Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Site Update Issues: Please Post Here

Recommended Posts

The update is still ongoing, as is wont to happen with these things; technical issues mean some functionality is still borked. We're working on it and will let everyone know when we're done.

In the meantime, please post any broken or wonky stuff you find in here.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

Following this morning's update, how do I get my customized home page back?  At the top, there used to be All Forums and My Forums (or something like that), but now I can't see anything to switch it from the main homepage to my customized home page.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I see the site's been upgraded. How do I get my show customization page back?

The typing screen is all narrow now and it looks funky with images of posters who've commented on the thread on the right hand side and the date is all "mooshed"

The yellow circle that takes you to the top of the site is also gone.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I love this site. After imdb got rid of its message boards, this became a wonderful replacement so I could discuss the shows I enjoy with the other fans.

It used to be that when I clicked on Forums, only the Forums I followed were on top. This was fantastic and made it easy to nagivate to the forum I wanted to read. Now, when I click on Forums, I get the entire list. What do I need to change to go back to the way it used to be? All of the forums I followed are still marked as followed. 

Thank you to anyone who can help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Since the fix this morning, my homepage has disappeared. Despite being logged in, I can't seem to locate it, despite my best efforts to find it.

eta I am taken to the entire show selection page. 

Android, latest update

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

When I go to the forums, I can't get it to show just the shows that I'm following.

Instead it shows all the shows with their own forums, and a link to all the other shows in the various categories. 

There's a link that's supposed to 'choose your default home page in account settings'  and when I click on that it brings me to settings, but the 'content view behaviour' just has an option for comments, not for viewing forums.

What do I need to do?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

This afternoon after reading my notification topics I can't erase them anymore.

Share this post


Link to post

What happened to my Home Page with the various forums I follow?  I can't find it.   I also can't find the sign in/out buttons or the marker indicating I have notifications  It's grayed out.

Thanks.

 

AnnA

Edited by AnnA

Share this post


Link to post

also the little go-to-the-top thing seems to have disappeared

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

There is a way to see just the forums you follow: From the home page, click on the "Follows" tab in the black bar and then click on "Forums". 

Share this post


Link to post

Since “Site Update 04/16/21,” there is no icon to click to edit a post. 

  • Windows 10 Chrome
  • iPhone 7+ Safari

And we're back, Baby!

--albeit in a new location for my devices: It is now hidden under the 3 dots in the upper right of my posts..

--unless you're using the Dark Mode (at the bottom of a page click Theme to access Dark Mode) in which case the Edit link is at the bottom of your post.

ETAA:

--just now in Dark Mode it was under 3 dots in the top left. 

Wake me up when it's over. 😴

Edited by shapeshifter

Share this post


Link to post

When I go to a page of the latest posts on any  forum, the posts are only covering about 2/3 of the page.  The other 1/3 is a badly formatted list of top posters in the topic and a list of their posts.

I can't figure out how to post a copy of the page, sorry.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Before the upgrade, my "Manage Followed Content" showed up with the most recently updated threads on top. Now they are showing up in order of when they were subscribed to. Is this a permanent change? I can't find a setting to reformat it to the more useful "most recently updated" list order. As it is, for long running shows, which I subscribed to years ago, I may need to scroll through many pages to see if there is new content. It's next to useless.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

The yellow circle/arrow toggle that takes you to the top of the page still hasn’t returned since the upgrade on Friday.

Also the BCC code( is that the right term?) where we use brackets and the / to add italics, bold, quotes is no longer working. I just tested in the test thread before adding it here.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I also noted that since the update, email notifications are all truncated. I hope there's a way to restore the old behavior. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

This is probably known. I'm going to post about it anyway since I haven't seen it mentioned as being a known issue.

Avatars when using the dark theme have been looking like the one posted below since the update. It happens with Mircosoft Edge and Vivaldi (my regular browser) . I just downloaded Firefox (had to start off with a fresh install of Win 10 recently) and the avatars look like this when using the light them too. They look fine using the light them with the other two browsers I mentioned.
 

