Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E10: Polygamy Hell

• Start Topic

On 4/28/2021 at 7:03 AM, Dnsj said:

Listening to the fun podcast about this show they mentioned that during the graduation car ride areola said something like "no one is listening to me you all are idiots" so I went back to check it out and that is what it sounds like! Robyn wouldn't win mother of the year in my opinion. And we know how Kody is. 

Please share the name of this fun podcast! Thanks.

9 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Probably Surviving Sister Wives. I love it - they make me laugh. 

Great podcast.  The give and take between the couple (Cory and Carly) is really good, and I am constantly surprised by how good a read Cory has on these women.  I'm happy that they are doing a re-watch of older episodes while the show is on hiatus gonna get axed in limbo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The kids may be responsible for college costs on their own. Hopefully they got scholarship dollars or they are going to have some pretty big loans...

Oh yes, which isn't of much help if your dad is Kody Brown...

Please remember Gabe here, who had a fantastic school career and was close to (or actually got?) a scholarship in Vegas?? That boy had everything sorted till dad came along. Gabe's subsequent revolt and Kody not getting that is probably what cooled killed that relationship completely.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Oh yes, which isn't of much help if your dad is Kody Brown...

Please remember Gabe here, who had a fantastic school career and was close to (or actually got?) a scholarship in Vegas?? That boy had everything sorted till dad came along. Gabe's subsequent revolt and Kody not getting that is probably what cooled killed that relationship completely.

I think Gabe was on track for athletic as well as academic scholarships, he had been delegated to become captain of the school wrestling team the next school term.  He ranked academically in the top 10 of an 800 student body, so I'm sure there would have been academic scholarships available.  Compound that with having to walk away from friends that he had known for probably the 10 years or so they had lived in LV, as well as non-resident premium fees they would have to pay as new-comers to AZ and you have the potential for a boiling over pot.

They are so lucky that Gabe took his resentments and hostility and channeled them to work even harder and doubled down on his academic life to graduate a year early.  It could easily have gone the other way.  Janelle's sons all seem to carry a gene that pushes them to achieve, it remains to be seen with Savanah and Maddie knows how to talk the talk, she has the ambitions but seems to lack the drive to carry her goals through.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Please remember Gabe

What we've seen from kody brown are frenetic moves. Hurry, hurry, hurry. Gabe could have easily stayed in LV and to take advantage of all his accomplishments and hard work, two words that will never be connected to his biological father. Gabe had to have known the party line reason for yet another disruption in his life was so Dayton could go to NAU. At the expense of his full and successful life. Add to this, his mother didn't stick up for him but chose to enable kody brown's manic choices. 

It says alot about his character that he, as Sandy said above, "took his resentments and hostility and channeled them to work even harder and doubled down on his academic life to graduate a year early." He will never forget this betrayal exhibited by his parents. 

It is astounding that the "said" objective of putting his family on tv was to show the positive side of polygamy. We have yet to see anything positive. What we have seen is a documentary of dysfunction. 

• Love 23
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

Gabe's subsequent revolt and Kody not getting that is probably what cooled killed that relationship completely.

Where are you seeing this? Gabe was noticeably upset that Kody wasn't coming around their house when covid shutdowns were in effect, and Janelle said he and Kody have a lot of deep talks, and he gave Kody a huge genuine hug when Kody finally came back to Janelle's after a few weeks apart. I don't see a dead relationship. 

5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I think Gabe was on track for athletic as well as academic scholarships, he had been delegated to become captain of the school wrestling team the next school term.  He ranked academically in the top 10 of an 800 student body, so I'm sure there would have been academic scholarships available.  Compound that with having to walk away from friends that he had known for probably the 10 years or so they had lived in LV, as well as non-resident premium fees they would have to pay as new-comers to AZ and you have the potential for a boiling over pot.

They are so lucky that Gabe took his resentments and hostility and channeled them to work even harder and doubled down on his academic life to graduate a year early.  It could easily have gone the other way.  Janelle's sons all seem to carry a gene that pushes them to achieve, it remains to be seen with Savanah and Maddie knows how to talk the talk, she has the ambitions but seems to lack the drive to carry her goals through.

