Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17/E18: Where Are They Now? Angie J. Parts 1 and 2

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Do not speculate on any government benefits that may or may not be received by any poundticipants, their families or friends.   It is a rule across the board for the My 600 Lb. Life Forum. 

• Start Topic

I suspect her weight loss on the online photos are using filters, and whatever else people use to look hundreds of pounds thinner, and younger, and a real photo of her would look very different. 

Not only did she have pink eyeshadow, but pink hair, and a pink dress.    

The vaping is expensive, and since when this was shot Weed wasn't legal (don't know if it is in any form in Texas or not by now), I bet she was vaping the 'enhanced' vaping stuff that wasn't a tobacco substitute, but something more illegal.   They caught some vape shops doing that where I live. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

Wow, that was something else.  And not a good something else.  She seemed vaguely familiar so I had to scroll thru the live chat to see if I had watched the original first run of this mess.  Yep, there I was in the live chat, but I was still in mourning for my cat who had died about 2 weeks earlier, and Mr Twopper and I were eating dinner during the first part.  I am glad we didn't watch while we ate. 

I am not confident of my ability to watch another 2 hours of this self-centered druggie. 

I was a little confused as I think there were several women with similar names that season--like Angela, Angie J, and someone else.  I thought at first this was the woman who had custody of a great niece or cousin.   I seem to remember all of them being unsuccessful.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Hellga said:

As others have already said, she is good entertainment value. 

Additionally, budget.  Discovery has spent a fortune on original content for ++++++. Showing four hours of two plus year old footage of Angie J. involved the price of a good editor and nothing more.

• Love 6

Yes, I confused Angie J, from this episode, with Angela (Ohio, old boyfriend drove her to Houston and back, and then disappeared, her family all bailed on her.    She had the family foster cousin), she was a big fail too.    There were also two Ashleys, B & T, both also failures.    To keep them straight I have to go look at the episode thread.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, I confused Angie J, from this episode, with Angela (Ohio, old boyfriend drove her to Houston and back, and then disappeared, her family all bailed on her.    She had the family foster cousin), she was a big fail too.    There were also two Ashleys, B & T, both also failures.    To keep them straight I have to go look at the episode thread.  

Don't forget Ashley 1 ..... part of the original 5.  

• Love 3

There was a part of this episode where I actually liked Angie and could see why people would be friends with her.  I know!  It shocked me.

During her Dr. Paradise visit (the one prior to her being a drama queen) I felt terrible for her regarding how she grew up.  It appeared to me that she let her walls down and was very honest with Dr. Paradise.  I could see why she had such a thick armor around her.  It's not going to be easy to change, assuming she's even willing.

FWIW, I share the Dr. Paradise love.  What a breath of fresh air vs. Lola, with his sincere, heartfelt compassion.  Also, I think he's "jockey-sized", and no one calls them little people.

• Love 5

i follow a guy on instagram who watches 600 lb life episodes and provides commentary. he is absolutely hysterical, and i can’t wait til he gets to angie’s episodes. he’s got schenee, kristen, and krystal there along with many others. his name is jwhitehead87 if you need a laugh!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Nuccganggang said:

i follow a guy on instagram who watches 600 lb life episodes and provides commentary. he is absolutely hysterical, and i can’t wait til he gets to angie’s episodes. he’s got schenee, kristen, and krystal there along with many others. his name is jwhitehead87 if you need a laugh!

Welp, there goes my afternoon. Just watched him watching Chrystal and her kids making 8 pounds of bacon and pancakes for breakfast, then I clicked on a random other one and got treated to "Eat death, Lindsey!" 

(Fair warning, if you have a problem with swearing...maybe skip this guy.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

No way I'm missing the chat again next week.  You all were 🔥🔥🔥

I watched this last night, totally forgetting that there were 2 parts, and couldn't believe it was ending on the cliffhanger of "is it cancer or the clap?"  But then previews!!!  Homeless in the park!!!  Can't wait!!

