Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

The View: Week of 4/19/2021

Recommended Posts

One last thing, the way Whoopi kept pronouncing Maria Bakalova's last name as baklava made me hungry for some reason!

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I’m just watching yesterday’s show on YouTube and am wondering what MeAgain’s shirt says. I’ve done google lens with just text showing and just brings me to t- shirts.  I do believe posters there read here or are posters. Just saying. 
Sunnys opinion on what the verdict may be makes me anxious. 
 

Same here.  I wonder if its a case of expect the worst, and that any other outcome will then not be so bad.  Wow i butchered that phrase lol.  I think they can count on craziness in the streets regardless if its yea or nay.  People will be either celebrating, or rioting but its going to happen.  People have been dealing with this a full year and have kept up with it saying wait until court, wait until the verdict, wait wait wait wait wait wait.  Well the wait is about to be over.  Saw Sunny giving commentary on GMA.  Where was ya eh MM? Heh.  Oh to add, anything other than guilty will be the biggest, most egregious travesty with a capital T, and there will be hell to pay.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

The discussion about Howard U dropping classes about the classics, I wonder if it was a situation of not enough students signing up for the classes. I can’t imagine the univ not teaching western philosophy and literature, but rather changing course syllabi to include a more diverse range of thought. I think people are getting worked up over something that hasn’t been properly explained. 

I think some of them missed the facts (though I believe Joy noted it).  My understanding is that there will still be classes in the classics miso a major.  Universities have been doing this for years...closing departments that simply aren’t getting enough students majoring in it to make it economical.  Sounds like that’s what they did but students will still have some classics classes available.  
 

and was that a subtle dig by Sara at MM when Sara noted that she went to Smith?  Like two can play the one up/Ivy League game?  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I think some of them missed the facts (though I believe Joy noted it).  My understanding is that there will still be classes in the classics miso a major.  Universities have been doing this for years...closing departments that simply aren’t getting enough students majoring in it to make it economical.  Sounds like that’s what they did but students will still have some classics classes available.  
 

and was that a subtle dig by Sara at MM when Sara noted that she went to Smith?  Like two can play the one up/Ivy League game?  

And Sunny went to Notre Dame law school. That is nothing to sneeze at.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

I think some of them missed the facts (though I believe Joy noted it).  My understanding is that there will still be classes in the classics miso a major.  Universities have been doing this for years...closing departments that simply aren’t getting enough students majoring in it to make it economical.  Sounds like that’s what they did but students will still have some classics classes available. 

I thought that Sara had a good point, that universities should be in the business of teaching critical thinking and the occasional course in classics that still remains isn't enough to do that.  It may not be fashionable at the moment but it's something that everyone needs.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

And Sunny went to Notre Dame law school. That is nothing to sneeze at.

 

We know. Someone brings it up every week.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Was Tuesday's episode spicy too? Hulu still doesn't have either episode loaded this week. What gives?!

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oh for fudge’s sakes. Meghan truly doesn’t have a thought of her own. She repeated, verbatim, comparing how long Chauvin held his knee on Floyd’s neck to this FUCKING SHOW.

And the same trying to be smart, by saying “shifting paradigm in for” Say what?

Aaaand, Nietzsche is pronounced neeechee, not neechay, you ignoranamus MAROON.

Mondale absolutely did deserve more time for everyone to talk about him. The interview with Maria wasn’t THAT important.

While I didn’t major in the Classics, I took as many of the courses under its department that were required and as electives so I could take them all; and I think it’s sad that while the classes are now electives instead of being required.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh for fudge’s sakes. Meghan truly doesn’t have a thought of her own. She repeated, verbatim, comparing how long Chauvin held his knee on Floyd’s neck to this FUCKING SHOW.

And the same trying to be smart, by saying “shifting paradigm in for” Say what?

Aaaand, Nietzsche is pronounced neeechee, not neechay, you ignoranamus MAROON.

Mondale absolutely did deserve more time for everyone to talk about him. The interview with Maria wasn’t THAT important.

