Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kody's hair looks crappy, as usual.  Some things never change.

He's got it up in that stupid man-bun. He shaves the sides of his head so he looks especially stupid when he rocks the bun.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Is that Kody?  Maybe it's the other grandfather.

Speaking of, Maddie doesn't have any pictures on her instagram of Caleb's family, except some from their wedding. 

5 hours ago, momofsquid said:

Dang, Kody's looking old. 

Looks like the Pebbles Flintstone manbun is back.  

4 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

He's got it up in that stupid man-bun. He shaves the sides of his head so he looks especially stupid when he rocks the bun.

Great minds think alike.  I didn't see your post before I posted the same thought.  NOBODY looks good with a manbun.

I almost said he couldn't look worse if he tried, but I stopped myself.  Because yes, yes he could.

• Love 4

I know that I may be wildly speculating here...but...I just watched the first episode of the new season of "Escaping Polygamy" and it covered a man/two wives who wanted to "escape" from the clutches of the AUB sect.

First...the AUB is more of an unknown, with only some info here and there.  It's usually painted as the least violent/oppressive of all the known/named groups. (except for those pesky murders years ago)  However, Christine comes from the bloodlines that date back to the beginning and she is the one wife who grew up obviously in the "fear the outside world" beliefs. She oozes the indoctrination of the cult.  

Way back in the beginning of the show info filtered out that the church was against Kody a.) going on television and b.) marrying Robyn.  To this day I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think they have ever named their church on camera.  Only calling it "Our Church", but never AUB.  I'm sure that was an agreement they had with their church leaders.  And we all know that Kody married Robyn regardless.  The rumor was that he wasn't deemed financially capable of having 4 wives (never looked like he was financially able to keep on the original 3...) and that when he signed with the show he was suddenly financially stable and married her.  I can see that the show wanted the drama of adding a new wife for signing them on, because if not...they would have never lasted more than a mini-series or a season.  Ho-hum...

In the beginning season it also showed the kids switching from their church school (just a in church home school co-operative) to public schools.  So not only was Kody going against the church for taking the show, marrying Robyn (he was already at the required 3 wives for God-hood), and then all the kids start public school. They never really stated a reason for the kids switching that I recall.

And then not long after the BS storyline of them fleeing for their safety...blah...blah etc.

So...we also know that Kody was gung ho for following the Principle as a young man and a new convert (and most likely trying to make his newly converted Daddy happy too...) and that he enjoyed talking philosophy with Meri's Father, only gaining favor to marry her when promising to follow their religion fully.

So...Kody has never hid the fact that he is a gun owner, the wives bought him one for his birthday/Christmas or so, and he gets together on camera to go to a shooting range.  He has been seen as a "celebrity" at gun shows through twitter.   If I remember all the info that was dug up long ago about their bankruptcies as well, he had a gun dealership business back then too.

This is speculation, but a thought popped into my head watching the Escaping show.  The young man stated that he had been part of the AUB's private trained militia.  It's pretty public knowledge that these groups have their own armed security forces and one way they control is from having church members in the police as well as government seats.  I can't think that the AUB (which seems really big and to stretch over several state lines) would be any different.  He also brought up church threats of blood atonement, which went more mainstream when the FLDS was in all the headlines. A husband, who loses their faith could qualify for this "punishment".  So it's pretty obvious that the AUB isn't any different than the rest of them, just better at keeping things under wraps.

We all know pretty well that the great Exodus of the Brown family was complete and utter bullshit.  However...what if there was that tiny touch of truth within the lie that they were fleeing their church rather than the "government".  Obviously for the cameras it was made so over the top and I have trouble watching the scenes with their kids being yanked from their world.  The absolute cruelty of it. But reading the underlying story past the manufactured drama for the camera it does make you wonder if since Kody and the wives were more progressive and did NOT push the "live the Principle or else" onto their children... If they began separating from their church due to faith differences, then maybe them leaving was MORE motivated by getting away from the churches clutches, especially if Kody (and his gun connections) was in any way connected at that level.

Lots of comments have been made over the years that they don't really act like they still follow their faith, especially at the devotion level that the polygamy cults demand. Kody just makes it up as he goes, and it's been that way for awhile.  The great church of Kody and whatever he decided to believe on that day.

Like I said...just thoughts that popped into my head, speculation mostly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

@Roslyn that doesn't sound crazy at all to me. Within these groups if you're seen to step out of line you will be punished or "gotten rid of" (one way or another). I could see Kody knowing something (or someone) and his tv show etc being bad news for the higher-ups. Of course we cannot prove it but I think it's possible. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 2

Kody is such a loose cannon and attention whore that I can see the AUB wanting to distance themselves from his antics. Kody and the Kodettes also don't practice what the church preaches on-camera (have no idea what goes on off-camera, nor do I want to know), so they didn't want their sect mentioned on air. Once they were D-celebrities, and Robyn and Meri were bringing the full-on drama, I think the AUB decided to pull the plug. Kody may still conduct some home services, but I highly doubt it.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And poor Mariah . . . having to wear those jeans that must have come from Goodwill.

(I know, I know.  They're "in" and expensive.  But they still look like they came from Goodwill.)

