Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Regrets, Rehabs and Realtors

Pallas
  • Start Topic

Glad Becky's going back. Again, a really good moment between her, Jackie, and Dan with them encouraging her to return. 

2 minutes ago, justduckey said:

I did not recognize Brian Austin Green at all.  Granted I haven’t seen him in anything in 25 years but still. 

He's the new guy Darlene's working with, right? My mom kept saying he looked familiar. I'm making a guess now that this season may end with him and Darlene, or just Darlene, having been inspired by his carefree approach, just up and leaving to go somewhere. And if Darlene and Ben do break up, it'll be interesting to see how they deal with that. 

Also, speaking of Ben, his mom may have had a few valid points about Dan relying on his kids so much financially, but wow, yeah, the way she brought it up to him was presumptuous as hell and I'm glad he called her out on that. I wonder, though, if they really will ultimately decide to go through with him selling the house in the end. 

• Love 13

It looks like Darlene and Ben are headed towards a breakup and all I feel is relief.

But then I remember there is no relief for the Connors so I doubt they will break up permanently. Just an excuse for more misery and arguing before getting back together.

I was amused when Ben gave Becky $5 though.

A DJ sighting! I wish they'll give him more stories. Mix it up a bit.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, justduckey said:

I did not recognize Brian Austin Green at all.  Granted I haven’t seen him in anything in 25 years but still. 

He was in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. And yes I'm the one who watched it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 8

Brian Austin looks hot but his acting was terrible. Darlene seems to attract some decent looking men.

As much as Ben is being annoying, dumping him for go with the flow guy is not a good idea with a kid.

Murphy Brown is still a nice looking lady and she had some valid points but she does not know The Connors well enough to call them out like that. Did she really think she would be making things better?

• Love 13

I feel like everyone in the episode had good points re. the living situations but also that it all does not have to be so all or nothing! I agree that the housing issues are not ideal (and selling the place may make the most sense) but maybe Ben and his mom could try appreciate/understand a person who wants to help out her dad (and Ben was the one who spent loads of dough on podcast stuff). They acted like a year was forever.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I wonder, though, if they really will ultimately decide to go through with him selling the house in the end. 

I recently mentioned in a topic for another show that family comedies will come up with reasons for the adult kids to continue to live with their parents. In that case the adult kid was in college and not the mother of someone who should be going to college. But the principle applies here as well. It is easier to give family members plots together if they live in the same house. So the kids only move out when they're no longer on the show. Or in the case of DJ when they're hardly ever on the show. So I could see Dan selling the house in the final episode of the show, but not right now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

There are so many stupid things that happen on this show every week (and yet I'm still here watching, so go figure), but they still manage to throw in some really great one-liners, and tonight had several! The big favorite for me, though, was the one about people in real estate all having white teeth (and Darlene wondering if Jackie had run out of things to look up anything online).

The writers clearly visit here sometimes by having Dan consider selling the house, but having Barb be the one to suggest felt a bit like a reach, so while it might actually be the best idea, I can't really blame Dan for finding her out of line for telling him that. I love having Candice Bergen back, though, and I certainly welcome any chance to see her again. 

I'm glad Becky went back to rehab, and I SO hope she winds up sober, and gets her revenge by making a HUGE comeback and becomes the most successful Conner of all after everything she's been through. It would serve the rest of her family right, that's for sure.

(And I'm evil enough that I almost want her and Ben to explore the very real chemistry they have and get together--hey, Darlene doesn't seem to want him anymore!--just kidding, but maybe not really?)

And look, everybody! DJ exists! XD 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 16

Okay, I know I've vowed to keep the mask grumbling to a minimum each week, but "I've been vaccinated" as a reason for not wearing a mask AND a prompt for another person to take theirs off?  Holy shitshow.

Becky found the most non-Jewish Jewish rehab I've ever seen.  Which fits, if everyone is there for the same economic reasons.  (But, really, the difference between schlemiel and schlimazel not being widely known, I'll easily grant, but verklempt and schmuck being "foreign" words?  With how much TV these folks watch?)  Anyway, Becky coping with saying good-bye to Beverly Rose by instructing everyone against any developmental progress was perfectly in character.  Her coming home early and everyone telling her she needs to go back was nicely done.  But was Jackie lying again to get through to Becky - I remember Al as an abuser, but was he an alcoholic?  (Bev kind of, sort of, temporarily was in those hazy days of the final seasons, but Al?)

