Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Teachers' Strike

• Start Topic

Okay, after a year of kids being home from school and parents scrambling, who thought it would be hilarious to have a storyline about kids being home from school for a week, and parents scrambling?  Was this whole season written & produced pre-covid?

• Love 3

This episode bugged me because where were these kids' parents?! Honestly. I get the parents were working, but if you can't tear yourself away for a minute to control your kid who has gone completely out of control, I judge your ability to do the job too. This includes Kenan, whose kids were also running wild. I get it was exciting and a different environment but that was madness and those parents should have stopped it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/21/2021 at 10:17 AM, SoMuchTV said:

Okay, after a year of kids being home from school and parents scrambling, who thought it would be hilarious to have a storyline about kids being home from school for a week, and parents scrambling?  Was this whole season written & produced pre-covid?

I think the pilot was the only thing done pre-covid. (The casting was before covid, and the plan was for a studio audience)

But every episode besides that is filmed during covid without addressing it. Maybe this was a shout out to the stress of homeschooling during the pandemic. I dunno. But some of those kids were old enough to stay home alone! 

On 4/23/2021 at 12:50 PM, joanne3482 said:

This episode bugged me because where were these kids' parents?! Honestly. I get the parents were working, but if you can't tear yourself away for a minute to control your kid who has gone completely out of control, I judge your ability to do the job too. This includes Kenan, whose kids were also running wild. I get it was exciting and a different environment but that was madness and those parents should have stopped it. 

On 4/27/2021 at 11:44 PM, BoogieBurns said:

But some of those kids were old enough to stay home alone! 

Yes, why would 17-year-olds need to come to work with their parents?  And I actually don't believe that any of these kids would be at work at 4:30 am or thereabouts, much less raring to go.