Windows 10/Vivaldi (Chrome based browser), Microsoft Edge. Firefox/PC/Dark Theme for all browsers and it's also occurring in Firefox with the Primetimer Light Theme

I have the latest version of all browsers mentioned installed.



_2021-04-18_171541_.jpg.1fb9a0edcf5b0aaebf09fc0052101fce.jpg

Edited by Jaded

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/17/2021 at 10:20 PM, possibilities said:

Before the upgrade, my "Manage Followed Content" showed up with the most recently updated threads on top. Now they are showing up in order of when they were subscribed to. Is this a permanent change? I can't find a setting to reformat it to the more useful "most recently updated" list order. As it is, for long running shows, which I subscribed to years ago, I may need to scroll through many pages to see if there is new content. It's next to useless.

I'm also experiencing this, and I agree, it makes that function useless. This is a leisure time activity for me and much as I enjoy it, I'm not scrolling through three pages of followed content to see what's new.

On 4/17/2021 at 6:47 PM, RedElf said:

When I go to a page of the latest posts on any  forum, the posts are only covering about 2/3 of the page.  The other 1/3 is a badly formatted list of top posters in the topic and a list of their posts.

This new feature is a major waste of bandwidth in my opinion. Absolutely stupid, conveying no information that is at all helpful. Frankly, I don't give a rat's arse who the "top posters" are or what comment in the distant past got the most likes. This isn't junior high school. Is it?  OTOH the formatting of it seems to be less wonky today than before, but I wish I had an option to turn it off and allow the posts to take up the entire page width.

Before the site changes, when I clicked on the name of a topic which had new posts since my last visit, I would be taken to the unread posts. Now when I click that name, it takes me to the very first page of the topic. Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

Mac OS (Big Sur); brave browser; MacBook Air; IPS default theme

Edited by Jeeves · Reason: Added info
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

For the sake of completionism on the bug reports:

I'm sure everyone's noticed this, but since the start of the update, even before the Customized Homepage returned, every user's profile picture next to their posts has had a larger white square surrounding it.  Even those with the default "First letter of their Username" pictures.

There's also a version of this where my profile pic in the menu on the top of each page seems to be slightly shrunken into the top left corner of a white square that was the size of the picture before the update.  I assume this is the same for everyone else as well.

These seem to be the only places that profile pictures have this white border.  They look normal on profile pages, in the hoverbox when you mouse over these "bugged" pictures, here next to the text box for posting, and in the notification list.

 

But speaking of notifications, the bell and envelope icons in the page top menu are now black in Dark mode.  They were white before the update, and are white in Light mode, so it might be a transparency thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

You can't tell when navigating the site on the phone, but on my computer, the screen layout for forums/ threads are also wonky.

Some are the pre-upgrade fully justified layout, others look like newspaper columns. Some have the names of what looks like "most posters who commented" on the right side of the screen all "mooshed" up. Others don't have the names, the number of replies. etc.

I could have sworn once the site was up on Friday afternoon, in the notifications, we would know how another poster "reacted" to a post (be it the hart, green surprised, blue sad, yellow light bulb), but now in the notification, I just get notified that a poster "reacted" with no indication what the reaction was.

ETA: Windows 10/Google Chrome/PC/Theme: Light-Default

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

When reporting an issue please provide the following info:

  • Browser
  • OS
  • Device
  • Site theme used

If you have already reported something without that info, we'd appreciate it if you would edit and add that info in. It really helps us figure out what's going on and where.

Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Browser: Chrome

OS: Mac Big Sir

Device: Macbook Air

Site theme used: not dark? Honestly I couldn't figure out how to check

The little notification and email icons are nearly invisible. See screen shot. Also I reported earlier that the "back to top" arrow is gone.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 3.19.26 PM.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Jeeves said:

OTOH the formatting of it seems to be less wonky today than before, but I wish I had an option to turn it off and allow the posts to take up the entire page width.

