Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E10: Polygamy Hell

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, bobalina said:

I was 5 in 1st grade but I could already read and had been learning for 3 years. Sol has 2 parents and a bunch if older brothers and sisters. There is no excuse for his not being age proficient except parental laziness.

Well, it is possible he has a learning disability so I don't want to just to conclusions.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, OdinO. said:

Maybe he is dyslexic.

I am mildly. It's more a lack of parents interested in helping their kid. I'd bet the only real time Kody ever spent with his kids was on camera.

• Love 8
On 4/19/2021 at 12:24 PM, lamadeleine said:

When Meri took Christine aside, it seemed that someone with a camera was following them in order to capture that private conversation..am I crazy?

I'm guessing one of the teens or a 20 something was assigned the job of doing some filming while the parents held their pow wow.  As for zooming in on specific people during their talk - if S.W. films like other reality shows have during the pandemic, producers operate cameras remotely.  They could have the Browns set up the cameras in fixed positions and then from the producer's homes could be monitoring the scene and zoom in on someone specific or even move the view from person to person - as long as they had set up the cameras properly in the first place to allow these shots.  The reality show participants haven't become expert camera operators overnite; technology has just improved so much that basically, as long as they've properly prepped and set up the equipment in advance, humans aren't needed to be right there to film a vast majority of these shows anymore. 

I've wondered if any of the many reality show participants who have doubled as camera people or producers or assistants during Covid so that their shows could continue to go on have asked to be paid for doing those extra jobs.  And if they have, were any successful in collecting any extra pay?  If they haven't, they sure should have.

Edited by Raynedon
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

About Hunter, according to what I read he must accept a commission in the airfare and serve at least 5 years active duty. Has this been addressed either by Christine or Hunter. It seems like he graduated came home and is lounging around like any other kid who just graduated from college before getting a job. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

About Hunter, according to what I read he must accept a commission in the airfare and serve at least 5 years active duty. Has this been addressed either by Christine or Hunter. It seems like he graduated came home and is lounging around like any other kid who just graduated from college before getting a job. 

It was mentioned last year in the "Kids" thread

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/9304-the-kids-of-kody-brown-using-up-all-the-letter-ys-on-kodys-future-planet/?do=findComment&comment=6261915

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 4/18/2021 at 10:42 PM, Soaper410 said:

This episode the first 90 minutes a (not 100% accurate recap): 

Kody:  I hate that I can't just live with Robyn. 

Janelle:  Since the pandemic started, I've re-watched all the old episodes.  I have determined we suck at communication. 

Robyn: I am going to not so subtly suggest my sister wives may be at a higher risk for Covid because of their weight without saying it. 

Meri: Thank God that I'm not the reason nobody is happy. 

Christine:  Lets make the worst financial decision possible and move back to Utah. 

Kody:  This could get us another season....hmmm....I like this super stupid decision.  Yes!

Christine:  Ysabel needs surgery now. 

Kody:  HOW DARE MY DAUGHTER'S SURGERY NOT BE ABOUT ME. 

Christine: Screw you. 

Kody: Hey, Aspen no Truly no whoever you are, listen who gives an ish if you are in pain?  You are like 16 by now, probably.  Go across the country by yourself and have major surgery.  

Christine (on the phone):  Hey Meri, question can I have the number of the catfish lady so I can make Kody never come to my house again?

Ysabel:  I hate you. 

Janelle: Listen, I am headed to NC.  Peace out.  

Kody:  I can't leave and go to NC for my granddaughter's surgery because I am not seeing Christine or Meri either  

Janelle:  So...I miss our flow. 

Kody: We good girl.  You my 2nd favorite wife.  We gonna rekindle our romance when I get back

Janelle:  Oh?  You planning on cutting your hair?

Kody:  What?

Robyn:  Here is our dirt with the drainage hole.  This reminds me of our hopes and dreams.  

Kody:  Christine, do you think just because we have no power or water lines to this dirt trap in 2+ years that our houses won't happen?

Christine:  Well, no one on line thinks we are ever going to build?

Kody:  Well we also don't have any plans for houses. 

Janelle:  I ain't saying Christine is lying but she ain't telling the truth about her kids being bullied. 

