Type keyword(s) to search

S09E12: Light the Way

druzy
  • Start Topic

Cheyenne and Zach have a gender reveal party and finally get the results of Zach’s genetic test. Maci is shocked to learn that Ryan had a session with Bentley’s therapist. Mackenzie pushes Josh to move to Florida permanently while Amber seeks advice.

Airs: April 13, 2021

• Love 2

I thought Taylor was being kind of crappy when he said Ryan should take a drug test if he goes to in-person counseling with Bentley. That will really get him through the door. Just don't let the kid ride in his car!

Leah does not mess around. Amber deserves every bit of misery this girl is dishing out.

Cate: There's a reason you're supposed to wait 12 weeks before telling everyone you're preggers. And stop dyeing Nova's hair!

• Love 19

Caitlin is handling this miscarriage very well compared to other times. Maybe all that therapy is helping her.  Maybe they should take a step back on wanting to add to the family. With her post partum  depression and two miscarriages so close together, her body might just need a rest. She’s not even 30 and has has at least 5 pregnancies.

• Love 11

Am I the only one who fast forwards through the two non OG cast members? I truly do not care about those people. Cheyenne is exhausting and MacKenzie is boring AF. Boo hoo Amber, you reap what you sow. I am with Leah here. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, missbonnie said:

Am I the only one who fast forwards through the two non OG cast members? I truly do not care about those people. Cheyenne is exhausting and MacKenzie is boring AF. Boo hoo Amber, you reap what you sow. I am with Leah here. 

This exactly.  I'm incredibly bored with all the new cast members and don't care about their chaos and dysfunction.  There was a girl on 16 and pregnant last week named Abigail (sorry not exactly Abigail but I can't remember the exact alternative spelling of her name - maybe it was Avigail?)  who entered college early and hoped to become a doctor.  She got pregnant while attending college when she had an IUD, and seemed very different than your usual 16 and pregnant/teen mom on a path to destruction with or without teen mom money.  It would be interesting to follow her story and see how her life turned out since she had real goals and ambition.

• Love 12

Love how Carol reiterated to Gary that Leah is completely justified in feelings regarding Amber.

I don't know about other communities, but in the black community there is a running joke that with silver capped teeth are wild as hell. 😂😂 Broncs having a majority of his teeth capped and shitting on people's floors...well!!!!

I wish Tyler and Catelynn would stop having children and focus on the two they have. Nova is already lagging behind academically .

• Love 13

Wait, Amber drives?   Was that her in the white car or her in an Uber?  

Gary's mom talking about Little Leah waiting by the door for her mother broke my heart.  Rule #1 Amber:  Never tell a child you are going to do something and not show up.   And Grandma Carol was right, those things all add up over a decade.   I hope Amber is serious about professional advice on building a bond with Leah - for Leah's sake. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Ok. I was very creeped out by Bronx laughing at the fact that he bit his teacher. Mackenzie needs to get a backbone and discipline him.

Cate, you did not have false positives a few months ago. Those tests were negative. There were no faint lines. You were the only one who saw faint lines.

Ryder really is the cutest kid on this show.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Caitlin is handling this miscarriage very well compared to other times.

Am I wrong in thinking that if she hadn't been constantly taking pregnancy tests, she would have assumed it was just a late period?  I get that she's super eager to have a baby, but for me, ignorance would be bliss.

• Love 11

I’m sorry but all 3 of Mackenzies kids are going to to be f**ked up. Broncs definitely has something wrong with him. He looks like he’s on drugs. And were those fillings on all those teeth????? He’s 4!!! Do your job as a parent  and make sure that kid brushes his teeth twice a day! That is child abuse. Since the dad is all “he’s a kid, he’ll grow out of it” is that why he doesn’t care about he kids teeth? Cause he’ll grow out of them??? Mackenzie wasn’t joking about not being able to give him any attention—right down to his teeth. I’m sorry but she should be embarrassed by those. 

• Love 10

Did Cheyenne have a party every episode. During a pandemic! In LA! I fast forward thur most of her stuff, but it sure seemed like it was party every week for her! 