I have my browser's (Firefox) zoom set at 150%, because my eyesight is bad, and the posts fill the screen; I don't see that right-hand column of useless information at all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not able to open any show links from my home page on my iPhone (2020 SE).  If I have notifications, I can open those, but any show links just hang up and eventually I get a message like "this content is not available now.  try later."  Normally I use Safari but I've also tried Firefox and Chrome.  This has been in both IPS Default and Light (Default) themes.  In Safari, at least, I've tried closing the browser, logging out and back in, and clearing app data.  I think at some point since the site maintenance it was working but this has been happening since (I think) yesterday.

From my desktop (PC Win10, Chrome) show links seem to be working fine.

Also, as others have noted, the back-to-top button is still missing on all of the above platforms. 

Edited by SoMuchTV

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/18/2021 at 12:20 AM, possibilities said:

Before the upgrade, my "Manage Followed Content" showed up with the most recently updated threads on top. Now they are showing up in order of when they were subscribed to. Is this a permanent change? I can't find a setting to reformat it to the more useful "most recently updated" list order. As it is, for long running shows, which I subscribed to years ago, I may need to scroll through many pages to see if there is new content. It's next to useless.

This is fixed (at least for me, using Chrome on Windows PC, default site theme). Thank you!!!

Share this post


Link to post

The posts are all truncated, squeezed over to the left. One third of the screen is taken up by the useless list of top posters. Not interested in that feature. Right now, on the screen I'm reading as I post, the posts go all the way across the screen, like they were before. How can we override the big block of top posters information on the right? Can't there be a button to X it out?

Windows 10 desktop, Firefox.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Since the recent update, on both my iPad and my desktop computer, the icons at the top right of the Forum page for Notifcations (Bell) and Messages (Envelope) and My Account (my name next to my icon) are all white instead of black and I can barely see them now. This is also happening on my Android phone (icons top right for Followed Content, Search, and 3 bars)

1. 

Browser: Safari

OS: iOS 12.05.2

Device: iPad

Theme: White/Light

 

2.

Browser: Firefox (same in Chrome too)

OS: whatever is the latest update (sorry, I annoy access right now)

Device: Lenovo laptop 

Theme: White/Light

Below looks the same on iPad and desktop computer

image.thumb.png.41b865db67852e0dd200feb91ada8b0c.png

3. 

Browser: Samsung & Ad Blocker (happens using both)

OS: latest

Device: Samsung Galaxy s10

Theme: Light

Screenshot_20210420-110512_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

17 hours ago, dleighg said:

Browser: Chrome

OS: Mac Big Sir

Device: Macbook Air

Site theme used: not dark? Honestly I couldn't figure out how to check

The little notification and email icons are nearly invisible. See screen shot. Also I reported earlier that the "back to top" arrow is gone.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 3.19.26 PM.png

Same issue on Firefox/Desktop Windows 10. Light theme. The sign in for registered users is practically invisible, and after log-in, the notification and message icons are same as OP's.

 

 

 

ptv.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/19/2021 at 3:33 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I'm not able to open any show links from my home page on my iPhone (2020 SE).  If I have notifications, I can open those, but any show links just hang up and eventually I get a message like "this content is not available now.  try later."  Normally I use Safari but I've also tried Firefox and Chrome.  This has been in both IPS Default and Light (Default) themes.  In Safari, at least, I've tried closing the browser, logging out and back in, and clearing app data.  I think at some point since the site maintenance it was working but this has been happening since (I think) yesterday.

From my desktop (PC Win10, Chrome) show links seem to be working fine.

Also, as others have noted, the back-to-top button is still missing on all of the above platforms. 

Further info:  it seems I can open shows from my home page if they have a single thread. It’s the links that lead to a multi-thread forum that are giving me the error. I don’t know if that will help anyone figure out what’s going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/18/2021 at 11:11 PM, metaphor said:

I also noted that since the update, email notifications are all truncated. I hope there's a way to restore the old behavior. Thank you.

 

On 4/18/2021 at 11:59 PM, Jaded said:

This is probably known. I'm going to post about it anyway since I haven't seen it mentioned as being a known issue.

Avatars when using the dark theme have been looking like the one posted below since the update. It happens with Mircosoft Edge and Vivaldi (my regular browser) . I just downloaded Firefox (had to start off with a fresh install of Win 10 recently) and the avatars look like this when using the light them too. They look fine using the light them with the other two browsers I mentioned.