Those jeans look so uncomfortable to wear.  Who would want all that stringy stuff across their legs?

• Love 6
On 16/09/2017 at 2:02 AM, GleamingMist said:

Found this gem on Mariah's instagram.

20170915_095614 (2).png

Has he not looked in a mirror? 

At first I thought he was wearing one of those fake bald wig thingys.

For someone so in love with how he looks, I don't know what he was thinking

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TVwithTea said:

Showing my age but I thought of Bozo and wondered if a) no one told him his "hairstyle" looked bad, 2) no one thought it did, or 3) no one cared.

The point is that HE didn't care.  He still thinks he is Sir Studly.

37 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I wouldn't survive.

Once seen, you cannot un-see it.  It's burned into your retinas.  Makes sleeping very difficult.  The nausea just won't go away.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Perfect!  Kody gets more disgusting all the time.

Maybe she loaned him the headband and he put it on not knowing how it made him look and that's why she's laughing.

I know guys who rock the Ben Franklin.  Kody isn't one of them.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, rainbowrockgal said:

If it gets him another season, yeah that will be the plan. That is probably the only thing that will any interest. Would love to see Sobbin's response!

If it pays him enough, he will take another mistress.  I have a hard time calling them "wives".  Only one wife at a time unless the law changes.

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 4
On 9/15/2017 at 9:02 AM, GleamingMist said:

Found this gem on Mariah's instagram.

20170915_095614 (2).png

Just NO!  He moved from a 4 head to a 5 head to a 10 head.  SHAVE THAT SHIT OFF!  Mariah looks like she has slimmed down some.  Good for her.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Just NO!  He moved from a 4 head to a 5 head to a 10 head.  SHAVE THAT SHIT OFF!  Mariah looks like she has slimmed down some.  Good for her.

Mariah looks great! And yeah Kody looks like a clown. I concur, the best decision he could make is to shave his head. might look good even. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autocorrect hates me
19 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Right? But it's gotten so bad maybe the harem doesn't want him to change it so he DOESNT attract another addition. 

I know a couple of the wives - Janelle and Robyn, maybe? - once professed a love of the long hair on Kody.  Wonder if they still feel that way, now that it's morphed into a stringy mop of limp straw held together by a ton of product and an oddly-placed headband.

31 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I know a couple of the wives - Janelle and Robyn, maybe? - once professed a love of the long hair on Kody.  Wonder if they still feel that way, now that it's morphed into a stringy mop of limp straw held together by a ton of product and an oddly-placed headband.

Having sex with Kody would be like having sex with IT.  The clown.  IT.

• Love 7

Posted Friday on Janelle and Robyn's Twitters.  I'm assuming Kody has his hair back and what a difference.  I feel like I say this constantly but Christine looks so good!  Logan's fiancee is beautiful and Logan is not hard to look at either. Kody cant even be bothered to put his arm around Robyn?  She and Meri look so out of place in this pic while everyone else looks genuinely happy.

Didn't know where to post this but since Kody is the "general and leader" I thought I would put it in his.

Untitled.jpg

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, GleamingMist said:

Posted Friday on Janelle and Robyn's Twitters.  I'm assuming Kody has his hair back and what a difference.  I feel like I say this constantly but Christine looks so good!  Logan's fiancee is beautiful and Logan is not hard to look at either. Kody cant even be bothered to put his arm around Robyn?  She and Meri look so out of place in this pic while everyone else looks genuinely happy.

Didn't know where to post this but since Kody is the "general and leader" I thought I would put it in his.

Untitled.jpg

I actually think Janelle looks great in the picture and so does Christine.  Logan looks like Christine more than Janelle, but it could be just the angle. 

• Love 1

Jenelle looks amazing, IMO! So fresh faced and full of life. Christine too. It's funny because Robyn thought she was the "hot one" when she joined the family, but I think she's just gotten worse and worse over the years. She doesn't have her young, thin body going for her anymore. I think she looks wretched. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Jenelle looks amazing, IMO! So fresh faced and full of life. Christine too. It's funny because Robyn thought she was the "hot one" when she joined the family, but I think she's just gotten worse and worse over the years. She doesn't have her young, thin body going for her anymore. I think she looks wretched. 

Robyn is not aging well.  I always thought Janelle and Christine were far better looking than Robyn & Meri.  Robyn was a skinny young thang when she married Doofus, but no longer.  Her face has never been pretty with that nose & chin trying to meet each other.  

Doofus must be wearing a Kodytail.  I hate every which way he wears that greasy mop.  

• Love 3
23 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Robyn is not aging well.  I always thought Janelle and Christine were far better looking than Robyn & Meri.  Robyn was a skinny young thang when she married Doofus, but no longer.  Her face has never been pretty with that nose & chin trying to meet each other.  

Doofus must be wearing a Kodytail.  I hate every which way he wears that greasy mop.  

Bless her heart.  I don't really like to snark on nature made faces but Robyn was kidding herself if she ever thought she was the hot one.  Your description of nose meeting chin are on the dot correct.  You can look at her and know exactly what she will look like when she is old.  I am not sure what is wrong with Kody but Christine was always the cutest in my personal opinion.  Curvy but the cutest face.

• Love 2