Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E06: Lexi

• Start Topic

So  did the mom not work at all? Don’t understand why the family didn’t move to Wisconsin with the dad when he found work there. 

The dad looked plastered in his confessionals and at the intervention with his cap on backwards. SMH Was not shocked at all when it was revealed he is a heavy drinker.

I definitely agree with the interventionist that Lexi seemed emotionally stunted.  I don’t discount how much her dad leaving to go work in another state impacted her or going from living a “good” life to living in hotels, but she came off somewhat spoiled and like someone  who may have been acting out because her life wasn’t what she wanted it to be any more. She always had an excuse for why she was using, never accounted for her own choices, but that’s typical addict behavior. 

The mom seemed like she was too laid back and a bit in denial which may be partly the reason why Lexi went off the rails. I was glad the latter went to treatment. I hope she can stay sober but if she’s still talking to the the violent alcoholic ex-boyfriend, I don’t know how realistic that will be if she returns to Vegas. 

• Love 1

Both the mother and father had the alcoholic bloat to their faces, so I wasn't surprised the father was revealed to be an alcoholic, but I was surprised that it seemed the mother wasn't, as well. But maybe she refused to admit it on camera so she wouldn't lose custody of her granddaughter. I wonder how violent the father got when they were kids and he was drunk--either Lexi or her sister said that he'd destroy their stuff, but the sister also obviously had her nose broken at some point and it had not been re-set to heal correctly. Also wonder about the brother who clearly did not want anything to do with the intervention. Outside of saying Lexi was the third and youngest, nobody ever mentioned a word about the brother.

I just hope the granddaughter doesn't fall victim to the cycle. She was a cutie.

• Love 3

I only started watching this season, but this show seems a bit ridiculous. 50 minutes of build up, and then a 2 minute intervention where everyone immediately agrees to go to rehab, and successfully in the next 3 minutes, quits whatever addiction they had. Not at all realistic IMO. 

2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I only started watching this season, but this show seems a bit ridiculous. 50 minutes of build up, and then a 2 minute intervention where everyone immediately agrees to go to rehab, and successfully in the next 3 minutes, quits whatever addiction they had. Not at all realistic IMO. 

Please watch older episodes on a&e or elsewhere.  Not everyone agrees to go to rehab.  Not every intervention is 2 minutes of fun.  Not everyone stays in rehab or stays clean afterwards.  Not everyone even lives actually.   
The beauty of  this show is that 1- addicts  who accidentally watch it can find hope for themselves. 2- if each episode is watched by teens and even just one an episode decides to not try the  stuff in the first place, a life is saved, 3- childhood trauma is real and maybe some parents can learn what to watch for. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

18 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Please watch older episodes on a&e or elsewhere.  Not everyone agrees to go to rehab.  Not every intervention is 2 minutes of fun.  Not everyone stays in rehab or stays clean afterwards.  Not everyone even lives actually.   
The beauty of  this show is that 1- addicts  who accidentally watch it can find hope for themselves. 2- if each episode is watched by teens and even just one an episode decides to not try the  stuff in the first place, a life is saved, 3- childhood trauma is real and maybe some parents can learn what to watch for. 

Honestly, I've found this season a bit refreshing because all the other seasons have had so many asshole addicts, fucked-up family members, and depressing outcomes.  And I guess with good old 'Rona and everything else, I'm already depressed enough.  It's been nice to see some hopefully good outcomes.  Although I don't have much hope for Lexi.  

• Love 2

I also was wondering what was the deal with the mom. I definitely thought we would hear that she was an alcoholic or at least WAS an alcoholic at some point

Seriously- who lets their 13 year old just do heroin in hotels with older men? It sounds like Dad left to Wisconsin and mom stayed behind and drank?? Why wouldn't she go with? I don't think we got the full story from them.

And yeah, Lexi mentally is 13, and seems majorly stunted in almost every way. I don't see a bright outcome for her unless she forever lives in some sort of sober/supported living environment. 

• Love 1

All addicts make excuses for why they’re using.  That is what addicts do.  The important part here is that Lexi is doing something about it right now.  If Lexi ever comes across these comments- I hope she knows that haters are going to hate and that most the people who are commenting negatively about her on these forums- have only experienced addiction thru watching television shows and have nothing better to do with there life than to hate on other people in order to make their miserable existence seem better.  I’ve experienced the same lifestyle, for most of my life, in Vegas, homeless, heroin/meth, prostitution, etc and I have over a year sober now and my life is completely different and exponentially better.  Kudos to Lexi for taking the hardest step- initiating sobriety.  You go gurl!  Keep up the good work!

• Love 1