_2021-04-18_171541_.jpg.1fb9a0edcf5b0aaebf09fc0052101fce.jpg

 

On 4/19/2021 at 1:54 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

You can't tell when navigating the site on the phone, but on my computer, the screen layout for forums/ threads are also wonky.

Some are the pre-upgrade fully justified layout, others look like newspaper columns. Some have the names of what looks like "most posters who commented" on the right side of the screen all "mooshed" up. Others don't have the names, the number of replies. etc.

ETA: Windows 10/Google Chrome/PC/Theme: Light-Default

 

17 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

The posts are all truncated, squeezed over to the left. One third of the screen is taken up by the useless list of top posters. 

Windows 10 desktop, Firefox.

@metaphor @Jaded @GHScorpiosRule @Coffeecup Are you still experiencing these problems? If so would you confirm which browser/OS/Device/Theme in your reply again please & thanks.

 

Please Note: We're aware all other reported issues are either already fixed or still being looked into so no need to confirm those at this time, only these specific ones, thanks all.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

 

 

 

@metaphor @Jaded @GHScorpiosRule @Coffeecup Are you still experiencing these problems? If so would you confirm which browser/OS/Device/Theme in your reply again please & thanks.

 

Please Note: We're aware all other reported issues are either already fixed or still being looked into so no need to confirm those at this time, only these specific ones, thanks all.

Yes I am.

Windows 10/Google Chrome/PC/Default Light.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is it no longer possible to quote a portion of a post? It used to be that when you highlighted a portion of a post, a little button would pop up that said "quote post" or something similar (can't remember exact wording). I'm not getting this option anymore. Instead, I only see the two quote icons at the bottom of a post. I know I can still quote an entire post and then manually edit out what I don't want, but that seems much less efficient.

Browser: Firefox

OS: Windows 10

Device: PC

Theme: Light

 

ETA: Wait, just now it worked for me, but I tried multiple times before my post and it didn't. /shrug

Edited by redpencil

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

 

 

 

@metaphor @Jaded @GHScorpiosRule @Coffeecup Are you still experiencing these problems? If so would you confirm which browser/OS/Device/Theme in your reply again please & thanks.

 

Please Note: We're aware all other reported issues are either already fixed or still being looked into so no need to confirm those at this time, only these specific ones, thanks all.

Yes. I'm using Chrome, Win10, PC, Dark on the site. My concern is email truncation, though, so it may be a separate issue. Hoping an option for the old behavior can be restored if possible. Thank you.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, redpencil said:

Is it no longer possible to quote a portion of a post?

It is in MacOS, Brave, dark theme. Anyone else experiencing this issue in a different browser/OS etc?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

It is in MacOS, Brave, dark theme. Anyone else experiencing this issue in a different browser/OS etc?

I edited my post, but it worked for me after I posted (even though I tried multiple times before). So, I dunno.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, redpencil said:

I edited my post, but it worked for me after I posted (even though I tried multiple times before). So, I dunno.

The internet is a fickle friend. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

It is in MacOS, Brave, dark theme. Anyone else experiencing this issue in a different browser/OS etc?

Partial quoting works for me on my phone.

iPhone 8+/iOS 14.4/Safari/Default Light.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

 

  @Jaded Are you still experiencing these problems? If so would you confirm which browser/OS/Device/Theme in your reply again please & thanks.

 

Please Note: We're aware all other reported issues are either already fixed or still being looked into so no need to confirm those at this time, only these specific ones, thanks all.

Yes, I'm still experiencing the avatar issue. I edited my original post with the info you requested said a little more more clearly.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, redpencil said:

ETA: Wait, just now it worked for me, but I tried multiple times before my post and it didn't. /shrug

I have had that occasionally - maybe a few times per year; it's not at all a common bug - happen to me for years; I'll highlight, highlight, highlight, yet never get that "Quote Selection" pop-up, so I'll finally get irritated enough to just select Quote and then edit out the parts of the post I don't want to quote.  So it probably wasn't related to the update, just something that finally happened to you at a time that coincides with the update.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/16/2021 at 4:58 PM, rcc said:

This afternoon after reading my notification topics I can't erase them anymore.