• LOL 7
9 hours ago, cynicat said:

There was a part of this episode where I actually liked Angie and could see why people would be friends with her.  I know!  It shocked me.

During her Dr. Paradise visit (the one prior to her being a drama queen) I felt terrible for her regarding how she grew up.  It appeared to me that she let her walls down and was very honest with Dr. Paradise.  I could see why she had such a thick armor around her.  It's not going to be easy to change, assuming she's even willing.

FWIW, I share the Dr. Paradise love.  What a breath of fresh air vs. Lola, with his sincere, heartfelt compassion.  Also, I think he's "jockey-sized", and no one calls them little people.

Have you seen the hands of a jockey? ;-)

• Love 1

Re:  Angie?  O.M.G.  One of the saddest people we've ever seen here.  Such a horrid childhood, that will require much more in-person therapy than this show could air.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 1
On 4/16/2021 at 2:49 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I suspect her weight loss on the online photos are using filters, and whatever else people use to look hundreds of pounds thinner, and younger, and a real photo of her would look very different. 

Body double?  
And isn't she the first person to get a third episode, at least without dying?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Body double?  
And isn't she the first person to get a third episode, at least without dying?

The Assantis had four, but they might be a special case.

This Wednesday the 21st,  on TLC, they're doing a marathon of Angie J., with the original episode 3 to 5 Central, followed by part 1 of the WATN 5 to 7 Central, and then Part 2 of WATN, 7 to 9 Central.     I can't wait for part 2.   

Maybe we'll find out what her physical disease actually is, if Justin actually left, or if she sat on him, and he's squashed into the couch cushions, and why it's taken her friend from home so long to arrive.      She's so ungrateful to Dr. Now, Dr. Paradise, and anyone else that tries to help her.    Angie has squandered so many chances to change from  everyone who was foolish enough to try to help her.   I just want one more toxicology report from Dr. Now, I bet it would be epic. 

The Assantis had the original episode, the WATN 1 was the epic 'fall' off the golf cart, and WATN 2 and 3 were focused on the evil one's marriage, and Justin's surgery.   The last update was Dr. Now saying he hadn't heard from Steven in almost two years, and Justin for almost that long.     I suspect the father, and Steven will never be in Texas again, after the stealing of Justin's after surgery pain meds for Steven.    Or at least until the statute of limitations runs out. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
On 4/16/2021 at 2:44 PM, snarkish said:

This woman IS a damn Cancer, and I'm disgusted I'm wasting time watching her. And we've got two more hours of this waste of time next week.

^ this 💯 

angie J doesn’t Have Cancer 

angie J 100% IS A CANCER 

when her sus friend said ‘I’ll be there’  I lulzed and said to myself  She’s Not Coming 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

This Wednesday on TLC, they're doing a marathon of Angie J., the original episode 3 to 5 Central, followed by part 1 of the WATN 5 to 7 Central, and then Part 2 of WATN, 7 to 9 Central.     I can't wait for part 2.   

Maybe we'll find out what her physical disease actually is, if Justin actually left, or if she sat on him, and he's squashed into the couch cushions, and why it's taken her friend from home so long to arrive.      She's so ungrateful to Dr. Now, Dr. Paradise, and anyone else that tries to help her.    Angie has squandered so many chances to change from  everyone who was foolish enough to try to help her.   I just want one more toxicology report from Dr. Now, I bet it would be epic. 

Maybe Justin is tucked away somewhere in her fat folds. I recall an episode where Dr. Now discovered a bag of chips hidden in a poundticipant's folds while she was hospitalized. 

• LOL 8
On 4/16/2021 at 6:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

It's much easier to keep track of the successes. Fewer duplicate names, fewer names to remember.

• LOL 3

They're having the Supersized version of this WATN Part 1, on Thursday the 29th 7 to 9 pm. Central.     I can only imagine the bonus scenes in that one.   