Like all shows, this one will keep as many characters as possible under one roof until the end, so valid points about the living arrangements don't resonate as they would in real life because I know they're not going anywhere.  Even setting those limitations aside, though, everyone needs to take a seat.  None of this is ideal, but folks are making do, and selling the house not only isn't what anybody wants, it's not going to actually fix all the things people are claiming.

I mean, yay for Ben's mom moving back; I'd love to keep seeing her occasionally.  But, fundamentally, Barb is totally out of line about the house and who lives in it; Ben is bad enough, but she's beyond. 

I'm sure many people can relate to Darlene's attraction to the nomadic lifestyle Brian Austin Green's character lives, but she has obligations he doesn't, and I suspect that will be acknowledged in his next episode (he has another one coming, right?).  Anyway, if she realizes what she wants is somewhere between that life and the one Ben keeps trying to force on her, so that she needs to blaze her own path alone, I'm here for it.  I couldn't stand him or them together in the beginning, came around on him and them, and have now settled into he's okay, but wrong for her.

"I wish I was going somewhere."
"Drink excessively, and you can, too."

Ha!  And Jackie's ironic "Some people just can't handle the quiet" also made me laugh, as a nice call back to the original series, when she was training to spend long stretches of time alone in a truck; her teacher didn't think she'd make it, but she did, but then came home and babbled incessantly at the entire Conner family because she hadn't had anyone to talk to for umpteen hours.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, greekmom said:

Ok Ben is now being a straight up dick.  Darlene was offering a compromise with the New Haven instead of Hawaii. Selling the tickets and taking a small trip to New Haven they should have money left over to give to Dan.

Agreed! He's insufferable now. And I really wish someone would point out what a hypocrite he is for unilaterally deciding to move out of the house (against Darlene's wishes) and then turning around and pressuring Darlene to meet his timeline for them co-habitating again and laying on a guilt trip about how she handles her own finances. What an ass.

Count me in as hoping that they're heading for a break-up. I don't think she's headed for a romance with the new guy (please no), but I definitely see both him and Molly serving as wake-up calls for her to shake things up and redefine her own priorities.

I wanted to scream during Barb's conversation with Dan. Last season Dan was so stubborn/proud that he was on the brink of having the house repossessed rather than asking his children - working adults - to pay rent. They FINALLY convinced him to let them contribute to their own household, and now this stranger waltzes and tries to shame him for it? Get bent, lady. The last thing we need is Dan reverting back to that old-fashioned stance that nearly left them all homeless.

I liked the rehab stuff, but it felt a bit jarring after last week. I thought Becky had a real "scared straight" moment with Jackie last time, and now we immediately see her joking around and not taking it seriously. I get that it was a defense mechanism, but wish it could have been more nuanced, like seeing her make a real effort first and showing real fear/vulnerability before backing off and reverting to a lame comedy routine.

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

But was Jackie lying again to get through to Becky - I remember Al as an abuser, but was he an alcoholic?  (Bev kind of, sort of, temporarily was in those hazy days of the final seasons, but Al?)

Ugh, that was awful. Not only was he not an alcoholic, but it was well-known that Jackie had a great relationship with him right up until his death, even after the revelation of his long-time mistress. Seriously, every time they drag Al's name through the mud with more horrible retconning, I feel really bad for the character (and the actor) that we originally met in the role - a sweet, jovial man who told dad jokes and obviously loved his family. I like that this show addressed some unpleasant realities, but always thought it sucked that Roseanne felt the need to destroy the Al Harris character by inserting her own real-life family drama and treating those scenes like her own personal therapy sessions.

• Love 17

Can the kids even afford to move out? Darlene and Becky have better jobs now but is it enough for them to have their own place? Maybe Darlene with Ben but Becky doesn't seem stable  enough to be on her own. Where is Dan going? Louise's place?

Barb had a few points but was completely wrong and doesn't know the entire situation. She's only getting Ben's side. Barb should've been asking Ben if Darlene is the right woman for him. Ben is what Darlene needed after David but probably not permanently. 

• Love 15

Okay, Ben lost me when he shut down Darlene's idea to compromise. And yes, Darlene's been helping out with the mortgage now but she (and Ben) lived for quite a while rent-free at Dan's (IIRC). Realistically she would help out for a while until Dan's prospects are better and then move out, no drama necessary. But obviously the Full-House-curse is setting in (nobody's allowed to leave forever - cramp the young couple with twins in the Tardis-attic!) and so Ben has to go.

