Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Catastrophic Thinking

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

158279_0457.jpg

158280_1200.jpg

Three months after Ronald's escape, Cassie and Jenny have officially partnered up to take down a fresh slew of troublemakers, but all isn't coming up roses; Ronald is still on the loose, a domestic case takes a macabre and deadly turn, and a U.S. Marshall is sticking his nose in their case files.

Original Airdate: April 13     Tuesdays at 9pm (Episode 10) & 10pm ET (Episode 11)      ABC 

• Love 2

Who was Ronald saying farewell to, with the cake and flowers? I assumed it must be mom, but didn't her corpse get left behind when the house blew up?

Edited to add that I let out a big guffaw when the 2 scary thugs shared a juicy kiss. That's the kind of out-of-nowhere detail that I love about this show.

Edited by sempervivum
forgot this bit
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Glad to have this weirdo show back again, even if it seems like we might have wait until the next episode to see more of what the big case is going to be. 

Glad that Jerri is still here, she's my favorite character and I was worried she would not be back for this second part of the season. 

• Love 10

I will admit I was looking forward to this show's return more than I thought I would.  It is just so weird and crazy, but I kind of love it.  And my mind certainly wasn't change once I saw that the first shot was Ronald in that ridiculous wig, glasses, and beanie: looking like a rage-filled cross between Harry Potter and Jughead from Riverdale.  Never change, show!  Or Ronald.

Interesting that this episode was mainly a "case of the week", with the resolution already being solved pretty quickly.  But it was a good way to see the dynamics between Jenny and Cassie, and I'm love how they have worked Jerrie into things, by having her joining the office as well.  Michael Eklund (who I've seen in numerous shows shot in Canada) was pretty fun as Andy as well.

Hey, Ronald's girlfriend (future victim?) is totally Odette from Nancy Drew!  If the character has even an ounce of that character's persona, she might actually be a tougher target for him than expected!

Not sure if this weirdo marshal is a future love interest for Cassie or going to end up being a baddie.  Maybe both?

Looks like we did get some set-up for the main arc at the end, with this mysterious old cowboy played by Ted Levine (bringing in more Silence of the Lambs folks, I see!  I respect that!), and whatever is going on between his son played by Michael Raymond-James.  Who, in turn, seems to have some kind of history with Jenny.  Can't wait!

Onto the next episode!

• Love 4

Glad to see this show is finally back!

Too bad they had to shoot the bad guy, I was looking forward to having Joe Exotic as the villain. However, they didn't actually specify if he died so I guess he could be back.

Cassie said "we nailed Legarsky" but really if anyone nailed him, it was Merilee. (Too soon?)

• Love 6
On 4/14/2021 at 11:31 AM, sempervivum said:

Who was Ronald saying farewell to, with the cake and flowers? I assumed it must be mom, but didn't her corpse get left behind when the house blew up?

No,  Jennie somehow mistook the dead body of a grown woman for a child because Roland put a hoodie on it so she carried the body out of the house.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

Jennie somehow mistook the dead body of a grown woman for a child because Roland put a hoodie on it so she carried the body out of the house.

Oh, yeah. So I wonder how Ronald got ahold of it, if that's who the body is.

3 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Oh, yeah. So I wonder how Ronald got ahold of it, if that's who the body is.

I don’t know what he was doing for sure in the shed type building with the cake .. but the cake had the name Kelli on it. Matching the scratched name  in the truck.   So I don’t think he’s got his moms’  body. If he had it, he  wouldn’t have needed to go lay on top of his moms grave.  

It’s odd  that his Moms’ grave already had a headstone after just 3 months and that someone thought they should have  the ‘Mother’ description put on it.  Would you order that for a woman who had been killed by her only child? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 4/14/2021 at 10:31 AM, sempervivum said:

I assumed it was some woman who he abducted and later killed that was named Kelli.  She scratched a message and her name into his truck.  The cake had her name on it.  I don't think her body is necessarily in that shed... I think that's just his shrine to her.  Maybe she was his first victim.  I think he said something like "I won't be coming here anymore" which I took to mean he has closure.

I interpreted this to mean that he has found happiness with whatshername and her son.  He seems to have grown up repressed under his controlling mother.  She constantly berated him for his "urges".  I think the urges were that he was looking for someone to want to be with him and never found anyone, so he had to resort to kidnapping them.  But now he found whatshername so doesn't need to kidnap girls to be with them.

• Useful 3
21 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t know what he was doing for sure in the shed type building with the cake .. but the cake had the name Kelli on it. Matching the scratched name  in the truck.   So I don’t think he’s got his moms’  body. If he had it, he  wouldn’t have needed to go lay on top of his moms grave.  

It’s odd  that his Moms’ grave already had a headstone after just 3 months and that someone thought they should have  the ‘Mother’ description put on it.  Would you order that for a woman who had been killed by her only child? 

First paragraph:  Useful Like

Second paragraph:  Yes you would because Ronald didn't not love his Mother.  I'm sure in his mind the fact he killed her is justified or rationalized.  If someone else had ordered the grave marker, why wouldn't they acknowledge she was a mother?  Ronald has not been tried and convicted of murder, nor has he confessed. He's still on the run playing Arthur with the stupid John Denver wig and glasses.  :D

32 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

First paragraph:  Useful Like

Second paragraph:  Yes you would because Ronald didn't not love his Mother.  I'm sure in his mind the fact he killed her is justified or rationalized.  If someone else had ordered the grave marker, why wouldn't they acknowledge she was a mother?  Ronald has not been tried and convicted of murder, nor has he confessed. He's still on the run playing Arthur with the stupid John Denver wig and glasses.  :D

True.  But he left his mom's dead body in the house to be consumed in an explosion.  He couldn't be certain that the sheriff's team would retrieve the body thinking it was Eric.  Also, Eric can confirm that Ronald killed the priest, and the fact that the mom's body was left in the cage as a decoy should give a high probability that Ronald moved the body there and likely killed her.

I'm wondering how Ronald knew where his mom's grave was, or that someone paid for a plot and headstone.  I'm assuming the mom's sister (if she actually exists) did so?