I'm wondering if anyone figured out where Justin is now?     You know this WATN must have been filmed right after her original episode, so calling it a WATN was a little optimistic.    

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They're having the Supersized version of this WATN Part 1, on Thursday the 29th 7 to 9 pm. Central.     I can only imagine the bonus scenes in that one.   

I'm wondering if anyone figured out where Justin is now?     You know this WATN must have been filmed right after her original episode, so calling it a WATN was a little optimistic.    

The previews for today's WATN with Angie though. I have a feeling there will be several people on the bus with gasoline soaked pantaloons.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I suspect we're going to need a huge bus, or multiple buses.    And a whole lot of gasoline soaked drawers.   

I'm watching the last hour of the WATN part 1, and it's right when Dr. Paradise comes over, and Angie is having palpitations, no heart medication, claims her meds were stolen, breathing issues, and thinking of suicide.    This will be followed by the epic ER session with Dr. Now, and I can't wait.  

Dr. Now says at the hospital that Angie is claiming her heart meds were stolen, but he refilled them for her after the 'burglary'.  The paramedics also said her scan showed nothing abnormal with her heart.     That poor paramedic (obviously a novice to 600 lbs drama queens) who is trapped between Angie and the hospital bed was lucky he wasn't squashed. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Good thought.  I guess "where were they then?" doesn't have the same ring to it? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Good thought.  I guess "where were they then?" doesn't have the same ring to it? 

We can't be having updates on success stories.

We'll never reach the heights of the Assantis, but Angie sitting in a park with bags of clothes may let us reach snark levels unseen for weeks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I suspect we're going to need a huge bus, or multiple buses.    ANd a whole lot of gasoline soaked drawers.   

If we're all going to a hot place, can I bring a frozen pizza?

• LOL 9

I woke up this morning and my first thought was, "It's Wednesday ... and Angie is back tonight!" 

You guys are eternal optimists with these "Supersized" episodes though. It's only gonna be full of "fun" facts like:

• Angie likes the color orange
  • Angie buys her sticky notes in bulk, like her food
  • Angie was nice to someone once but later regretted it

I don't care that she finally lost a lot of weight, inside she's still the miserable needy whiner she's always been.   I bet she only moved back to Ohio, so she had a place to live.   I think she's only being nice to her daughter, so the daughter will abandon her kids, and boyfriend/husband, and move to Houston if she ever has skin removal.     Skin removal, I bet she'll want pain pills for that.    I'm wondering if she finally found the magic drug that has the side effect of making you lose weight?    There is no way she lost that much weight by 'hard work' and following the diet.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I'd like to point out that she said she was the oldest of 12 children. Can you imagine that she has no relationship with 11 siblings! This must be a record, and I don't mean for this show, I mean like a World Record for anyone with siblings, to be estranged from 11 siblings. You'd think at least one would still speak to her.

She has no one because she did it all to herself. Her toxic personality, people run

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

I think it is clear that Angie, in fact, likes the color pink.

Because she's a princess. I'll see myself out. 

Before the show started there was a little video clip and I'm trying to remember what woman it was who fell and got stuck between the car and the curb and had to be lifted like a stranded walrus. That was some good TV.

• LOL 7

I'm jealous of everyone in the live chat who got their vaccine. My state is backed up and it will probably be weeks at best for me! I can't complain too much though as I'm young and thus low-priority, but still, it would be nice to get it and be somewhat covered. I'm still living in 2020 and not going out to eat or planning any summer vacations yet.

Angie is still as nuts as expected. I can't believe we basically got 3 continuously filmed episodes.

• Love 5

How y'all doin?

All I got to say is. WOW!!    Angie Part 2......        I guffawed out loud the way she was talking to Dr Now in the hospital!  Damn! ( And it's 2 am in my apartment buiding.  Hope neighbors didn't hear me, I got a little loud lol)   she's definitely got addict behavior.

