Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

Our household is in the process of integrating a fourth cat (because my husband can't get his own posthumous planet otherwise). I just realized I feel a bit like Kody because I have set up the new kitty in her own room while assuring the existing cats I still love them. I want everyone to be happy. I am probably putting more thought into this than he did when acquiring Robyn.

Now when the first three are eating dry Dollar Store food while New Cat is dining from a crystal goblet of Fancy Feast, we'll know you've learned NOTHING from Sister Wives LOL.

Sort of surprised Kody wants to be compared to Santa - I'd think he'd see himself as Superman or Thor or something really manly and strong. Also, it's interesting that they do Santa. The few Very Big families Who are Also ODD (i'm talking 8+ kids, which is rare these days, and some sort of odd hipppie/religious/homesteader, etc. lifestyle) all tend to scoff at Santa or be quick to say they don't do Santa - they'll either say it's superficial and commercial, lying to your children, taking the meaning of Christ's birth out of Christmas, etc., but it usually boils down to them not being able to afford gifts, or coordinate a holiday with that many people. 

• Love 3

I have been thinking and I can see a 5th wife as a possibility. Imagine all the attention Maddie's wedding will get that won't go to Kody. He will have to one up his own kid in order to still be the center of attention.

This is a wedding of one of Janelle's kids and they don't count.  It will be interesting to see what happens with all of this.  Maddie has open contempt for Kody.  The TLC/famewhore armtwisting may not work with her.  But it will probably be a free wedding so who knows. I hope the Famewhore Force is not strong with her.  Because we all know the  Famewhore Force is really strong with Kody.  

Because it cannot be said enough-Asshat

Kody's been Twitter silent. I'm surprised he isn't commenting on the BLM/protestors/rancher situation. It's very close to home for his extended family.

And, of course, he's so politically savvy AND the poster child for persecution.

I've known many guys who got a regrettable haircut at some point in their lives. They usually just wore a ball cap for a few weeks until their hair grew back a little.  They just ... you know, dealt with it. 

Extensions.  Wow.  What a special princess Kody is. 

• Love 14
20 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Breaking news: The Kodouche wore extensions when he got a crappy hair cut during the Great Flee from Persecution. He considers it a low point and really bad hair. Problem is, I can't tell the difference between his "good" hair and his "bad" hair.

http://www.fishwrapper.com/2016/06/11/sister-wives-preview-clip-kody-brown-hair-secret-confession-video-polygamist-reality-tv/

I don't understand. Seriously. You can't tell which is his natural caveman hair, and which are extensions.

The revealing part to me is that ROBYN is the one who brought it up and insists on telling the biggest family secret. She's no longer in Stealth Bitch Mode, she's just in Bitch Mode. Makes me wonder what sort of dirt she has on Kody that she is no longer giving a rat's ass as to keeping sweet or not purposefully embarassing his ego. If she doesn't have any dirt - girl better watch out. Not that i'd mind her fall from grace, or that he isn't a total asshat, but if he'll dethrone one legal wife, he'll do it again.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/12/2016 at 1:48 PM, Galloway Cave said:

The funniest part was Kody saying he didn't have "serious hair" for the most serious time of his life. He was channeling Tess from Working Girl. And if he wants serious hair, he needs to shave the whole shitteree off.

So while we were watching Kody tell his kids that they had three days to say good-bye to their friends...watched them cry...saw them shove everything they owned into trucks under the "threat' of the police swooping in to break up the family (complete with sirens in the background and panicked looks on the faces of the adults)...what Kody was saying is that he was actually worried about his HAIR EXTENSIONS LOOKING BAD.

I mean...I can't even.  The word "asshat" is WAY too good for him.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9

They forget to show the pebbles Flintstone hair in the clips.  I was relieved that I didn't have to see that again.  There isn't enough eye bleach in the world to undo the damage.  I still haven't recovered from my first experience.

• Love 1
On 6/11/2016 at 4:10 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I've known many guys who got a regrettable haircut at some point in their lives. They usually just wore a ball cap for a few weeks until their hair grew back a little.  They just ... you know, dealt with it. 

Extensions.  Wow.  What a special princess Kody is. 

I dunno, women wear them. No biggie to me. 

• Love 1

Women invest in extensions that lengthen their hair by several inches - sometimes as many as 15 or 20 - usually so that they can have an entirely different look which they could never accomplish with their real hair. They baby them and pamper them and try to make them last as long as possible.

Princess Kody, on the other hand, was the victim of a cruel barber who took off an inch more on the sides than Kody wanted, causing him to fly into a panic.  He couldn't face a world without his luscious mane of hair blowing in the wind as he dashed from house to house.  So he spent all that money on extensions fixing something that would have fixed itself in two weeks if only his ego could have been staved off. Then into the garbage can they went, where they landed beside the overdue bill notices and the letters from collection agencies that were deemed less important than Kody's vanity.

I think he's an idiot. YMMV.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Women invest in extensions that lengthen their hair by several inches - sometimes as many as 15 or 20 - usually so that they can have an entirely different look which they could never accomplish with their real hair. They baby them and pamper them and try to make them last as long as possible.

Princess Kody, on the other hand, was the victim of a cruel barber who took off an inch more on the sides than Kody wanted, causing him to fly into a panic.  He couldn't face a world without his luscious mane of hair blowing in the wind as he dashed from house to house.  So he spent all that money on extensions fixing something that would have fixed itself in two weeks if only his ego could have been staved off. Then into the garbage can they went, where they landed beside the overdue bill notices and the letters from collection agencies that were deemed less important than Kody's vanity.