Robyn: Nope, not moving.  

Janelle:  Your kids live in Utah, that's why you want to go there, but I barely know their names. 

Kody: Me either.  

Meri: Utah doesn't deserve me.  I am a successful boss babe now.  

Kody:  I am 100% against this even though I didn't say that one on one.  Its because I'm the victim in all of this.

Janelle:  We ain't doing it Christine but I want to pretend like we care by saying "I honor you."   This sucks for you. 

Robyn:  Utah is like the viewers of this show, not friendly to me. 

Kody: That was a terrible pitch.  Christine should have asked Meri for tips on how to sell things better. 

Meri:  You can't quit this relationship first when I have planned that for the last season.   Look at the mountain.

Christine *closes her eyes* you can't make me look. 

Robyn *glares at the non-friendly COVID hug*

Too funny! Let this post be inscribed on gold in the Primetimer Hall of Fame! (quoting it bc it can't be read enough)

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
On 4/18/2021 at 9:23 PM, goofygirl said:

So, Ysabel had spine surgery all by herself???  That was completely hideous.  Poor girl.

That thing growing in Sobbyn's neck just keeps getting bigger and bigger, doesn't it??

I STILL think the best idea for the other 3 basement "wives" would be for them to just move along and let Kodouche and Sobbyn figure out what to do in Flagstaff with Prairie Dog Pass.  Just slide on down the road.....

What the hell is wrong with Robyn's neck?  Even my husband remarked on it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lamadeleine said:

I don't think that Kody knows, understands, or cares about where his kids are in their educational development at any given time..just my opinion.

See also: Kody's conversation with Gabe, who had to explain to his father that he was spending the summer before moving to Flagstaff cramming in as many high school classes as he could in order to graduate early while Kody sat there like a dumbass deer in the headlights and tried to remember what grade Gabe was in...or who he was.

1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

Even tho he was the President of the Las Vegas cul de sac HOA, realistically, he could never run for politics, not that this would stop him. 

I was once on a neighborhood board, which was led by a guy who never shut up - he had to pontificate about every single item on every agenda, whether it was his committee or not.  I lasted six months.  I'd imagine this would also be Kody's M.O.  I'll bet that cul-de-sac and the surrounding homes threw a massive block-party kegger when the Browns moved out.

And I think this has been asked and answered but I can't find it - Christine's house is owned solely by her, correct?  Kody took his name off the title?  So Christine can sell if she wants to with no one in the family legally keeping her from doing so?  Just curious - why would Kody go for that?  Did he not think that without his name on the title, Christine could eventually sell and leave?  I mean I know we're talking about a man with the IQ of a piece of prairie dog poop, but still......

• Love 17
52 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Or, maybe he reads Shakespeare but Kody is clueless about his kid. 

I feel like unless it’s Aurora having a panic attack or someone daring to defy His Majesty, King of the Personal Goals, Kody wouldn’t notice if one of his kids was bleeding out in front of him, shooting up heroin, writing a Pulitzer Prize winning novel or finding a cure for cancer. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I doubt she has much equity in the house. She just moved there, what? Two years ago? I can't imagine she put a lot down and the first years you aren't really paying toward principal.

I don't think so. It was posted on another thread that the house was bought outright - no mortgage. She may have borrowed against the house at some point, but I can't imagine she has wasted all of her equity.

Christine likes to appear confused and helpless for the show, so people will feel sorry for her and buy her MLM crap. The truth is she has more assets than the people she grifts, and a TLC gig to boot.

Not to mention, a normal person would have a huge amount of money saved up and invested after 10 years on the TLC gravy train. The Browns haven't, of course, but that's what happens when you blow all your money and never think about the future.

So yeah....I left my sympathy in my other pants. 😉

• Useful 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And I think this has been asked and answered but I can't find it - Christine's house is owned solely by her, correct?  Kody took his name off the title?  So Christine can sell if she wants to with no one in the family legally keeping her from doing so?  Just curious - why would Kody go for that?  Did he not think that without his name on the title, Christine could eventually sell and leave?  I mean I know we're talking about a man with the IQ of a piece of prairie dog poop, but still......