I was thinking about all of this when Robyn was telling Christine that she didn't want to uproot her underachieving kids to move back to Utah.  Hypocrite much?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Canadian Girl said:

Where are you seeing this? Gabe was noticeably upset that Kody wasn't coming around their house when covid shutdowns were in effect, and Janelle said he and Kody have a lot of deep talks, and he gave Kody a huge genuine hug when Kody finally came back to Janelle's after a few weeks apart. I don't see a dead relationship. 

Gabe seemed upset that it wasn't fair to his mother that Kody was not  coming around.  Last season Kody seemed surprised that Gabe was getting ahead with his school work and this season he was surprised to find that Gabe had a girl friend.  Gabe is an older teen living with a single mom so it is not surprising his dad isn't  up to date on what Gabe is up to. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

Thought I should combine my answer with Twopper's:

1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Gabe seemed upset that it wasn't fair to his mother that Kody was not  coming around.  Last season Kody seemed surprised that Gabe was getting ahead with his school work and this season he was surprised to find that Gabe had a girl friend.  Gabe is an older teen living with a single mom so it is not surprising his dad isn't  up to date on what Gabe is up to. 

We're talking about some pretty significant things in the lives of any teenager (school, college, future plans, sports, achievements, girlfriends.) Children want their parents' approval and interest in those things. Kody-knows-nothing...Nor does he seem to care that much. He sometimes even struggles with his name!

Now, with a dead relationship I do not necessarily mean that they are not on speaking terms. Kody is his dad, so I'm sure there is something somewhere. You can talk (a little) and give each other a hug but that doesn't say anything about the relationship.

I firmly believe that this father-son relationship is seriously damaged and possibly beyond repair, which is why I called it dead...

• Love 13

Gabe is an older teen living with a single mom so it is not surprising his dad isn't  up to date on what Gabe is up to. 

Legally single but I don't think that Janelle would describe herself that way. And the entire Brown clan would have us believe that Kody and Janelle are married and Kody is an active and involved father. 

And frankly, I know a lot of non-custodial parents who know more about what their kids are doing than Kody seems to know about Gabe. I mean, he was planning to graduate high school an entire year early. That's not something Gabe was keeping a secret and is certainly something Kody should have known.

• Love 10

Admit I don't keep up with these dopes like some, but have watched from the get-go, when the Dark Wife arrived. Looking at the grown kids, seems like the boys have been more successful in academic pursuits. Logan, graduate and advanced degree (I think), Hunter, service academy,  Paden, also service academy (?), Gabe, early hs grad and high ranked. Maddie- no degree, Mykelti- no degree. Aspyn- not sure. Yes, I know Mariah breaks the trend. Not saying a college degree makes one successful, just find it interesting. Also, Janelle 's kids seem to make college a priority. YVMV, I find family dynamics/birth order stuff fascinating.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Aspyn graduated from college also.  

6 years to complete a 4-yr degree, married a redhead (her main goal in life) and got a job selling joory in a mall (furloughed by COVID).  She still seems the most likely one in the fambly to become a sister wife.

• Love 9

Appreciate updates on these kids. Regardless of degrees, etc. am surprised most of Kody's grown kids seem like they are decent human beings, good for them, mostly due to their mothers I imagine.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

6 years to complete a 4-yr degree, married a redhead (her main goal in life) and got a job selling joory in a mall (furloughed by COVID).  She still seems the most likely one in the fambly to become a sister wife.

My gut tells me Aurora will be a sister wife.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

My gut tells me Aurora will be a sister wife.

Hopefully not 'married' to Kootie.  She was always overly affectionate with him and a lot of the other males in this fambly.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hopefully not 'married' to Kootie.  She was always overly affectionate with him and a lot of the other males in this fambly.  

Gosh, not Kody! And yeah, even without the shameless pressing on men not hers, she's an attention grabber, just like her mom. 

She creeps me out.

• Love 14
On 4/23/2021 at 1:29 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

Coffee literally came out of my nose whilst reading that last part! 😆 You are such a visionary, I love you. 

The idea of old age Kody and Robyn being brutally denied access to their celestial afterlife planet paradise, to instead spend eternity tumbling through the universe endlessly, is just mwah! 💋👌🏼 

8A9E4D62-2E43-4DD9-B481-4DF7BD84A754.thumb.jpeg.3c262d4ae511b5704920a55a6a4804b0.jpeg

😂🤣😂🤣😂

Omg how did I miss this masterpiece?!??

too funny!!!! 👍🏻

• LOL 7