Barb was not all wrong but it's not her place to charge in and make ridiculous demands.

No idea what Becky was thinking (well not much it seems). If she joins AA meetings she will run into exactly the same problems and since her name is not Bonnie Plunkett she'll not get very far by being a jerk there either.

I liked Brian Austin Green in the Sarah Connor chronicles, so @OLynn33 you were not the only one watching 😉 Not sure what's his part here though beyond being a factor in breaking up Darlene and Ben.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I've seen Brian Austin Green fairly often and knew he was guest starring, I thought he did a pretty great job, myself. He was really funny. And he's really hot. I do NOT see him falling for Darlene cuz at this point I don't know why any guy would (and I used to love and relate to Darlene). But I was pissed at Ben too for not compromising on a little getaway.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Okay, Ben lost me when he shut down Darlene's idea to compromise. And yes, Darlene's been helping out with the mortgage now but she (and Ben) lived for quite a while rent-free at Dan's (IIRC). Realistically she would help out for a while until Dan's prospects are better and then move out, no drama necessary. But obviously the Full-House-curse is setting in (nobody's allowed to leave forever - cramp the young couple with twins in the Tardis-attic!) and so Ben has to go.

Barb was not all wrong but it's not her place to charge in and make ridiculous demands.

No idea what Becky was thinking (well not much it seems). If she joins AA meetings she will run into exactly the same problems and since her name is not Bonnie Plunkett she'll not get very far by being a jerk there either.

I liked Brian Austin Green in the Sarah Connor chronicles, so @OLynn33 you were not the only one watching 😉 Not sure what's his part here though beyond being a factor in breaking up Darlene and Ben.

Agreed Ben should've went with the compromise and work with Darlene. It's clear she needs a break and they both get what they want.

Ah Full House curse. I remember my Mom being shocked Uncle Jesse not moving out and told me: "I don't care if he is cute like Uncle Jesse. If a guy doesn't want to move out because of his neice you run like hell." 🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Another Sarah Connor chronicles watcher and disappointed there wasn't some conclusion.  

I am actually hoping that Ben/Darlene break up and come next season, Darlene meets a woman or maybe even a trans person (maybe a friend of that mentor manager of hers??) and explores a relationship there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Bastet said:

But was Jackie lying again to get through to Becky - I remember Al as an abuser, but was he an alcoholic?  (Bev kind of, sort of, temporarily was in those hazy days of the final seasons, but Al?)

6 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

Ugh, that was awful. Not only was he not an alcoholic, but it was well-known that Jackie had a great relationship with him right up until his death, even after the revelation of his long-time mistress.

I'm willing to believe maybe he was an alcoholic but we as viewers  just didn't hear about it.   He was abusive (Roseanne and Jackie talking about the belt) so maybe he became abusive when he drank.    Laurie Metcalf has been fabulous during this storyline even though she is just a supporting player in it.  

• Love 11
10 hours ago, OLynn33 said:

He was in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. And yes I'm the one who watched it.

Another SCC fan here!  LOVED BAG in the role.  So disappointed it ended at a really interesting place. 

10 hours ago, qtpye said:

Brian Austin looks hot but his acting was terrible. Darlene seems to attract some decent looking men.

As much as Ben is being annoying, dumping him for go with the flow guy is not a good idea with a kid.

Murphy Brown is still a nice looking lady and she had some valid points but she does not know The Connors well enough to call them out like that. Did she really think she would be making things better?

Yeah, BAG's acting was pretty bad here.  He's not the GREATEST actor, but he's been more comfortable in other roles.  This was just awkward. 

9 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I feel like everyone in the episode had good points re. the living situations but also that it all does not have to be so all or nothing! I agree that the housing issues are not ideal (and selling the place may make the most sense) but maybe Ben and his mom could try appreciate/understand a person who wants to help out her dad (and Ben was the one who spent loads of dough on podcast stuff). They acted like a year was forever.

They're basically real-time (or close to) with COVID, right?  I mean, now isn't the time to move out!  The struggle for many is real.  My daughter had to move away from a city she loved (San Francisco) and come back home to MA because the restaurant  she worked at closed down.  So many restaurants were affected that she couldn't find another job there and afford her apartment.  She's expressed lots of frustration at not being able to afford to move out, but we keep reminding her that the entire world is struggling and to give it time.  So, yeah, expecting everyone to move out of the house is crazy at this time.