I'm not sure about the time frames, but I can think of a couple of reasons for him removing himself from the title.

- If Christine was financing part of Ysabel's surgery through a payment plan to the hospital, she may have needed to show as much collateral as possible.  Showing only her name on the title would indicate that she would be the sole recipient of any equity accrued in the house should the need arise to sell to satisfy the debt.  We can be sure that if a loan was needed from the hospital, Kody would not have co-signed, risking his equity in Robyn's nest.

- Another possibility is that around the same time, Kody and Robyn refinanced the home that Robyn was "forced" to buy.  The lender in that case may have said that he was spread too thin what with the existing mortgage on Robyn's house, Christine's house, plus on Prairie Dog Flats he appears on most, if not all of the titles.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

I couldn't believe that Kody could clearly give no fucks about his daughter in pain a d grand daughter and it was all about him and Robin. He has only been around her, so what would it hurt for him to go with Christine and Ysabel for her surgery and come back and stay somewhere for the 2 weeks after. And he could go with Jenelle to support Maddie. Oh but no, Robin's family clearly need him 24/7 and he can't be away from them because of whatever reason he comes up with. 

Jenelle needs to quit being passive and lay into his ass and Christine just needs to leave. He doesn't like that she's questioning his decisions and making her own and not doing as he says and is looking out for her daughter and not him.

• Love 14

The one glaringly obvious fact as the wives were bashing Christine's return to Utah plan was that they were doing it sitting in lawn chairs on land they have owned for two years.  They know nothing is ever going to be built on that land.  They have no cash flow, the show is winding down and might be done, and Kody spent over $1 million on the houses Robyn and Christine live in.  They're not going to sell those for any kind of profit.  I've seen no building plans, no financing, no groundbreaking date.  Christine pointed this out even, and the other wives just went silent, which spoke volumes.  They're all going to live miserable lives in separate houses in the middle of nowhere and fade into anonymity when the show is cancelled.  When Meri was telling Christine to look at the mountain, I saw it as a metaphor for "go to the light."

Edited by Dobian
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Oh yeah - no argument here. Thyroid stuff is easy to treat if you get diagnosed. She obviously hasn't.

I'll argue with this and the post above you just a teeny bit. My wonky, giant thyroid is a pain in the patootie, and we can't seem to find the sweet spot that allows me to be an actual human all of the time, or even most of the time. I'm more human in bursts. After many years of treatment, I'm still quite symptomatic, which is beyond irritating, but then I also have a more than a few different issues that cause severe chronic pain that have some overlapping symptoms with thyroid stuff, so who knows with my odd body!

But I am definitely not a Robyn, and I still get stuff done without household staff or whining, even if it takes me a bit longer than 'normal' people! (Okay, I sometimes whine quite a lot, but I still do the needful)

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Well, it is possible he has a learning disability so I don't want to just to conclusions.  

If he is behind and he is not dyslexic whathaveyou perhaps a contributing factor is his parents don't seem like big readers.  I think it is more that Kody has no effin clue about any of his children.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

I believe that Solomon is very shy.  He may have felt to be under a lot of pressure being alone with Kody and being filmed.  I mean Sol watched Kody belittle Truely over a bike ride.  He doesn't want to be the next target.

I was just referring to his difference in reading skills development.  

49 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

I couldn't believe that Kody could clearly give no fucks about his daughter in pain a d grand daughter and it was all about him and Robin. He has only been around her, so what would it hurt for him to go with Christine and Ysabel for her surgery and come back and stay somewhere for the 2 weeks after. And he could go with Jenelle to support Maddie. Oh but no, Robin's family clearly need him 24/7 and he can't be away from them because of whatever reason he comes up with. 

Jenelle needs to quit being passive and lay into his ass and Christine just needs to leave. He doesn't like that she's questioning his decisions and making her own and not doing as he says and is looking out for her daughter and not him.

I think he’s really pissed at and bitter with Christine for being so vehemently against his one giant house and living together idea.  He’s just a terrible excuse for a human being. 

Kody also takes no responsibility for the state of his fambly.  He wants all of the authority with none of the accountability and work that comes with it. 

