Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E24: Tom Cruise, Jennifer Connelly, Miles Teller, Felicity Jones, Wunmi Mosaku, John Bishop, Olly Alexander

• Start Topic

Joining Graham tonight: Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise, reprising one of his greatest roles in Top Gun: Maverick; his Top Gun co-stars, Oscar winner Jennifer Connelly and Whiplash star Miles Teller; Oscar-nominated Brit Felicity Jones, talking about her romantic drama The Last Letter from Your Lover; Wunmi Mosaku, Bafta-nominated for her role in horror thriller His House; and top comic John Bishop, promoting his tour Right Here, Right Now. With music from Olly Alexander's Years & Years.

I always dread a show with Cruise, as he dominates the show. It's not completely his fault—Graham plays into it, and the camera is usually on him for a reaction. He can't not just let the other people talk without commenting. I know he's trying to be supportive and nice, but he's exhausting with his intensity.

• Love 7

At least Graham is consistent, Cruise is the one American star that Graham absolutely adores.  Of course they had his two co-stars on to tell all of us how lovely Cruise is.  I did enjoy John Bishop, he's always a good guest.  Not as good as when Diane Krueger asked him if he spoke English, but good nonetheless!

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Not as good as when Diane Krueger asked him if he spoke English

Good times, good times.

I actually understand him the great majority of the time—if only because English is my second language, so I find it funny when others (native and non-native English speakers) don’t understand him. 

• Love 5

I call these shows The Annual Tom Cruise Tongue Bath, and I stand by it.  

On the other hand, I nearly froze in the shade that Felicity threw: 'Oh, we just did acting for those bits.' She had no patience for all that immersive shit TC does. Heeeeee.

I think Olly was wearing the same outfit he wore for his last (non-Years & Years-related) visit. I could be wrong, and if I'm not, there's nothing wrong with it! Just something I noticed.

• Love 3

I did enjoy Miles "spilling" his character and winding Tom up about having to view the film on an iPhone when Jennifer said she had seen it on a big screen. Tom's over reaction just tickled me. Although I did have a moment of worry for Miles' career.

• Love 2

I'll go against the grain and say that I actually like the Tom Cruise eps.  But I'm a huge Mission Impossible movie franchise fan and like that he does his own crazy stunts even though it'll kill him one day.

1 hour ago, Megras said:

did enjoy Miles "spilling" his character and winding Tom up about having to view the film on an iPhone when Jennifer said she had seen it on a big screen. Tom's over reaction just tickled me. Although I did have a moment of worry for Miles' career.

Oh Tom knew that was a joke.  There's no way I believe Cruise and McQuarrie uploaded that movie to the cloud for actors to watch it when theaters are empty and easy to rent.

• Love 2