While I didn’t major in the Classics, I took as many of the courses under its department that were required and as electives so I could take them all; and I think it’s sad that while the classes are now electives instead of being required.

She has her phrases that she uses everyday. Shifting paradigm is one of them. That phrase is decades old, and I am surprised she is using it.

I agree that MeAgain is so out of touch to relate the knee on George Floyd's neck to be the time of a View segment. Nobody cares how long a View segment is. But it is not the thing to be using for your outrage at how this man was murdered by cop.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

One last thing, the way Whoopi kept pronouncing Maria Bakalova's last name as baklava made me hungry for some reason!

Baklava is good stuff! 

Tomorrow's show should be interesting, certainly a lot to discuss. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, bannana said:

She has her phrases that she uses everyday. Shifting paradigm is one of them. That phrase is decades old, and I am surprised she is using it.

I agree that MeAgain is so out of touch to relate the knee on George Floyd's neck to be the time of a View segment. Nobody cares how long a View segment is. But it is not the thing to be using for your outrage at how this man was murdered by cop.

“Intellectually dishonest” is another one that she squeezes in every chance she gets.   That is 5 more syllables than what is needed  to say “lying”. I’m starting to think  she gets paid by the syllable.  Also, she said last week that she  just found out  how long Chauvin’s  knee was on George Floyd’s neck.  How is that possible?  Newsflash MeAgain, the rest of us have been paying attention for the last year. We are well aware of 9 1/2 minutes.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

Also, she said last week that she  just found out  how long Chauvin’s  knee was on George Floyd’s neck.  How is that possible?  Newsflash MeAgain, the rest of us have been paying attention for the last year. We are well aware of 9 1/2 minutes.  

I could have sworn a poster here used the length of a hot topic segment as a comparison. Is Meghan reading our boards?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I could have sworn a poster here used the length of a hot topic segment as a comparison. Is Meghan reading our boards?

Probably the same reason her hairdresser was forced to make a statement the past week. I believe people here are always joking that the stylists must be sabotaging her for what an awful person she is.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Today's guest will be Philonise Floyd. I can't wait for Whoopi to butcher that first name (possibly his last name, too) when introducing him.  If she couldn't pronounce 'Karen Olivo' the other day there's a snowball's chance in hell she can pronounce his.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopi - shockingly - pronounced his name right!  It was legal expert and well-educated Sunny who butchered it, calling him "Filla-knees" instead of the correct pronunciation, 'Fill - on - is'.  It must be really embarrassing for Sunny when Whoopi proves to be the smart one out of the two.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I bet Sunny was relieved and glad to be wrong at her prediction that she thought the verdict would go the other way?

I have no interest in what motormouthwordsaladTwattyMcTwatterson had to say.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopi constantly amazes me with her inability to formulate sensible sentences extemporaneously.  Gawd, that's her job!!!

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I’m surprised Meg didn’t get the Maxine Waters question, adding disdain for Uncle Joe for speaking out too.  Instead her question allowed the guests to say nice things about Biden. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I bet Sunny was relieved and glad to be wrong at her prediction that she thought the verdict would go the other way?

I have no interest in what motormouthwordsaladTwattyMcTwatterson had to say.

 Same here and I changed the channel when it was her turn to speak. I find myself doing that more and more these days. I just cannot take her anymore. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I have no interest in what motormouthwordsaladTwattyMcTwatterson had to say.

53 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

 Same here and I changed the channel when it was her turn to speak. I find myself doing that more and more these days. I just cannot take her anymore. 

I just don't even bother to tune in at all anymore.  I need a lot less Meghan McCain in my life.  And that seems to mean no more The View for me.  So be it.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Whoopi - shockingly - pronounced his name right!  It was legal expert and well-educated Sunny who butchered it, calling him "Filla-knees" instead of the correct pronunciation, 'Fill - on - is'.  It must be really embarrassing for Sunny when Whoopi proves to be the smart one out of the two.

And Joy acknowledged Darnella Frazier for taking the video that made the case solid...but twice called her Daniella.

