me elbowing you out of the way.

On 4/20/2021 at 12:48 PM, Lassus said:

Warm bread is the best, really.  A good fresh roll is better than dessert for me.

Fresh bread and butter won The Snacket this year.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I rewatched a little & did see the guests scoop off the tablecloth and into a bowl. So no evidence of double dipping. But still. LoL I didn't care for the whole presentation.  

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

I rewatched a little & did see the guests scoop off the tablecloth and into a bowl. So no evidence of double dipping. But still. LoL I didn't care for the whole presentation.  

I wouldn't want to have to work that hard for dessert. Maybe if there was a buoy I had to swim to and back to burn some calories, but I still wouldn't want to have to lick a table.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

Fresh bread and butter won The Snacket this year.

I'm reading twitter about The Snacket, and I can't argue with bread and butter winning over brownies and ice cream. I mean ice cream is good, but fresh bread is goooooood. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Lassus said:

It would be creepy and lame to get into any kind of extended hot-or-not thing about the crew; but I will cop to the accuracy of this being a notable factor of my original post.  (Although I also think she's cute, too, so.)

I'd usually be talking about the hottest guy. JL is a tall drink of water but dumb and lazy. Gary and that hair. He does seem fun and he was up front about the one night hook-up. Colin is cute but taken and a shit-stirrer, and a smoker. So I'll talk about the women.

• Love 3
On 4/20/2021 at 12:02 PM, jmcd44 said:

Re: Dani and JL:

Hide contents

This is very very much an unsourced rumor on the internet, but there is a picture going around of Dani, possibly pregnant, at the medspa she works at. And the rumor is JL is the dad and he wants nothing to do with the baby. But again-rampant gossip.

Ah yes, head over to Dani’s Instagram.

iamdanisoares

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

Yikes, just saw it. So it really is Jean Luc’s baby?! That’s nuts. 

Who knows for sure but I hope we find out at some point.  She does make that comment about just the two of them so?!

• Useful 3

Who the f are these charter guests?? The primary is engaged to his daughter's ex boyfriend? Who is the daughter's other parent? Is the young boy a son of the primary? Or is he an ex-boyfriend? 

I get a migraine trying to follow the paths of these twisted fame whores. MOO

• Love 1

Does Syndey really think she is prettier?   She's the least attractive on the boat.  She looks haggard and trashed.  What a comment only something someone who has a butter face would say.  

I like Daisy the best out of any stew so far.   Kate and Hannah were so self serving and complete bitches although Kate was very funny and quick witted.  Bugsy is nice but doesn't have the take charge attitude Daisy has.  I think it's okay for Daisy to be directing people, even the deck crew.  She's actually doing her job and not fucking around with other things.

Jenna of course was the worst stew in the world.

• Love 4