Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father, Full-Time Asshat

• Start Topic

This topic is well named. You choose plyg marriage.  Just shut up about your wonderfulness and how much better you are than everyone else.  No one is going to put up a statue to your awesomeness.  Full time ahat indeed.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 2

Did you see this gem? "If I was to "go quietly into the night", then you would have gone to bed w/o watching. So we "air" our stuff. ENTERTAINED? :-\ " That is what makes me think this is a plot line for the season, including bringing in the ex-plyg/anti-plyg MIL to stir things up too.

• Love 1

OK, I am reversing my previous decision about this topic [the divorce of #1 to marry #4]  having its own thread.  Clearly there is enough talk about this for it to warrant one.  So I'm starting one now and will move all the related posts to that thread.  Please take the rest of this discussion there: http://forums.previously.tv/topic/21738-the-great-wife-swap-of-2014-the-dark-wife-rises/page-7#entry796915

I wonder which wife will leave Kody first.

Meri did sort-of in the fall of 2015. SIgned divorce papers but remained in the same home. She doesn't work so doesn't contribute to the upkeep, unlike Janelle whom I read cashed out her retirement money for the Vegas homes. I don't know why she's not " persuaded " to leave, unless she's listed as owner.

I found this interesting; it's a slightly older article, but it was endorsed by Kristyn Decker (Christine's aunt) on one of her Facebook pages:

Kody

Who else is repulsed by this? Kody married Christine although he was disgusted by her appearance and eating habits and isn't afraid to tell her. In what world is this ok? And then to tell national tv. I hope she leaves. How can she feel good about their relationship after hearing that?

• Love 2

Who else is repulsed by this? Kody married Christine although he was disgusted by her appearance and eating habits and isn't afraid to tell her. In what world is this ok? And then to tell national tv. I hope she leaves. How can she feel good about their relationship after hearing that?

Good point, but this also tells something about her, as well. I'd call Christine out on her self-esteem & co-dependent issues. For all we know, she may have watched  her rmom treated that way. Perhaps her mom treated her that way, too. So much depends upon being psychic with a time machine with these people, lol.

Edited by youcantbeserious

Hello all, I am new here my name is Chezzie and I live in the Netherlands, I watch Sister Wives on TLC so don't know if we are on the same episodes.  Ever since I watched the show for the first time, in disbelief, I have wondered how Kody would feel if the boot was on the other foot and his wives all took a few husbands.  I am sure that in their heart of hearts they don't want to share him and as far as he is concerned he is onto a blooming good thing, they all earn their own money and he hops from bed to bed.

What do you think?

• Love 2

Hello all, I am new here my name is Chezzie and I live in the Netherlands, I watch Sister Wives on TLC so don't know if we are on the same episodes.  Ever since I watched the show for the first time, in disbelief, I have wondered how Kody would feel if the boot was on the other foot and his wives all took a few husbands.  I am sure that in their heart of hearts they don't want to share him and as far as he is concerned he is onto a blooming good thing, they all earn their own money and he hops from bed to bed.

What do you think?

There was an episode where Meri comments to Kody about the idea of a woman have multiple husbands and he was horrified. He said that was disgusting and should never happen. Unfortunately he didn't seem to get the hypocrisy of his viewpoint. 

• Love 1

The ponytail/manbun sealed it for me.  The wave of nausea that hit when I saw that commercial confirmed that I will not be watching.  Those brave enough to do so and post here will be my heroes and the source of all grifter info.

• Love 7

All of the crap they are showing on the promos happened almost a year ago.  I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw that the ponytail is back.  That Robin is stupid enough to marry him is just beyond words.

• Love 1
Wow Kody has put on weight!  I saw a pic of them at Hunter's school that was taken the end of August and his belly is bigger than Robyn's.

Well, pasta is cheap and since he probably pigs out at multiple houses a day....

• Love 1

Kody has been talking all tough about how he's "willing to go to war for these kids" (David Jessop's children), and I guess he thinks it makes him sound like a big, awesome, uber-Dad, but it really just reinforces that he's a blowhard who views kids as a baseball card collection he pulls out of the closet every now and then to count.

• Love 9

Does anybody remember the episode when Madison moved out and Kody was being super creepy and telling her if a guy ever made her do something she didn't want to to poke his eyes out or something... I really wish the next scene would have shown Kody with an eye patch on.

• Love 6

These poor women are so totally convinced that the only path to salvation is controlled by their husbands, who will call them by a secret name and pull them through the veil into the afterlife, that they will put up with ANY crap a man will dish out. Because if you don't have a husband, and you aren't nice and obedient, he'll just leave you in the grave. No afterlife for you!!!

So I imagine Kody got his divorce from Meri by threatening to leave her in the grave if she didn't go along with the divorce. It's just a piece of paper but she can't talk about it with crying.

There's a reason Jesus Christ declared there are no marriages in Heaven. He knew the Mormons were coming with their bullshit misogyny.