I'm not loving the Becky storyline, but that's because it's way too close to home with what's been going on with my SIL.  The difference is that Becky isn't as toxic to literally every single person in the family and causing HUGE fights and rifts and custody battles for her baby.  So.... Yeah, not really enjoying making me think of real life while watching a comedy. 😉

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Bastet said:

Okay, I know I've vowed to keep the mask grumbling to a minimum each week, but "I've been vaccinated" as a reason for not wearing a mask AND a prompt for another person to take theirs off?  Holy shitshow.

That was ridiculous, too. BAG character didn't give me the impression he would get a vaccine due to his incompetence and reason in being late his first day of work.

Is it bad I am distrusting of people saying "I got vaccinated" and they don't wear a mask anymore and  they expect me to trust them and take mine off comparable to people saying "they're clean" when it comes to sex and still expect me sleep with them without protection? 

• Love 8

I thought Ben was a dick last week when he suggested they sell the Hawaii tickets for money.  If a dying person’s last wish is for your girlfriend to go to Hawaii, then you go with her or a compromise might be to let your girlfriend go and cash in the second ticket.  But to unilaterally call the shots and not respect what the dead person wanted is an a-hole move in my book!  It just seemed fitting he continued to act out in this episode.

• Love 19
40 minutes ago, snarkylady said:

They can talk all they want about Dan selling the house but in this series the house is so familiar to the audience it has become another character.  I don't see it happening.  

Plus, doesn't the bank pretty much still own it?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, chocolatine said:

"I couldn't tell the difference between shlemiel and shlimazel, so I'd play it safe and go with shmuck."

A shlemiel is somebody who often spills their soup and a shlimazel is the person it lands on. But I'm verklempt that he tried. 😄

. . . and the nudnik is the one who runs over and asks, "What kind of soup was that?"

• LOL 12
5 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

Can the kids even afford to move out? Darlene and Becky have better jobs now but is it enough for them to have their own place? Maybe Darlene with Ben but Becky doesn't seem stable  enough to be on her own. Where is Dan going? Louise's place?

That's what I was thinking. Darlene gets an apartment with her kids. Becky gets an apartment with her kid. Dan gets an apartment. Wouldn't that add up to more than the joint mortgage they're currently paying?

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Doesn't Jackie live with Bev at Shady Acres or something?

I think so, and because Estelle Parsons is well into her 90's, we haven't seen Jackie where she lives since before the pandemic started...although it's just as easy to believe she lives at Dan's house too, since basically everyone else already does. :P 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
Just now, UYI said:

I think so, and because Estelle Parsons is well into her 90's, we haven't seen Jackie where she lives since before the pandemic started...although it's just as easy to believe she lives at Dan's house too, since basically everyone else already does. 😛

Yep and it wasn't until last night when she mentioned "going home" that I had been wondering who's room Jackie had been sleeping in.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I've seen Brian Austin Green fairly often and knew he was guest starring, I thought he did a pretty great job, myself. He was really funny. And he's really hot. I do NOT see him falling for Darlene cuz at this point I don't know why any guy would (and I used to love and relate to Darlene). But I was pissed at Ben too for not compromising on a little getaway.

Although I don’t wNt them together I think his character arc may actually go a long way to show what Darlene wants and what she doesn’t.  Yes she has responsibilities but to who and what?    Harris is all but grown and Dan should be pushed to make a decision on the house and if he can afford to keep it.  The only person she is legitimately responsible for is Mark.    And is it such a terrible idea to go on a vacation once in awhile?  She has a job and is actually succeeding at it.   Taking a break every so often is not the death knell of civilization.  It is even good for you.  Ben is being a brat by not seeing that Darleen needs a breath.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Chaos Theory said:

Although I don’t wNt them together I think his character arc may actually go a long way to show what Darlene wants and what she doesn’t.  Yes she has responsibilities but to who and what?    Harris is all but grown and Dan should be pushed to make a decision on the house and if he can afford to keep it.  The only person she is legitimately responsible for is Mark.    And is it such a terrible idea to go on a vacation once in awhile?  She has a job and is actually succeeding at it.   Taking a break every so often is not the death knell of civilization.  It is even good for you.  Ben is bring a brat by not seeing that Darleen needs a breath.  