Amber called the police on her dad because she was sick of living with him! Wow!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, WahooLAH99 said:

Did Cheyenne have a party every episode. During a pandemic! In LA! I fast forward thur most of her stuff, but it sure seemed like it was party every week for her! 

Amber called the police on her dad because she was sick of living with him! Wow!

Right? so far this season we've seen her sister's birthday party, Cheyenne's "birthday weekend" festivities combined with her pregnancy reveal and now a reveal party. What a spoiled princess this girl is...and quit making everything about you...even Ryder's medical issues are all about you. Ryder seems to be a happy, well adjusted kid despite her medical issues...drawing attention to it in front of her all the time is just unnecessary and seems to be something Cheyenne needs to do for her own selfish needs.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Inga said:

I’m sorry but all 3 of Mackenzies kids are going to to be f**ked up. Broncs definitely has something wrong with him. He looks like he’s on drugs. And were those fillings on all those teeth????? He’s 4!!! Do your job as a parent  and make sure that kid brushes his teeth twice a day! That is child abuse. Since the dad is all “he’s a kid, he’ll grow out of it” is that why he doesn’t care about he kids teeth? Cause he’ll grow out of them??? Mackenzie wasn’t joking about not being able to give him any attention—right down to his teeth. I’m sorry but she should be embarrassed by those. 

If ever there was a reason to preach the merits of birth control during adolescence, it would be to see the how poorly this group has navigated it, especially Mac and Josh. Three kids that all seem to have issues revolving around parental neglect, poor parenting in general and dysfunction in the marriage. They all need therapy not just Broncs.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 14

Still shaking my at the boring AF Cheyenne’s gender reveal party. It amazes me how you can gather that many people that give a shit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Of course brain dead Josh is pulling into brain dead Mac’s driveway at the end. 😡

• Love 7
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Am I wrong in thinking that if she hadn't been constantly taking pregnancy tests, she would have assumed it was just a late period?  I get that she's super eager to have a baby, but for me, ignorance would be bliss.

They barely pay attention to Vaeda let alone a new baby. I think with these two nudniks, getting pregnant again isn't about having a another child it's about the all the attention they get during the pregnancy and then when the baby is born. They seem to have ADD afterwards...Vaeda is a case in point...I never see them holding her, kissing her or even reading to her. She's always in her high chair or just sitting by herself on a sofa. This is what this show has done to these two...attention whores and Instagram  junkies.

17 hours ago, chuckity said:

Another week, another episode of Amber being the most self involved piece of shit in Indiana.

And I live in Indiana and know a fair amount of people who are pieces of shit.

Everything is about Amber and how Amber feels and how Amber is slighted and how Amber wants to be treated.

Leah is the luckiest girl to have Christina as her bonus mom.

AMEN to everything you said!

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 9

Vaeda is a case in point...I never see them holding her, kissing her or even reading to her. She's always in her high chair or just sitting by herself on a sofa. 

This is so true and so sad. When my kid was Vaeda's age, I was always cuddling with her and doing things with her. And if I wasn't, she'd come looking for me for hugs. They seem so disconnected from both kids. I mean, I know it's partially due to like "it's time to film our scene for the show", but still... 

• Love 10

I’m sorry...but Caitlin and Tyler are just about the two most self centered do nothings on this show. And to be wasting time and money on a “psychic” and  more tattoos just speaks to their immaturity. They are pushing 30 but still behave like seventeen year olds...no jobs, selfish and self centered...no emotional growth or self awareness. This whole season has revolved around their need to procreate for what reason? So Cait won’t be regretting having a fourth child when she’s fifty years old? What the hell kind of a storyline is that? When she’s fifty she’ll probably be a grandma to at least four grandchildren by then...and that was my version of being a psychic.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, politichick said:

I thought Taylor was being kind of crappy when he said Ryan should take a drug test if he goes to in-person counseling with Bentley. That will really get him through the door. Just don't let the kid ride in his car!

Leah does not mess around. Amber deserves every bit of misery this girl is dishing out.