Still same problem. Also cannot open shows on my favorites list. Android phone using Google Chrome. Does not work in any theme.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The white box being extended and blocking out the beginning of user names is new for me.

Android/latest version/chrome/light

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

And now the top of my screen where my avatar, bell for notifications and the envelope for PMs has gone dark. Let's see if the screen capture worked:

image.png.299a93fe1c7c8de8f58fc0c11dfa5a3a.png

ETA: Yellow circle/toggle has returned! And the bell and envelope are white again. But there's still a weird white oblong shape behind my avatar.

 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Share this post


Link to post

My reply boxes are all elongated and the print, the type, is vertical, so it looks "Chinese"  Plus, next to this I am seeing other posts from several years ago, also vertical.

This is only happening in the Shopping Channel forums, not in any other Primetime threads.

HELP!!

I can post, but it comes out vertically.

Windows 10, Firefox

Edited by Bronx Babe

Share this post


Link to post

Windows 10, Firefox, Light theme:

Yellow "jump to top" icon is back.

Avatar wonkiness:

image.png.54f3525eede08a086ac091f853a02af7.png

image.png.b22f594f011b487fab290cb3781e87eb.png

 

I also noticed that all notifications are appearing with the same blue bell icon.  ISTR that at one time they differentiated between replies vs mentions vs quotes vs reactions, but now all are showing the same icon:

image.png.336351e16e915b1712df6b454ba9a2bf.png

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

how do I get rid of the box on the right hand side that is make the comment boxes from each poster smaller and more boxed in ?

 

image.png.91b07e6ad05c9b4c8c91696b1b274fd0.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

My reply boxes are all elongated and the print, the type, is vertical, so it looks "Chinese"  Plus, next to this I am seeing other posts from several years ago, also vertical.

This is only happening in the Shopping Channel forums, not in any other Primetime threads.

HELP!!

I can post, but it comes out vertically.

Can you provide a screenshot please?

24 minutes ago, sATL said:

how do I get rid of the box on the right hand side that is make the comment boxes from each poster smaller and more boxed in ?

 

image.png.91b07e6ad05c9b4c8c91696b1b274fd0.png

We're aware of this and working on it along with a number of other issues caused by the recent update. We appreciate your patience.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, rcc said:

Still same problem. Also cannot open shows on my favorites list. Android phone using Google Chrome. Does not work in any theme.

I think this is the same issue I reported earlier.  This is the first I've seen that anyone else is experiencing it.  To recap, and add what I've found since I posted earlier:

- on my iPhone, I can't open any link from the main page (whether on "your shows" or "all shows") for a show that has a forum.  I can open them when the url has "topic" in it but not when it has "forum" in it.  For the "forums" it just hangs for a minute or two then I get a message like this:

image.thumb.png.d8f0ced99a245d715aae6bd6d927de3d.png

- I tried all the usual stuff - different browsers (safari, chrome, firefox), different themes, log out/in, close/reopen browser, clear app data, restart phone.

- I can still open threads from my notifications & my activities stream.  But I can't use the breadcrumbs to go "up" to a higher level (like to the  show forum, when I'd been reading an episode thread).

- same issue on a tablet using wifi (Fire/Silk).

- I tried experimenting with my home wifi vs. cell data vs. public wifi (in case my isp was somehow blocking some urls).  No difference.

- Until this morning, I could still open things normally from my desktop (win10/firefox).  But around 8-9 ET today, when I was actively reading threads, the same issue started happening on my desktop.

- I did find I can use the site normally in a "private" or "incognito" window on my desktop.  Tried that with 3 browsers on my phone, but it didn't help.

I really hope  this is enough info for your team to debug this.  Please let me know if there's anything else I can try or any other info I can give you.

 

One more data point:  Some of the browsers I tried had no ad blocker, others had various different ad blockers.  Same behavior from all.

 

Edited by SoMuchTV · Reason: One more thing...
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size