Darlene has had that job for what a month, two tops? Most companies won't give any vacation time until you've been there at least a year. She needs to chill her jets. A long weekend is probably the best she can hope for.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I'm firmly Team Ben in this episode. It's easy for Darlene to talk about a compromise because she's not the one living in the back of a hardware store. Ben knows what his priorities are and he's focused on achieving them. What I'm seeing from Darlene is just her bouncing from one thing to the next and now her thing is turning Molly into some kind of guardian angel/sign from the universe. I keep thinking about how Darlene went racing over to Molly's because Jackie called her and said Molly was hitting on Ben (What the hell kind of grown-ass woman does that?) but now she's disappointed in Ben because he didn't want to go to Hawaii.

I'm fine with Ben and Darlene splitting up because these people have conflicting levels of maturity.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
29 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Darlene has had that job for what a month, two tops? Most companies won't give any vacation time until you've been there at least a year. 

It's just like Dan wanting 25 percent of the hardware store after working there for two months. I'm beginning to think that the writers on this show have no idea how any American workplace functions. Seeing Harris made me wonder if she has a job. She was hanging out at Dollar Store Occupy for while but now she's back in the house?

Edited by marceline
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, marceline said:

She was hanging out at Dollar Store Occupy for while but now she's back in the house?

I think she's back working at that tattoo place - we saw her sketch some designs last week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Perhaps it's my eternal crush on David Silver, but I thought BAG and Sara Gilbert had more chemistry between them in 2 minutes than I've ever witnessed between her and Jay R. Ferguson (Ben). While I don't disagree that there are conflicting issues, Ben really doesn't seem to be that supportive of Darlene. He ran off and started a podcast without talking to Darlene, spending a bunch of money they didn't have, but now he's clamping down? Never mind the oft-discussed fact that they likely can't get the airfare refund directed to them anyway. But burnout and anxiety during the pandemic is real, and Darlene has sought professional help for it - and Ben doesn't seem to really care about what might make her feel better or help.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Never mind the oft-discussed fact that they likely can't get the airfare refund directed to them anyway

I've had to to ignore everything about those plane tickets for my own sanity. Every mention of selling them or getting a refund makes my teeth itch.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
53 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Darlene has had that job for what a month, two tops? Most companies won't give any vacation time until you've been there at least a year. She needs to chill her jets. A long weekend is probably the best she can hope for.

It definitely depends on where you work. Some companies offer vacation time when you're hired. A company like Wellman wouldn't offer a vacation until at least a year but Darlene went from staff ostracized by her coworkers to supervisor is less than a season. 🙄

• Love 6

I’m so glad this show is still around.  I don’t care for many comedies.  Mom, that was recently cancelled, and this show are the only sitcoms that make me laugh.  

It really is more economical for multiple family members to live in one house than to spread out and pay multiple rent/mortgage, plus electric, cable, internet, insurance, taxes, yard maintenance, etc. Plus, several generations under one roof can provide a lot of joy. Mine did for a while and it was a great thing.  Granted, it might not work with some personalities. 

I laughed today when I had an emergency trip to the dentist.  The dental assistant and dentist said to me, “Man, your teeth sure are white.” (I got my realtor’s license several years ago.) LOL.     

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m so glad this show is still around.  I don’t care for many comedies.  Mom, that was recently cancelled, and this show are the only sitcoms that make me laugh.  

It really is more economical for multiple family members to live in one house than to spread out and pay multiple rent/mortgage, plus electric, cable, internet, insurance, taxes, yard maintenance, etc. Plus, several generations under one roof can provide a lot of joy. Mine did for a while and it was a great thing.  Granted, it might not work with some personalities. 

I laughed today when I had an emergency trip to the dentist.  The dental assistant and dentist said to me, “Man, your teeth sure are white.” (I got my realtor’s license several years ago.) LOL.     

How do you do it?