Cate: There's a reason you're supposed to wait 12 weeks before telling everyone you're preggers. And stop dyeing Nova's hair!

I didn't watch much but I thought I was seeing things or lighting was crazy so at least thanks for confirming my eyes are ok.........but dayummmm  who dies a kid's hair????? 

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Caitlin and Tyler. I mean I find them very frustrating and I really wish they would mature, but I give it to them for at least sticking together all this time, and I excuse most of their ineptness because look at how they were raised. I don't think they had anything or anybody who could remotely be thought of as a role model for them.

• Love 6

This was just a very sad episode.  Everyone is in therapy!  Not that therapy is sad or a bad thing.  But everything just made me sad.  

Bentley is such a nice kid and his POS sperm donor father is doing a number on him.  He shouldn't have to be dealing with this.  They should just cut Ryan out of his life.  

Of course Amber has to call some expert for dealing with her kid.  Seriously?  Just like when Tyler and Cate had to call an expert for advice on Nova. So where do they find these people?  Is this a publicity thing for the experts?  

Again, I would have a bit of sympathy for Amber is she wasn't such a self-centered POS and a horror show on social media.  This chick has the audacity to trash Kristina and plant all these falsehoods about her being a whore and a homewrecker.  Amber is the worst.

Both Leah and Bentley have parental figures in their lives to make up for the disasters they were born with/from.

Mackenzie's situation with Broncs is super sad and I was really creeped out when he laughed at biting his teacher.  The therapist seemed nice.  Josh is a dirt bag and she can do better - maybe.  She has a little more going on, but she is still pretty dumb.  Why would she move away from any family support? 

Cheyenne is ridiculous!  Someone upthread said she has a party every week.  And this is happening during COVID!  What is wrong with these people?  And, of course, she has a gender reveal with a helicopter.   Ugh!  I hate that gender reveals are a thing!  Even Cheyenne said something to that effect.  So why do it, Cheyenne?  

Cate and Tyler- just STFU!!!!  I have nothing more to say about them!

Edited by Marisagf
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I majorly judge Mackenzie and Josh for their shitty parenting as evidenced by their 4 year old’s teeth. That kind of dental work can only be due to lack of any brushing/cleaning and/or going to bed with a bottle. I have a 3 year old and sometimes he can be psychotic but Bronx laughing at the notion of biting his teacher was frightening. I wouldn’t have taken it so lightly. But I give Mackenzie major props for advocating for her son’s needs when Josh would much rather ignore it (and his son). I know I’d be an anxious mess losing a grandparent and moving to a new state that’s 20 hours away from my dad; poor Bronx is crying out for attention and validation. Didn’t they take Jaxie on a trip without the boys? It’s so shitty they can’t give Bronx the 1:1 time he deserves. 

Speaking of shitty parenting, propping your toddler up with a tablet during dinner is absolutely horrible. I don’t expect anything less from Catelynn and Tyler though. I don’t imagine they think very deeply about parenting.

Can you imagine the environmental impact of Cheyenne’s party to find out the sex of a baby? It must be nice to have so much time and money. Good for her. 

• Love 7

I have no idea why Broncs' teeth needed so much work so early but I do know that my less than three year old son had to have major work done due to a severe illness when he was ten to eleven months old which is apparently a critical time for baby teeth and can make them 'soft' or something. So they had to fix cavities and seal the rest up so they wouldn't need such work. And he had been going to the dentist with me since he was six months old and loved it and we took good care of his teeth but there wasn't any way to prevent what happened.  Adult teeth are fine.

So I won't razz on her without knowing his medical history. The rest of it though is terrible. He is regressing no doubt, but the biting is not something to have a cutesy talk over, it's something to make clear in no uncertain terms in not going to happen again. Her talk with him just annoyed me no end. She is so immature and babyish herself.  She just grates. She needs to put on her big girl panties and woman up and stop blaming everything that the kids do on missing daddy.  Discipline them herself, pay attention to them herself, set some boundaries herself. Stop acting like a big child herself.

I guess you can tell I'm not a fan of Mackenzie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Marisagf said:

This was just a very sad episode.  Everyone is in therapy!  Not that therapy is sad or a bad thing.  But everything just made me sad.  