Edited by readheaded
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Kody is probably more exhausting than whatever thyroid issue she may have. And while some thyroid issues can make you tired, many of them are so easily treatable. I take one small pill each morning and wait 30 minutes to eat or have coffee, and a blood test once a year, easy-peasy, and watch my diet (less easy but still not that hard). I do get tired more easily but that could also be attributed to age, work life, and other things. Now, if she has thyroid cancer, it's harder to treat, obviously, but my guess is that she hasn't even had a diagnosis. These guys are not exactly well known for their trust of doctors, health insurance, or overall health consciousness. My guess is she's had hypothyroidism for years and never bothered to diagnose or treat it because 1) doctors cost money she could be spending on pajamas and a massive rennal, and 2) she's still milking the "hot young wife" thing. I'll let you decide for yourself if she's successful in that last one.

I don't know...hypothyroidism doesn't typically cause neck swelling.  Goiters and nodules do though.  Agree that they are loathe to part with a dime for healthcare.  

3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

all roostered up

LOL.  Stealing this. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't think Robyn cares all that much for Kody. I think Robyn is a very lazy woman that wants a man in the house full time to help take care of the kids. Once she has him all to herself will she be happy? I don't think so. I'm not even sure Kody will be happy after the "honeymoon phase" wears off and he realizes he's with this manipulative wench 24/7 with no  other women fighting over him. 

Christine should try to get in as another sister wife with the Darger family. She seems to admire and love them! Maybe she's too old for Darger, though. Don't these polygs want to marry women that still have plenty of child bearing capabilities? 

If I remember correctly, Joe Darger is pretty strict on his wives’ diet and exercise. It’s no coincidence they are all thin and fit after delivering a litter of kids. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ReadMeLattice said:
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

Or, maybe he reads Shakespeare but Kody is clueless about his kid. 

I feel like unless it’s Aurora having a panic attack or someone daring to defy His Majesty, King of the Personal Goals, Kody wouldn’t notice if one of his kids was bleeding out in front of him, shooting up heroin, writing a Pulitzer Prize winning novel or finding a cure for cancer. 

Like when Truely was literally dying of kidney failure right in front of him back in season 3 and Aspyn insisted that she be taken to the hospital?

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I think he’s really pissed at and bitter with Christine for being so vehemently against his one giant house and living together idea.  He’s just a terrible excuse for a human being. 

Kody also takes no responsibility for the state of his fambly.  He wants all of the authority with none of the accountability and work that comes with it. 

Well I can see why she wouldn't want that after being the basement wife and not wanting to raise Robin's kids or being treated by the king and queen. I can see why she would want her own place and not have to share the whole house with everyone. But that goes back to the Las Vegas move. KODOUCHE wanted the move and then they all had separate houses and now the wives got a little sense of something of their own instead of it all being everyone's. So I don't blame her one bit. Plus you know they all don't clean the same way and I could see that bothering others more than the ones that don't clean the same, etc.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, toodywoody said:

When he was talking about not wanting to pressure or wet-blanket Janelle over her trip to help Maddie, because he “just wants her to have fun”....hello? An infant is having surgery, yes? Fun?

Edited by Tabbygirl521
Friggin’ autocorrect
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

Robyn Brown needs to take a long hard look at how her white knight of a husband treats and interacts with his other wives and children.  For a woman who proclaims continuously that she was mistreated and abused by her first purity stealing husband she should be horrified at how Kody treated Ysabel and Christine and at the cold inhumane way he spoke to Ysabel.  Even if the way he treats and speaks to Meri seems justified to Robyn it is still heartless and cruel,  It is abusive.  So much for standing up for other women Robyn.  This also goes to Janelle to a lesser extent.

Is this family so dysfunctional that Robyn does not see the abuse and emotional neglect Kody inflicts continuously on other family members?  Or is it she doesn't care as long as she and her children are sitting pretty?

The 2 hour finale was sickening.

The more I watch this show and read comments by other viewers, the more I see how manipulative Robyn has been over the years.  She is carefully cultivating an image of a caring sister wife, and at the same time making sure that her and her children's needs (only) are being met.  I no longer believe a word that comes out of her mouth- it's all a carefully crafted act to make her seem sympathetic.  

