Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: No Hablo Brujeria

• Start Topic

Decent episode....probably would've dropped the B or C storyline in favor of finding out more about the Vera family through some flashbacks or yet another vision journey. Abigail and Jordan getting plenty of storylines I just dont need, though I guess this episode did bring an end to Jordans so there's that.

One thing this reboot has failed at since day 1 is the the feeling of family and legacy so it's nice that we FINALLY get introduced to someone else in the Vera family since this show has no Grams that can help give us that. 

The Cousin is practically their Paige or well Paige 2.0 since Macy is their Page as well. All these secrets. Secret sister, secret cousin, secret biological father. It can be exhausting but I enjoy her so I dont mind her staying. Though it was extremely lazy of the writers to have us come back to commercial and have Macy/Jordan out of the bottle thing as if we missed en entire scene. We didnt even get to see their reactions to the person who put them in there or that Macy has a cousin! We're just told "oh she's good! No worries!" um...you almost DIED. You dont just say "just another day". 

I don't really understand how Jordan's curse got lifted by a witch inside a spell, but the writers weren't doing anything with that storyline anyway, so whatever.

Also, saw this on Tumblr:

"i saw twitter say charmed is readying jordan to take on the role of whitelighter and i’ve never felt like such a dummy for not realizing something so obvious!"

Which makes a lot of sense.

New cousin is all right. I don't mind her sticking around. I assume she'll get her magic eventually! Supergirl did a similar storyline with a trans woman inheriting superpowers passed down from mother to daughter (much to the consternation of her cis older sister, who expected them to go to her). It was interesting stuff.

I liked Harry and Abi's logic vs. emotion storyline well enough, and I'm glad she's realized there's no quick way to redemption. What was with that moment as Harry was leaving, though? Please don't tell me we're revisiting that whole "Abi is into Harry" thing, because I have no patience for that.

• Love 1

I don't mind the cousin for a one-off but the last thing this show needs is another regular character to write stories for. It already suffers from a lack of focus and too much vagueness. I've completely lost track of whatever the hell Macy and Harry are researching and trying to do with this tablet. It just drags on and on. The season started out so much better but now it once again has too many irons in the fire. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't mind the cousin for a one-off but the last thing this show needs is another regular character to write stories for. It already suffers from a lack of focus and too much vagueness. I've completely lost track of whatever the hell Macy and Harry are researching and trying to do with this tablet. It just drags on and on. The season started out so much better but now it once again has too many irons in the fire. 

Except for "The season started out so much better" I totally agree. 

The cousin is fine for a one off character, but they want to keep her around? Don't we have enough going on? The show doesn't know what to do with the characters we already have, do they really want to bring in even more characters? How many long lost family members do they have running around now? I do feel bad for the sisters, the more they find out about their mom the more shady she sounds. They sure are a forgiving bunch, welcoming their cousin with open arms after she kidnapped Macy and Jordan and attacked them while trying to steal their stuff and she almost got them killed because casting dangerous spells on random people could have negative consequences. She didn't think they would be hurt and I guess they thought they would be hostile to her because their mom stole the family magic book, but still. There have to be better ways to get in touch with your cousins. 

• Love 3

Except for "The season started out so much better" I totally agree. 

Well, it's relative to the colossal mess that was last season. I was able to follow along better this season . . . at first. But every week we have Harry and Macy running after something or other to do with the damn tablet, which maybe has something or other to do with the "allergy" they now have to each other and other magical creatures . . . including normal people who are cursed (Jordan). And there's some kind of prison, for ancient monsters? And that has something to do with . . . something? The tablet? Whatever happened to the tree? I can't remember.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I thought this one was a better episode, the first one in a while that kept me sort of engaged.  I liked seeing Jordan given some actual material to work with, and it was neat to learn a bit more about him.  It was weird how hostile Macy was with him at the beginning, though.  I hate contrived out-of-nowhere relatives, but I didn't mind the cousin too much, after she started showing some regret.  It made no sense that the cousin's random spell would somehow enable Jordan's curse to be ended.  Another clumsily dropped storyline?  Abigail is still a waste of screentime, but somehow, that crazy old man and the whole logic spell made her and Harry's scenes a bit more palatable and interesting.