Same except Cheyenne.  She has grown on me this year.   Her parties make me happy and I think it's cool that her family finds so much to celebrate especially during a year when there was so little to celebrate. Don't forget she's an event planner without any real events this year (or at least big ones).   All the gatherings were small and outside with people they knew - mostly young.  I even thought the helicopter was cool only because I'd never heard of anything like that. 

The extra long montage at the end did seem like this is the last we will see of these girls/families and that's okay too especially as the kids get older.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Same except Cheyenne.  She has grown on me this year.   Her parties make me happy and I think it's cool that her family finds so much to celebrate especially during a year when there was so little to celebrate. Don't forget she's an event planner without any real events this year (or at least big ones).   All the gatherings were small and outside with people they knew - mostly young.  I even thought the helicopter was cool only because I'd never heard of anything like that. 

The extra long montage at the end did seem like this is the last we will see of these girls/families and that's okay too especially as the kids get older.  

Wow...I couldn't disagree more...Cheyenne grated on my last nerve from her over the top "reveal" party with a helicopter to her endless whining about Ryder's medical condition in front of Ryder. Some things should be kept between adults and not brought up in front of children and this is one of them...especially the child that has a serious condition. But, as usual, it's all about Cheyenne who is the designated Princess of the family. 

On 4/13/2021 at 10:22 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Caitlin is handling this miscarriage very well compared to other times. Maybe all that therapy is helping her.  Maybe they should take a step back on wanting to add to the family. With her post partum  depression and two miscarriages so close together, her body might just need a rest. She’s not even 30 and has has at least 5 pregnancies.

Well...they are pregnant again and it's another girl. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I did forget she was an event planner, and I was okay with her too UNTIL she yelled, "No one cares about you!!!" last week when her mom or sister were telling a pregnancy story. 

• Love 11
On 4/13/2021 at 9:00 PM, Quilty said:

Nice fake cry Amber.🙄

Not one tear!  I waited and watched.  

On 4/13/2021 at 9:29 PM, justduckey said:

What is up with Broncs teeth???

I'm kind of surprised they showed them but no explanation at all.  Surely producer's knew audience would be shocked.

I noticed more commercial time than usual.  Families demanding more money?

Also Cory's wife, girlfriend...the banned one was at the reveal party.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

McKenzie commented on SM that Broncs takes medication for a heart condition. Sadly, one of the side effects is that it causes advance tooth decay.

Oh wow.  

I feel like an asshole now.

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, abracadabra said:

I did forget she was an event planner, and I was okay with her too UNTIL she yelled, "No one cares about you!!!" last week when her mom or sister were telling a pregnancy story. 

That's fair and Cheyenne was rude.  BUT, I gave it a pass only because she said it to her sister and not someone else like a friend.   Siblings and especially sisters who are close, can pop off like that on each other - especially during stress.  In my experience it goes two ways and easily forgotten.  Especially when you've spent the better part of a year living together.   Ugh.  Believe me, there were times when my husband's chewing was making me feel unhinged, lol. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Okay, hold up!!! Did Catelynn ever go to the doctor to confirm this pregnancy? Did she actually have a miscarriage or a missed period? I’m not bagging on her if she did but I thought I may have missed something. What I will bag on her about is telling her oldest kid who can barely even write her own name about a dead baby. What the actual hell? I’m all about being open and honest with your children but that’s a little too young to have that conversation. Nova shouldn’t even have known she was pregnant until she was at least out of her first trimester but according to Catelynn once you are out of the first 4 weeks you don’t have to worry about a miscarriage. 🤦‍♀️

• Love 11
17 hours ago, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

Okay, hold up!!! Did Catelynn ever go to the doctor to confirm this pregnancy? Did she actually have a miscarriage or a missed period? I’m not bagging on her if she did but I thought I may have missed something. What I will bag on her about is telling her oldest kid who can barely even write her own name about a dead baby. What the actual hell? I’m all about being open and honest with your children but that’s a little too young to have that conversation. Nova shouldn’t even have known she was pregnant until she was at least out of her first trimester but according to Catelynn once you are out of the first 4 weeks you don’t have to worry about a miscarriage. 🤦‍♀️

Ding ding ding. I agree.  I remember my mother telling me way back in the day ( way way way back in the day- I am old!) that you don't say anything until at least 3 months have passed. And unrelatedly I remember her saying that once you are telling people, to tell them you are due a bit later than actual because they will DRIVE you CRAY CRAY if you tell them the date and you are late. My mom was a very wise woman- and I was like 2 weeks late with each of mine. And yes people did drive me crazy! (but it's all good- ).