The problem is that actions speak louder than words, Robyn.  You have no real empathy for anyone but yourself and possibly your children (I say, possibly, because you are doing them no favors by babying them and making them overly dependent on you.)

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
typo
  • Love 23

Kody’s statement about just wanting to be there for Ysabel’s surgery was belied by the fact that he wanted her to go  alone. Not the solution of a person intent on being present. Would hE go alone to his own spinal surgery? Or even  a tonsillectomy? Even if family members lived in the area? Is he trying to foist his responsibility onto Christine’s family? Something like this? Okay, I’ll stop. 
His motto of “Where we go one we go all” should be changed to “Where we should go we go not”. 

Edited by Just Wondering
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Oh yeah - no argument here. Thyroid stuff is easy to treat if you get diagnosed. She obviously hasn't

Well bully for you. I’ve had treated Hashimoto’s for years and there’s nothing easy about it. 

I think it’s very possible that Solomon is reading and Kody just has no idea what’s happening under his own roof. Or he’s not reading for one of many reasons. Who knows?

I very rarely watch this show anymore but I checked out this episode after all the hullabaloo here. This group did not exaggerate the level of jackassitude Kody displayed as Ysabel’s father. My heart broke for that poor girl. In just a few minutes Kody did what could be irreparable damage to his relationship with his long-suffering daughter. It was truly hard to watch. I’m glad to know she had a successful surgery with plenty of care—even if it didn’t come from her unsupportive, non-empathetic excuse for a dad.  

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:

Well bully for you. I’ve had treated Hashimoto’s for years and there’s nothing easy about it. 

I apologize that what I said came off as dismissive and insensitive. That's what I get for dashing off a message in the middle of a work day. I also have Hashimoto's with all of the ups and downs that entails.

The point I was making was that there are treatments for thyroid disorders - known treatments. So when someone gets properly diagnosed, there is a treatment available. Whether that treatment works well for someone is, of course, always individual and depends on a number of factors including the willingness of the physician to do something about it (I had to fight for years to get my doctor to give me the "right" treatment that I knew would work for me).

My point wasn't that people with Hashimoto's can take some drugs and boom, they're fine. My point was that, given what I understand about these nincompoops, they wouldn't even consider finding out what was wrong so there could be a chance for treatment.

So again, I apologize for offending you. 

2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I'll argue with this and the post above you just a teeny bit. My wonky, giant thyroid is a pain in the patootie, and we can't seem to find the sweet spot that allows me to be an actual human all of the time, or even most of the time. I'm more human in bursts. After many years of treatment, I'm still quite symptomatic, which is beyond irritating, but then I also have a more than a few different issues that cause severe chronic pain that have some overlapping symptoms with thyroid stuff, so who knows with my odd body!

But I am definitely not a Robyn, and I still get stuff done without household staff or whining, even if it takes me a bit longer than 'normal' people! (Okay, I sometimes whine quite a lot, but I still do the needful)

Yes. I'm sorry. Please see my mea culpa above. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 19
On 4/19/2021 at 4:13 PM, Grifter Lives said:

Someone upthread attributed Kody's overt anger to financial troubles.  I'm sorry that I can't find the post, because the poster was insightful. 

Kody and Robyn took out the emergency $150,000 HELOC on March 20, 2020, around the start of the quarantine.  He's seeing the ramifications of his lifetime of bad decisions and has nothing to distract him.  So, he lashes out at the OG wives.  And to top it off, Robyn starts to nag him about the brown-haired spirit baby who's been hanging around, waiting for her to bring him into the world.

I'm also wondering if they were paid much less for this season because it was so short...and that they signed on for this season after they had sunk apparently every penny they could squeeze out for the residences in Flagstaff.

If this shit gets canceled, it's going to be interesting watching Kody have a meltdown of epic proportions because the only income in the immediate family will be what Meri and Christine make shilling their MLM bullshit.  