Do Better Jann Arden GIF by CTV

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, indeed. The Floyd family should be left alone to try to find peace and heal "if that's even possible" says Twatty.

Come again? If nothing else, I think the guilty verdict of the man that killed their brother/father/son, will now be able to find peace and healing. Does she even hear herself?

A lot of blahblah-wordsalad--blahblah"seachange" blah blah"seachange"blahblahblah

Did someone tell Crump to invoke John McCain?

I laughed at Sara telling Cruz to take 10 seats and to basically STFU, and her mimicking the "groaning" from the clip. I won't lie--it made me giggle.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, indeed. The Floyd family should be left alone to try to find peace and heal "if that's even possible" says Twatty.

 

And she suggests everyone to leave them alone so they can find this healing peace just moments before two family members are going to join the discussion on 'The View' with their lawyer.  Nothing like leaving the family alone - but first! - we have an exclusive interview with them for our 3 million viewers! Then the media can leave them to their healing peace.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/19/2021 at 6:42 PM, bannana said:

Yes, Waters is a Senator

Actually she's not.  And I DO think that distinction is important, because her presumptive power as a Representative is a lot smaller.  She's admittedly a committee chair, but not even of a committee with any influence over this issue.  The influence of her comments were vastly (and some would argue deliberately, by certain people) overblown. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

Actually she's not.  And I DO think that distinction is important, because her presumptive power as a Representative is a lot smaller.  She's admittedly a committee chair, but not even of a committee with any influence over this issue.  The influence of her comments were vastly (and some would argue deliberately, by certain people) overblown. 

Thank you @Kromm. I try to be accurate in this stuff, but as a Canadian I often get it wrong!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

The girl who was shot had a knife. What if the girl she was swinging it at had been stabbed?  Should the police stand by while she was in danger?  (I hate agreeing with Meg.)

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Nobody bring up the fact that the girl who got shot was the one that called the cops for help because those two women were the ones that came to her house to attack her? At least that’s the version of the story I heard.

I will not say I agree with Meg. I will say that I agree with Sarah.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

The girl who was shot had a knife. What if the girl she was swinging it at had been stabbed?  Should the police stand by while she was in danger?  (I hate agreeing with Meg.)

I hate agreeing with her as well. Although, I did laugh when she said "NO, I wasn't texting with Don Lemon last night, EVIDENTLY I don't have that type of relationship with him" - speaking about Sunny's texting with him last night.

MM really hates being left out doesn't she?

Just now, Spartan Girl said:

Nobody bring up the fact that the girl who got shot was the one that called the cops for help because those two women were the ones that came to her house to attack her? At least that’s the version of the story I heard. 

Yes, but the 911 call was released and whomever called said that  "people over here trying to fight us, trying to stab us, trying to put hands on our grandma."

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oh good Whoopi brought it up. And I agree about her asking why did they have to shoot first as opposed to how they treated the likes of Kyle Rittenhouse.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 15
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopi wanted to be in Deadwood?! I wonder who she wanted to play. 😳

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I agreed with everything that Sunny and Joy said in the first block.  Sunny was on fire calling out the injustice. I always find it real curious how people often have more sympathy for Black men and boys when they are murdered by the police.  Whereas young Black girls like Mah'kia and women like Breonna are often forgotten and blamed.  Mah'kia was being threatened and acted recklessly to defend herself.  She did not deserve to die.

Don Lemon is an ass and he pissed me off.  What happened to Black men protecting Black women? I do love how Nutmeg is pissed for not having his number though.  What a baby!

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 15
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

14 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Oh good Whoopi brought it up. And I agree about her asking why did they have to shoot first as opposed to how they treated the likes of Kyle Rittenhouse.

This the issue.  Police are more likely to shoot first instead of trying to de escalate a situation when it involves people of color.

  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Here we go with Meg slamming Biden for speaking out. The jury was sequestered before Uncle Joe said anything. They did not hear him. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Here we go with Meg slamming Biden for speaking out. The jury was sequestered before Uncle Joe said anything. They did not hear him. 