• Love 4
On 4/14/2021 at 6:59 PM, alotmorestupider said:

I majorly judge Mackenzie and Josh for their shitty parenting as evidenced by their 4 year old’s teeth. That kind of dental work can only be due to lack of any brushing/cleaning and/or going to bed with a bottle. I have a 3 year old and sometimes he can be psychotic but Bronx laughing at the notion of biting his teacher was frightening. I wouldn’t have taken it so lightly. But I give Mackenzie major props for advocating for her son’s needs when Josh would much rather ignore it (and his son). I know I’d be an anxious mess losing a grandparent and moving to a new state that’s 20 hours away from my dad; poor Bronx is crying out for attention and validation. Didn’t they take Jaxie on a trip without the boys? It’s so shitty they can’t give Bronx the 1:1 time he deserves. 

Speaking of shitty parenting, propping your toddler up with a tablet during dinner is absolutely horrible. I don’t expect anything less from Catelynn and Tyler though. I don’t imagine they think very deeply about parenting.

Can you imagine the environmental impact of Cheyenne’s party to find out the sex of a baby? It must be nice to have so much time and money. Good for her. 

Where does Cheyenne get the money to pay for all of these extravagant parties?  I can't even imagine how much it would cost to rent a helicopter for a stupid gender reveal.

• Love 10
On 4/15/2021 at 12:00 AM, BrownBear2012 said:

Wow...I couldn't disagree more...Cheyenne grated on my last nerve from her over the top "reveal" party with a helicopter to her endless whining about Ryder's medical condition in front of Ryder. Some things should be kept between adults and not brought up in front of children and this is one of them...especially the child that has a serious condition. But, as usual, it's all about Cheyenne who is the designated Princess of the family. 

Well...they are pregnant again and it's another girl. 

Are Cait and Tyler going to keep trying until they finally have a boy? I feel so sorry for the girls they have now.  I know we don't see every moment of their lives but as so many have mentioned upthread those girls seem to be emotionally neglected.  It's odd to me that Vaeda (sp?) isn't ever shown seeking her mom out for cuddles or playtime.  When my kids were that age I could never get away from them!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Are Cait and Tyler going to keep trying until they finally have a boy?

I hate Tyler so much I actually smiled when I read they're having a girl.  Of course all things considered it would be much better for everyone if they had a boy, but I couldn't help myself.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Are Cait and Tyler going to keep trying until they finally have a boy? I feel so sorry for the girls they have now.  I know we don't see every moment of their lives but as so many have mentioned upthread those girls seem to be emotionally neglected.  It's odd to me that Vaeda (sp?) isn't ever shown seeking her mom out for cuddles or playtime.  When my kids were that age I could never get away from them!

They’re too busy whining about Brandon and Teresa or getting their tattoos refreshed before heading out to see a psychic.

• Love 7

Late to the party. So Caitlin says after she woke up from her nap she noticed she was bleeding and assumed miscarriage? WTH. Don't get me wrong,  I enjoy a Saturday afternoon doze as much as anybody, but I work full-time and its once a week at the most. Why do I have the feeling that Caitlin has one daily?

• Love 5
On 4/14/2021 at 12:23 PM, Inga said:

FYI - My daughter had all her back teeth crowned when she was 4. She has a congenital enamel deformity that causes her teeth to just erode away.....and she gets very sad and embarrassed when people talk about her having a bunch of "cavities" or "not brushing her teeth." Maybe a little less judgement and a little more empathy 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1