23 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I also went back today and wrote a few things and plenty of others did too! 👏  As I’m reading some articles about Ysabel surgery 24 hours post show, I am confused about the insurance.  On the show Christine said Ysabel didn’t have insurance and it took a long time to get it.  I thought, wow, those kids don’t have insurance?  Then I read that the insurance didn’t cover the surgery.  Could that be possible, why wouldn’t this be covered?  Then I read Christine was trying to raise $50,000 on facebook for the procedure.  If she needed the money why weren’t the other mothers and Kody pitching in?She had a twelve hour surgery in NJ in September 2020 and is apparently doing much better.  

Because she's not one of Robin's kids, the only kids he appear to give even half a fuck about.  

11 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Oh man, in my rage-posting, I keep losing quotes that I wanted to emphasize!  

*rolls up sleeves, removes earrings*

First, full disclosure - I still have a half-hour of this trainwreck to watch.  I usually watch about 40 minutes of TV in the morning when I'm having my coffee and Cheerios.  I don't know if it's because I switched to YouTube TV or this is normal for TLC but the commercial breaks are incredibly long so I only end up able to watch two or three segments at a time, at the most.  I mean it's Tuesday and I still haven't finished.  It's ridiculous.

Love all of your post, but regarding my bolded up there ^^^

I think it's Discovery network in general.  I was desperately trying to stay awake last night to watch an ID Discovery program and I swear the commercial breaks were each about 5-6 minutes long.  I thought I'd be snoozing away before I found out who killed the victim.  

The next time I watch something on Food Network, I'll try to remember to see if the commercials have increased in number/length.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

It's all good, NoWhammies! (I laugh every time I read your user name and sometimes have to say it out loud like the game show) It is so individual! My BIL has had thyroid issues, and then removal, and didn't have the same issues I've had. He also didn't have Hashimoto's, and I do, so I wonder if that's a little pice of the puzzle?

Since they put so much out in public, it would be nice if ol Robyn would just say something about it. She could acknowledge it at least, so I can move on to complaining about something else about her lol!

It also strikes me how much more fatherly appearing Kody is to Robyn's children that aren't biologically his.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

I am convinced the idea for the house was cooked up to get several seasons while they pretend to do stuff to build it.  And for whatever reason, Christine decided to not play along with the plot.  She was the first of the original wives to jump on the move to Flagstaff train which got her on Kody's good side until she nixed this project.  There is no way they would ever have the money to build this "monstrous carbuncle" on Prairie Dog Flats.

Janelle is trying to be the "communication expert" to get more episodes.   I think she and Kody are the only ones with a clear understanding of the what a financial mess they are in .   I just watched the episode with his honeymoon with Robyn.   I think it is when they go zip-lining that he says "nothing scares me but poverty."   And he has said he gets angry when he has no hope.   He has been pretty angry for the last two seasons.  He is losing it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 17

It was Kody who said Sol is "learning to read".  Since Kootie didn't know Gabe had a girlfriend, it is also possible that Sol is reading at or above grade level and Kody is unaware of it.  Truely loves to read and she liked to play with Sol & Areola, so they must have similar interests (except bike riding).

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

It was Kody who said Sol is "learning to read".  It is also possible that Sol is reading at or above grade level and Kody is unaware of it (he's clueless about most of his fambly members).  Truely loves to read and she liked to play with Sol & Areola, so they must have similar interests (except bike riding).

My sense is the Browns (or at least Kooty) aren't a fambily that does a lot of reading to their children when they're young.

Sol has always struck me as exceedingly shy. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a shy, introverted kid in that big, loud family and also have to be on TV. I was a shy, introverted kid, and that shit woulda been my worst nightmare. 

• Love 14

I was a shy, introverted kid who started reading at age 3 and was reading at the 4th grade level in first grade, including under the covers with a flashlight when I was supposed to be sleeping.  I can see Sol doing that while Areola and Kootie are staying up at all hours making noise.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Sol has always struck me as exceedingly shy. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a shy, introverted kid in that big, loud family and also have to be on TV. I was a shy, introverted kid, and that shit woulda been my worst nightmare. 

We used to have large, extended family gatherings at my Granny's house. I am 99% introverted, so this was hell for me after a short time. Granny always let me escape to her off-limits sewing room to read or just relax. I cannot imagine being a member of the chaotic Brown family, it looks like a level of hell to me.

