Type keyword(s) to search

[BUG] Unread Threads Sporadically Showing As Read

stewedsquash

This isn't related to the update today since it has been happening for several weeks but it just happened again now after the update and I thought maybe if you know about it and it can be fixed during the tweaks you are doing now it would be helpful to you.

Example Top Chef main page. Six unread threads. I pick one to read. When I go back to the main Top Chef to click another thread, the main Top Chef page will show all threads read (they haven't been read). This happens on any given main forum page for me, randomly but usually a couple times a day.

I have no insight into a pattern that is causing this since I am pretty random in how I read threads.

Samsung Google Chromebook updated each time I receive a notification for update (latest was last week)

Edited by stewedsquash
2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Would you try once more please.

Okay sure, I will post when it happens. It is a random thing so do you want a deadline for yah or nah that it is happening?

Samsung Google Chromebook light theme 

I use Bing or DuckDuckGo . Forgot to mention that. I think it was happening in Bing, if that helps narrow it down. 

44 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Okay sure, I will post when it happens. It is a random thing so do you want a deadline for yah or nah that it is happening?

Samsung Google Chromebook light theme 

I use Bing or DuckDuckGo . Forgot to mention that. I think it was happening in Bing, if that helps narrow it down. 

Let's give it a week and let me know how many times, which forum/topic and when for each instance. Thanks.

(edited)

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I've also been seeing this issue (apparently) randomly for years, and I'm still seeing it since the recent maintenance.  I can't pin it down to any kind of pattern, like someone posting while I'm reading, or which forum it is,  or anything like that.  Most recently on Edge/Win10PC.  Fairly rare but it's still happening.

so I guess all I can add is that the poster who reported this isn’t the only one experiencing it. 

Edited by SoMuchTV