And Ben Crump said the same exact thing yesterday!

But of course Twatty couldn't say that while George Floyd's brothers were there and would hear her trying to shade the verdict/cast doubt on it.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Sunny was on fire this morning and I agreed with every word! If you’re going to talk about a story where the subject was holding a weapon, then you compare it to a similar story where the subject was holding a weapon likewise, not something like Floyd.

Am I wrong or did Whoopi accidentally say “Luke Bryan” when she meant to say “Don Lemon” before the second commercial break??

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

The girl who was shot had a knife. What if the girl she was swinging it at had been stabbed?  Should the police stand by while she was in danger?  (I hate agreeing with Meg.)

no, but 4 shots???

  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sunny was on fire this morning and I agreed with every word! If you’re going to talk about a story where the subject was holding a weapon, then you compare it to a similar story where the subject was holding a weapon likewise, not something like Floyd.

Am I wrong or did Whoopi accidentally say “Luke Bryan” when she meant to say “Don Lemon” before the second commercial break??

Exactly!  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, cinsays said:

no, but 4 shots???

I know, I get it.  Clearly things should have been done differently.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don't understand why the hosts would expect Rep. Karen Bass to know or explain how the police officer could mistake her gun for her taser. Was the congresswoman a police officer before? If not, it seems as though her opinion is only as good as anyone else who has no special insight. 

Perhaps it is due to increased news coverage, but it seems as though over the past 10 years or so, police officers are jumping to the highest level of lethal response to incidents where you'd hope de-escalation would be better. I just saw a link to a police shootings database that has interesting info in it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

The case of the teenage girl the other day is more complicated, I think, because it appears on the tape that she was lunging with the knife at the other girl, and intended to stab her. Not reacting to that might have resulted in the death of a different person. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, JayD83 said:

I hate agreeing with her as well. Although, I did laugh when she said "NO, I wasn't texting with Don Lemon last night, EVIDENTLY I don't have that type of relationship with him" - speaking about Sunny's texting with him last night.

MM really hates being left out doesn't she?

Gee, I wonder why she's constantly left out!

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

Oh for Frog's Legs!  Meganutz mentioned she was brought up to respect authority, the military, etc.  I guess she wasn't brought up to respect those older and wiser than she, by the way she treats Joy and Ana.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Oh for Frog's Legs!  Meganutz mentioned she was brought up to respect authority, the military, etc.  I guess she wasn't brought up to respect those older and wiser than she, by the way she treats Joy and Ana.

Exactly. Seems like she was raised to be tribal, not respectful. She also fancies herself authority because of her relatives. “I’ve been in politics all my life. There’s a lot of military service in my family. It’s your job to listen to me.” 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Oh for Frog's Legs!  Meganutz mentioned she was brought up to respect authority, the military, etc.  I guess she wasn't brought up to respect those older and wiser than she, by the way she treats Joy and Ana.

I thought this was so interesting because she repeatedly says she is a contrarian, and that she doesn't fall in line with government telling her what to do. Policing is part of the government.

George Floyd's murder is in a different category for her. I bet she is in the group of people who say black men (or women) who run from the police deserve to be shot. With Floyd's murder she has seen the actual video so it affects her differently. And remember how she defended that weird white couple who were waving their weapons around because they say they were protecting their home from looters, who were actually protesters? She is all over the map on this issue and I think in part it is because she took so much heat for her racist comments that one week. 

And why does she repeatedly say she has all these friends in the police and in the military. Is it necessary to say that every time? And who cares if she has friends in the police, it doesn't change anything about the facts of what happened.

When they were talking about Whoopi writing a superhero who is an older black woman, she name dropped some guy she knows who writes comics (or something, I didn't quite catch it), and suggested that Whoopi work with him. I don't know, I am pretty sure Whoopi knows thousands of people in the industry she can reach out to.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Posted the pic of MeAgain from today's show. Her hair is fugly, her face looks weird both in colour and texture, and she is wearing some atrocious top that makes her look like a football player!

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size