(also, may I pick your brain in the small talk thread about what treatment you're doing for your Hashimoto's? I'm curious and hopeful there's something I can ask my doc to do!)

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

We used to have large, extended family gatherings at my Granny's house. I am 99% introverted, so this was hell for me after a short time. Granny always let me escape to her off-limits sewing room to read or just relax. I cannot imagine being a member of the chaotic Brown family, it looks like a level of hell to me.

(also, may I pick your brain in the small talk thread about what treatment you're doing for your Hashimoto's? I'm curious and hopeful there's something I can ask my doc to do!)

sure - or you can message me

• Love 1

And for whatever reason, Christine decided to not play along with the plot.  She was the first of the original wives to jump on the move to Flagstaff train which got her on Kody's good side until she nixed this project.  There is no way they would ever have the money to build this "monstrous carbuncle" on Prairie Dog Flats.

Someone had to object to the PolygPalace idea; otherwise there would be no excuse for why they didn't build it and they'd have to admit that they have no money and very little to no remaining credit. I guess Christine drew the short straw.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

My sense is the Browns (or at least Kooty) aren't a fambily that does a lot of reading to their children when they're young.

Christine had a library, and there have been scenes of her house in Flagstaff with a wall of filled up book shelves. 

I think the blonde wood cabinet in her library is now on her  porch in Flagstaff.  I noticed it when Kody was visiting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Because she's not one of Robin's kids, the only kids he appear to give even half a fuck about.  

I found myself asking out loud what his response to the surgery might be if it were one of Robyn’s kids.  We all know the answer:  he would be asking when do we leave and why is it taking so long to get scheduled?

• Love 15

Has anyone mentioned that maybe it was the (nonexistent) money for the surgery that garnered this hideous reaction from Kody as well?
Was he thinking, “Oh, crap.  Can we have some more time to scrounge?” Was the threat of sending Ysabel to the surgery alone designed to scare her into staying home until he could find some cash in the couch cushions? 
Also, JAnElle. Why is she on my screen casting doubt on Christine’s statement about Ysabel being bullied over her parent’s lifestyle. What? Has bullying disappeared in this day and age? Unheard of, in fact?

And Kody. Tryna get out so fast he hardly let Janelle stand up for a kiss. AND WHY ARE HIS KISSES SO BRIEF?? For 85 years I’ve watched him kiss his “wives” as quickly as possible. He always ends it first, two nanoseconds in, and the ladies always accept it like law. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

Was he thinking, “Oh, crap.  Can we have some more time to scrounge?” Was the threat of sending Ysabel to the surgery alone designed to scare her into staying home until he could find some cash in the couch cushions? 

Also, JAnElle. Why is she on my screen casting doubt on Christine’s statement about Ysabel being bullied over her parent’s lifestyle. What? Has bullying disappeared in this day and age? Unheard of, in fact?

Couch Cushions LOL

Yeah, I didn’t quite understand Janelle questioning that bullying as is possible, but would it really be out of the realm of reality that a girl wearing a back brace might be bullied?  I’m not even going to get into the nonsense her classmates have probably seen of her family on tv and the internet.  People can be cruel.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Just Wondering said:

And later she said something about why should they keep letting their kids experience prejudice(sloppy paraphrase), sounding like she was including her kids as well. I can’t keep up

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 4

So, Kody got a taste of (self-gratifying) COVID monogamy for an extended period with his favorite wife, and now declares that he doesn't "give a shit" anymore because he doesn't enjoy polygamy. Well .... guess what Kody? Your wives have been uncomfortable for YEARS, and they have been told that they need to GET OVER IT and THEY ARE SELFISH if they are unhappy or jealous. I have always been a little open to hearing his side, but I'm done with Kody. DONE. And really, fuck you Janelle for giving him the excuse that he's "tired" - "tired of having to facilitate the conversations." [finger down throat]

I also notice that he swears a lot now. lol Okay Kody.

And I've been really hard on Meri since the catfish situation, but I think she's been great lately.

Finally, the day that I feel like "I'm not very important" to my husband is the day that we are DONE. Move to Utah Christine - and don't let the door hit ya. Find a real man that you don't have to share!

Edited by Teri313
Needed to keep bitching.
  • Love 23