And why do very big people want bright colored ( pink) hair!   Ughhh.  She shouldn't want to be standing out that much.  Not many people,   or any people can carry that off.  Her dark hair was pretty at the end.

And what's with these random weird guys.  Are they supplying her with pills maybe? These  guys who she keeps finding to live with?    Lord...

She begs and bitches to get surgery, then bitches that it's too hard afterward.  Geesh.  I'm surprised she even got surgery talking to Dr Now like she did!

Gotta say though, great episode.  I was glued to it.  Love me some train wreck😁 

Oh, and since we've been talking vaccines, I got my first Pfizer on Monday.  Slight sore arm, nothing else.  Fyi. 

Now I'm going to read y'alls live chat on this episode.  Yay!!

Edited by suev3333
Added stuff
  • Love 4

Do the “boyfriends” get compensated for appearing on the show? 
Angie has to be on of my least favorites. A fat junkie pill whore. I can’t believe Dr. Now didn’t dismiss her early on. I guess the bottom of the barrel is being scraped due to Covid?

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

What a mess. Decided with that filthy mouth,  she must give really good blowjobs and that's how she attracts men who want to live with her

That's what I figured too.   The reason a lot of poundticipants have tongue piercings, too. 

Spoiler

If you search under her real, full name,  another facebook she has pops up, it says she's in a relationship now, still in Ohio, and for money she'll talk to you via video.   She also says that when she was in the hospital, she was called by the storage company, and their facility flooded.  She claims everything was lost, so does that mean another Gofundme?    The last one raised $242 before it was shut down.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I guess she counts as a success story because she lost more than 300 pounds. Took the efforts of Dr Now, Dr Paradise, the Rehab facility, the hospital and massive amounts of paramedics, nurses, and aides. She also seems to have alienated her entire family. But she used to be a selfish witch who weighed over 600 pounds and now she’s a selfish witch who weighs less than 300 pounds.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, nokat said:

Before the show started there was a little video clip and I'm trying to remember what woman it was who fell and got stuck between the car and the curb and had to be lifted like a stranded walrus. That was some good TV.

In a blue shirt? That was Maja Lacey, apparently.

9 hours ago, nokat said:

I was trying to read the T-shirt: I get enough exercise pushing ? I was thinking pushing a walrus but it was pushing my luck.

image.png.f155c143f08e041d450c03a72818aff9.png

I'm 99% sure we saw loving hubby Justin wearing the same shirt in part 1 (though it might have been a different color).

• LOL 3

My favorite scene was her with her head in the trash can (which still had a label on it). 

Getting weight loss surgery is NOT what you "earned," Angie.  Throwing up for a month IS.  Because karma.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, nokat said:

That was Lacey from Flint, MI.

lacey-my-600-lb-life-now-1549470369465-1549470372985.png

Edited by Mary
Edited to add pic
  • Love 3

I don't believe that Angie was living in that park. That was just a setup for extra drama because the film crew needed the footage to fill two hours.

I never want to see this woman on my TV screen again.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

I don't believe that Angie was living in that park. That was just a setup for extra drama because the film crew needed the footage to fill two hours.

I never want to see this woman on my TV screen again.

It didn't make much sense.  Her "boyfriend" wouldn't let her live with him, but he hung out with her all day at the park.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I don't watch this series, but some time ago I caught part of an episode with the angelic Angie!  I was surprised.  What an ungrateful piece of .... whatever.  So...I checked occasionally to find reruns and I was rewarded.  BOY, was I rewarded.  I'm sure if SHE watches every one of her episodes, she'll still come to the conclusion that Dr. Now was off-base in all his "diagnoses" and everyone around her is worthless.  Yeah, Angie, no one loves you because no one CAN love you!  

I don't know how any family members, friends, "husbands/boyfriends" stuck around more than 24 hours.  What a worthless human being drug addict.  I will not apologize.  And now...I'll look back and read all of your comments.

• Love 4