Into the garbage can --- and then they don't even pay the trash company!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I have extensions myself and have been using them for years, so I get that part. They're so common these days it's like everyone has them. 

If Kody was smart, he kept them for the next bad haircut........

• Love 1
11 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

I found Kodys BFF....interesting looking.

Who is the bald gramma? Is that Kodys mom?

I didn't watch the episode, but Kody's mom has nice hair. Last time I saw Robyn's mom, though, she had that bald grandma situation going on. 

• Love 1

Kody really is such a douche.

Sounds like he doesn't believe Mariah is a Lesbian.  Are you sure?  We want to check it.  After checking to see if she was sure...

Yeah, because so many people spends years struggling to share this with their families for shits and giggles and don't really mean it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Sounds like he doesn't believe Mariah is a Lesbian.  Are you sure?  We want to check it.  After checking to see if she was sure...

"We want to check it" - what, is there some sort of written test or something?

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Like they do with prospective Dali Lamas, they will place several objects in front of Mariah.  If she picks the Indigo Girls concert tickets, she's a Lesbian.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, CofCinci said:

Like they do with prospective Dali Lamas, they will place several objects in front of Mariah.  If she picks the Indigo Girls concert tickets, she's a Lesbian.

This made me laugh.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

By this statement, he also needs to check it with his straight kids too, right?  Or would that require way too much work on Kody's part?  Might cut into his couch naps and hair-gel time.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, CofCinci said:

This made me chuckle. But I'm not as offended by Kody's tweets as others. True, you should not question someone else's professed sexuality. But I'm sure there have been people who have been confused or made statements for disingenuous reasons. I went to a performing arts school for HS, and it was really trendy to "come out" as gay. A lot of people did it because other people did it for for attention. I don't know. I don't think he was coming from a bad place and I can understand how a parent might want to hear more about the thought process that led to this conclusion. I don't think it's totally appalling to ask a child who comes home with big news, "are you sure?" They kind of did that with Mykelti and Tony as well. Again, not saying it's the appropriate response, but I don't think it's the worst response either. Overall, he seemed to want to make her feel loved and welcomed, no matter what. 

• Love 5

Yeah, whatever, Kosher Kody.  THAT was the most interesting trip you could think of to take your under-appreciated spiritual wife Christine?

No offense to anyone who lives there, but I HOPE no one thinks he's an authority on water safety.  He's at best a D List celebrity that thinks WAY too highly of himself.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

He is so incredibly dumb

I'm not sure if anyone has ever put the Maya Angelou quote to Kody before...but it pops into my head often connected with him.

"When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time."

He proves over and over what an ass he really is.

I mean...I purposefully keep myself in a tightly controlled media bubble for the sake of my mental health.  I usually only read headlines and have to make a decision to go further or not.  I gave up satellite television in 2010.  I'm still up on the news of the day, not always on the actual day it happens, but I stay aware of what is going on.  That tweet post really makes me think that he is clueless about what is going on out there in the outside world, clueless and stupid, ignorant... I could go on...

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I'm not sure if anyone has ever put the Maya Angelou quote to Kody before...but it pops into my head often connected with him.

"When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time."

He proves over and over what an ass he really is.

I mean...I purposefully keep myself in a tightly controlled media bubble for the sake of my mental health.  I usually only read headlines and have to make a decision to go further or not.  I gave up satellite television in 2010.  I'm still up on the news of the day, not always on the actual day it happens, but I stay aware of what is going on.  That tweet post really makes me think that he is clueless about what is going on out there in the outside world, clueless and stupid, ignorant... I could go on...

I don't want to generalize but this is what its like with my Mormon family in Utah.  This was a long time ago but I remember when the Jon Benet Ramsey thing was all over the news and had been for weeks.  My family had not heard a thing about it.  I understand not being able to recite the case details but to not have heard of her?  Oy!

Kody taking a drink of that water saying its fine was stupid.  I am sure they all thought it was fine before it was tested.  

• Love 7

@Roslyn @Natalie68 The sad fact is that he clearly knows what's been going on in Flint and his second tweet on the subject is just his attempt to cover his ass and quell the backlash. His first tweet makes clear that he knows what's been going on with his hashtag selection and starting it with "In solidarity with Flint". Up until now, I mostly regarded him as a goofy loser with bad hair and a dead animal on his chin. Now I realize he's a spiteful asshole with a terrible sense of humor, bad hair, and a dead animal on his chin.

• Love 17
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:36 PM, Natalie68 said:

I don't want to generalize but this is what its like with my Mormon family in Utah.  This was a long time ago but I remember when the Jon Benet Ramsey thing was all over the news and had been for weeks.  My family had not heard a thing about it.  I understand not being able to recite the case details but to not have heard of her?  Oy!

Trying hard not to generalize as well, but it's not easy. Having lived in Utah since '88, I continue to be amazed by the lack of intellectual curiosity. It's nearly impossible to engage in informed conversation about politics and current affairs. The basic tenet is "Utah good - anywhere else bad." Have they lived in or traveled to "anywhere else?" Very rarely, except for the missionaries. Utahns just "know" that life elsewhere is less worthwhile. There is half a chance that men are capable of holding their own in discussions and nearly zero chance that women can (or are willing to) engage. I long ago lost count of the blank looks I receive and I have given up on trying to elicit opinions and the reasoning behind them. I would guess that the Utahns we've recently seen at town hall meetings and such are about 5% of the population. So, all in all, not a bad way to run a cult.

• Love 2