• Love 5

It's rare that I say something nice about Kody, but I appreciate that he defended Mykelti during the modesty segment.  He was like - yeah, big wow, a teenage girl wants to wear a tank top when it's 105 degrees outside.  It made me realize that it's the moms that stress modesty, not Kody.

• Love 2

I get seriously creeped out by some of Kody's talking heads. When he is busy mansplaining at the camera, his eyes will look black and beady and dead, and he will seem arrogant and impatient and almost ready to rage.

I cannot for the life of me see anything attractive about him. He looks gross and I wonder if he even showers between wife visits. Probably not an issue anymore since he seems to be only with Robyn now. He just keeps the satellite wives around to torture.

Kody's hair looked especially ragged this episode. He really needs to give up the surfer dude stuff and accept baldness.

I would pay cash money to see someone - maybe Robyn's ex - hold him down and shave his head.

• Love 6

I nominate Truely for that honor. I can picture her tip-toeing into the bedroom with her little rounded-tip scissors, and the whole thing being treated as the innocent mistake of a child.  

But Truely and her little airquote self would know better.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7

iGc48kH.jpg

Beady black eyes? Check

Gaggle of stupid women? Check

Weird beliefs? Check

Uncanny...hahaha

I swear to god I was going to invoke Manson in my previous post, but I lost my nerve! The eyes...the eyes. I didn't even think about the harem aspect!

Great minds...

(Geez, even their HAIR matches. Didn't think of that either! Just the Manson Lamps.)

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 2

It's my belief that even Kody can see the writing on the ratings wall and would rather end up with a life of leisure, Ratchet Jaw and all the TLC money than go back to scraping by with seventeen kids and four wives who hate each other.

All wives not named Robyn had better start looking out for their own interests instead of trying to suck up ever harder to gain favor for ten minutes. I don't doubt he will screw them over in a heartbeat.

• Love 8
I remember the first time I saw the surfer-dude face dissolve into his black-eyed fury. Scared me.

Answering in here instead of the episode thread in case its off topic. But when was the first time for you

that Kody dissolved into his fury or scared you or both? For me, the first time was the Mexico trip he

and Meri went on, Meri was trying to explain her feelings over him seeing Robyn, she brought up how

he'd feel if she was seeing another man. Instead of being understanding or any normal reaction. He

flipped out telling her how disgusting that was.

• Love 2

Answering in here instead of the episode thread in case its off topic. But when was the first time for you

that Kody dissolved into his fury or scared you or both? For me, the first time was the Mexico trip he

and Meri went on, Meri was trying to explain her feelings over him seeing Robyn, she brought up how

he'd feel if she was seeing another man. Instead of being understanding or any normal reaction. He

I hadn't thought back that far, but I believe you are right. That may've been the first time I noticed it. 

For me, it was telling everyone we're moving in three days. And tough shit if you don't like it. IIRC, he told Christine she could stay behind if she didn't want to move.

Nobody better get in the way of the TLC gravy train. True then, true now. Christine, you didn't know men could be such bastards? Have you met your baby daddy?

• Love 7

Retired teacher here.  No, Kody, the trip to Alaska was NOT the 'funnest' trip you've ever taken.  There is no such word as 'funnest'.  This trip was the most fun of all your vacations.  I cringe when I hear people say that such and such was 'so fun'.  I believe the words are 'so much fun'.  Petty, I know, but these things annoy me...along with most of the things these nut cases do.

• Love 5

But yet, courting and adding Robyn as #4 was alllll Meri's idea. As was the divorce. LOL! 

I wouldn't say that Kody scared me in that scene. It just stands out for me as to how self serving, misogynistic and narcissistic a man has to be in order to engage in polygamy - Way, way more so than your average bear. This is the point where I went from to each his own/who am I to tell anyone how to live their lives to thinking okay, wait a minute not so fast. It is at that time I started reading a bit about Mormonism, John Smith, the Golden Plates and the Book of Mormon. Mind blown! All religions have their bits of mysticism, their prophets that require blind faith but something about John Smith ... just nope. 

I don't think that Kody scares me per say but I will say that the thought of him being a church onto himself, making this stuff up as he goes along and holding 'church services' which the family is bound to attend is a little frightening.  At the end of the day, this is all about what tickles the fancy of 'lil Kody and his ego.  I become slightly less frightened by this when I look at his children who seem to be forging their own path and haven't fallen for the okey doke and to Kody's credit, which I begrudgingly give, he isn't forcing them to. They do express love for him and the way they were raised with several moms but it seems the vast majority will not be engaging in the polygamist lifestyle. Shows they have been paying attention. 

• Love 4

Our household is in the process of integrating a fourth cat (because my husband can't get his own posthumous planet otherwise). I just realized I feel a bit like Kody because I have set up the new kitty in her own room while assuring the existing cats I still love them. I want everyone to be happy. I am probably putting more thought into this than he did when acquiring Robyn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16