I have been so disappointed by this show.  First of all, Dan has become an annoying curmudgeon. The fact that he has multiple very marketable skills ( mechanic, carpenter, handyman and contractor are some that come to mind, why has he never been able to make a decent living?  They’ve been in that house over 30 years and he still had a mortgage that he can’t even pay off?  Why until this time have neither of these relatively intelligent, and one college educated girls been able to find decent employment?  Why isn’t DJ helping out - his wife is in the Service and it seems as if he has a good job?  Why isn’t Darlene getting child support? Why isn’t Becky getting survivors benefits?  It’s depressing to see that in all the years none of these people have improved at living.  Also, personality wise, who would be attracted to a negative, sarcastic, self absorbed woman like Darlene and yet the men are falling over her.   I keep watching hoping for the magic of the first iteration of this show but I don’t see it coming.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

How do you do it?

Which one? We lived together just keeping a sense of humor, respecting others and not being too bossy.  Lol

I got porcelain veneers on my top teeth and so all I do now is daily work to preserve them, flossing, special tooth gel, rinses, etc.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I keep watching hoping for the magic of the first iteration of this show but I don’t see it coming.

The magic had to leave.

4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

You know it's bad when even the reverse mortage scammers are like nah.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I have been so disappointed by this show.  First of all, Dan has become an annoying curmudgeon. The fact that he has multiple very marketable skills ( mechanic, carpenter, handyman and contractor are some that come to mind, why has he never been able to make a decent living?  They’ve been in that house over 30 years and he still had a mortgage that he can’t even pay off?  Why until this time have neither of these relatively intelligent, and one college educated girls been able to find decent employment?  Why isn’t DJ helping out - his wife is in the Service and it seems as if he has a good job?  Why isn’t Darlene getting child support? Why isn’t Becky getting survivors benefits?  It’s depressing to see that in all the years none of these people have improved at living.  Also, personality wise, who would be attracted to a negative, sarcastic, self absorbed woman like Darlene and yet the men are falling over her.   I keep watching hoping for the magic of the first iteration of this show but I don’t see it coming.

Dan blew it quitting his city job for the prison job. He could’ve retired with a pension. I can't remember what happened to the restaurant except I think competitors put it out of business after the show ended. You would think people like Leon or Nancy would've come up with ways to keep the restaurant going for their financial reasons. 

The Conners had a second mortgage I think and if they refinanced that extends the mortgage past 30 years.

DJ has a home and family of his own. He shouldn't and probably can't help out. The biggest gripe I have is what happened to Darlene and Becky? I think Darlene finished school but it seems Darlene was so stuck on being a writer she didn't have a second career to fall back on. I like writing, too, and while I haven't written that great novel I do have skills I can apply at my current job to keep a roof over my head. 

Becky lost herself with Mark dying. I wish more was explained on that.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Arcadiasw said:

Dan blew it quitting his city job for the prison job. He could’ve retired with a pension. I can't remember what happened to the restaurant except I think competitors put it out of business after the show ended. You would think people like Leon or Nancy would've come up with ways to keep the restaurant going for their financial reasons. 

The Conners had a second mortgage I think and if they refinanced that extends the mortgage past 30 years.

DJ has a home and family of his own. He shouldn't and probably can't help out. The biggest gripe I have is what happened to Darlene and Becky? I think Darlene finished school but it seems Darlene was so stuck on being a writer she didn't have a second career to fall back on. I like writing, too, and while I haven't written that great novel I do have skills I can apply at my current job to keep a roof over my head. 

Becky lost herself with Mark dying. I wish more was explained on that.

At least Darlene is in management now. If she doesn't blow it, she should be getting a good salary plus benefits.

• Love 7

That's the first thing I wondered. Clearly he still has at least one mortgage. On the original series they had two mortgages because of the bike shop. What kind of money does Dan think he'll make selling the house after paying off the mortgage(s)? Enough to "help" Becky afford a place of her own? In what universe? That's an old house in a depressed part of town.

Doesn't Jackie live with Bev at Shady Acres or something?

Bev was living with Jackie in Jackie's apartment last we heard, but it wasn't Shady Acres. Bev apparently had to leave Shady Acres but they never explained why. Just another one of those retcons the reboot didn't address.

I can't remember what happened to the restaurant except I think competitors put it out of business after the show ended. 

Another thing they never explained. In the original series, Roseanne and Jackie sold or gave their shares in the restaurant to Leon and Nancy after winning the lottery. In the reboot they never mentioned the restaurant or what became of it until the show was revamped as The Conners and they still didn't explain what happened to it. What they did tell us - which was that Bev still owned the building - made no sense whatsoever. Bev sold her share of the restaurant to Leon in the original series, and never owned the building. 

Continuity: not this show's friend.

• Love 11